Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,344 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! (27212 Views)

Sarakius And The Fate Of Sodom By Pius Adesanmi / Sodom And Gomerica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by wales(m): 6:31am On Nov 04, 2010
History has a way of making its heroes, be it positive or negative and life without event holds no history. This is the case of the ‘Woman Boku’ community in Kubwa, a suburb of the Federal Capital Territory, which has the highest concentration of ladies of easy virtue at night.

Succinctly put, ‘Woman Boku’ means that women are plenty and easily available at little or no cost at all.

Perhaps, what makes the area unique is its deceptive mien. During the day, a stranger will find no trace of a brothel in the area. But at night, it becomes a red-light district.

A small community which is a few minutes‘ walk from the market and the National Youth Service Corps Permanent Orientation Camp, Woman Boku boasts a good number of ‘drinking joints‘ and local brothels.

The history of Woman Boku dates back to 1980s/90s when the Federal Capital Territory was moved from Lagos to Abuja. It was said that during that time, Abuja was a safe haven for characters of different shades who desired to eke out a living. However, as a result of the strict stance of the then military government, many of the women of easy virtues sought refuge in communities such as Women Boku within Abuja.

The high patronage of brothels in ‘Woman Boku’ has transcended bounds of decency. Despite the special task force set up by the administration of the Federal Capital Territory Development Authority to get them off the community they have continued ply their trade there.

Globally, there is no society that supports prostitution, despite the economic values attached to it. From highly liberal societies to the highly religious and conservative African families, asewo, as prostitution is popularly known in Nigeria, is never a profession to be openly proud of.

A Nigerian-based in Houston, Texas in the United States, Mrs. Stacey Ajaja, said the game had been exacerbated by corrupt government officials. She said, “I am not too familiar with the situation of prostitution in Abuja, but I have always had a strong disapproval for prostitution, especially at home in Nigeria. Women are greatly exploited by top officials and have lost all values for them. The young women do this in order to survive.”

According to her, economic sanctions foisted on them by government had aggravated matter.

Mrs. Ajaja a registered Nurse, said, “I think there is need for support system for women, workshops to educate women on self-esteem, love for themselves as individuals, how to be industrious so they will not have to resort to selling their bodies for money, as well as sex education on the rising percentage of sexually transmitted diseases, especially HIV which is at an all time high in Nigeria. They need to know the risks involved in the lifestyle of prostitution to which they are subjecting themselves.”

A recent night outing in Leisure Palace Hotel, one of the special joints in Woman Boku, reveals a serious drama with comic realities. Many of the girls who are within the age range of 23 and 30 bear names such as Jennifer, Peace, Agnes, Scholastica and others.

A staff of the hotel, who simply identified himself as Ken, said many of the women opted for these names to shield their identities. He recalled how a young man from Onitsha almost committed incest with his sister who was supposed to be schooling at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, in the hotel. With the red lights, he could not identify his sister. She was not even supposed to be there. After agreeing on N500 per round of sex, it dawned on him that the woman was his sister who claimed to be in school. That night, she relocated to another destination.

Investigations by our correspondent reveal that many of the girls in Woman Boku are undergraduates from tertiary institutions across the Niger. Observers attribute it to the closure of the schools in the South-East due to the strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

But how much do these girls make from this ‘business’? Chika Nwokorie, a native of Mbaise in Imo State says, ‘Market’ is usually high during weekends. “I make an average of N50,000 daily; I am so blessed to have a member of the National Assembly who is too generous. The man takes good care of me and that is why I am not going to let him go freely.”

It was also learnt that some big boys can drop huge sums of money without bargaining. Our correspondent observed that some of the girls have serious relationships which they hope will blossom into marriage. But Chika said the idea of boyfriend had long been jettisoned because of a “nasty” experience in the past. She was optimistic that, “one day, a man would get married to me, no matter my dirty past. If he loves me, he would say Yes, I do.”

Interestingly, a large number of adolescents are said to be making a living from commercial sex trade in Woman Boku. Yet many stakeholders are not bothered by the effects it might have on their children. For instance, the community hosts the prestigious LEA Primary School. The causes of adolescent prostitution in Nigeria are largely attributed, but not limited, to economic factors.

Mr. Obiora Madu had thought that with the array of churches in Kubwa, young ladies would retrace their steps but it seemed not to have any effect.

While a lot of people advocate tightening the laws against prostitution, others believe that the government still has a lot to do.

But the hue and cry against prostitution has been on the rise in recent times. For instance, women living in Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja had, in a desperate move to have their husbands back home and save their marriages, petitioned the FCT Minister, Senator Bala Mohammed, to rescue their marriage from the threat of commercial sex workers in the estate.

The women complained that since the clampdown order by the FCTA on commercial sex workers, many of them had relocated to the estate.

Spokesperson of the women, Mrs. Sarah Manu, said the estate which used to be quiet and decent before the FCT Joint Task Force started war against commercial sex workers in the FCT had become a place of refuge for the love-peddlers.

She bemoaned a situation where the ladies litter the streets as early as sunset saying it was not good for their children, particularly the girl child.

Manu said, “It is common these days when we quarrel with our husbands over minor issues to see of them (husbands) pick up their car keys and drive out of the house only to come back the next day. While we are not supporting women to quarrel with their husbands, we must put it on record that the activities of these ladies constitute huge temptation to our husbands and thus threatening our homes.”

Also, the timely intervention of the task force on prostitution in the FCT recently saved the life of a commercial sex worker from the hands of a suspected ritualist.

The victim, who gave her name as Aisha Isah, claimed she was earlier despoiled by her attacker who later attempted to cut her up with a knife but was saved by the intervention of men of the task force who overpowered and arrested the man.

The victim who was said to have wept uncontrollably with blood flowing from underneath her skirt had some deep knife cuts all over her body.

While addressing the love-peddler, the FCT Secretary for Social Development and member of the Task Force, Mrs. Blessing Onu, who was represented by the Deputy Director, Social Welfare, Mrs. Folashade Ayileka, warned the girls to quit the job and also advised them to learn from the lady who was almost killed by a ritualist.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011040121882
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by wales(m): 6:31am On Nov 04, 2010
Nigeria girls are so cheap and greed, a Nigeria female student ready to make love with a Dog to buy a car.I base in portharcout .Under Rumonla bridg we see all this Niger Repulblic girls ,begging you cann’t even touch there breast or agree to make love with you,despaite your money. we should not blame the Economy of the country or leader.

1 Like

Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 04, 2010
wales:

Nigeria girls are so cheap and greed, a Nigeria female student ready to make love with a Dog to buy a car.I base in portharcout .Under Rumonla bridg we see all this Niger Repulblic girls ,begging you cann’t even touch there bosom or agree to make love with you,despaite your money. we should not blame the Economy of the country or leader.

The least you could have done is improve on your English skills before insulting your betters.

Anywaz, "your" Nigerian ladies are the product of their economy.

SOME Nigerian men [esp those of them that complain about "cheap" Nigerian women]  are now so gullible and stu pid enough to offer all their worth to girls because of what is under their skirt. So much mumus lying around calling themselves "man" rotfl!

1 Like

Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by slap1(m): 7:29am On Nov 04, 2010
wales:

.I base in portharcout .
Your location says Abuja.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by chosen04(f): 8:31am On Nov 04, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

The least you could have done is improve on your English skills before insulting your betters.

GBAM . . . . . . .

The guys needs brush up Englishically . . . . . . . .Very appalling
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Anywaz, "your" Nigerian ladies are the product of their economy.

SOME Nigerian men [esp[b] those of them that [/b] complain about "cheap" Nigerian women] are now so gullible and stu pid enough to offer all their worth to girls because of what is under their skirt. So[b] much[/b] mumus lying around calling themselves "man" rotfl!

See who is talking undecided
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by chiozor: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2010
English or Yoruba, at least we understand what he meant, what is the justification for women opening their legs wide for every man for payment again eleke mgbeke will blame the man for asking undecided but if women are generous to give whoever beg, why are they not giving it to the mad man on the street or are those not men or not begged for it women is responsible for high immorality in our society. no thanks to the feminist ideology. we are watching embarassed
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by ITbomb(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2010
Someone open an STDs Distribution Centre and people are patronising them and we are here throwing blames n attacking Englishians. It is not poverty, its lack of morals
WTF
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by T9ksy(m): 11:10am On Nov 04, 2010
I believe this is a simple case of Demand and Supply. If there is no Demand for a commodity, no one is his/her right mind will bother to supply the product.

If our so-called big-men are not so morally bankrupt and hence chasing everything in skirts with the attendant promise of financial remuneration, I doubt if these ladies will be opening their legs "wide open" for them.

Afterall, the women are not doing it for fun. If the men are willing to drop generous "offerings" just to sample their wares then the women are equally prepared to accommodate their sexual fantasies.

Its another manifestation of the moral decay our society is passing thru, consequence of an inept and myopic leadership.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by chiozor: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
the ware belongs to the woman.she can say yes or no to money.so why would a mad man on the street offer her 50,000 and she thinks twice. why then the choice because every demand greese to his di.ck. that means any man that demands for f.u.ck get its instantly.
who said they are not doing it for fun, what are they doing it for, donot tell me it is for money because there are many things to do for money. angry

1 Like

Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Coolabbie: 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2010
I can only blame dis on d sad situation of our country.I hope mobo444 doesnt see dis cos it will giv him more ammunition to yab 'black nigerian women' as he calls it.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by T9ksy(m): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2010
@ Chioor,

I think we probably have different definations for the term "fun".

Its obvious from the reports that these "schoolgirls" were sleeping with their "sugardaddies" for financial gains and not because they were romantically involved with them.

According to Chika Nwokorie, a native of Mbaise in Imo State says,

‘Market’ is usually high during weekends. “I make an average of N50,000 daily; I am so blessed to have a member of the National Assembly who is too generous. The man takes good care of me and that is why I am not going to let him go freely.”

She did not say, she makes/has on average, 5 orgasms daily.

1 Like

Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by DapoBear(m): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
It is a very sad situation. But expected, since there are no jobs and no hope in the country. If I were a woman, and the only way to feed my family was through prostitution, I'd do it. As a man, if I have a family depending on me and cannot find any other way to provide for them, I'll steal/beg/do 419, heck even kill if necessary to take care of them.

It is what it is, we are all only human and do what we have to do to survive and take care of our loved ones. If rules and laws need to be broken in order to take care of my family, then so be it.

Makes no sense for those of us who are well off to be preaching from above acting like we wouldn't do the same exact thing were the situations reversed.

1 Like

Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by chiozor: 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2010
bullshit! there was a lady i knew that trained herself all through her university with sales of bread in the junction, some widows has sold pap to train up their children, i knoe some that sold crayfish to train me in the university, are these not women. do they not have cunt women of these days wants to belong, paint their hair, wear flashy dresses and being lazy, back for ground is the only thing they could do to get that sort of luxurious lifestyle angry wasting their life and draining all the oil of womanhood in them in their youth, to them afterall men need them, for a fee embarassed

1 Like

Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2010
T9ksy:

@ Chioor,

I think we probably have different definations for the term "fun".
Its obvious from the reports that these "schoolgirls" were sleeping with their "sugardaddies" for financial gains and not because they were romantically involved with them.
According to Chika Nwokorie, a native of Mbaise in Imo State says,

She did not say, she makes/has on average, 5 heavenly feelings daily.
Just stop generalising ignorantly. However you should not blindly rule out the possibility that most if not all these girls become harlots for the fun, games and high living associated with it.
Saying they are doing it because of poverty is hopelessly false and misleading as there are many girls that would prefer dying of hunger than to becoming whores. What happened to petty trade and other professions like tailoring and secretarial services.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by MaiSuya(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2010
But the hue and cry against prostitution has been on the rise in recent times. For instance, women living in Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja had, in a desperate move to have their husbands back home and save their marriages, petitioned the FCT Minister, Senator Bala Mohammed, to rescue their marriage from the threat of commercial sex workers in the estate.

I dont know why I find this hilarious. . . grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Mobinga: 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
wales:

Nigeria girls are so cheap and greed, a Nigeria female student ready to make love with a Dog to buy a car.I base in portharcout .Under Rumonla bridg we see all this Niger Repulblic girls ,begging you cann’t even touch there bosom or agree to make love with you,despaite your money. we should not blame the Economy of the country or leader.

Wow. Did you school in PH?? Definitely not. PH is known to have good schools
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2010
chiozor:

English or Yoruba, at least we understand what he meant, what is the justification for women opening their legs wide for every man for payment again eleke mgbeke will blame the man for asking undecided but if women are generous to give whoever beg, why are they not giving it to the mad man on the street or are those not men or not begged for it women is responsible for high immorality in our society. no thanks to the feminist ideology. we are watching embarassed
If I ever find out what eleke mgbeke means, I'd run you through with a knife lol.

Of course am not only blaming men. But they're the ones that gives money to this girls, no? They're the ones that buy sex with money, no? Okay then
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by chiozor: 9:20am On Nov 05, 2010
Mgbeke Girl grin
blame that solely to the women. the control measures to immorality lies on the woman. unless R.ape cases, women can put a stop and control these societal damages but will they greedy, fashion mind, laziness will not allow u people undecided if she say no, no matter the money offer, the man will pack his d.ick and move to his bathroom grin
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2010
chiozor:

Mgbeke Girl grin
blame that solely to the women. the control measures to immorality lies on the woman. unless R.ape cases, women can put a stop and control these societal damages but will they greedy, fashion mind, laziness will not allow u people undecided if she say no, no matter the money offer, the man will pack his manliness and move to his bathroom grin

So how are you any better than wale. Solely on the woman ko souleman no.

My friend, gerrout jor.

Blame it on the men and their lack of self-control to zip it up.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by bawomolo(m): 12:07am On Nov 06, 2010
why exactly is prostitution illegal? if a man/woman wants to pay for sex, let them do it.

all those women complaining about their marriages, should blame their husbands and not the pros.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by cold(m): 12:20am On Nov 06, 2010
bawomolo:

why exactly is prostitution illegal? if a man/woman wants to pay for sex, let them do it.

all those women complaining about their marriages, should blame their husbands and not the pros.
Gbam!Nuff said
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by OldBushman(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2012
In the old days when we had value for our culture the youth help their parents in their businesses. The youth were eager to prove that the education given them is not misplaced. These days the youth hardly want to follow their family business. They want to make it in a hurry. A student whether male or female won't think twice about any deal that can fetch them a ''good ride'' irrespective of the morality of the deal. To tell you the truth the bulk of our problems today are from greed and quest for values that are allien to our culture. No woman or man for that matter should excuse poverty for the abuse of her/his body. Dearth of employment is no excuse for prostitution or armed robbery. So you want to legalise prostitution? What about legalising armed robbery?
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by achi4u(m): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2012
All men have have tested prostitution in one way or another.

two types of ashi:
d one living in their parents houze and those staying in market.

girls u knw thy selves
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by noiseless: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2012
Morals or not it still doesn't justify the lack of real effort to create job opportunities by the system, atleast for those who would normally not taken to selling their bodies or doing other "crimes" just to stay alive while hoping and praying that things will get better, how and when? i don't know.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Afam4eva(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2012
I don't think prostitution should be blamed solely on poveerty because if that were the case, majority of prostitutes would have come from the northern part of the country and not the south. I think the moral decadence in the society should carry the blame because majority of these prostitutes were already morally bankrupt before they became what they are. It's only very few of them that went into it to escape from the hands of poverty.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Kobojunkie: 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2012
Like someone already said, this is simply an issue of demand and supply, and these women deserve to be taken better care of by their Government. If wives want someone to blame for their philandering, they should, I don't know, blame their husbands. Unless they want to law to castrate the men or something, women need to direct their frustration at those who make prostitution possible.

That being said, what has the Ministry of Women's Affairs done for women since it was created? I was looking at the various projects the ministry has budgetted for this year, and I could not help but wonder if the ministry is even serious about helping women.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by lukkie(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2012
IMO, prostitution can never be justified. It's simply GREED & MORAL DECADENCE in the society. As bad as the economy is, there are so many other ways of hustling and surviving. But these girls want to "hit" it without legal hard work.
And for people justifying it, imagine your baby daughter as a grown up, sleeping with 10 men in a day, for money. It may be hard to imagine cos some of you are still kids, but you'll understand someday.
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Jakumo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
Prostitution is the world's oldest profession, and it is unlikely to lose popularity in our lifetimes, SO, it just makes business sense to legalize, regulate and TAX prostitution as is done in Holland and Nevada, where the added benefit of putting the criminal element that victimizes and enslaves women out of business is consequently realized, in much the same way as legalizing, regulating and taxing the use of marijuana in Holland has also put most narco-criminals out of business there.

The Dutch are a far more evolved sub-species of the human race than are the denizens of most other countries worldwide. Hookers in Holland are only able to renew their business lisences if they REPEATEDLY test clean in frequent and regular HIV and STD screenings mandated by the government.

Let Nigeria go Dutch, Johnny B. Goode, since that poon-tang WILL be sold one way or another, and the world will turn.

1 Like

Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by ektbear: 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2012

A recent night outing in Leisure Palace Hotel, one of the special joints in Woman Boku, reveals a serious drama with comic realities. Many of the girls who are within the age range of 23 and 30 bear names such as Jennifer, Peace, Agnes, Scholastica and others.

A staff of the hotel, who simply identified himself as Ken, said many of the women opted for these names to shield their identities. He recalled how a young man from Onitsha almost committed Inbreeding with his sister who was supposed to be schooling at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, in the hotel. With the red lights, he could not identify his sister. She was not even supposed to be there. After agreeing on N500 per round of sex, it dawned on him that the woman was his sister who claimed to be in school. That night, she relocated to another destination.

grin grin grin
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 16, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry
Who in the world resurrected this old thread?
Re: Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2014

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Celebrate, Rap Battle And Dance With Lt. Gen Buratai(pics,vid) / Lauretta Onochie: "INEC Is Saved From A Serpent" - Shehu Sani / Outrage In Ekiti PDP Over Secret Oath-Taking By Fayose’s Loyalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.