Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,344 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna (26751 Views)

16-Year-Old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Kidnap, Demands N500,000 Ransom / 3 Men Kidnap And Rape A Lady In Anambra After Collecting N400,000 Ransom / Police Arrest Kidnapper Who Collected $15,000 Ransom In Bitcoins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by fergie001: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
The family of Esther Katung, who was abducted on September 14, have lamented how kidnappers took a ransom of N250,000 after killing her.

The deceased, whose husband is the pastor of the ECWA church in the village, was abducted in Bagoma, Birnin Gwari local government area of Kaduna state, when bandits broke into their home about 11:30pm.

Ishaku Katung, her husband, was said to have escaped with serious injuries when the kidnappers attacked them.

A family source said the deceased and two other victims escaped from captivity but the deceased was not lucky as she was caught by the kidnappers who broke her leg and smashed her head, leading to her death.

The bandits were said to have dumped her corpse in the bush. Her body was discovered days after the family went to pay the ransom.

The source said having killed her, the kidnappers gave the impression that she was alive and insisted on the payment of ransom for her release.

The kidnappers were said to have demanded N5 million as ransom, but after a series of negotiations and pleading, they agreed to take N250,000 for her release.

The source explained that the people who went to deliver the ransom had to run for their lives as the bandits burnt their motorcycles after collecting the money.

Confirming the incident, Joseph Hayab, chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)in the state, said human life “no longer means anything in the country”.

He said the rate of kidnappings in the state is “very scary”, noting that people are living under perpetual fear of the unknown.

“What really happened is that she wanted to escape with two others. They killed her and dumped her corpse in the bush,” Hayab said.

“After they killed her, they were still demanding for the ransom without telling us that they had killed her and the ransom was delivered to them.

“They burnt the motorcycle of those who went to deliver the ransom and collected their mobile phones”.

Efforts to reach Yakubu Sabo, spokesman of the Kaduna state police command, for reaction were unsuccessful as his mobile phone was switched off as of the time of filing this report.

In August, Jeremiah Omolewa, resident pastor of the Living Faith Church in Romi New Extension, a suburb in the state, was killed while his wife was abducted.

The incident happened along Kaduna-Abuja road. While his son escaped, the gunmen took his widow into the forest and later contacted the family of the victim to demand a ransom of N50 million.

She was released after ransom was paid.

https://www.thecable.ng/kidnappers-take-n250k-ransom-kill-victim-in-kaduna

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by FamousMonk: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2019
A pastor's wife ..
And he escaped and left her behind?
I wonder why Jesus didnt save her..

This is why I tell young men that marriage doesn't mean you've gotten someone you can trust.
In the end,you'll discover that all you've got in this cold world is just you and your preeq..
Every other thing or person will forsake you,but your preeq will always be with you,for better or for worse.
Even Angels have preeqs.
It is suffice to postulate that your preeq will always be there,even in Valhalla.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by fergie001: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
FamousMonk:
A pastor's wife ..

This is why I tell young men that marriage doesn't mean you've gotten someone you can trust.
In the end,you'll discover that all you've got in this cold world is just you and your preeq..
Every other thing or person will forsake you,but your preeq will always be with you,for better or for worse.
Even Angels have preeqs.
It is suffice to postulate that your preeq will always be there,even in Valhalla.
I jikwa onwe gi?

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by crackhouse(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2019
Wucked kidnappers. Very wucked

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Foodforthought: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2019
FamousMonk:
A pastor's wife ..

Even Angels have preeqs.
I hope you're alright.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by kingjosephat(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2019
so terrible

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by HarryDuce(m): 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
Gone are the days kidnappings were mostly restricted to the Niger Delta. The kidnapping business is booming gradually it seems. Somebody cannot make money and enjoy it again.

7 Likes

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by HANSEEL(m): 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
please is it possible to unlock iPhone 5s icloud?
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Richdad50(m): 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
shocked
FamousMonk:
A pastor's wife ..

Even Angels have preeqs.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
We've had enough bad news on the front-page today. Why not keep this for tomorrow's wailing :-
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by akintemi12345(m): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2019
cry
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by haryothosyn93(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
The headquarter of bad and heartbreaking news is kaduna and the government doesn't feel concern.... every man for himself!

This is Nigeria where Fulanis owns everything
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by stankezzy: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
welcome to change,
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Mayflowa(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
This is terrifying!
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
FamousMonk:
A pastor's wife ..

Even Angels have preeqs.

Seun

13 Likes

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by bIoodykiller: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
jezzz
even Satan will be marveled at some wicked soul angry shocked cry
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
And baba Ruga is busy planing how to plant 2 million trees while the country is on fire... BUHARI shame to you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by BlackPeni5: 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
Kaduna is.like the most insecure state in Nigeria without Boko Haram.
In the next 10 years, they will be nothing like southern Kaduna dominated by Christians.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by owendei(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
FamousMonk:
A pastor's wife ..

Even Angels have preeqs.
I suggest you go and sleep if you have nothing meaningful to say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
FamousMonk:
A pastor's wife ..

Even Angels have preeqs.

In the 1980's in the USA...a mother lost her son to an accident caused by a drunk driver.

Instead of listening to analysis of why her Gods failed her, she instead founded an advocacy group...to fight for stiffer punishments for drunk driving.

You this man, and by extension your friends who are religious...instead of arguing over what her Gods should have or should not have done....why don't you do something...like put pressure on your local poltican for changes to the law, funding for the police, etc, etc.

But no, it is time to mock others.

That's why things will never change in Nigeria.

(And the same goes for the religious people here too....you have the means to end kidnapping and other evil in this country. Advocate, littigate, fight.).

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by paddyofboss(m): 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
Are they mad
Money that can change that BBQ dead meat sellers life. Imagine angry

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
Maybe they ran out of bullets and needed funds cheesy
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Quality20(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
how I wish elrufai can b d commander in chief of d armed forces of Nigeria
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
See life, see APC
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by chukwuibuipob: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
sad sad sad Handwork of Mai RUGA pipu.May thunder from Ondo gods shrine visit N strike dem wherever dey are

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by Proffdada: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
It wasn't a rescue mission all along when their victims were Christians. They weren't planning to let the victims go alive just like Leah Sharibu. cry
RIP to the dead
Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
By fire by force am living this country

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers take N250,000 ransom, kill victim in Kaduna by CotenantNIG: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2019
dont try northerners

they are too ruthless

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Teenager Stabs Friend To Death Over Food / Young Man Kills His Mother In Rivers For Refusing To Give Him N20,000 (Photo) / Court Jails Babatunde Habeeb, Estate Agent 1,230 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.