Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks (460 Views)

Wike Summons Emergency Meeting Over Rising Insecurity In Abuja / 'Poisoned’ Cows: Kaduna Jema’a LG Chairman Summons Emergency Meeting / BREAKING: PDP Legal Team Summons Emergency Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by Apeshy101(m): 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Zamfara Government has summoned an emergency meeting with Fulani leaders over attack on an outpost in which nine soldiers were killed in Sunke village of Anka local government area.

Senior Special Assistant to Governor Bello Matawalle on Security Matters, Alhaji Abubakar Dauran, told newsmen in Gusau on Saturday that the meeting was to forestall future occurrence.

He however did not say when the meeting will be held.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Suru attack is the first major security breach since the government initiated dialogue with bandits in the state.

Dauran confirmed that Thursday’s attack left some soldiers and the attackers dead, while those injured were admitted in Federal Medical Center, Gusau for proper medical attention.

According to him, the attackers were from Niger state.

“Following the good relationship and understanding established with the bandits which led to their repentance in Zamfara, I can assure you that those attackers are not from Zamfara.

“Immediately after the attack, we reached out to the Fulani leaders in the state who confirmed to us that none of their members participated, but we have summoned a meeting with them to forestal reoccurance,” he said.

Some eye witnesses who spoke to NAN on condition of anonymity, said the bandits that attacked the joint security outpost numbered over 200, riding motorcycles.
Credit: NAN/News9naija
https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/10/05/zamfara-govt-summons-emergency-meeting-over-fulani-attacks/
Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by Apeshy101(m): 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
Fulani militia are gradually taking over Nigeria.

Say no to crime.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by sweetonugbu: 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
N.a. wao
Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by ursullalinda(f): 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
Pls we need actions.....enof of the meetings already. This Fulani issue is tormenting
Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by Blue3k(m): 1:02am On Oct 06, 2019
What a shock nobody did anything. They're good guys who repented, dont worry about their criminal history.
Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by Racoon(m): 1:17am On Oct 06, 2019
This reminds me of a fulani terrorist calmly wielding an AK-47 rifle in the prescence of Gov.Masari + a local army brigade commander during a so called "peace meeting" in a forest in Kastina without him being arrest or interrogated.Anarchy and evidence of a failed state all over Nigeria esp.in the core north.

I saw the video of the departing fulani bandits being cheered on by the local population after their operation but not with any iota of shock or pity.They deserve what they got.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by obiekunie2: 3:07am On Oct 06, 2019

According to him, the attackers were from Niger state.

THEY ALWAYS TELL US THE ATTACKERS ARE FROM NIGER OR CHAD!

THEN THE MYETTI ALLAH WILL ALSO DENY THE ATTACK THUS:

I can assure you that those attackers are not from Zamfara AND THEY ARE NOT OUR MEMBERS!

THEN FEW DAYS LATER - MYETTI ALLAH WILL BE THE ONES COLLECTING RANSOMS ON BEHALF OF THE ATTACKERS!

THE TRUTH IS - NORTHEAST AND NORTHWEST ARE NOW TOTALLY OWNED AND CONTROLLED BY THE TERROR GROUP MYETTIALLAH.

THEY ARE NOW WORKING TOWARDS TOTAL CAPTURE OF THE ENTIRE MIDDLE BELT - AND I CANT SEE THEM FAILING IN THEIR QUEST.
Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 06, 2019
If they like they should give them any name they want.
Branches of bh that want to collect like others.

Let what they nurtured consume them all.

We have forgotten so quick. Nobody from the north ever condemn them except us from the south.

When their training ground was discovered in kaduna, their parents objected.

If they like they should set both their houses on fire.

Their problems.

Imagine the governor exonerating them and I should feel for them
Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by Foxman19: 3:47am On Oct 06, 2019
North problem zamfara headache. I'm in Lagos let fulani come to my house then I will know they have gain momentum. Useless people shithole called Nigeria.
Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by aolawale025: 5:28am On Oct 06, 2019
They had initially achieved some peace in zamfara
Re: Zamfara Govt Summons Emergency Meeting Over Fulani Attacks by coolzeal(m): 7:14am On Oct 06, 2019
So Soldiers no sabi revenge again? If these killings were done in the South, dem for dey show themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Gov. Okowa Reveals His Plans on Developing Warri Port (photos) / How Can I Meet This Past Nigerian Head of State / Railway Holds Master Key To Transforming Nigeria's Economy - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.