Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Friends With Benefits - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Friends With Benefits (401 Views)

The Truth About Friends With Benefits Nobody Will Tell You / My Ex-Girlfriend Has Become Best friends With My Current Girlfriend / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Friends With Benefits by pressplay411(m): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2019
Friends With Benefits
A friend is a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

Our friends are often our greatest influence.
Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? Amos 3:3
A popular saying goes, "Show me who your friends are, and I’ll tell you who you are”?
Another says "Show me your friends and I'll show you your future."
Certainly, our friends have a huge impact on us.

Our friends will either be beneficial or harmful to us. Hence, it is wisdom to choose our friends carefully.
Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

*Benefits of Friends*
Wisdom- He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20

Growth- As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

Companionship- A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

Good Counsel- Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel. Proverbs 27:9

Support System- Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

The phrase Friends with Benefits has become synonymous with casual sexual relationships among friends.
But we ought to know better that such should not be heard of among believers.

Do not be misled, bad company corrupts good character. 1 Corinthians 15:33

Your lifestyle is largely influenced by the company you keep, especially your friends.
You start to sound alike, do things alike and even think alike. Proverbs 22:24-25

Question- Do your friends make you uncomfortable praying?
Does your loyalty to your friends make you disloyal to God?

Your friends will either help you get closer to God or drift you away from God.
Some friends are intentionally bad for you. Some are innocently unaware they are bad for you.
Or are you the one who is bad for your friend?

Choose your friends wisely.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Remembered Everything Again And I Feel Depressed Now. / Are You A Single Muslim Lady? This Information Is For You / What Should She Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.