Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. (6642 Views)

How Do Nigerians Treats Their Women? / Kenyans Rent Out Their Wives To Tourists Because Of Hard Times / Questions For The Matured. Pls Be Sincere. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by donvicke: 5:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hello all,

Which tribe do u think treats their wives better? Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa etc?

Pls respond, stating your reasons. Also state the tribe you are from.

Thanks for your honesty.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by hisgrace090: 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2019
The Igbo man leads who hardly adds second wife, care and provide for the wife as if his life depend on it and also cares for the children believing they'll make him proud tomorrow.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by MiVida(m): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2019
Ibos.

Because they don't joke with family.

9 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2019
MiVida:
Ibo.

Because they don't joke with family.
Igbo's that buy wives abi.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
I will say Hausa, coz the ones I have seen treat their wives excellently.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Walewestt(m): 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
I'm a yoruba dude... but on this and all family matters I'll pick the igbos..
They are great at good meals, from their traditional marriage, you know they cant cheat or make you calim someone else's child and they generally support other igbos.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by MiVida(m): 5:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
Remimadrid:

I'm not here for this bro, just my opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by doitforyou(f): 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
Yoruba - the culture that treats their women less like properties.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nbote(m): 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
Remimadrid:

Dats y dey don't joke with her.. She and his children are his investment, apart from his business

6 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by ZiriMane(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
I know the Igbo man treat his kids better than his wife sef but I know the Igbo tribe treats their wives better than others

10 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by 24kmagic: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nbote:

Dats y dey don't joke with her.. She and his children are his investment, apart from his business
In your fish brain, that is good. Chai.
Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
Igbo men are the best.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
Which tribe treats a wife better is just a myth..

A man who knows his priority will definitely treat his wife well. It all boils down to love and self discipline.
I have seen a Yoruba man treating his wife well, also seen an Urobo man do same. Have seen an idoma man do same, seen an igbo man do same. Have seen practically all tribe do same, since I travel alot.
And trust me I have seen some who treats their women badly.. From stats igbo have the highest most especially if she isn't from his tribe.

Have you ever wondered why Hausa women arent allowed to work or trade unlike their counterparts.It's the sole responsibilty of the husband to provide all her needs.If that isnt the highest form of caring what next?They are allowed to adore themselves,sleep and entertain visitors.

19 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by liberalchick(f): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2019
It’s not a myth. There are some cultures that treat women better than others. The question was “which tribe treats a wife better?”

lol @ bolded.

stinflame:
Which tribe treats a wife better is just a myth..

A man who knows his priority will definitely treat his wife well. It all boils down to love and self discipline.
I have seen a Yoruba man treating his wife well, also seen an Urobo man do same. Have seen an idoma man do same, seen an igbo man do same. Have seen practically all tribe do same, since I travel alot.
And trust me I have seen some who treats their women badly.. From stats igbo have the highest most especially if she isn't from his tribe.

Have you ever wondered why Hausa women arent allowed to work or trade unlike their counterparts.It's the sole responsibilty of the husband to provide all her needs.If that isnt the highest form of caring what next?

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Fashdeejay(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
I would say this as a man, how a man treats a woman is never by tribe, you have igbo men that treat their women like goddesses and we have others who treat their women worse than slaves, we have yoruba men who worship d ground their wives walk on, and others who wouldn't bath an eyelid if their wives get hit by a car... we have hausa men who love their wives so much, while some will sell their wives to pay the dowry for a new wife... it is not by tribe, how you are brought up and how u have chosen to train your self is what really determines how u treat the woman who gives you joy... also remembering that it is a two way street, in certain circumstances, certain actions cause unexpected reactions...

14 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
liberalchick:
It’s not a myth. There are some cultures that treat women better than others. The question was “which tribe treats a wife better?”

It is a myth as I said Earlier.You can wrap your head around it if you choice to believe otherwise.
Just don't pray to be caught up with a bad individual.

5 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by liberalchick(f): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
Yes this will be true if Nigerian marriages are based on the individual, we know this is not true. A Nigerian wife marries the husband, the family and all the culture that come with his tribe. How successful are Nigerian men at protecting their wives from the aforementioned?

Only some are brave enough to go against the grain. I have also seen men of varying tribes treat their wives good or bad.

Fashdeejay:
I would say this as a man, how a man treats a woman is never by tribe, you have igbo men that treat their women like goddesses and we have others who treat their women worse than slaves, we have yoruba men who worship d ground their wives walk on, and others who wouldn't bath an eyelid if their wives get hit by a car... we have hausa men who love their wives so much, while some will sell their wives to pay the dowry for a new wife... it is not by tribe, how you are brought up and how u have chosen to train your self is what really determines how u treat the woman who gives you joy... also remembering that it is a two way street, in certain circumstances, certain actions cause unexpected reactions...

11 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nbote(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
MissGhosted:
In your fish brain, that is good. Chai.

Have U ever heard of sarcasm?

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nbote:

Have U ever heard of sarcasm?
Leave me tilapia fish abi its catfish?
Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by WorWorBoy: 6:38pm On Oct 04, 2019
donvicke:
Hello all,

Which tribe do u think treats their wives better? Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa etc?

Pls respond, stating your reasons. Also state the tribe you are from.

Thanks for your honesty.

Cc lalasticlala
No tribe treat their wives better or worst, it all boils down to individual. undecided

11 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by KingOdart(m): 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
When will you people stop all these stupid generalization and stereotypes?

People can be good or bad base on their personality not because of the tribe they belong to

This is one of the reason it is difficult for Nigeria to move forward

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by KingOdart(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
Walewestt:
I'm a yoruba dude... but on this and all family matters I'll pick the igbos..
They are great at good meals, from their traditional marriage, you know they cant cheat or make you calim someone else's child and they generally support other igbos.

This statement here reduces IQ

There is nothing wrong in picking Igbo but your reason is not sensible

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by yemiphantastic: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
yes in a perfect world, it should be based on how a man treats his wife but this na Naija, you can't help but consider the cultural practices of his tribe. In some tribes women don't inherit properties because they believe they will be someone's properties. We hear of how Ibos treat their widows. Abeg I will advise any girl to only marry from such tribes if they have a very strong and independent man that can withstand and protect her from the "that's how its done, it's our culture" gang.

KingOdart:
When will you people stop all these stupid generalization and stereotypes?

People can be good or bad base on their personality not because of the tribe they belong to

This is one of the reason it is difficult for Nigeria to move forward

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Fashdeejay(m): 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
liberalchick:
Yes this will be true if Nigerian marriages are based on the individual, we know this is not true. A Nigerian wife marries the husband, the family and all the culture that come with his tribe. How successful are Nigerian men at protecting their wives from the aforementioned?

Only some are brave enough to go against the grain. I have also seen men of varying tribes treat their wives good or bad.

Only a weak man would let the dictation of tribe determine the way he runs his home.... my wife isnt married to my people... because she has become my flesh and my bone, anyone else is secondary... so anyone who talks or acts I'll toward my wife does so toward me...

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by mu2sa2: 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
WorWorBoy:
No tribe treat their wives better or worst, it all boils down to individuals. undecided
Exactly
Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by chigoizie7(m): 12:59am On Oct 05, 2019
Why do people like being economical with the truth?

We all know the truth.

This is just like asking , which tribe or group of people has the richest food in naija. That doesn’t mean that other tribes does not know how to cook good food or something like that.

Also asking, which tribe or group of people has the most promiscuous wives, it doesn’t mean that all tribes that have promiscuous wives.

When you also ask, which tribe has a higher rate or early girl marriages, it doesn’t mean that all tribes in Nigeria do not.

In cases like this, we know a custom of particular people based on what the majority are known for.

Igbo people prides marriages so much that even when you are growing up as a young man or woman, you have it at the back of your mind that marriage is sacred, ow this doesn’t in anyway mean that some igbos do not default on this .

Like someone said up there that yorubas treats their wives more as prostitutes, that doesn’t make all yourba men like that, but we know what majority of them do.

Now when you want to pick a man to marry, and you are looking for a man who treats the wife better. Will you go to a place where there are more men tearing their wives better or a place where they treat her as a prostitute as someone said?

Hypocrisy is what kept Nigeria the way it is. Not being able to say the truth because if I say it , it won’t favor me or my people.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 05, 2019
Igbos. But the way our boys are copying other tribes and swallowing red pills eh, I fear for d future
Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 05, 2019
HumblySearching:
Igbos. But the way our boys are copying other tribes and swallowing red pills eh, I fear for d future
No be igbo men they kill their wives up and down? you guys over hype yourselves too much in this country. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/5233524/nigerian-man-kills-wife-germany

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 05, 2019
WorWorBoy2:
No be igbo men they kill their wives up and down? you guys over hype yourselves too much in this country. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/5233524/nigerian-man-kills-wife-germany
Lol. All tribe treat their wives good. Na individual something.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 05, 2019
HumblySearching:
Lol. All tribe treat their wives good. Na individual something.
Now you're talking wink

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Treats Their Wives Better? Pls Be Honest And Objective. by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 05, 2019
chigoizie7:
Why do people like being economical with the truth?

We all know the truth.

This is just like asking , which tribe or group of people has the richest food in naija. That doesn’t mean that other tribes does not know how to cook good food or something like that.

Also asking, which tribe or group of people has the most promiscuous wives, it doesn’t mean that all tribes that have promiscuous wives.

When you also ask, which tribe has a higher rate or early girl marriages, it doesn’t mean that all tribes in Nigeria do not.

Go read about the Kanuri's and Shuwa Arabs of Maiduguri then you will get the answer you sort for.

In cases like this, we know a custom of particular people based on what the majority are known for.

Igbo people prides marriages so much that even when you are growing up as a young man or woman, you have it at the back of your mind that marriage is sacred, ow this doesn’t in anyway mean that some igbos do not default on this .

Like someone said up there that yorubas treats their wives more as prostitutes, that doesn’t make all yourba men like that, but we know what majority of them do.

Now when you want to pick a man to marry, and you are looking for a man who treats the wife better. Will you go to a place where there are more men tearing their wives better or a place where they treat her as a prostitute as someone said?

Hypocrisy is what kept Nigeria the way it is. Not being able to say the truth because if I say it , it won’t favor me or my people.

Go study about the KANURI and SHUWA ARABS of maiduguri then you will find your answer.People dont obviously know other tribes except the three major tribes who have population.
I was marvelled myself when i went to Maiduguri and see the way they treat their women.
Then i knew Maiduguri was underestimated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Viral Photos Of Nigerian Man With Bigger Hips (photos) / A Nairaland guy here broke up my 2month marriage / I Think My Girlfriend Is Manipulating Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.