Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east (18878 Views)

Sokoto Communities Lament As Nigerian Army Shuts Down Border With Niger / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Gunmen Burn DSS, FRSC Offices In Nnewi Over Nigerian Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Stillthebest: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
Ojims90:

safe ways ? in Borno, especially heading to d dambua axis. Oga stop writing nonsense from ur house

Coming from a nonsensical maggot inside a hut! If there bank accounts are not safe is it there cars that are safe in Borno. Or what transaction is it that can't be done via transfer if the motive is pure? Half baked tool!
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by MrMicholo(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
Army looking for excuses to hide their incompetence. We wey dey Borno know the truth. I know about 7 LGAs in Borno 95% controlled by ISWAP. ( Marte, Abadam, Kukawa, Baga, Gudzamal LGAs the Army should march towards that LGA and that will be the end of ISWAP)

It's Wednesday can we me at Command Club ladies night at Baga road Maiduguri? wink
Maybe you should take it easy and calm down.. there is a definite reason for every military action..
Which time wey you go come that side, may I know whether I fit come out!
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Fragility6: 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2019
FreelanceRebel:
This is true; I support the move.
#NoToBHTSympatizers

These NGO are providing aid to Boko Haram Members. According to a source I would not mention; working with one of the NGO in the SE IDP camp. They said these BHT basterds will come into the camp at night to eat food, have sex with their wives then return back to the bush.

They also reveal that the wives of these bastard BHTs behave arrogantly within the camp knowing well that their blood-sucking killer could do anything. On the part of the NGO workers, they cannot anything that will risk their lives.

Don't ask me how I know what I know; if you know, you know.
Grow up
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Mummymahdi(f): 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

grin grin Our Army are scared of confronting these guys in the bush. They are just hunting we Humanitarians to show to the world they are working.

If Bokoharam needs food they will walk into Local Governments to get it or lay ambush.

How can a driver who helps Army withdraw cash with ATMs supply food to Bokoharam. Most military men here give transporters they trust to help them withdraw
I work with mercy corps :at Gombe officeI, they really helping the poor nothing more, and we move with money because borno diesnt have peace to announce such movement by inviting excorts... soldiers have motive i know that not now
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Mummymahdi(f): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
Eddee:

What are you saying? Do you know the value of some procurement contracts? We are talking about an average of 100k American style for provision of shelter tents, water cans, CBI for food, shelter, education and a whole host of needs

moreover mercy corps helps dips learn skills and empower them with cash. I work for 2years with them each after 6months they released more bigger amount for empowerment alone. they don't give chicken change they are really empowering women and girls. not go talk of their food and life support programs
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Ayowumie(m): 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

It's Wednesday can we me at Command Club ladies night at Baga road Maiduguri? wink

Let's do WOLF over the weekend. Command is too far for now
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Eddee(m): 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2019
Mummymahdi:

moreover mercy corps helps dips learn skills and empower them with cash. I work for 2years with them each after 6months they released more bigger amount for empowerment alone. they don't give chicken change they are really empowering women and girls. not go talk of their food and life support programs

Yeah, you're right. How are their livelihoods programs structured? I mean entrepreneurship business workshops and vocational trainings for POC's (beneficiaries). What did you guys life skills did you guys train them on before giving them cash grants and/or startup kits?
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Eddee(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
Ayowumie:

You know Command is safer - I greet you fellow hustler grin grin
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Mummymahdi(f): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
Eddee:

Yeah, you're right. How are their livelihoods programs structured? I mean entrepreneurship business workshops and vocational trainings for POC's (beneficiaries). What did you guys life skills did you guys train them on before giving them cash grants and/or startup kits?
even b4 training commences the young girls undergo 6months safe space training on health and life skills and later
young girls were trained in tailoring, hair dressing, beauticians(make up artist)
women is pettytrading./businesses
guys welding, mechanics and wood work.
there was a team that came from United nations to confirm unknowingly and they applaud the work because we make sure all the necessary things required is been purchased by the beneficiaries and we make sure of sustainability because we always work hand in hand with the community heads and also parents and guidians
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Eddee(m): 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
Mummymahdi:

even b4 training commences the young girls undergo 6months safe space training on health and life skills and later
young girls were trained in tailoring, hair dressing, beauticians(make up artist)
women is pettytrading./businesses
guys welding, mechanics and wood work.
there was a team that came from United nations to confirm unknowingly and they applaud the work because we make sure all the necessary things required is been purchased by the beneficiaries and we make sure of sustainability because we always work hand in hand with the community heads and also parents and guidians

That's great, kudos.
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by ObiOkpor(m): 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2019
Racoon:
Imagine! No intelligence gathering among our security agencies in today's Nigeria
Shut up!!! The military have intelligent that this are sponsors of boko haram.. Don't spew trash of what you don't know..
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by ObiOkpor(m): 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
Army looking for excuses to hide their incompetence. We wey dey Borno know the truth. I know about 7 LGAs in Borno 95% controlled by ISWAP. ( Marte, Abadam, Kukawa, Baga, Gudzamal LGAs the Army should march towards that LGA and that will be the end of ISWAP)

Desist from spreading lies..
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by Haddock(m): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2019
FarahAideed:
Bad day for NGOs in Buharis Nigeria , while Boko Haram is executing their members Buhari govt is also persecuting them ..But this 29 million naira cash found with a mercy Corp vendor and gas cylinder is very suspect and smells like funding for something sinister.

Buhari's government is persecuting NGOs yet 29 million Naira found with Mercy Corps is very suspect and smells like funding for something sinister...

You're confused.
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by FarahAideed: 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
Haddock:

Buhari's government is persecuting NGOs yet 29 million Naira found with Mercy Corps is very suspect and smells like funding for something sinister...

You're confused.

Is it your confusion? Abeg park well before I pack you
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:30am On Sep 26, 2019
Ayowumie:

Wolf na Saturday e dey happen na
Re: Army Shuts Down Mercy Corps’ Offices In North-east by ifyboy60(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2019
FarahAideed:
Bad day for NGOs in Buharis Nigeria , while Boko Haram is executing their members Buhari govt is also persecuting them ..But this 29 million naira cash found with a mercy Corp vendor and gas cylinder is very suspect and smells like funding for something sinister.

I work with an NGO, the problem is that there are no working banks in most part of the state so cash has to be transferred

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chatham House: APC ‘Window-Dressing’ Tinubu – Dele Momodu / APC Campaign Rally In Shira Local Government Area In Bauchi State. / Traditional Rulers Join MASSOB In Enugu With 200 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.