Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore (42471 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Releases Footage Of His DSS Detention Cell, A Year After / Unbowed And Unbroken: TIB Members Visit Defiant Sowore In DSS Detention / Oshiomhole Travels To US After DSS Detention? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by happney65: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
The co-convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore, who has been in the detention of the Department of State Services since August 3, 2019, has accused the DSS of maltreating him.

“I was abducted in the middle of the night. I was taken to one of your facilities in Lagos. I was beaten up, rough-handled on my way to the facility in the car. And my cousin, who was in the room with me, was also beaten and handcuffed, and my properties were forcefully seized. And when I got there, of course, the maltreatment continued, they threw me on a cold floor and locked the door.

“I had no contact with even the guards for two nights; I was in that facility before I was flown here by your agents. So, I was seriously maltreated,” Sowore reportedly said during an interrogation session by DSS operatives.

The National Legal Adviser of African Action Congress, the political party on whose platform Sowore contested the presidential race in this year’s general elections, Inibehe Effiong shared the “Transcript from DSS Interrogation of Sowore Upon Abduction – Excerpt 1,” on his Facebook page on Monday.

According to the transcript, Sowore was interrogated by five DSS operatives in the presence of his lawyer, one “Barrister Sam.”

One Usman Usman, a DSS operative, who led the interrogation, was said to have told Sowore that, “We’ll be asking you questions and our advice is for you to be truthful to the best of your knowledge. We’ll not force you to say anything. Whatever question we ask and you have a problem with or you don’t have an answer to or you don’t want to answer, there is no compulsion, you simply tell us you’re not going to answer these questions.”

When asked by Usman to say “If in the course of your being here anybody has molested you in any way or maltreated you?” Sowore said, “Yes,” and went on to give the response above.

On whether he was denied food, the detainee said, “While in your facility in Lagos, yes, but I decided that because of their hostility I won’t take any food until I am allowed to talk to a lawyer. I continued to refuse food; until I was allowed to speak with a lawyer, and I have seen my lawyer, but I am still being denied access to my immediate family.”

Asked if he had made calls to his family members, Sowore replied his interrogator, “I’ve not made any calls to them. My brother is outside; he wasn’t allowed to see me as we speak.

“No, I’ve not made any call to my family members, I only made calls to people I remember their numbers to bring me food and asked them to call my brother. My brother came in today. But he was denied access to me, so I haven’t been able to see him and as a result, speak with my mum, wife and kids.”(sic)

https://punchng.com/just-in-how-i-was-maltreated-in-dss-detention-sowore/?fbclid=IwAR0wfs6HPDWjMevT1J8AnVLPVOfU7TBXZ4wt7arEexNQWJPU9aeanRw7c4U

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by Okwyjesus(m): 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nigeria Nigeria!
lke gwuru......

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
You still have a long way to go then...

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by paiz: 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
cry
Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by MannaFromHeaven(m): 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
This guy shouldn't be deprived his rights. Not forgetting we are in Nigeria, no actions will be taken against the officers that maltreated him.

26 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by ursullalinda(f): 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2019
Sowore don hear nwii

18 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by hisexcellency34: 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
There will be trouble if he dies

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by adeiza4u(m): 11:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
Sowore is my political icon in Nigeria today. You'll definitely become the president of this country someday. I just pray you remain who you are and what you believe in.

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Nothing go still happen..

Life goes on.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by Racoon(m): 12:01am On Sep 24, 2019
Guess reality is more clearer now.Guess you now know the difference between a democrat and a tyrannt? Karma does not forgives or forgets.

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by phyllumtopilla: 12:22am On Sep 24, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Will you lead the "trouble"..... I believe he won't die......but life goes on my brother. More influential people have passed and life hasn't stopped.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by trueking: 3:40am On Sep 24, 2019
I know this guy's travails dey sweet some people.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by googi: 4:13am On Sep 24, 2019
trueking:

Of course. Na today Dem start.

They are schadenfreude, narcissist and masochistic felons.

9 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by donpapa(m): 6:13am On Sep 24, 2019
This is tyranny!

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by backnbeta(f): 6:20am On Sep 24, 2019
hisexcellency34:
He will not die, he will live to fight another day

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by helinues: 6:21am On Sep 24, 2019
Was?

Is he out?
Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by ScotMisile: 6:32am On Sep 24, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Oh No, Here they come again. .. If PMB reads this naa, DSS may take the young man's life while " Mr. There will be truble if he dies" will still be behind his Android phone... probably at the romance section on NairaLand.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by madenigga(m): 6:32am On Sep 24, 2019
That means Sowore is enjoying there now, they have no intention of detaining him.
All is media trial, them just want form serious

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by TreasureJunky: 6:46am On Sep 24, 2019
If he had not supported the dullard in power, he wouldn't have gotten this type of treatment.. Meanwhile, his brothers are not bothered by his travails, they are obsessed with 2023 presidency by the condolence VP

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by onatisi(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2019
grin. Hahahahaha
When we told them that the monster they were lying for and putting in power will later come back to deal ruthlessly and mercilessly with them,instead of listening then they were callig us wailers , so who is wailing now? Osinbajo too is facing his own too .
One thing is sure ,no matter the court that grants sowore bail, buhari will not release sowore, he will want to use him as a example and scapegoat to anyone who might be having any thoughts of challenging his government

34 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by arzizhy: 7:25am On Sep 24, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

People like you who support inhuman treatment and abuse of people right no matter their offense are one of the big problems we have in the country. And when SARS slap you on your way to buy garri, you will scream on social media. Ode.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by Chubhie: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2019
Nigeria behold your new president.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by boss1310(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
you support illegality and persecutions because your favorite party is in power,my dear you are actually hurting yourself in the long run because we are all in the same country and whatever happens to the elite will be worse on common citizens when the time comes
every government good or bad must have opponents
I dont support anyone or parties because I put Nigeria first before anyone, be a Nigerian and not a party follower

16 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by thundafire: 8:03am On Sep 24, 2019
Dat serves him ryt,GEJ will be laughing � very hard,u voted against freedom of speech and voted for freedom after speech not guaranteed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:18am On Sep 24, 2019
On whether he was denied food, the detainee said, “While in your facility in Lagos, yes, but I decided that because of their hostility I won’t take any food until I am allowed to talk to a lawyer. I continued to refuse food; until I was allowed to speak with a lawyer
See him mouth.
F.F.O : For Food Only! grin wink cheesy grin

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by makewetalk2: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2019
Yoruba! yoruba! one of the worst tribes to ever come from when the going is bad for you. see how they joined the northerners to embarass and belittle their own brother. they are torturing the man. do you think that they will accept you if you join them to smite your brother's neck? haha mumu. stay there day count wetin sowore do you. after sowore you are the next. Oodua Peoples Congress is like a secondary school boy scout's alumni club.
Fela had tribulations and they killed his mother. all the yoruba people sit down in their houses like cowards and continued partying. kudirat was killed, they kept on partying. abiola was killed the party continued. fela was killed the party never stop. funsho williams was killed they brought in a new DJ. bola ige was slaughtered they brought in new sound system, obasanjo was jailed, they called Shina Peters to sing more songs.

the yorubas hate Obasanjo and they argue that he did nothing for them. but the man was in prison for years and they abandoned him. if not for the fresh apple that was given to abacha, the yoruba people would have long forgotten obasanjo. the man is looking out for himself cos he knows his people. he gave them ota farm they said it was for his own good. instead of capitalizing on the opportunities, they sit down to be spoon fed. while the igbos cash in on their chances. obasanjo made sure that awolowo was not forgotten. he renamed the university of ife to immortalize Awolowo. the same obasanjo renamed lagos airport to immortalize a northerner murtala. he made buhari what he is today. gave him opportunities and made him a minister of petroleum. it was all obasanjo a man from the western tribe. today buhari and jagaban are trying to tarnish his legacy. obansajo called a northerner Atiku as his VP and this northerner started challenging him. he gave Atiku so much freedomprominence and power . the ungrateful northerner, atiku developed beef for the man who gave him bread. it was only last year that atiku decided to make peace with obasanjo because he wanted to be a president.
on the other hand, BUhari was president in 1983. he used a yoruba man called Idiagbon as his slave. today he is using another one as a slave. compare the treatment that obasanjo gave them to the treatment that Idiagbon and osinbanjo received and you will see the difference.

the igbos have a day they remember Ojukwu. they still mention his name and refer to him in most instances. have you heard any yoruba man mention Obafemi awolowo's name? is there a day to remember him? hahahahahaha I laugh

It took me years to verify the certainty of what my father used to say' "wherever a yoruba man drops his bag, there is his home".

the northerners have been killing the other tribes of the country for almost a century. the divide between these people are supposed to be religion but it transcends beyond that. the yoruba muslims thought that they would be safe in the north on account of their faith, but they equally get slaughtered whenever there is protest. nyamiri refers to all. still they align themselves with their killers.

yoruba people, sowore is your son and the way you treat him determines the way others treat you. he did not commit a crime. he is only an activist. do not dissociate yourself from him because he is in prison. if the man becomes president tomorrow, all these brown rotten teeth claiming that he does not represent yoruba people will jump out of their stink homes to sing his praise.

42 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by islandmoon: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2019
The Nigerian Mandela

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by obembet(f): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2019
ursullalinda:
Sowore don hear nwii
trueking:
Mutemenot:
shocked DSS na your friend, wish it was SARS your story for get a different headline cheesy By the time tyrant bubu, your friend is done with You, ur eyes go clear

spafu:
Serves you right

post=82513256:

See him mouth.
F.F.O : For Food Only! grin wink cheesy grin

Suffering and smiling people. I will be the last person to pity any Nigerian no matter what happen to them. They don't worth it.

My family and I only.

Love u more Sowore...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by chrisxxx(m): 8:20am On Sep 24, 2019
This is no Jonathan's government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2019
Sowore is greater than Nnamdi Kanu

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore by Olamsoh: 8:22am On Sep 24, 2019
Pastor needs a car, let's donate.
A member needs surgery, let's pray for him�
Which way my people, when will this stop?

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Matthew Page Criticises America After Meeting With Lai Mohammed / President Buhari Inauguration Speech / Electric Atmosphere As Bukola Saraki Returns Home To Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.