Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North (4515 Views)

Man Arrested For Impersonating Adamu Sule, Buhari’s Adviser / Dr. Ime Umanah Dies Mysteriously / SSS Parades Boko-Haram Suspects Including A University Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Abagworo(m): 1:03am On Nov 04, 2010
Thursday, November 04, 2010

•Gov Akpabio
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The former chairman of Newswatch Communications Ltd, Chief Ime Umanah has been paraded by the State Security Services (SSS) in Akwa Ibom State for allegedly sponsoring threat text messages against Governor Godswill Akpabio.

Umanah, a former governorship aspirant, was paraded alongside his crony, Ikemesit Iyire, a 30-year-old graduate of physics from the University of Port Harcourt, who the politicians sponsored to buy new SIM cards and send the threat text message to Akpabio.

The politician, who actually admitted sponsoring his boy to send the threat text message to Akpabio said he wanted to alarm the governor to change his campaign style which he claimed was pitching Akwa Ibom people against the North because of Akapbio’s brazen support for President Goodluck Jonathan.

The unedited threat text as read by the state Director of SSS, Mr E. C. Minti runs thus: “We would have welcome you governor Akpabio with the blood of one of your family from the trip but we will take our time and stab you where it will hurt you most.

“Our intelligence has confirmed you have just bribed Nwodo, PDP national chairman to manipulate elections in your state and frustrate northern aspirants. We know you as Jonathan’s chief financier. Your speech at his declaration and subsequent utterances is a confirmation of how well you hate the North. I hereby on behalf of the North and Boko Haram declare our hatred for you and your household. Prepare your squad of kidnappers, you will soon hear from us.

“Is it a coincidence that the love ones of your political opponents are abducted and tortured, how will you feel if your wife suffers the same ordeal captain’s wife is facing, the sexual humiliation the boys are putting her through just because he wants to contest against you. The wrath of Allah will not spare you when we strike, you infidel. You sold Ibori out, the North will ensure you face the same ordeal.”

The second text sent by the same Iyire on instruction and sponsorship of Ime Umanah also read: ‘You are not even ashamed your people are suffering in the midst of plenty .we are closer than you know. Soon you will also cry. Idiot, may Allah punish you.”

Umanah said he did not mean to terrorise Akpabio but only to accommodate other presidential aspirants as Akpabio had allegedly said that no other aspirant other than Jonathan would be welcome in Akwa Ibom.
He said he had earlier confronted Akpabio with that fact but that the governor did not listen to him, even as he admitted that he was with the governor last week in Abuja and that the governor on his return from foreign trip recently, bought him two new shirts.

The boy, Iyire who happens to come from the same village with Akpabio, said Umanah never promised him anything to send the terror text but that the politician had been acting as his surrogate father since his father died. He claimed that the businessman politician had promised him N10 million in their previous deals.

The SSS also paraded some people who claimed to have taken part in the kidnap of the wife of Capt. Sam Ewang and the headmistress of Mobil Pegasus Secondary School, Eket where two policemen were killed.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/nov/04/national-04-11-2010-020.htm
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by edoyad(m): 1:13am On Nov 04, 2010
Don't know if the story is funny or sad.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by naijaking1: 2:09am On Nov 04, 2010
------30 year old boy

At what age do Nigerians become adults, like ---man cool
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Ndipe(m): 2:10am On Nov 04, 2010
Ime Umanah? Na wao for that guy, that's the same person who fought tooth and nail against Idongesit Nkanga and lost. He hasnt learnt a lesson, thought he would have laid low and campaigned for his tribesman. Wetin that man want sef?
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by IbrahimB: 2:30am On Nov 04, 2010
naijaking1:

------30 year old boy

Maybe the reporter is a 70 year old! grin
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by EkpoMkpa(m): 3:44am On Nov 04, 2010
Governor Akpabio Doing What He Knows Best, Chief Imeh Umanah we are praying for you.Please Read Carefully And Note That In Akwa Ibom Criminals Dont Go To Jail But The Innocent Do!

Imeh Umanah Arrested and in Detention on the Orders of Governor Akpabio

Sources have confirmed that a prominent son of Akwa Ibom State of Abak extraction, Chief Imeh Umanah, has been arrested and is still in detention on the orders of Governor Godswill Obot Akpabio. This morning Tuesday, November 2, 2010) he appeared before a Magistrate in Uyo charged, among other things, with treason and conspiring with opposition to kill Governor Akpabio. I have been working on this story since 5 a.m. today (November 2, 2010) when I received a telephone call from Uyo regarding the arrest. I have spoken with several people, including a family member of Imeh Umanah, in Abuja, Uyo, and Abak. The following are what I have been able to put together for this story.

Sources said when Chief Imeh Umanah and Governor Akpabio met last week in Abuja, the chief advised Akpabio to refrain from making undemocratic statements in public. For example, people say Chief Imeh Umanah strongly condemned the statement Akpabio made to the media that no opponents will be tolerated in Akwa Ibom State. Other sources have confirmed that for several weeks up until last weekend, Chief Imeh Umanah has been working hard to persuade Governor Akpabio to mend fences with former Senator Akpan Udoedehe for a better campaign that will not end up in bloodshed. Other sources say when the two met in Abuja, an argument ensued regarding a ware-house business, which involved several billions of naira.

After the meeting, Akpabio contacted the SSS in Akwa Ibom State and filed a complaint, which stated that Chief Imeh Umanah has threatened to kill him. The SSS invited the chief for a meeting in Uyo to answer some allegations filed against him by a source, which the SSS refused to disclose to the chief. Confident that he never threatened to kill anyone, on Monday (November 1, 2010), Chief Imeh Umanah boarded a plane in Lagos to Uyo and arrived at 3 p.m. He never bothered to tell anyone that he was in Akwa Ibom State because he intended to return to Lagos the same day. When he got to the SSS office in Uyo, he was put under arrest, stripped of his cellular telephone and other personal items, and detained. Then someone used his telephone to dial governor Akpabio’s number, a threatening text message was sent that Akpabio will be killed.

Today (Tuesday, November 2, 2010), Chief Imeh Umanah was taken to a magistrate court in Uyo. As he waited for his case number to be called, Chief Imeh Umanah managed to whisper to a sympathetic person, who happened to be in the courtroom at the time, and begged the person to tell a family member (name withheld) where he is. The family member immediately rushed to the courthouse. On seeing the condition of Imeh Umanah in shackles and in hand-cuffs, he quickly assembled a team of five lawyers, who were in the court for other matters, to represent the chief. Interestingly, the SSS lawyers and Akpabio’s people did not know that a team of lawyers has been hired to represent the chief.

When Chief Umanah’s case was read, they were surprised to see five lawyers rose up and identified themselves as representing Imeh Umanah. Akpabio’s people and the SSS were stunned. A source said they were stunned because the SSS wanted to use a legal procedure known as “holding charge.” Under this procedure, a suspect, or a defendant, can be detained in custody for a long time or even indefinitely. When Imeh Umanah’s lawyers insisted that the sitting Magistrate must ask for evidence to support the “hold charge” procedure, the SSS and Akpabio’s people had none. The Magistrate is said to have thrown the case out of his court for insufficient evidence.

Sources said Imeh Umanah was then taken back by SSS and placed in detention, where he is now. But, tomorrow (November 3, 2010), according to a very highly placed source, he is scheduled to appear in a High Court in Uyo charged with treason and conspiracy with opposition to kill Governor Akpabio.

I am staying in touch with my sources in Akwa Ibom and I promise to keep you informed of what transpired in the High Court.

Written by

Thompson Essien

The Voice of the Poor Masses

Defender of the Oppressed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Arrest of Chief Ime Umana: Latest!

This morning I called my contacts in Uyo to find out what transpired in the High Court, where Chief Ime Umana was scheduled to appear today. I was told that he was not taken to court, after all. Here is why.

Sources said after I broke the story yesterday, Akpabio’s people were very angry that someone had leaked the information. So, the Ministry of Justice, after consulting with Governor Akpabio, decided to drop all the charges against Ime Umana. Later in the afternoon (of yesterday), officials from the office of Attorney General took some papers to the SSS building, where the chief is still being detained, and told him to sign the papers for his release. The Chief refused to even look at the papers, let alone sign the document.

In the evening (of yesterday), after he was informed that the Chief has refused to sign the papers, Akpabio visited him at where he (Ime Umana) is being detained. At the meeting, sources have confirmed that Governor Akpabio apologized to Ime Umana and told him that he has instructed the SSS officials to affect his release. This is what I am told the chief said to Governor Akpabio;

“Governor, I am not going anywhere from here, except to court. I have raised all my children, so I am not in a hurry to rush home. You ordered my arrest; therefore, it is now your burden to explain to me, to my family, to Abak people, to Akwa Ibom people, and to all Nigerians why you ordered my arrest. But, I don’t want your explanation to be a matter of just you and me; the whole world has to hear it too. You have soiled my name by saying that I threatened to kill you. All I did was give you and advice as a father would give a son. If you were my biological son, I would have told you the same thing.”

“Right now, all I want is for my case to go to court because I want my story to escalate. I don’t want money from you and I have never asked you for money. You may be angry with me because I have not been able to attend to any of your State-sponsored functions and other events. But is that a good enough reason for you to soil my name by setting me up for arrest with allegations of making threats to your life? Even if I have to stay here the rest of my life I will. If you want to remove me from here by force, I am ready. If you want my cooperation, then charge me to court where my name will be cleared so that tomorrow, you don’t go around lying to the people why I was detained.”

“And let me repeat here what I told you before, your intimidation tactics to those you perceived as opposition is not working. Do not be deceived that going around arresting those you think are not your supporters is the way to govern a State. It is undemocratic and it is counter-productive. You arrested Ononokpono, you arrested Akpan Udoedehe, and now I am here, in detention. The question is, what have you achieved by ordering all these arrests? And you say you want a second-term? Have you ever paused to find out how the people you govern react to all these arrests? If you did not know, let me tell you; due to all these arrests, you have lost the people and chances are that, unless by some divine intervention, you have already lost the election. And if you think the remedy for you to gain back the trust of the people is to arrest me, then you have miscalculated. I am not going anywhere, except to court. If you have any evidence against me, bring it to the court of law. If you want to apologize to me, come and do it in the court room. If you want to kill me, you might as well do that now because I am not going to remain silent over this matter.”

Sources said after speaking to Akpabio, the Chief left him and returned to his room in the detention center. Now Akpabio does not know what to do. I will continue to keep you informed of future development. For now, believe me, Chief Ime Umana is still in detention.

Written by

Thompson Essien

The Voice of the Poor Masses

Defender of the Oppressed

Social Critic

A native of Ibibio nation of Ubium Republic extraction, now living in the safe and beautiful city of Portland, Oregon, where no AKPF, ADUMA, ADV, and Akwa Ibom State politicians can reach.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by hakanai(m): 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2010
North don suffer.Everything na North! angry undecided
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Hadone(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2010
naijaking1:

------30 year old boy

[size=18pt]When they didnt commit an offence, they are adults even at 10yrs. But when they are to face any trail, they are called boys/kids even @60 [/size] grin grin grin
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Sagamite(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2010
Clamp the retard's, Umanah, arse in jail for 10 years.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by bestman09(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2010
Ndipe:

Ime Umanah? Na wao for that guy, that's the same person who fought tooth and nail against Idongesit Nkanga and lost. He hasnt learnt a lesson, thought he would have laid low and campaigned for his tribesman. Wetin that man want sef?
GOD will save us from the people that are trying to lead us. This man is supposed to be a governorship candidate
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by michbax(m): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2010
same old story
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by ITbomb(m): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2010
Sometime ago this same Akpabio was alleged to be against goodluck people shouted, now he is confirm to be for goodluck they are still complaining. what really do they want? how this take concern north
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2010
naijaking1:

------30 year old boy

He meant Errand boy irrespective of the age. not a kid as per say, am sure you know what they mean.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by floxyrangy: 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2010
Akwa Ibom ado ok. . . Oh Abasi mbok nyanga nyin
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by adook1: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
the truth is that akpabio is the most desperate governor and is only on the media ,he was pumping in money for ibb and in bid to cover up his tracks will do anything to appease his new found friendship with goodluck its well known ime umanah is an ibb man and he sent him an advice to be careful and what else get s locked up for media hype stories
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Nsiman(m): 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2010
This is a house divided by itself or an in-house fight
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by etimek: 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2010
I SINCERELY THANK GOD FOR THIS LITTLE BIT OF REVELATION FROM UMANA, IF THE STATEMENT OF HIS ARREST IS TRUE AT ALL. DID YOU READ WHERE HE SAID '' YOU CAN SEND YOUR SQUAD OF KIDNAPPERS'' ANY EDUCATED MAN, WILL UNDERSTAND THAT AKPABIO DOES INFACT USE STATE MONEY TO MANAGE HIS SQUAD OF KIDNAPPERS. HIS FRIEND SURELY KNOWS HIS SECRETS COMPLETELY. WHO CAN DENY THIS FACT
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Abagworo(m): 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2010
I think Nigeria needs to nullify informations exchanged on cellphone as evidence in law court.It is highly insufficient and can easily be manipulated.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Imeobong(m): 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ Moderator (aisha2, Jarus)

This man's name is Ime Umanah, not Ume Umanah. He's Akwaibomite, not Igbo. I've never seen an Akwa Ibom man with such name. Please make the correction. Cheers!!!
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by bestman09(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
etimek:

I SINCERELY THANK GOD FOR THIS LITTLE BIT OF REVELATION FROM UMANA, IF THE STATEMENT OF HIS ARREST IS TRUE AT ALL. DID YOU READ WHERE HE SAID '' YOU CAN SEND YOUR SQUAD OF KIDNAPPERS'' ANY EDUCATED MAN, WILL UNDERSTAND THAT AKPABIO DOES INFACT USE STATE MONEY TO MANAGE HIS SQUAD OF KIDNAPPERS. HIS FRIEND SURELY KNOWS HIS SECRETS COMPLETELY. WHO CAN DENY THIS FACT

Pls call a spade a spade!! This umana that you are seriously defending is a complete JUDAS IS CARIOT period. He will dine with the governor and go at his back to betray him. He hasnt denied knowing the accused or associating with him so we should allow the law to take its course.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Nsiman(m): 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ bestman09, pls read the all comments before posting, not silly post
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Nsiman(m): 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ bestman09, pls read the all comments before posting, not silly post
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by ITbomb(m): 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2010
And wtf is wrong with bestman post
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Nsiman(m): 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ itbomb, bestman said umanah is a judas, so at ekpomkpa's post he mentioned that akpabio wanted to drop the charges against umanah after knowing that everything is made public. My question is, if umanah was a judas will akpabio want to drop the charges against umanah?
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Nsiman(m): 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ itbomb, bestman said umanah is a judas, so at ekpomkpa's post he mentioned that akpabio wanted to drop the charges against umanah after knowing that everything is made public. My question is, if umanah was a judas will akpabio want to drop the charges against umanah?
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Nsiman(m): 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2010
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by martiniflo: 1:54am On Nov 06, 2010
Too bad,there is nothing our ears will not hear these days,i never knew ime Umanah is now a northern Boko haram member.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by ITbomb(m): 2:11am On Nov 06, 2010
@nsima. As at yesterday 5th, the said umanah was shown on tv acknowledging that he sent that his boy to send the text but that he didnt know the content of the text. There is no report of the governor dropping charges
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Nsiman(m): 6:26am On Nov 06, 2010
@ itbomb, just read ekpomkpa's detaiked submission on this thread.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by ITbomb(m): 8:27am On Nov 06, 2010
And why should i believe his submission here when i have seen the accused live on tv confirming all the alleged charges. And he look totally subdued and confused
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Nsiman(m): 9:36am On Nov 06, 2010
Umana has not denied sponsoring the iyire. I beleive ekpomkpa because he is a journalist and features columns on news paper which is indebt analysis of a story. But i don't know ekpomkpa face to face.
Re: Sss Parades Ume Umanah For Impersonating North by Sagamite(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2010
etimek:

This is similar to the retarded process Nigerian police have when investgated.

Facts are basically moronic assumptions.

(1) (Reply)

Horrible light Situation / Obasanjo Acolytes Plan Two-day Birthday Celebration - Sahara Reporters / What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.