Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

What Is Good About Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Good About Nigeria? (863 Views)

Taraba Judgement: What Is Good For Taraba State Should Be Good For Benue State / What's Good About Nigeria? / Say Something Good About Another Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Good About Nigeria? by Lanspower(m): 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2010
I had a brief argument with some Europeans who hold negatives views about Nigeria. They have never been to Nigeria and they seem to know all about the country. I challenged them that the Western Media only pay attention to bad aspect of Nigerian society but never cover my dear country when there are great landmarks of international standard. They all asked me "what good thing has happened in your country that should attract international interest"? I got short of ideas, Fellow Nairalanders help me out!
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by ifele(m): 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2010
Nothing good about Nigerdom.
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by Dsense(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2010
THe good about my country is the Corruption. tongue
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by aljharem(m): 12:23am On Nov 05, 2010
my brother to be honest, there is nothing good about that country cry cry cry
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by BabaIbada: 12:45am On Nov 05, 2010
U guys shouldnt be pessimistic about Nigeria, @ poster, tell ur whit friends that we're happy people as we hope for the best. I agree with u that the media are killing us cos a lot of atrocities are committed in Europe and America daily but our Media are handicapped to expose them the way they expose us. Amnesty programme is a good thing Nigeria can always proud of everywhere. Shikena!
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by MandingoII(m): 12:46am On Nov 05, 2010
ugh, they Black?
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by Lanspower(m): 12:49am On Nov 05, 2010
@ Baba Ibada, thanks for ur words of encouragement, but I really need concrete achievements to silence these people
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by excoba101: 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2010
U guys shouldnt be pessimistic about Nigeria, @ poster, tell your whit friends that we're happy people as we hope for the best. I agree with u that the media are killing us cos a lot of atrocities are committed in Europe and America daily but our Media are handicapped to expose them the way they expose us. Amnesty programme is a good thing Nigeria can always proud of everywhere. Shikena!

This is a matured post.
However, We need to re-structure the political system and corruption that had eating deep in Nigeria. The problem with Nigeria are Nigerians, everybody want to be king, but they can't handle pains. The change will start the day we start appreciating our country and be proud of it. I mean people should really start being patriotic. I have come to realized haven traveled and challenge many people that they are very proud of their country. Many Americans probably never traveled out of their state but they believe everything American. I have had arguments with people over this site were they become very anti- Nigeria, some even fake their identity claiming to be white people***

***TWO WRONGS CAN NEVER MAKE A RIGHT***

@Poster

Nigeria has many-things to boast about being a regional power we have contribute a great deal of help to the west African community. eg Ghana, Liberia, seria lone etc. You can make more research online if you want, Nigeria also helped during the appetite regime in south Africa.
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by MandingoII(m): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2010
CENSORSHIP!

and

a Passive public

= ZERO ADVANCES

Nigerians censor other Nigerians like you wouldn't believe.,

Usually the people that are censoring are censoring the PROGRESSIVE that would advent Change.

yet nigerians, I believe, are stuck in the 1800's.

sorry.
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2010
. . . . . .But let the truth be told . . . . .Nigeria is nothing but God's Saken region. . . . .I sure God is no longer interested in nigeria.
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by invisible2(m): 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2010
There is nothing good happening in Nigeria, especially if you walk around lazily waiting for the govt to do everything for you. If you are intelligent and hardworking, Nigeria is a paradise of peace.
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by namfav(m): 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
nothing
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by mensdept: 6:24am On Nov 07, 2010
There's so much craziness in 9ja that its shameful

However, the fact that we are all here on Nland educating one another (some deceiving one another) is a testimony that at least our people (if not the silly government) are not all totally a waste
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by excoba101: 6:32am On Nov 07, 2010
CENSORSHIP!

and

a Passive public

= ZERO ADVANCES

Nigerians censor other Nigerians like you wouldn't believe.,

Usually the people that are censoring are censoring the PROGRESSIVE that would advent Change.

yet nigerians, I believe, are stuck in the 1800's.

sorry.

What do you know about Nigeria? Should all country cling to all western ways of life to be advanced? Now i see why Iran has problem with America. They shouldn't forget that we have our own system and ways of doing things just as must as we embrace international standard of things too.

Bi-lateral relationship is what had made Nigeria what it is today. Nigeria only sells crude oil, and every other thing are imported and sold to us.  It is not that we can not have scientist that could come up with great inventions but there is a hidden agenda which is the tie between countries of this world and are imposed as long as they are members of various organizations like U.N.O and the rest of them . For example America was to push a motion that will stop china from exporting tyre and chicken early last years.
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2010
Good things about Nigeria

Nigerian women who are under the age of 25, AND who are not married, posses, as a group, astonishingly fit and sexy physiques of the sort that are exceedingly rare in say South Central Los Angeles, where junk-food body blubber is the rule rather than the exception. As a precaution, remember to wear that raincoat at all times, of course, and do NOT eat muff, regardless of how tasty it looks.

Vehicular Speed Limits exist only on paper and in theory for Nigerian highways. Speeding tickets are unheard of, so you can take that big V8 motor and open it up full throttle, which comes in handy when one is being pursued by car-jackers or highwaymen. Watch out for craters in that highway when you light up those afterburners, since you WILL get airborne off the big ones.

Open hunting season all the time. If you love to shoot big bore rifles like I do, then you are in luck with Nigeria's non-existent hunting regulations. You can take to the forest or savanna, and blow chit up to your heart's content, PROVIDED THAT you save some choice meat cuts to hand out at police checkpoints along the road home.

Impunity : Legality is entirely subjective and open to individual interpretation in Nigeria. Carry enough cash to bribe the cops, and you can pretty much get away with anything short of capital murder.
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by DapoBear(m): 7:55am On Nov 07, 2010
Jakumo:

Open hunting season all the time. If you love to shoot big bore rifles like I do, then you are in luck with Nigeria's non-existent hunting regulations. You can take to the forest or savanna, and blow chit up to your heart's content, PROVIDED THAT you save some choice meat cuts to hand out at police checkpoints along the road home.

Impunity : Legality is entirely subjective and open to individual interpretation in Nigeria. Carry enough cash to bribe the cops, and you can pretty much get away with anything short of capital murder.

Never been hunting before. That sounds pretty interesting. I'm not sure the impunity stuff is good, a lawless land imo is a terrible place.
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by MaiSuya(m): 8:16am On Nov 07, 2010
Jakumo:

Nigerian women who are under the age of 25, AND who are not married, posses, as a group, astonishingly fit and sexy physiques of the sort that are exceedingly rare in say South Central Los Angeles, where junk-food body blubber is the rule rather than the exception. As a precaution, remember to wear that raincoat at all times, of course, and do NOT eat muff, regardless of how tasty it looks.

Vehicular Speed Limits exist only on paper and in theory for Nigerian highways. Speeding tickets are unheard of, so you can take that big V8 motor and open it up full throttle, which comes in handy when one is being pursued by car-jackers or highwaymen. Watch out for craters in that highway when you light up those afterburners, since you WILL get airborne off the big ones.

And there you have it! grin
Re: What Is Good About Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2010
Jakumo:

grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

••• Committee Settles For Ibb : Consensus Dangerous To Democracy—okupe ! / Wikileaks: How Rice Influenced Gambari’s Sack From Burma / Mass Transit Trains To Commence In Five States Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.