Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,963 members, 7,852,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises (389 Views)

New Band A Tariff: NERC Orders Automatic Downgrade After 7 Days Non-Performance / Lawmaker, Tijjani Abdulkadir Jobe Beaten By Kano Youths Over Non-Performance / PDP Mocks Buhari, APC Over Failed Campaign In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises by IamHeWrites: 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2019
The Vice-Chairman of Uhunmwode Local Government Council of Edo State, Hon. Edosa Iyayi, has tendered his resignation over what he described as two years of “abysmal failure and non-performance” of the Council.

In the letter obtained by Igbere TV, Iyayi detailed his “troubled conscience” and “desire to avoid tainting the legacy” of his father and family by “continued association with the council that has failed to fulfill electoral promises to the people of Uhunmwode.”

“Mr. Chairman, I am an lyayi and we all know what the name lyayi stands for. My conscience is not at peace and my late father‘s legacies are being threatened by my being associated with this abysmal failure and non-performance”, he said.

“After almost 2years as Vice Chairman of Uhunmwode Council, I am unable to come to terms with the fact that the council has not delivered even a single project in the actualization of our numerous election promises. I cannot, as Vice Chairman, reconcile the fact that I am a part of a team that has failed woefully. I have waited, prayed and hoped for things to change at some point, but it doesn’t seem this will happen anytime soon.

“I have the rest of my life to live with myself and cannot continue to serve the Council as is presently being managed and still maintain a true state of happiness. The Uhunmwode Local Government as is presently being run clearly violates both my family's ethical standards and my personal judgment.

“Mr. Chairman, the purpose of this letter therefore, is to humbly convey to you, my decision to resign my position as Executive Vice Chairman of Uhunmwode Local Government Council forthwith,” added Iyayi in the letter.

He thanked the APC and the people for the opportunity to serve and explained that his resignation is without prejudice to his future desire to serve in other capacities.

http://igberetvnews.com/1022156/council-vice-chairman-resigns-non-performance/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises by IamHeWrites: 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises by SLAP44: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
This is what we expect Osibanjo to do, to look at the numerous empty promises APR made and remember the promise you made to Jesus Christ , feel the pain of the masses and come to the aid of the massacred thousands.

Or resign like this honorable gentleman.
Re: Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2019
No money coming to him
Re: Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises by SLAP44: 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
MelesZenawi:
No money coming to him

While some money is coming to Osibanjo? Why are you using style to yab our VP (academics) grin
Re: Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises by helinues: 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2019
That's boldness
Re: Council Vice-chairman Resigns Over Non-performance, Failed Campaign Promises by SLAP44: 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
helinues:
That's boldness

You mean Osinbajo is not bold?

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Is Trending On Twitter / Nigerian Police Attacked IPOB Members With Live Bullets In Ebonyi State (VIDEO) / Jibrin: I Remain Unshaken Over Appeal Court Judgement That Sacked Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.