Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders (1093 Views)

President Buhari Stands Tall Amongst West African Leaders (photos) / Breaking:nigeria Challenges The World With '9JABOLT' Solar Car. / Electoral Reform In Nigeria: Challenges And Implications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2010
Former United States Special Envoy for Africa, Reverend Jesse Jackson, on Monday arrived the country through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

Jackson, a two-time US presidential candidate, told journalists he was in Nigeria to talk about urban development at the Kuramo Conference being organised by the Lagos State Government in partnership with the private sector.

He said there was hope for the Africa continent because of the sustained democratic rule in Nigeria.

He said, “One major future that Africa has in particular is that Nigeria had developed a stable democracy in this time that we are in.”

“I am here to be part of this conference (Kuramo) to talk about urban development, and what we need to rebuild and develop our city. Lagos is like a technological city in the world and the challenges are great here so this conference is meant to proffer steps in developing Africa.”

Jackson said that great nations were built by democracy, provision of drinkable water, universal health care and education.

The American envoy, however, lamented that Africa was yet to begin the process of building her citizens.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/72883-Jesse-Jackson-arrives-Nigeria-challenges-African-leaders.html
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2010
Hopefully something good will come out of it
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders by iyatrustee(f): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2010
long time! my friend cheesy. i have been following closely and found out you have changed drastically. ur signature of Original No 1 Amebo who speaks the truth undiluted has been removed! what happened this is a brand new you. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 03, 2010
^^Lol Iyatrustee believe me when I say you just drew my attention to my signature cheesy. Someone definitely tampered with it shocked. Fixed it cool
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 03, 2010
Challenge ke? He's just for the Speaking and Guest Money. You know how much they make speaking right?
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders by isalegan2: 11:53am On Nov 03, 2010
Jesse Jackson is not credible.  And not relevant.  Hope they send him packing ASAP.
Re: Breaking News: Jesse Jackson Arrives In Nigeria, Challenges African Leaders by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2010
grin wink african leaders are gorillars. He can only talk or beg selected few who can only listen and allow him to finish. They will continue to load money as soon as he left. You cannot change this ppl already in power.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Jim Nwobodo? / . / Breaking News:presidency Orders Arrest Of Buhari Over Northern Violence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.