Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory (20559 Views)

INEC May Not Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration / INEC To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration / INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Debaiz: 7:39am On Oct 07, 2019
adenigga:

Bros! It sounds beautiful! But can they spare us the stress of queuing & extortion by just asking people to just drop their BVN number & they do the needful!

In bank now if you are not with I. D. Card & you want to present cheque for payment, all what they ask is your BVN.

So, this duplication of data here & there tire me o!!!

I understand bro but let’s understand that na Nigeria we dey. Na we be our problem. The people In charge are Also shouting somewhere that they’re making them que unnecessarily not knowing they’re the ones enabling the que.

I personally always try to focus on the positive and celebrate the good. I know one day our culture will change when we get to a place where technology won’t allow us get away with this our sloppiness. Just like someone who was sent an OTP for online banking he/she won’t have time for chitchat until he/she uses the OTP. Gradually technology will push us to that stage but let’s celebrate the baby steps we are taking for now.

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Nteogwuija(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:
National id card that takes 2yrs to collect

2 years keh. Did mine in 2014 and this is 2019 already, it's not out.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by OdenKelechi(m): 7:40am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:
Na to dey carry the paper one till the plastic card is out
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by felixmuyiwa: 7:40am On Oct 07, 2019
How can they verify if the NIN supplied is correct or not
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by javaguru: 7:40am On Oct 07, 2019
I have'nt even seen the need of the sim reg talkless of this NIN
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by iammdshola(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2019
What of foreigners?
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by johnaruson(m): 7:42am On Oct 07, 2019
Old lines should be validated with NIN too. Otherwise people will start rebuying old lines and still commit crimes with them.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by dipsetbang(m): 7:44am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:

NIN is instant upon registration. It is on the slip you will be given but the card itself takes many years. I registered in 2014 and it is still not ready.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by govomotors: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2019
This need to be review this new/propose policy, why should our NIN be made available to every tom, dick and Harry on the street.

40 to 70% SIM card are registered by sim card hawker (Telecom company rep) on the street. You are saying we should make our NIN which is our DNA available to them?

Frankly speaking, this move is very risky because BVN is now linked to NIN likewise the international passport.

Secondly, is the government issuing foreigners NIN or are they not entitled to buy some card upon arrival at the Port of entry?

Let's think before we leap.

Checkout our Flooring solutions. Contact for for a free quotation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by diteh(m): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2019
Ge ara here mennnnn!
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by murmee: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2019
helinues:
You guys must be a joker..

NIN identity card that takes forever to obtain...
What you need is the NUMBER and not the Card!
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by obinnaoduduwa: 7:59am On Oct 07, 2019
Is NIN ment for everybody? ,thought it was mentioned for nigeria citizens
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by accountantben: 7:59am On Oct 07, 2019
It should be applicable to both old and new lines.
The state of insecurity is becoming unbearable. It's hard time we apply all measures to curtail the high rate of crime in this country.

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by DarkJeddi(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:
Yours took ONLY TWO YEARS? shocked

Mine is FOUR YEARS and counting.. angry
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by DarkJeddi(m): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2019
felixmuyiwa:
How can they verify if the NIN supplied is correct or not
You are supposed to come with your Card.. shocked
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 07, 2019
helinues:

temporary one will be given to you and it contains your NIN.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Godyke(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2019
Most people don't know the difference between the physical ID card and the NIN. The most important of the two is the NIN which is a unique identification number for every Nigerian citizen. It is our own version of the social security number which is unique to every citizen whether alive or dead. A foreigner can have a BVN but cannot be entitled to NIN. The physical card is not as relevant as the number. Just register and memorize your number. Afterall you can loose your card and somebody can use it to steal your identity to commit crimes.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Bala132: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2019
Data base must start from somewhere with time we will get it. Not something for just one night
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by bluefilm: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2019
helinues:

Lies.

Maybe that was then.

But now ...

You get the NIN the same day you registered.

The ID card itself may take a long while.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2019
nams77:
Does everyone have the NIN number? Even BVN number that is more popular, not everyone has it.
Well let me see how this one plays out
if you don't have Bvn the your account is dormant
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Cindy222(f): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2019
Nice one....It will reduce alot of excesses in our society.

I make unisex outfits,very affordable ones,i deliver anywhere. Check my signature
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Emmy3(m): 10:45am On Oct 07, 2019
Illogical and irrational...

I don't understand how one will be able to have NIN and BVN without a phone number.
SIM card registration precedes NIN enrollment.

To enroll for NIN, you must have a SIM/phone number.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Klington: 10:59am On Oct 07, 2019
if they're truly serious about this, the should compel everyone both new and existing subscribers to register (re-register) their sim card with NIN..

very great initiative.

but trust Nigeria, it won't fly.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Smithwilliams826: 11:01am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:
2 weeks
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by FarahAideed: 11:15am On Oct 07, 2019
sapientia:
So we will have to release such delicate information to foreign companies?

How about making laws that can make calls n data cheaper.

Another angle ? Our policymakers are just too shortsighted
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by orisa37: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2019
[quote author=Mrakeli post=82911101]The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has said that registration of new Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards will now require the presentation of the National Identity Number (NIN).NCC, which said the enforcement of the new rule takes effect soon, noted that the move became necessary following the rising criminality in the country.

According to its Executive Vice Chairman (EVC), Prof. Umar Danbatta, the policy is in line with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Act 2007 relating to NIN regulations, which provide that a person must provide his/her unique number to register a SIM card.Consequently, Danbatta said the NCC, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, had set in motion mechanisms for compliance.

Meanwhile, Nigeria added 1.95 million new subscribers to its networks between July and August.Speaking at the third yearly conference of the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers (GOCOP) at the weekend in Lagos, Danbatta, who was represented by the Head, Online Media and Special Publication, Omoniyi Ibietan, promised that all avenues must be explored to cage the rising cases of insecurity in the country.

The event was themed “Economy, Security and National Development: The Way Forward.”The EVC said: “Permit me to quickly take you through a few things that the NCC, as the country’s independent telecommunications regulatory authority, has been doing towards engendering security of lives and property for economic development in our country.

“This will be discussed under the sub-theme, ‘NCC, SIM Registration, Security and National Development’.”According to him, the Nigerian telecoms industry, in the past 18 years, has recorded tremendous growth. Danbatta added: “Today, the number of active telephone lines in the country is about 175 million, representing a tele-density of 91.65 per cent. The number of Internet users is 122.6 million, while broadband penetration currently stands at 35 per cent. The cumulative investment profile in the sector is over $70 billion.

“At 11.39 per cent contribution to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the telecoms sub-sector remains a major actor in the national economy. “Indeed, as at the second quarter of 2019, the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector’s contribution to the GDP was 13.88 per cent.

“Today, the positive impact of the telecoms sector, either voice or data, resonates in other sectors of the economy.” The NCC boss pledged that his organisation remained committed to using telecoms to support the current tripartite agenda of the Federal Government, which are, to improve the economy, enhance lives and property, as well as fight corruption.

https://guardian.ng/news/ncc-makes-nin-mandatory-for-new-sim-regist

NIN for SIM is a Terrorists' Agenda.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Kolping: 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
One step closer to identifying and tracking everyone for the coming New World Order...just like the Kenya smart card Huduma and India's biometric id system Aadhaar.

Revelation 13:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwmp_fsTCg
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Kolping: 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
The long term plan is to merge all national identification cards into an international digital id card to monitor and track everyone in the world (except of course the people who be the few who will run and control the system). That's why there has been a major push for digital services and technology in Africa and other developing regions of the world. There will be no place to hide.

Remember that Mastercard is the company behind the National Identity Number (NIN) in Nigeria. They issue the smartcards and control the data which reside outside Nigeria.

Welcome to the future...

Mastercard and Microsoft have a frightening plan to create universal digital identities

https://www.fastcompany.com/90276216/mastercard-and-microsoft-announce-frightening-universal-id-partnership

Mastercard Wades Into Murky Waters With Its New Digital ID

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/mastercard-digital-id/amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Revolva(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
Debaiz:
Data harmonization and integration

Link Sim registration to NIN

Then link NIN to BVN. Everything should depend on BVN. Nobody wants to lie on their bank accounts information. Whereas, people can lie for the NIN.

That corect

But this country no de reason far

How many people get NIN number

I no even no d nin number of my card it look like an atm

The yeye card took me like 6 years to get my card since GEJ started it I did myne I just got myne by April
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by mfm04622: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
naptu2:

Everyone will need to have a NIN.

Very soon you will not be able to

1) Open a bank account without a NIN

2) Register your SIM card without a NIN

3) Get a passport without a NIN

4) Get a driver's license without a NIN

Etc.

It is not very soon. At the moment, you can't register a SIM, get a passport nor driver's license without NIN. Only bank account remains!
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Debaiz: 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2019
Revolva:

That corect

But this country no de reason far

How many people get NIN number

I no even no d nin number of my card it look like an atm

The yeye card took me like 6 years to get my card since GEJ started it I did myne I just got myne by April

Still yet to get it. Lost the paper they gave me already and they asked me to pay for reprint but I’m not ready.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ve Moved On From Supreme Court Judgment – LP / Ohanaeze Fires Back At Promoters Of Radio Biafra - Tribune / Atiku V Tinubu: More Election Officials Testify Against INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.