Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory (20560 Views)

INEC May Not Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration / INEC To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration / INEC Planning To Make NIN Compulsory For Voter Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by yenereal(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2019
Nice move
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Dhemmyjay(m): 6:50am On Oct 07, 2019
001spice:
Good morning guy.plz can you help me on how I can post a trend on naiaraland here

Go to the forum under which you intend to create the topic, just below the page numbering, you'll find the create a new topic option.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by straighttalk(m): 6:50am On Oct 07, 2019
Long Overdue

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Jabioro: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2019
Shior! NIN take more than the coming of Jesus Christ to register..why not BVN..you can't change your indentity with that ..

2 Likes

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by noli895: 6:51am On Oct 07, 2019
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by adenigga(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2019
achikolo:
shocked

what of welcome back shocked

can't they use bvn instead

I think that's more convenient

My brother, they are clueless!!!

I'm even tired of register this, register that.

2 Likes

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by ednut1(m): 6:54am On Oct 07, 2019
Inec, frsc, immigration, bvn etc has my biometrics. Why cant nim obtain from them

3 Likes

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by BlueAir: 6:54am On Oct 07, 2019
This is rubbish . restricting people to nin as if it's easy to collect...wjat happened to presenting any other form of id?!
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by luluosas(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2019
I foresee the inclusion of BVN into Sim card registration soon. Just watch out
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by naptu2: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2019
nams77:
Does everyone have the NIN number? Even BVN number that is more popular, not everyone has it.
Well let me see how this one plays out

Everyone will need to have a NIN.

Very soon you will not be able to

1) Open a bank account without a NIN

2) Register your SIM card without a NIN

3) Get a passport without a NIN

4) Get a driver's license without a NIN

Etc.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Commentor: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2019
Emceesaka:
Yahoo boys will still find their way out. Shioor

Yahoo boys are secondary in this matter.

We are more concerned about Evans group.

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by miniziter(m): 7:01am On Oct 07, 2019
Why not use BVN?
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Opexzy: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:
National id card that takes 2yrs to collect
Two what?... I have registered since April, 2014 and i am yet to collect mine... That's 4 years and 6 months...

2 Likes

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Commentor: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2019
ednut1:
Inec, frsc, immigration, bvn etc has my biometrics. Why cant nim obtain from them

They don't have to.

And you don't have to either.

We'll all bear the consequences of our actions.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by adenigga(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2019
Debaiz:
Data harmonization and integration

Link Sim registration to NIN

Then link NIN to BVN. Everything should depend on BVN. Nobody wants to lie on their bank accounts information. Whereas, people can lie for the NIN.

Bros! It sounds beautiful! But can they spare us the stress of queuing & extortion by just asking people to just drop their BVN number & they do the needful!

In bank now if you are not with I. D. Card & you want to present cheque for payment, all what they ask is your BVN.

So, this duplication of data here & there tire me o!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Neoteny(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2019
Poorly thought out policies everyday.

Someone will just wake up and without any laws or acts passed by congress, will create decrees. Every single agency of government is guilty of this.

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Truthbites: 7:04am On Oct 07, 2019
Very good. Yahoo boys, internet crooks, criminals, kidnappers , ritualists..una de hear? We go catch una..look for legit o.. otherwise we are clamping all of u

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by achikolo(f): 7:06am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

They don't have to.

And you don't have to either.

We'll all bear the consequences of our actions.
[/s]
shatap
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by achikolo(f): 7:06am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Yahoo boys are secondary in this matter.

We are more concerned about Evans group.
[/s]
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Xanderlex: 7:06am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:
Lol. Mine is almost 4years and still haven't gotten it

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by mayormick(m): 7:11am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:
hmm....you say 2 years? I did mine 2013 and collected 2019, that is 6years bro

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Xano(m): 7:16am On Oct 07, 2019
Funny...NIN which is rare to acquire. Well, all the best to new SIM card buyers
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by islandmoon: 7:17am On Oct 07, 2019
haven't you linked BVN to sim card already?
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by MartinsD12(m): 7:19am On Oct 07, 2019
Mrakeli:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has said that registration of new Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards will now require the presentation of the National Identity Number (NIN).NCC, which said the enforcement of the new rule takes effect soon, noted that the move became necessary following the rising criminality in the country.

According to its Executive Vice Chairman (EVC), Prof. Umar Danbatta, the policy is in line with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Act 2007 relating to NIN regulations, which provide that a person must provide his/her unique number to register a SIM card.Consequently, Danbatta said the NCC, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, had set in motion mechanisms for compliance.

Meanwhile, Nigeria added 1.95 million new subscribers to its networks between July and August.Speaking at the third yearly conference of the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers (GOCOP) at the weekend in Lagos, Danbatta, who was represented by the Head, Online Media and Special Publication, Omoniyi Ibietan, promised that all avenues must be explored to cage the rising cases of insecurity in the country.

The event was themed “Economy, Security and National Development: The Way Forward.”The EVC said: “Permit me to quickly take you through a few things that the NCC, as the country’s independent telecommunications regulatory authority, has been doing towards engendering security of lives and property for economic development in our country.

“This will be discussed under the sub-theme, ‘NCC, SIM Registration, Security and National Development’.”According to him, the Nigerian telecoms industry, in the past 18 years, has recorded tremendous growth. Danbatta added: “Today, the number of active telephone lines in the country is about 175 million, representing a tele-density of 91.65 per cent. The number of Internet users is 122.6 million, while broadband penetration currently stands at 35 per cent. The cumulative investment profile in the sector is over $70 billion.

“At 11.39 per cent contribution to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the telecoms sub-sector remains a major actor in the national economy. “Indeed, as at the second quarter of 2019, the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector’s contribution to the GDP was 13.88 per cent.

“Today, the positive impact of the telecoms sector, either voice or data, resonates in other sectors of the economy.” The NCC boss pledged that his organisation remained committed to using telecoms to support the current tripartite agenda of the Federal Government, which are, to improve the economy, enhance lives and property, as well as fight corruption.

https://guardian.ng/news/ncc-makes-nin-mandatory-for-new-sim-registration/amp
Nonsense policy why not make it easy to obtain nin, it takes 2 to three years to get that imagine, if they want to make it a must for sim registration they should also issue us the national identity card in a day OK, nonsense policy
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by SEGLIZ: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2019
Kendumazy:
Nice one. They should make getting NIN stress-free and swift.

Quality UK 1st and 2nd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check
link below for more details

my brother, you can say that again.
I went to one of their centres in abeokuta to get this thing done, to my surprise I was told to buy the form for a fee of a hundred Naira. not even within the premises where the registration is being done but at a fueling station nearby.
one of the fuel attendant sold the form (a young lady to be precise). I did purchase the form though, returned to the center to fill the form only to be told at exact 5 minutes past 10, they have stop attending to people.
just imagine.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by mamaafrik(m): 7:27am On Oct 07, 2019
National identity card that i did around 2013 ,i never see am collect.
Thr staffs will be asking for money to by ink ,buy fuel ,come to work 9:30 am,close by 3:30 p.m
Una never ready.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by SoulB6: 7:36am On Oct 07, 2019
I don't know where all of Una register your own oo I collected my own NIN within one week in Okene.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Alfred74: 7:36am On Oct 07, 2019
Very welcomed idea.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by emsco(m): 7:36am On Oct 07, 2019
This government is crazy.
NIN that have not been able to get for almost 3 month of trying.. Too many people on queue anytime i go there and the officials aren't making it easy.
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by johnmattew: 7:36am On Oct 07, 2019
snrman:
I collected mine within 3 weeks
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by Paxmedical(m): 7:38am On Oct 07, 2019
Where is our national ID card?
Re: SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory by johnmattew: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2019
Neoteny:
Poorly thought out policies everyday.

Someone will just wake up and without any laws or acts passed by congress, will create decrees. Every single agency of government is guilty of this.

just displaying ur ignorance extravagantly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunday News Headlines After Anambra Election / Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation / Court Refuses Dokpesi Bail-the Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.