Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State (751 Views)

Atiku Launches Education Programme For IDP Children In Yola (photos) / TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds / Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 03, 2010
[size=18pt]Oyinlola launches N4bn technical education programme [/size]

Osun State governor, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, on Monday, opened up a new vista for technical and vocational education in the state, as he inaugurated a programme under which the nine technical colleges in the state would pilot the nation's technological advancement.

The programme, for which Oyinlola said N4.1 billion was earmarked in the 2010 budget, would cover the upgrading of facilities in all the technical colleges, restructuring of syllabi and training of teachers.

The governor, in his address at the event in Osogbo, said the programme was in consonance with the vision of his administration on how to use education to complement its goal of boosting investment and industrialisation in the state.

According to him, for Nigeria to attain the required level of development, it must produce graduates who would be self-employed, adding that this could only be done through technical and vocational education.

He attributed the nation's stunted growth to the neglect of technical education for many years and resulted in youth unrest, unemployment and poverty.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/2/613.html
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by Nobody: 2:54am On Nov 03, 2010
Are our eyes beginning to open now? lipsrsealed

Goodluck o. But nawa @ the cost
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by koruji(m): 3:02am On Nov 03, 2010
@Ileke-Idi
I wish. No, I pray that the man is really serious, but he would be leaving in a few months.

I just hope he is not just setting aside money for his senatorial campaign.

BTW, you lied  grin grin grin

Ileke-IdI:

Are our eyes beginning to open now? lipsrsealed
Goodluck o. But nawa @ the cost
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 03, 2010
koruji:

@Ileke-Idi
I wish. No, I pray that the man is really serious, but he would be leaving in a few months.

I just hope he is not just setting aside money for his senatorial campaign.

BTW, you lied  grin grin grin

ROTFL That's what I was thinking too.
But I always try to be optimistic with stuff like this. But oh well.

Lol what did I lie about?
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by koruji(m): 3:14am On Nov 03, 2010
Yes, I am optimistic, but the man has not done much - spent his entire 4 years fighting to have his mandate validated.

On the mystery of the lie - remember when you said "you thought wrong". Well, I just saw tantalizing proof grin grin grin

Ileke-IdI:

ROTFL That's what I was thinking too.
But I always try to be optimistic with stuff like this. But oh well.
Lol what did I lie about?
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by mensdept: 3:15am On Nov 03, 2010
Would have been a good idea if security, good roads and infrastructure, along with sanity among professors, those who pay their salary, and student attitudes in general, would have been better than how they all are today
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 03, 2010
mens dept:

Would have been a good idea if security, good roads and infrastructure, along with sanity among professors, those who pay their salary, and student attitudes in general, would have been better than how they all are today
*DEATH*

LOL!

koruji:

Yes, I am optimistic, but the man has not done much - spent his entire 4 years fighting to have his mandate validated.

On the mystery of the lie - remember when you said "you thought wrong". Well, I just saw tantalizing proof grin grin grin

Oh oga o, same thing Fayemi was doing? Dont really read much into Osun state. undecided

ahaha, still thinking wrong dear. but ko si wahala lol
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by koruji(m): 3:20am On Nov 03, 2010
Don't tell Oyinlola about good roads and infrastructure. In addition, the money was set aside in the 2010 budget, but the man is just launching the program in November!

mens dept:

Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by koruji(m): 3:24am On Nov 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ahaha, still thinking wrong dear. but ko si wahala lol
Ok - if that is what you call "thinking wrong" I guess I'll just have to refuse to "think right" smiley
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 03, 2010
koruji:

Ok - if that is what you call "thinking wrong" I guess I'll just have to refuse to "think right" smiley

ahaha lol.
Re: Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State by bawomolo(m): 4:37am On Nov 03, 2010
election time i see

(1) (Reply)

Igbos And Yoruba Wake Up / Pst. Adeboye For President--2011 Election / Ibori Looses Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.