Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. (1533 Views)

God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by zhia2000(f): 7:15pm On May 18, 2007
Landers Kwenu!!!!

If you had a good professional job in the UK, that pays at least £27,000 p.a (£2300 per mnth) at entry level, and all other things are fine. Will you give that up for a job in 9ja? Please state reasons for ur choice.

Much appreciated wink
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by DisGuy: 8:02pm On May 18, 2007
[s]How much are they paying you for the nigerian job?[/s] What are the benefits included in the job offer

What state will you be going to?

have you got relatives in nigeria?

Have you got accommodation already?

What is the working culture like in the company?
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by skillmyman(m): 9:22pm On May 18, 2007
hi,
i sincerely hope u have a job offer in nigeria before coming or better still, apply for a job as an expatriate staff from england. that way, ur paid higher.
dont be fooled, getting a great job in nigeria is not easy ( not yam like we say).
I have worked for 12yrs in nigeria and i am still thinkin of goin to england using hsmp.
it also depends on ur focus. whats ur plans are in 5 yrs u know.
i am beggin u in the name of GOD, dont make a hasty move of comin over except ur sure of what u want.

cheers.
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by dinnerm(f): 10:25pm On May 18, 2007
if you wish,if you think the salary is better and much you can leave,
if you think you can cope you can leave.
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by TheOne2(m): 1:53am On May 19, 2007
How come you expect responses when you didn't even give any details that will enable objective comparative analysis?
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 19, 2007
I advice you to be careful. I am in a similar situation and I am a british citizen ( dual nationality ) earning a basic of £35,000 yearly but with a wife and 2 boys. That about £3000.00 monthly before tax which is quite a lot.

For a single man I will say get a job first, a firm offer and accept nothing less than 450,000 Naira monthly. But for someone like me , a minimum of 800,00 Naira or else nothing because do not forget that you will want to live comfortably back home in a secure environment without any hassle.

I know dozens of Nigerians, a consultant, professionals, entry level graduates, who are yearning to return home but at the right price.

God is able, just think carefully, before you go from frying pan to fire.
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by iyken(m): 1:47pm On May 19, 2007
zhia2000:

If you had a good professional job in the UK, that pays at least £27,000 p.a (£2300 per mnth) at entry level, and all other things are fine. Will you give that up for a job in Nigeria? Please state reasons for your choice.

Its obvious from the tone of your wordings,you are not ready to giveup your "good professional job" yet.
Perhaps that explains you did not give details of the Job in Nigeria. Is it Professional too? How much? What prospects are there.
Do not forget,home is home. So lets compare apple for apple and take a decision.
Good luck.

skillmyman:

I have worked for 12yrs in nigeria and i am still thinkin of goin to england using hsmp.
@ skillmyman,
HSMP does not gurantee permanent residence. Beware,all that glitters is not gold. Talking from experience Bro. lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by kenechi22(m): 3:22am On May 25, 2007
My guy u better hold unto ur job in the uk.What interests u here in Nigeria apart from the job is the heavy road hold up or the poor power supply or the insecurity of life and property my guy am coming to that side sef not realy because of money but to develop myself and leave a good life.Everything is not all about money but when u re in a right track money must come.My guy please think twice
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by Vernor(m): 8:03am On May 25, 2007
Bros, my advise be say as all de talk apart from weighing d salary with a Niger wahala pls try no come except incase all fail u can start on ur own with the experience over ther but u know say u need finance but if u gat it come home @ least come and develop ur country (u no tell us weda u b truly Nigizie) my own paspective is learn new thing and come here 2 establish them here . Remember u will always b a 2nd class citizen even if u are a citizen and black. Dont deceive ursef. and anoda point nigeria job is not permanent consider all dis if u gat d money plus ideas and d new job here u can start something even if dem 4**k up, i belif u udastand mi Kanji ko!!!!
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by TheOne2(m): 10:27pm On May 25, 2007
@kenechi

I laff real hard at your post. No kain sha, when you reach UK come back come post your experience for this same nairaland
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by spoilt(f): 6:10am On May 26, 2007
frosbel:

I advice you to be careful. I am in a similar situation and I am a british citizen ( dual nationality ) earning a basic of £35,000 yearly but with a wife and 2 boys. That about £3000.00 monthly before tax which is quite a lot.

For a single man I will say get a job first, a firm offer and accept nothing less than 450,000 Naira monthly. But for someone like me , a minimum of 800,00 Naira or else nothing because do not forget that you will want to live comfortably back home in a secure environment without any hassle.

I know dozens of Nigerians, a consultant, professionals, entry level graduates, who are yearning to return home but at the right price.

God is able, just think carefully, before you go from frying pan to fire.

people live very well in naija with less than that . just so you know.
by the way even with your bumper salary in the u.k or u.s the bills keep pouring in. no escape! grin
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by dremoney(m): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2007
get an offer u like in Nigeria b4 moving pls(very solid offers around though).

wish u luck.
Re: Should I Leave My Good Job In The Uk For A Job In 9ja. by oludunamis(m): 11:53pm On Jun 05, 2007
@shia2000
am also in similar situation, currently on £34k here, but considering an offer with an oil coy in naija. chances are i will take the naija offer and see hw it will go, i can always get a job abroad shud i not like the job back home

good luck with ur decision

(1) (Reply)

7 Millionaire Habits You Should Adopt / Be Your Own Boss. Make Passive Income Weekly. Double Your Investment / 43 Front-end and Back-End ( Full Stack )Udemy Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.