Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,580 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note (1904 Views)

Wife Beating In Islam Allowed? / Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response / Wife-beating: "My Husband Said It's Okay, He Told Me The Koran Says It's Okay" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2010
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by Sweetnecta: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
@Frosbel; Thank you for the video. I was just talking to a friend in Riyahd in Saudi Arabia, who was sincere to tell me the following;

The arabs are not that religious. Infact the opposite is the case.

They love white skinned disbeliever over all type of believing muslims, especially those with brown skin.
And his example was a 37 arab woman who has not been married but will not marry this black man, rather will marry a white skin instead.

The said that the western country passport that he carries is the ticket for him to enter any place, not his islam. Until he shows his american passport, he is harassed usually taken to be sudanese, though he is a thoroughbred nigerian from Benin City, for real.

He said he observes many Nigerian women begging and prostituting in saudi arabian cities, including Makka. The whole issue shocked me, hence am not surprised that the "scholar" in the video said what he said. Though, he did not say that Muhammad actually beat any of his wives, or any of his sahabah did such a thing or if a woman was to report to him about her husband's mistreatment of her, he supported the husband or blame the wife.

That scholar is only a scholar in name and not in substance, since knowledge that is actualized incorrectly is no knowledge. If I were in a place I can throw shoes at him, I will without missing, aiming at all other places apart from his face, indeed his head because he may wake up to reality by it.

In my next post, I will post the verse and meaning of what he, deceitfully because of his "Arab" culture, instead of "Islamic" Culture viewed as Beating of Spouse/Wife. What am saying is that there is no truth to it, because a wife is a mate, to be chesished. What f the wife s stronger than the husband? Does he expect her to lay down and take it when she is a woman, a mother, a believer who should not be oppressed, a mate and partner?
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2010
SMH at thread
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by Sweetnecta: 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2010
The Qur'an does not endorse beating wife for insubordination. If the wife shows disloyalty and ill-conduct towards her husband, the recommended steps in sequence are - (1) verbal advice or admonition, (2) separating bed so as to suspend sexual relation, (3) have sexual intercourse (so as to win her over), and if that too fails to reconcile, then (4) a family council that is comprised of two arbiters, one from each family with the intention of setting things aright (4:34-35). [See, e.g., Al-Qur'an: a Contemporary Translation by Ahmed Ali, Princeton University Press, 1993] [Note also: The Arabic root word "daraba" being taken from the prosaic example "the stud-camel covered the she-camel." (Raghib, Al-Mufridat fi Gharib Al-Qur'an)].

These verses were revealed in relation to the wife of a Muslim who complained to the Prophet (S) that her husband had beaten her, and she wanted retaliation. If beating of wives were allowed in the Qur'an then it could not have prohibited it by saying, "If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do." (Qur'an, 4:128) See also the verse: "Do not retain them (i.e., your wives) to harm them, " (Qur'an, 2:231).

I am, however, aware of the fact that because of a misinterpretation with the Arabic word Adribu in the Qur'an (derived from the word 'Daraba' which has multiple meanings, depending on the context) some translators have mistakenly assumed that the third option means scourge, or light beating.

This discussion once again demonstrates that relying on a mistranslation in English or other languages rather than the classical Arabic of the Qur'an, in which the Islamic scripture was revealed, can distort the actual meanings intended for the verse. This problem is also quite acute with many old scriptures that are open to so many interpretations. Little knowledge on religion can actually be dangerous! (My own word: And only an evil scholar will say it is permissible to beat a mate, a wife, a mother. And only men of injustice practice such acts).
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2010
There are many things that needs to be changed
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2010
There are many things that needs to be changed
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by zubeyr(m): 2:20am On Nov 05, 2010
One  thing I hate about those saudis wahabi-salafi scholars  is their rigidity obscurantism  misunderstanding and radical views everything about them is backward As Muslims we need to take to task every Imam or  Khateeb who states or even suggests that the Koran and Hadith permit a man to beat his wife ask him if the Prophet PUH who embodied the Koran ever struck a living being ask that Imam if he would approve of the beating of his daughter mother or sister or if he is prepared to stand before God and the Prophet PUH with that assertion
In Islam spouses are meant to be our garments of honor and protection our allies and advocates not our slaves and enemies
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by deols(f): 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2010
Sweetnecta:

The Qur'an does not endorse beating wife for insubordination. If the wife shows disloyalty and ill-conduct towards her husband, the recommended steps in sequence are - (1) verbal advice or admonition, (2) separating bed so as to suspend sexual relation, (3) have sexual intercourse (so as to win her over), and if that too fails to reconcile, then (4) a family council that is comprised of two arbiters, one from each family with the intention of setting things aright (4:34-35). [See, e.g., Al-Qur'an: a Contemporary Translation by Ahmed Ali, Princeton University Press, 1993] [Note also: The Arabic root word "daraba" being taken from the prosaic example "the stud-camel covered the she-camel." (Raghib, Al-Mufridat fi Gharib Al-Qur'an)].

These verses were revealed in relation to the wife of a Muslim who complained to the Prophet (S) that her husband had beaten her, and she wanted retaliation. If beating of wives were allowed in the Qur'an then it could not have prohibited it by saying, "If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do." (Qur'an, 4:128) See also the verse: "Do not retain them (i.e., your wives) to harm them, " (Qur'an, 2:231).

I am, however, aware of the fact that because of a misinterpretation with the Arabic word Adribu in the Qur'an (derived from the word 'Daraba' which has multiple meanings, depending on the context) some translators have mistakenly assumed that the third option means scourge, or light beating.

This discussion once again demonstrates that relying on a mistranslation in English or other languages rather than the classical Arabic of the Qur'an, in which the Islamic scripture was revealed, can distort the actual meanings intended for the verse. This problem is also quite acute with many old scriptures that are open to so many interpretations. Little knowledge on religion can actually be dangerous! (My own word: And only an evil scholar will say it is permissible to beat a mate, a wife, a mother. And only men of injustice practice such acts).
Thanks for this. I pray Allah increases your knowledge.
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by bashydemy(m): 12:39am On Dec 05, 2011
^^ those guys that i have known. they will come back with another lies and Manipulation
Re: Wife Beating Rules - Muslims Take Note by aloyemeka1: 1:47am On Dec 05, 2011
Na waah for these muslimis o.

(1) (Reply)

Barka De Sallah To Everyone / Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered / Please Don't Go Away.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.