Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande (5862 Views)

I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi / ‘He Is Never Found To Be Corrupt’ — Sanwo-Olu Hails Buhari At 80 / If Nigerians Need Nysc To Get Job, Politicians Without Nysc Should Not Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by Miracle4Sure: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2019
Na so
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by phemmie06(m): 8:05am On Sep 27, 2019
Only in Nigeria politics become a profession.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by donbachi(m): 8:07am On Sep 27, 2019
Duplik8t77:

Definitely not for the benefit of nigerians'.
na so odili go build hospital for south africa,as alledged...him own manchi precious ngalale colonize d hospital.cos na him dem use as under g.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by Stillthebest: 8:09am On Sep 27, 2019
kiss

What other livelihood does baba Akande have? He was a teacher.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by Duplik8t77(m): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2019
donbachi:
na so odili go build hospital for south africa,as alledged...him own manchi precious ngalale colonize d hospital.cos na him dem use as under g.
can you imagine. If him build am for naija Shey him go die? Black man and him Mumu mentality
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by BabaO2: 8:14am On Sep 27, 2019
onyedikachukwue:
What’s Tinubu’s livelihood before he became a politician. Hypocrite.
ask Google for free
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by Johnnyessence(m): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2019
Omooba77:
The former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Bisi Akande, on Thursday, said politicians with no other sources of livelihood may end up getting involved in corrupt acts in public office.

Akande, who spoke in Yoruba at the lecture organised to mark 94th birthday of Second Republic Senator, Pa Ayo Fasanmi, held in Osogbo, said many old-generation politicians had been successful in their careers before venturing into politics.

The APC chieftain noted that, before Fasanmi was elected as a senator, he had excelled as a pharmacist, adding that present-day politicians with no other source of income would be tempted to engage in graft.

“If you are not established in your profession and you get into politics, you will never do anything that is right.

“When we were still active in politics, we were contributing money for the party, but now, the reverse is the case. If politics can go back to the way it was being practised back then, we will have a sane society,” Akande said.

Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun State, who was represented by his deputy, Benedict Alabi, in his remarks, described Fasanmi as a beacon of hope and an encouragement to the younger generation.

Former Oyo State deputy governor, Iyiola Oladokun, in a lecture titled ‘Ayo Fasanmi: An Epitome of Consistency and Loyalty to the Progressives Ideals,’ stated that those aspiring to lead the country must have quality education and high sense of discipline.

https://punchng.com/politicians-without-other-livelihoods-will-be-corrupt-akande/
As if the clueless Agbaya former governor isn't corrupt. his son is part of stooge oyetola cabinet members oooo. Ole ole

1 Like

Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by gaskiyamagana: 8:15am On Sep 27, 2019
chiefolododo:
Someone like buhari
Chiefoniro. What about his herd?
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by phemmie06(m): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2019
Stillthebest:
kiss
What other livelihood does baba Akande have? He was a teacher.
He has political son, and grandson being a godfather
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by b4nks: 8:24am On Sep 27, 2019
Imagine Dino Melaye with all the fleet of cars, limited editions of different auto makers, cars he drives in Abuja alone. He has no business whatsoever but only depends on public funds and his salary coined from tax payers!! He wanted to be the governor of my state- lmao. He thought politics is about raging and followers on IG!! I bet he'd buy more fleet of cars if he is elected. Them humble the guy
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by BuhariAdvocate: 8:29am On Sep 27, 2019
I pity you.
Johnnyessence:
As if the clueless Agbaya former governor isn't corrupt. his son is part of stooge oyetola cabinet members oooo. Ole ole
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by zedman1(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2019
Well, I don't think that's the yardstick for judging whether a politician will be corrupt or not. My governor(Ortom of Benue state) was a very successful businessman before he was elected, but you can't imagine how evil he has been from day one of his stay in office till date. I just believe people choose to be corrupt irrespective of their wealth statuses.

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by SenecaTheYonger: 8:34am On Sep 27, 2019
onyedikachukwue:
What’s Tinubu’s livelihood before he became a politician. Hypocrite.

He was a laywer.
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by Johnnyessence(m): 8:41am On Sep 27, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I pity you.
pity your self first for supporting lifeless buhari.
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by jayboy007(m): 9:23am On Sep 27, 2019
Okorocha was a very wealthy man before he became governor, but today he is one of d most corrupt ex governors that have left office
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by gudugudumeje: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2019
What was Akande's livelihood before he became Governor in 1999? Lam Adesina, a popular newspaper stand pensioner and his co-newspaper stand by-stander pensioner Omololu Olunloyo were better than him...
Re: Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande by lloyds(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2019
Is there a Nigerian politician that is not corrupt?

The entire process is corrupt, so how do u emerge and survive without corruption?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covid-19- Is Bill Gate Really A Good Person? Americans Thinks Otherwise / I Cheated On My Husband, Should I Tell Him / 2023: APC Not Pressurizing INEC Chair To Truncate Elections – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.