Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (41852 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
kimco:

I guess you gave am now and went the way of ad hominem.

Intelligent creatures talk, chat, communicate to gain insight Sir.
It's not just to argue in support of uncertainty when someone is presenting a solution to a problem.
We are humans NOT beasts! smiley
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmmm, the king in question did not just WANT the added years Sir, he NEEDED it to correct his blunders and set things right before his death, in order for his own sons not to fall into the same pit. So he NEEDED more time! wink
The king didnt need the time otherwise God would have given it to him without him protesting for it. He had all the time to set his house in order but just when he was about to die he says to almighty Yahweh, "i require more time".
And Yahweh gives it to him. Did Yahweh not know this man needed more time to set his house in order? Every leaf out the bible is just confusing. It contradicts itself alot.

Maximus69:

our own God (JEHOVAH) is not a MYSTERIOUS God Sir.

That's what the churches of Christendom claims to practice lawlessness {Matthew 7:21-23} they welcome all sort of religious ideologies as long as majority are in support of such ideas, they thought God is democratic (idea accepted by the majority), no matter how debased the idea as long as it involves the majority Christendom welcomes it and that's why they can not stand for RIGHTEOUSNESS! wink

Yes he is...otherwise he would not be a God. If you could tell his mind then he is no God. Dont you see how much you contradict yourself? To be a God is not child's play. And you must live up to that title. You have not seen him before. Same for me. So we cannot make claims here. You cannot read his mind.
As for the second part. You are simply being hypocritical here. You dont follow every single thing in the bible. Even if you think you do. No one in this age and time can, otherwise you would be in prison. For me all religion is fraud. However some are not so extreme ..i can deal with that. Live and let live.

Maximus69:

We can perfectly read the mind of our own God! When a spirit (representing JEHOVAH) spoke with Abraham concerning the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham said "it's UNTHINKABLE for God to ......" Genesis 18:25

You can't. You only rationalise to gain a sort of mental homeostasis, for lack of a better phrase. I lost my mom...."oh God gives and he takes away"
Children are starving in other countries like somalia "oh the grace has not reached them yet.
You rationalise so you dont have a mental breakdown from cognitive dissonance. Abraham's statement was not him reading the mind of God. That is him displaying shock and trying to reason with *Yahweh* who is supposed to be almighty( seriously)

Maximus69:

When the spirit representing JEHOVAH thought of destroying the Israelites and establish Moses for the purpose of saving mankind. Moses READ God's mind by asking "What about Jehovah's name that's involved?" Numbers 14:11-23 compared to Psalms 23:3
Again that's not reading God's mind, its reasoning with God. Funny cos Moses actually made sense where as God was succumbing to his rage and just about to *make a mistake*.

Maximus69:

When the Pharisees were trying to condemn the good works Jesus did, the healed blind man said "we know that our God DOES NOT SUPPORT EVIL" John 9:31

Let's not kid ourselves. First borns of egyptians dying, children, women, oxen ass, etc not being spared according to Yahweh's instruction to saul is far from not supporting evil.
I remember reading an awake book that said *God is capable of Evil, but not sin* so i disagree heavily here.

Maximus69:

The Discipline James (Jesus' half brother~ Matthew 13:55) after becoming a Christian said "when under trial, no man should say 'this temptation is from God'" WHY?
James answered "with evil things God cannot be tried NEITHER DOES HE HIMSELF TRY ANYONE (WITH EVIL THINGS)" James 1:13

So an almighty God can do what he pleases with his creatures and cannot be called out? How convenient for his propagators.

Maximus69:

So my friend, God's word (Jesus) made it clear to us that [b]if we're diligent in our study, we can READ Jehovah's mind! Proverbs 2:5 wink[/b]

Your quotation doesnt mean what you think it means...fear the lord and gain the knowledge of God doesnt mean you can read the mind of God. Revise your thought on this.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Maximus69:

Intelligent creatures talk, chat, communicate to gain insight Sir.
It's not just to argue in support of uncertainty when someone is presenting a solution to a problem.
We are humans NOT beasts! smiley

Unintelligent creatures swallow everything they are fed. Im not here to argue with u. Everything i say to u i truly know to be right. If from frustration you claim im jux here to argue with u just lidat that then i suggest u drop down ur high horse. I asked questions, u try to answer, i dont agree becos logically it doesnt add up and now you r frustrated. Don't be....see things from my point of view as well. Just like you think you want to mke me see the light, i too yearn to achieve that with you. You are not the only one trying to enlighten.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2019
TemmyT002:

Hmmm

In my district alone, marriages collapse heavily (marriage dept) its not happily ever after. And most of these couples are religious. So what is happening? Some try their hardest still they cant cope. So you try your best and hope that all works out. Try your best to make things work, but sometyms the other party isnt trying. Things change over tym. You myt think yourself some romeo now, but talk back to me after 30years of marriage.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2019
Acrobatics01:

Hi Kimco, you need to think beyond yourself.

My brother, I promise you there is nothing that would make me happier than to have the perfect marriage. But since im not the only one in the marriage i cannot promise that. Also since since i cannot predict how much i can change over time(we all do) i cannot promise that. What if your wife suddenly stops trying to look good, or im swayed by a younger lady who makes me feel like a young man again or my wife cheats on me because she says im not into her anymore etc. Its not easy to jux sit back and claim u will be diff because you guys are not living in a vacuum with jux each other.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
kimco:

Unintelligent creatures swallow everything they are fed. Im not here to argue with u. Everything i say to u i truly know to be right. If from frustration you claim im jux here to argue with u just lidat that then i suggest u drop down ur high horse. I asked questions, u try to answer, i dont agree becos logically it doesnt add up and now you r frustrated. Don't be....see things from my point of view as well. Just like you think you want to mke me see the light, i too yearn to achieve that with you. You are not the only one trying to enlighten.

FRUSTRATED?

In what way? undecided

Well, perhaps you need to know that true Christians spends our time wisely! Ephesians 5:15-16
If i'm chatting, i do so to gain one or two things, sorry NOT to convince you to agree with my line of thought!
It's either to make you see that there is a solution to a problem or to see if you've gotten a better way to solve it.
There is nothing like a perfect man or woman now, but if the man should love his wife and the woman should have deep respect for the man things will work easily! Ephesians 5:33
Now you don't have any solution, the one i presented you're trying to argue over it when it's obvious that that is exactly what both gender NEEDED from each other to keep moving on.
Instead of asking thought provoking questions to know if truthfully the man or woman will feel OK with the idea, you just started debunking it without experimenting!
So do you expect me to continue wasting my precious time in such a none profitable, time consuming argument? cheesy
My friend, you're a confirmed ATHEIST and your way is to argue that NOTHING WORKS as long as it demands submission of any kind from you! cheesy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
kimco:

In my district alone, marriages collapse heavily (marriage dept) its not happily ever after. And most of these couples are religious. So what is happening? Some try their hardest still they cant cope. So you try your best and hope that all works out. Try your best to make things work, but sometyms the other party isnt trying. Things change over tym. You myt think yourself some romeo now, but talk back to me after 30years of marriage.

You are right, bro
But personally, all the couples I know who have been married for over 40 years are religious.
Surely, that's something.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
kimco:

My brother, I promise you there is nothing that would make me happier than to have the perfect marriage.

There you go lying publicly as if you're chatting with babies! cheesy
My friend, it's obvious you don't WANT IT so far it's going to demand that you make some changes!
That's ATHEISM for you!

God said "marry only in the Lord" ~ go for a partner that is ready to make changes as in sacrifices so that things can work out fine!

Amongst those worshiping God, there are pretenders who will hide their true identity to marry a good man or woman, so how do you prevent ending up with them?

You take your time to study God's word diligently and take advice from worshippers of God who have succeeded in the field. They'll help you with counsels on how to make things work out.

But you're not ready for all these because IT WILL DEMAND THAT YOU MAKE SACRIFICES AND LOT OF CHANGES, AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ACCEPT THAT!

So stop deceiving yourself here, you're chatting with adults NOT kids! wink
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
Maximus69:

There you go lying publicly as if you're chatting with babies! cheesy
My friend, it's obvious you don't WANT IT so far it's going to demand that you make some changes!
That's ATHEISM for you!

God said "marry only in the Lord" ~ go for a partner that is ready to make changes as in sacrifices so that things can work out fine!

Amongst those worshiping God, there are pretenders who will hide their true identity to marry a good man or woman, so how do you prevent ending up with them?

You take your time to study God's word diligently and take advice from worshippers of God who have succeeded in the field. They'll help you with counsels on how to make things work out.

But you're not ready for all these because IT WILL DEMAND THAT YOU MAKE SACRIFICES AND LOT OF CHANGES, AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ACCEPT THAT!

So stop deceiving yourself here, you're chatting with adults NOT kids! wink

What is wrong with u. Who doesnt want a happy life. But happiness is subjective. What makes one happy might not make another so.

Are you telling me every person who has divorced their spouse was not godly? Or as you say, marry in the lord? Now u are getting arrogant and extremely naive. I pray you have a happy marriage, not just a long one but a happy one. I say happy because a long marriage doesnt make it a happy one. Today's woman is soo empowered that they will not tolerate infidelity or any other nonsense like before. They will leave you. Just cause our fore fathers had long marriages didnt mean they were happy ones. Did you say you have a perfect marriage? How naive of u. Maybe i am talking to a child here.

Even Abraham did not have a perfect marriage. Sarah was always going to have that feeling of betrayal from abraham, till she died. Every marriage has their ups and downs. None is perfect. Be serious, admit to ur shortcomings and prepare yourself for any hurdle. And even then, you might still fall. Such is life. You are no better than anyone my brother. Time you realise that time you can better prepare. Knowing your weakness allows you to fix things.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
TemmyT002:

You are right, bro
But personally, all the couples I know who have been married for over 40 years are religious.
Surely, that's something.

I think most of the couples you know...let's say 95% are religious. So its not surprising. But for every 10 happy marriages, there are 50(being generous here) unhappy ones and im talking about religious people. Max will have you believe its cos these couples are not religious enough...only he and his people are.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
Maximus69:

FRUSTRATED?

In what way? undecided

Well, perhaps you need to know that true Christians spends our time wisely! Ephesians 5:15-16
If i'm chatting, i do so to gain one or two things, sorry NOT to convince you to agree with my line of thought!
It's either to make you see that there is a solution to a problem or to see if you've gotten a better way to solve it.
There is nothing like a perfect man or woman now, but if the man should love his wife and the woman should have deep respect for the man things will work easily! Ephesians 5:33
Now you don't have any solution, the one i presented you're trying to argue over it when it's obvious that that is exactly what both gender NEEDED from each other to keep moving on.
Instead of asking thought provoking questions to know if truthfully the man or woman will feel OK with the idea, you just started debunking it without experimenting!
So do you expect me to continue wasting my precious time in such a none profitable, time consuming argument? cheesy
My friend, you're a confirmed ATHEIST and your way is to argue that NOTHING WORKS as long as it demands submission of any kind from you! cheesy

You are naive....very naive. I am not a small boy sir. I have been in relationships before. I am telling you from experience that every gender requires love and respect. And besides how can you claim to love someone you dont respect? Are you the only person who is married? Are you the only person who has had to deal with relationship issues? Even in the bible marriages have not gone well. Yet you quote other scriptures like a naive robot.

Again you contradict yourself. If you agree that not all is not perfect how do you expect the same thing to work for every couple. Your proposal might work for some but not for all. So we pick things on a case by case basis. Not cut and paste like u want to believe. But instead of admitting that we are all not of the same make, you only have this tunnel vision of if the man loves the woman and the woman respects the man, it will all work out, if it doesnt work out they were not true christians from the start. Such gullibility. Only a child can think this way.

I see that the issue of marriage has stirred you up. Im sry if i have offended you with my way of addressing that which you hold dear. I mean no harm.

If after arguing for this long you have not learnt anything then u have yourself to blame. I love to argue, because i love to learn...i myt look like im just arguing but i do learn. And yes, you are simply frustrated, dats y u have resorted to ad hominem attacks *he doesnt agree with me, he must be atheist, no wonder he doesnt agree with me*
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
kimco:

What is wrong with u. Who doesnt want a happy life. But happiness is subjective. What makes one happy might not make another so.

Are you telling me every person who has divorced their spouse was not godly? Or as you say, marry in the lord? Now u are getting arrogant and extremely naive. I pray you have a happy marriage, not just a long one but a happy one. I say happy because a long marriage doesnt make it a happy one. Today's woman is soo empowered that they will not tolerate infidelity or any other nonsense like before. They will leave you. Just cause our fore fathers had long marriages didnt mean they were happy ones. Did you say you have a perfect marriage? How naive of u. Maybe i am talking to a child here.

Even Abraham did not have a perfect marriage. Sarah was always going to have that feeling of betrayal from abraham, till she died. Every marriage has their ups and downs. None is perfect. Be serious, admit to ur shortcomings and prepare yourself for any hurdle. And even then, you might still fall. Such is life. You are no better than anyone my brother. Time you realise that time you can better prepare. Knowing your weakness allows you to fix things.

My friend it's nobody's business whether your marriage works or not!

If you want it to work, you will PROMISE YOURSELF by saying TO YOURSELF "i'm going to make it work"

Then you start looking for ways to make it work! cheesy

Your comments stinks, when you say "You can't promise that YOUR OWN MARRIAGE WILL WORK"

ATHEISM has so much blurred you sense of reasoning that you now think it's the business of religious people if YOUR marriage work or fail! cheesy

If your marriage did not work, it's you that's a FAILURE not God or those presenting the logic, YOU ARE THE FAILURE not them! cheesy
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 12:05am On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

My friend it's nobody's business whether your marriage works or not!

If you want it to work, you will PROMISE YOURSELF by saying TO YOURSELF "i'm going to make it work"

Then you start looking for ways to make it work! cheesy
Nobody is saying its your business...you asked me a question and i gave you an answer and now the answer frustrates you? Dude relax, you are all over the place now.

The recipe to a great marriage is still a mystery. I dont know the answer. This is because of different personalities and behavoural modifications that happen over time. If it were as easy as you made it there wouldn't be all these divorce cases. Respect the man and love your wife.....prestoooo...magic. promising oneself to make it work doesnt mean the other person would. And why stay in a marriage you are not happy with? Dats the reality of this world. Cry all you can, but the world doesnt revolve around how u view it. Step out rapunzel

Maximus69:

Your comments stinks, when you say "You can't promise that YOUR OWN MARRIAGE WILL WORK"

ATHEISM has so much blurred you sense of reasoning that you now think it's the business of religious people if YOUR marriage work or fail! cheesy

If your marriage did not work, it's you that's a FAILURE not God or those presenting the logic, YOU ARE THE FAILURE not them! cheesy

I cant promise to have a perfect marriage because i cant. But i will try my very best to make it work. Is this the comment bothers you so? But its the truth...and being that i have seen more cases than you have (again marriage dept in my district) simply saying I will make it work is not enough. How long have you been married? Do you think that a those divorcees did not try to make it work? That they didnt promise demselves to make their marriage a good one? Lip service is not enough. You must put in the work. Sometimes its just not enough and the marriage just doesnt work.

You keep mentioning Atheism. You really are frustrated arent you? This has nothing to do with atheism.

If my marriage doesnt work ofcos its on me and my spouse. Not of any God, nor any religious person...but ours...that's exactly what i have been saying. It is you who claimed that if your marriage fails its because one has not married in the lord...you seem confused.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 14, 2019
kimco:

Nobody is saying its your business...you asked me a question and i gave you an answer and now the answer frustrates you? Dude relax, you are all over the place now.

The recipe to a great marriage is still a mystery. I dont know the answer. This is because of different personalities and behavoural modifications that happen over time. If it were as easy as you made it there wouldn't be all these divorce cases. Respect the man and love your wife.....prestoooo...magic. promising oneself to make it work doesnt mean the other person would. And why stay in a marriage you are not happy with? Dats the reality of this world. Cry all you can, but the world doesnt revolve around how u view it. Step out rapunzel

I cant promise to have a perfect marriage because i cant. But i will try my very best to make it work. Is this the comment bothers you so? But its the truth...and being that i have seen more cases than you have (again marriage dept in my district) simply saying I will make it work is not enough. How long have you been married? Do you think that a those divorcees did not try to make it work? That they didnt promise demselves to make their marriage a good one? Lip service is not enough. You must put in the work. Sometimes its just not enough and the marriage just doesnt work.

You keep mentioning Atheism. You really are frustrated arent you? This has nothing to do with atheism.

If my marriage doesnt work ofcos its on me and my spouse. Not of any God, nor any religious person...but ours...that's exactly what i have been saying. It is you who claimed that if your marriage fails its because one has not married in the lord...you seem confused.

My friend, you're a confirmed ATHEIST! wink

I've dealt with professors in atheism so i know exactly how they discard helpful counsel.

You yourself said it not me nor anyone on this thread that you can begin sleeping around with other women outside your marriage and your woman can equally do the same! wink

Now steps to cure yourself from that disease (doggy lifestyle) you don't want, simply because it will demand humility on your part to make changes (sacrifices).

ATHEISTS are of the same mindset Sir. They want ABSOLUTE FREEDOM and when it burns them badly they blame others for their FAILURE!

Satan began the movement, Adam and Eve joined him. You can read the Bible book of Genesis 3:1-13. Now note how the whole event began, thoroughly meditate on the life saving instruction God gave Adam which he in turn passed to his wife Eve, then note how they mischievously decided to liberate themselves from the source of life. Then think deeply on whom both Adam and Eve were throwing the blame! wink

Adam said "it's the woman you (God) gave me"
Eve said "the serpent deceived me"

So in other words God is to blame;
For given the man a helper ~ Adam
For creating the serpent ~ Eve

Till today ATHEISTS still have the same mindset, they're saying "if there is a God somewhere, he is to blame for all these troubles" WHY?
Because he created humans and gave them freewill unlike beasts living on instinct!

According to ATHEISM, God supposed not create humans at all so that everything will work orderly!
Instead of acknowledging their shortcomings, they want to prove that God is to blame, and at the end they concluded saying "Perhaps there is no God in the first place" Psalms 14:1 cheesy

So my friend, i've dealt with your Grandpas in atheism so i can detect anytime i found one! wink
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 14, 2019
kimco:

The recipe to a great marriage is still a mystery. I dont know the answer.
I cant promise to have a perfect marriage because i cant. But i will try my very best to make it work.

FRUSTRATION comes when you're trying to establish what is not true or when you're trying to refute what is obvious to all eyes! wink

To have a great marriage you begin with yourself, you must first study yourself to know what type of person you are, before trying to figure out what type of woman will perfectly fit in to carry the yoke with you.

During the study of a Watchtower magazine, the organization compared the couples to two bulls that are supposed to work together in a field, both of them must be of the same side and strength to make them compliment each other PERFECTLY.
Many Witnesses who married before the issue of that watchtower realized where the problem in their marriages are coming 'they didn't marry someone having the same strength' but things can still work out fine if they can readjust themselves.
So if Jehovah's Witnesses (who are studying God's word with all seriousness) are striving hard to make their marriages work, believing (trusting) in the counsel of the originator of marriage (God), how do you now expect those who don't even have time for the Bible to succeed in marriage?
The TRUTH is there is a KEY to the secret of marital bliss, each person planning to marry must have the KEY and know how to use it to open the door to that secret room of bliss! wink
If you don't have that KEY, you need to become a friend of those who have it and learn how to make use of it from them.
For now there can't be a PERFECT marriage due to our own IMPERFECT state, but we can still have marital bliss if we're willing to accept help from the originator of marriage (God).

Majority of the people around you have the KEY but they're not making use of it, that's why you're seeing religionists who are FAILURES in marriage. For your information, Abraham is NOT a Christian so that KEY to family happiness has not been given to mankind during his own time.

You cannot see anywhere in the Christian Greek Scriptures (New Testament) where Christian couples have issues in their marriage. WHY?

Because the son of God (Jesus) has come and given them the KEY to the accurate knowledge of God which includes how to make your marriage work! Matthew 19:3-9

Take note of what one of Jesus' followers said after hearing the great sacrifice one need to make to have marital bliss, he said "if that's the case, then it's not advisable to marry" Matthew 19:10

Jesus went on to tell them ~if you can't cope with the rules for now, then wait till everyone becomes perfect again then you'll find PERFECTION in marriage! Matthew 19:11-12

So Jesus made it clear that there can't be PERFECTION in marriage for now, but you can still have marital bliss if you're willing to apply the rules. What every man NEED from his wife is DEEP RESPECT, and what every woman NEED from her husband is LOVE! Ephesians 5:33

You can also respect you wife and she can also love you in return but the first thing to apply is that KEY, then you'll see how things will work out fine.
Don't just sit there condemning sound counsel from our wonderful counselor {Isaiah 9:6} all because you want ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! wink

Your marriage can work out fine if you're willing to apply wise counsel! smiley
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by TemmyT002(m): 7:17am On Nov 14, 2019
kimco:

I think most of the couples you know...let's say 95% are religious. So its not surprising. But for every 10 happy marriages, there are 50(being generous here) unhappy ones and im talking about religious people. Max will have you believe its cos these couples are not religious enough...only he and his people are.

Still yet to find an irreligious couple who has been married for a long time.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2019
kimco:

(1)The king didnt need the time otherwise God would have given it to him without him protesting for it. He had all the time to set his house in order but just when he was about to die he says to almighty Yahweh, "i require more time".
And Yahweh gives it to him. Did Yahweh not know this man needed more time to set his house in order? Every leaf out the bible is just confusing. It contradicts itself alot.
(2)Yes he is...otherwise he would not be a God. If you could tell his mind then he is no God. Dont you see how much you contradict yourself? To be a God is not child's play. And you must live up to that title. You have not seen him before. Same for me. So we cannot make claims here. You cannot read his mind.
As for the second part. You are simply being hypocritical here. You dont follow every single thing in the bible. Even if you think you do. No one in this age and time can, otherwise you would be in prison. For me all religion is fraud. However some are not so extreme ..i can deal with that. Live and let live.
You can't. You only rationalise to gain a sort of mental homeostasis, for lack of a better phrase. I lost my mom...."oh God gives and he takes away"
Children are starving in other countries like somalia "oh the grace has not reached them yet.
You rationalise so you dont have a mental breakdown from cognitive dissonance. (3)Abraham's statement was not him reading the mind of God. That is him displaying shock and trying to reason with *Yahweh* who is supposed to be almighty( seriously)
Again that's not reading God's mind, its reasoning with God. Funny cos Moses actually made sense where as God was succumbing to his rage and just about to *make a mistake*.
(4)Let's not kid ourselves. First borns of egyptians dying, children, women, oxen ass, etc not being spared according to Yahweh's instruction to saul is far from not supporting evil.
I remember reading an awake book that said *God is capable of Evil, but not sin* so i disagree heavily here.
So an almighty God can do what he pleases with his creatures and cannot be called out? How convenient for his propagators.
(5)Your quotation doesnt mean what you think it means...fear the lord and gain the knowledge of God doesnt mean you can read the mind of God. Revise your thought on this.

Please kimco, i didn't see this! smiley

(1) The King needed the time but God can't just give him if he did not beg for it, for him to beg God for it means he is now ready to do God's will and Apostle John says "God will surely grant our request if it's in ACCORD with his will" 1John 5:14
(2) Reading someone's mind simply means been able to defend him before any accuser saying "i trust (believe) him, he meant NO EVIL"
All you just need to do is take your time and study the Bible (his word) with his WITNESSES, according to the human laws your appearance in the court of law as a WITNESS means you can ADEQUATELY defend the accused because YOU TRUST (BELIEVE) HIM! The Bible is not just a story book, it's the document God is using to present his case before all humans to prove his holiness (purity), if you don't spend time with his WITNESSES you can't understand his case.
(3) Abraham is one of his WITNESSES {Hebrew 11:8,12:1} and don't forget that there was NO written document Abraham could study to stand as a fully competent and completely equipped defender of God's case before accusers like you {2Timothy 3:16-17} yet he could say "i'm sure he can't do that" {Genesis 18:23-25} So with ordinary mouth to mouth info from his ancestors Abraham could defend God because he was able to READ his mind that he meant NO EVIL!
(4) During the time God was dealing with the Egyptians and other nations, there was no other way to prove to those idol worshippers that the person making demands is not just one of those intelligent spirits backing their useless images so wise ones amongst them quickly used their initiative to join the worshipers of the ALMIGHTY GOD! READ Exodus 8:16-19 compared to Joshua 2:8-21 Rahab (a prostitute) quickly swift to the side of JEHOVAH because she knew very well that idol worshippers also usually claim that their god is superior if they're able to conquer their enemies, now that a God is coming with full force and destroying all the enemies standing before his people WITHOUT A MILITARY FORCE, surely that must be the ALMIGHTY GOD! smiley
(5) Proverbs 2:1-5 is saying you should diligently study God's word, meditate thoroughly on what you read, ask questions on what's difficult for you to understand and pray to God for divine wisdom. After all of these, you will know what it means to fear JEHOVAH and you will have THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD. This simply means you can know why God did somethings in the past and be able to TRUST (BELIEVE) his judge that he is going to do what is right in the future.
Please it simply means YOU CAN READ God's mind in order for you to defend his case before anyone.
Now the judgment is ongoing Sir.
Jesus said "our father.... let your name be sanctified (held holy)" Matthew 6:9
There is no way his name could be cleansed of all these accusations without his WITNESSES going from house to house and door to door, in order to DEFEND his case before accusers like you, and they must be able to READ his mind better than all his WITNESSES of ancient times who weren't having the full document (complete Bible) to do so!
Now imagine you are involved in a case of IMPLICATIONS and you expect someone who has been living with you for the past 20 years to stand before your accusers saying "i trust (believe) kimco on this issue, he meant no evil"
Then you've judged yourself on this matter! Romans 1:20
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 14, 2019
TemmyT002:

Most marriages of yesteryears do last for a lifetime even when they're IRRELIGIOUS.

But the Bible made it clear that a time will come and from the look of things it's like our own generation, when "critical times hard to deal with will be hear, because men(humans) will....... NOT BE OPEN TO ANY AGREEMENT" 2Timothy 3:1&3

People of that time used to have regards for agreement and do keep promises, because they feel like FAILURES if they're not able to live up to their promises.
But our generation is different, there is increase of LAWLESSNESS (INIQUITY) {Matthew 24:12} so the LOVE to stand by your promises will be fully tested.
How are you going to stand out as integrity keeper?
You need to study God's word from Genesis to Revelations in other to be FULLY COMPETENT AND COMPLETELY EQUIPPED to do so! 2Timothy 3:16-17
Whoever feels the Bible is useless will never be able to make anything worthwhile like marriage work, NO not in this our generation! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
TemmyT002:

How many non religious people you know? Given the population ratio...you are likely to find religious people married for long. Out of 1000 people if u find 5 people married for long as against 10 people you find none married for long....which one feels jarring to you?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

To have a great marriage you begin with yourself, you must first study yourself to know what type of person you are, before trying to figure out what type of woman will perfectly fit in to carry the yoke with you.

You know you sound like a robot right now right? Binary. Its great you found your better half with whom you yoke with. But trust me when i say, sometimes you fall for people you have no business loving. Its not black and white.

Maximus69:

For your information, Abraham is NOT a Christian so that KEY to family happiness has not been given to mankind during his own time.
Woooooow. Im lost for words.

Maximus69:

You cannot see anywhere in the Christian Greek Scriptures (New Testament) where Christian couples have issues in their marriage.

I may be wrong but i dont think there was emphasis on married couples in the new testament. Aside ananias and his wife i know not of any significant couples mentioned in the new testament as compared to the old. Infact there are more prominent women in the old testament compared to the new. Your point is far reaching here. Not enuff sample size to make a good case.

These are the only post i will address. The rest only seem to be a JW thing...and i cannot "banter" with that. You are going to believe what you will...im okay with that. Im tired of repeating myself on certain issues. You believe there are keys to a blissful marriage, i dont...its not that easy. Again how long have you been married? Wait till you have been married long enough to use urself as a case till then you can only speculate, not state as fact.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

My friend, you're a confirmed ATHEIST! wink

I've dealt with professors in atheism so i know exactly how they discard helpful counsel.

You yourself said it not me nor anyone on this thread that you can begin sleeping around with other women outside your marriage and your woman can equally do the same! wink
)

I am an atheist because i refuse your wise counsel? You must think yourself really important. I hope i didnt bruise your ego. Relax.

On the second issue....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I knew you were misunderstanding something now i know what it is. So i will only address this other one as well.
I was just explaining to you why some marriages fail. You might stay faithful but she might not, she might stay faithful but you might not. Its not because you agreed to yourself to cheat at the beginning of the marriage. But life happens. I have seen these cases a lot. And you ask the man, why he did it or she did it, and even though they make excuses, most of them regret the actions.

We cannot sit back and simply judge others. Because given the circumstances you might fall victim too. I know this much...so i dont go about telling people the key ways to do things...one can suggest and hope that it works. To love and respect your loved ones is basic requirement...but its not just lip service. How do u continue to love and respect someone who continually hurt u? Or someone who has stopped making u a happy person?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

Please kimco, i didn't see this! smiley

(1) The King needed the time but God can't just give him if he did not beg for it, for him to beg God for it means he is now ready to do God's will and Apostle John says "God will surely grant our request if it's in ACCORD with his will" 1John 5:14
(2) Reading someone's mind simply means been able to defend him before any accuser saying "i trust (believe) him, he meant NO EVIL"
All you just need to do is take your time and study the Bible (his word) with his WITNESSES, according to the human laws your appearance in the court of law as a WITNESS means you can ADEQUATELY defend the accused because YOU TRUST (BELIEVE) HIM! The Bible is not just a story book, it's the document God is using to present his case before all humans to prove his holiness (purity), if you don't spend time with his WITNESSES you can't understand his case.
(3) Abraham is one of his WITNESSES {Hebrew 11:8,12:1} and don't forget that there was NO written document Abraham could study to stand as a fully competent and completely equipped defender of God's case before accusers like you {2Timothy 3:16-17} yet he could say "i'm sure he can't do that" {Genesis 18:23-25} So with ordinary mouth to mouth info from his ancestors Abraham could defend God because he was able to READ his mind that he meant NO EVIL!
(4) During the time God was dealing with the Egyptians and other nations, there was no other way to prove to those idol worshippers that the person making demands is not just one of those intelligent spirits backing their useless images so wise ones amongst them quickly used their initiative to join the worshipers of the ALMIGHTY GOD! READ Exodus 8:16-19 compared to Joshua 2:8-21 Rahab (a prostitute) quickly swift to the side of JEHOVAH because she knew very well that idol worshippers also usually claim that their god is superior if they're able to conquer their enemies, now that a God is coming with full force and destroying all the enemies standing before his people WITHOUT A MILITARY FORCE, surely that must be the ALMIGHTY GOD! smiley
(5) Proverbs 2:1-5 is saying you should diligently study God's word, meditate thoroughly on what you read, ask questions on what's difficult for you to understand and pray to God for divine wisdom. After all of these, you will know what it means to fear JEHOVAH and you will have THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD. This simply means you can know why God did somethings in the past and be able to TRUST (BELIEVE) his judge that he is going to do what is right in the future.
Please it simply means YOU CAN READ God's mind in order for you to defend his case before anyone.
Now the judgment is ongoing Sir.
Jesus said "our father.... let your name be sanctified (held holy)" Matthew 6:9
There is no way his name could be cleansed of all these accusations without his WITNESSES going from house to house and door to door, in order to DEFEND his case before accusers like you, and they must be able to READ his mind better than all his WITNESSES of ancient times who weren't having the full document (complete Bible) to do so!
Now imagine you are involved in a case of IMPLICATIONS and you expect someone who has been living with you for the past 20 years to stand before your accusers saying "i trust (believe) kimco on this issue, he meant no evil"
Then you've judged yourself on this matter! Romans 1:20

I have come to accept this fact. I disagree with this writeup fully. But being as you dont believe that God is omnipotent, i cannot use my argument on u. So let's agree to disagree.

Great discussion. Thanks for wasting you time on an unbeliever like me.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
kimco:

I have come to accept this fact. I disagree with this writeup fully. But being as you dont believe that God is omnipotent, i cannot use my argument on u. So let's agree to disagree.

Great discussion. Thanks for wasting you time on an unbeliever like me.

FRUSTRATION comes when you're battling to establish what is not true or when you're trying to refute what is obvious to all eyes!

You said you're going to ask questions. cheesy

I've dealt with professors in atheism several times but they're smarter than you're because they'll never make claims on understanding the book they want to debunk (Bible) they'll stick to the rules (only asking thought provoking questions).

Jehovah's Witnesses are lawyers defending the Bible,
~Our youths are every mother's dream child.
~Our bachelors are every serious lady's target.
~Our spinsters are every man's dream partner.
~Enforcement agencies are at rest with JWs.
~Teachers and Lecturers are relaxed with JWs.
~Our neighbours feel safe having us around.
~None JW women assume our wives have hypnotized us to continue loving only them! cheesy

These and many more qualities are vivid proofs that God's word is efficacious, because that's what we are studying to be FULLY COMPETENT and COMPLETELY EQUIPPED for all good works.

So if you're condemning religion i'm OK with it but don't condemn the Bible (God's word) because you'll continue to expose yourself as an amateur ATHEIST, with all the evidence showing that the book has ENERGY and WORKING! Hebrew 4:12 wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
kimco:

I am an atheist because i refuse your wise counsel? You must think yourself really important. I hope i didnt bruise your ego. Relax.

The OP is about Jehovah's Witnesses performing better than all other religionists claiming Christians.

It's either you want to know how they're performing better or what made it possible for them to perform better.

So it's not about my WISE COUNSEL Sir but the COUNSEL that's making Jehovah's Witnesses to be better performing Christian group! wink

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

The OP is about Jehovah's Witnesses performing better than all other religionists claiming Christians.

It's either you want to know how they're performing better or what made it possible for them to perform better.

So it's not about my WISE COUNSEL Sir but the COUNSEL that's making Jehovah's Witnesses to be better performing Christian group! wink

Our convo was not based on the OP. I made a post and you wanted to help explain things. Dont pull a side pass.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Maximus69:

FRUSTRATION comes when you're battling to establish what is not true or when you're trying to refute what is obvious to all eyes!

You said you're going to ask questions. cheesy

I've dealt with professors in atheism several times but they're smarter than you're because they'll never make claims on understanding the book they want to debunk (Bible) they'll stick to the rules (only asking thought provoking questions).

Jehovah's Witnesses are lawyers defending the Bible,
~Our youths are every mother's dream child.
~Our bachelors are every serious lady's target.
~Our spinsters are every man's dream partner.
~Enforcement agencies are at rest with JWs.
~Teachers and Lecturers are relaxed with JWs.
~Our neighbours feel safe having us around.
~None JW women assume our wives have hypnotized us to continue loving only them! cheesy

These and many more qualities are vivid proofs that God's word is efficacious, because that's what we are studying to be FULLY COMPETENT and COMPLETELY EQUIPPED for all good works.

So if you're condemning religion i'm OK with it but don't condemn the Bible (God's word) because you'll continue to expose yourself as an amateur ATHEIST, with all the evidence showing that the book has ENERGY and WORKING! Hebrew 4:12 wink

For every epistle you dish out, i can too. I could point out the contradictions in the bible all day and you would still rationalise it. But i will give you this...you do well to try and explain things, though i dont agree with you fully, as compared to the others who just say "you need the spiritual understanding".

You are too worked up. You are frustrated because things are not going your way. Arguing with atheists have nothing to do with me, if i make similar arguments then it means we all have same concerns, but for diff reasons. And even then what is wrong with being an atheist? Does it invalidate my concerns? Grow up Max.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 15, 2019
kimco:

For every epistle you dish out, i can too. I could point out the contradictions in the bible all day and you would still rationalise it. But i will give you this...you do well to try and explain things, though i dont agree with you fully, as compared to the others who just say "you need the spiritual understanding".

You are too worked up. You are frustrated because things are not going your way. Arguing with atheists have nothing to do with me, if i make similar arguments then it means we all have same concerns, but for diff reasons. And even then what is
(1)Wrong with being an atheist?
(2)Does it invalidate my concerns?
Grow up Max.

Good!

So that's the point!

Unlike those saying "the spirit will help you understand why they're holding the Bible"
Maximus explains why he believe (trust) the Bible! wink

Your two questions!

(1) ATHEISM is the faculty for self centered individuals, shifting blames on others when things aren't working fine in the society. They discards any practical wisdom as long as it requires that they WORK on their PERSONALITY!
What is wrong?
Children learns and they're ever willing to accept counsel that will help them improve in their dealing with their pairs, Jesus said individuals who are as teachable as little children will be permitted to live FOREVER. Because having such individuals around will help promote LOVE, PEACE and PROGRESS.
(2) You're one of the ATHEISTS Sir because
You're not here to know why people agreed to live by Bible principle.
You're not ready to accept any practical wisdom as long as it requires that you work on your PERSONALITY.
You're not here to present any useful info.
The faculty of ATHEISM is to discourage any kind of practical application demanding humility from adults to work on their PERSONALITY.

So Maximus has grown up Sir and that's why i'm able to detect anytime an ATHEIST is around! wink

Just say you are an ATHEIST and forget about what the Bible has to say because it can never appeal to an ATHEIST! wink
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kimco(m): 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
Maximus69:

Good!

So that's the point!

Unlike those saying "the spirit will help you understand why they're holding the Bible"
Maximus explains why he believe (trust) the Bible! wink

Your two questions!

(1) ATHEISM is the faculty for self centered individuals, shifting blames on others when things aren't working fine in the society. They discards any practical wisdom as long as it requires that they WORK on their PERSONALITY!
What is wrong?
Children learns and they're ever willing to accept counsel that will help them improve in their dealing with their pairs, Jesus said individuals who are as teachable as little children will be permitted to live FOREVER. Because having such individuals around will help promote LOVE, PEACE and PROGRESS.
(2) You're one of the ATHEISTS Sir because
You're not here to know why people agreed to live by Bible principle.
You're not ready to accept any practical wisdom as long as it requires that you work on your PERSONALITY.
You're not here to present any useful info.
The faculty of ATHEISM is to discourage any kind of practical application demanding humility from adults to work on their PERSONALITY.

So Maximus has grown up Sir and that's why i'm able to detect anytime an ATHEIST is around! wink

Just say you are an ATHEIST and forget about what the Bible has to say because it can never appeal to an ATHEIST! wink

suit urself mr robot. Im done.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
kimco:
suit urself mr robot. Im done.

Gbam!

Confirmation!

ATHEISTS refer to any adult that's willing to modify his PERSONALITY so that they can become virtuous individuals as ROBOTS!

So thanks for the admittance, but you should have done this instead of disguising under ~ AGNOSTIC abi wetin you take package am before?
Abeg atheist be atheist! wink
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by PlaYaJones: 6:12pm On May 30, 2022
dobiee:
tell them o some are dedicated while some are pretenders of the highest order they don't act what they preach

gimme yor nomba i beg ..i need babe to enjoy. u free? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Bishop Daniel Obinim Trying To Fly Like A Bird On Air (Video) / Prophet T O Obadare Is Dead / My Phone Call With President Yar’adua – TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.