Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,893 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

I Will Waive My Constitutional Immunity To Clear My Name - Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Waive My Constitutional Immunity To Clear My Name - Osinbajo (253 Views)

I Exercised My Constitutional Right In Picking Funke As My Running Mate - Jandor / I Will Waive My Immunity To Be Investigated - Osinbajo / 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Waive My Constitutional Immunity To Clear My Name - Osinbajo by Oluwabash(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2019
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has declared his readiness to waive his constitutional immunity to “enable the most robust adjudication” of several baseless allegations, insinuation and falsehoods against his person and office.

Prof. Osinbajo made this declaration in a tweet he personally authored this afternoon.

Below is the full text of his tweet:

“In the past few days, a spate of reckless and malicious falsehoods have been peddled in the media against me by a group of malicious individuals.

“The defamatory and misleading assertions invented by this clique had mostly been making the social media rounds anonymously.

“I have today instructed the commencement of legal action against two individuals, one Timi Frank and another Katch Ononuju, who have put their names to these odious falsehoods.

“I will waive my constitutional immunity to enable the most robust adjudication of these claims of libel and malicious falsehood.”

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity
Office of the Vice President
25th September, 2019
Re: I Will Waive My Constitutional Immunity To Clear My Name - Osinbajo by IamR: 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
You are a VP with a difference.
Re: I Will Waive My Constitutional Immunity To Clear My Name - Osinbajo by Mynd44: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2019
Re: I Will Waive My Constitutional Immunity To Clear My Name - Osinbajo by ODB2: 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2019
[s]
Oluwabash:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has declared his readiness to waive his constitutional immunity to “enable the most robust adjudication” of several baseless allegations, insinuation and falsehoods against his person and office.

Prof. Osinbajo made this declaration in a tweet he personally authored this afternoon.

“In the past few days, a spate of reckless and malicious falsehoods have been peddled in the media against me by a group of malicious individuals.

“The defamatory and misleading assertions invented by this clique had mostly been making the social media rounds anonymously.

“I have today instructed the commencement of legal action against two individuals, one Timi Frank and another Katch Ononuju, who have put their names to these odious falsehoods.

“I will waive my constitutional immunity to enable the most robust adjudication of these claims of libel and malicious falsehood.”

Laolu Akande
25th September, 2019
[/s]

As long as the trio of Lai Mohammed, Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina have not come out to debunk any rift between the VP's office and Buhari/Cabal , then the houseboy is just making noise.

Why has Tinubu's camp not come out to deny the 6bn shortfall claim?

Osinbanjo should channel all his energy towards clearing his name over the various scandals raised against him instead of trying to gag people from reporting and commenting on his scandal .

If he chooses to waive his immunity then he should be prepared to get his ass sued as well.
Re: I Will Waive My Constitutional Immunity To Clear My Name - Osinbajo by Niaja4real(m): 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
Oluwabash:

Laolu Akande
25th September, 2019
Be fast about it & spare us the rant!

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Nigerians National From This To This Affected The Nation. / Pre Independence Videos Of Africa / ODHA Demands Details Of Proposed Recruitment Exercise From Osrc/orange FM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.