Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) (12500 Views)

Bomb Attack: Why Nnamdi Kanu May End Up Like Maina - Ohanaeze Attacks IPOB / Junaid Mohammed: Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested If He Steps Into Nigeria / Jubril From Sudan: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Be Right – Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by panigbo: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2019
As most of my fellow Igbo brothers/sisters have written on this platform, and many other platforms, for us to achieve our true potential, we need to be free from the leadership method of Nigeria. As most of my concerned Igbo brothers/sisters have pointed out, everything is totally against us.

As traders we don't have access to the world via sea or air without going through another man’s land, which exposes us to all types of extortion and abuse. We can't carry out big ticket investment like rail-lines, sea/river port or even refine our abundant resources like coal, natural gas, crude oil, palm oil and so on, without dealing with the unfavorable federal government. There is almost ZERO foreign direct investment(FDI) in the entire IGBOLAND. All these and more can be traced to the inequality and laws put to set us backwards.

My Big Brother, Nnamdi Kalu noticed that for us to achieve our true potential and be free, we have to secede from Nigeria with our south south(S/S) brothers. I feel most Igbos’ look at the average non-Igbo speaking S/S as his/her fellow brother/sister but that's not the case for them. I can categorically tell you that they feel the opposite, you hardly see a non-Igbo S/S clamoring for Biafra regardless that they have been more exploited and abused than we the Igbos. At the peak of IPOB movement, when Nnamdi Kalu was released on bail a very popular non-Igbo S/S guy asked his fellow country men on facebook if they would like to join Biafra. To my greatest surprise over 85% of them said NO, some even commented that they prefer to be in Nigeria or form their own country without the Igbos. From my further research and investigation, these people only claim united when it favors them - like Goodluck Jonathan election but hate us as much as others do. I asked umu-igbo when have you ever seen a non-Igbo S/S fighting for our right or progress? The relationship is a one-way relation - we are always giving without receiving.

I submit to you today, Nnamdi Kalu style of Biafra is not sustainable. If we want to be free we have to do it alone, we have what it takes to be independent. Based on international law, we have access to the sea. Switzerland is a landlocked nation that is way far from the sea but have a stable economy with even river ports. Rwanda is worse with no access to the sea but its the fastest growing economy is sub-saharan Africa. We have no excuse why we can’t pull out of this toxic relationship.

Granted, there is a huge brain drain in Nigeria but what is worse is the level of brain drain happening in the Igboland. Our very best is leaving Igboland daily to other parts of Nigeria because there is no hope, we lack federal investment in Igboland that would be an incentive to stay back and grow.

I ask:

Do you know if we Igbos leave today we would still be among the top 10 most populous countries in Africa?
Do you know Igboland would be among the top 10 richest countries in Africa?
Do you know Igboland produces more crude oil than Ghana?
Do you know that coal from Enugu can power the whole of West Africa for over 100yrs?
Do you know we have one of the biggest natural gas deposits in the world?
Do you know that countries that never knew what palm oil was, until we showed them now run their economy solely on palm oil production?
Do you know that if Igboland is granted independent we would be the true PAN AFRICAN NATION that has an indigenious language as its official language?

My people let us look inward and fight for our freedom, instead of worrying about who would join us.

I’ve based in America for about 20yrs, there is no incentive for me apart from freeing my people and seeing we achieve what God destined for us. A small united house is far better than a big divided house.
We can do it… let's do it.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Switruth: 8:41am On Oct 07, 2019
Make una leave this people. Why the bile thoughts.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by tillaman(m): 8:42am On Oct 07, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 07, 2019
Switruth:
Make una leave this people. Why the bile thoughts.
Don't mind them, opening 5,000 Biafra/Igbo threads everyday.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii slap44 iceberg3 cletus77 Metaphysical

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Binikingdowm: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2019
sad I'm tired of hearing this Biafra nonsense, shut the Bleep up already. Biafra is dead and gone and Igbo land can't form a country.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by GuestLog: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2019
Who is Nnamdi Kalu?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by NIGHTMAREOO7: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2019
undecided
Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Iceberg3: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2019
Binikingdowm:
sad I'm tired of hearing this Biafra nonsense, shut the Bleep up already. Biafra is dead and gone and Igbo land can't form a country.

Lahor gu'nuwe, thank you

3 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by gidgiddy: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2019
Biafra is the future. Anybody who is hoping that Nigeria will get better is dreaming

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by selemempe: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2019
I stand fully with the op...we need to remove Niger Delta from Biafra as a matter of urgency...don't turn Igbo to beggers

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2019
Do you guys really know what you want?
2015 - one Nigeria, GEJ for President
2016/2017 - Referendum
2019 - Atiku for President

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by helinues: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2019
In season 5 of Strike back movie, what killed Niger delta was shortly briefed in the movie..

Same move/direction Kanu is taking
Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by helinues: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2019
gidgiddy:
Biafra is the future. Anybody who is hoping that Nigeria will get better is dreaming

I am wishing/praying for that day for you see to see how things really work..

Knives and coins have both sides.. Se u know?

3 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by gidgiddy: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2019
selemempe:
I stand fully with the op...we need to remove Niger Delta from Biafra as a matter of urgency...don't turn Igbo to beggers

Biafra has never been an Igbo thing, it is an Eastern Region thing. The last president of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not an Igbo man. A referendum should be held and those who vote to leave Nigeria will become Biafrans and those who vote not to leave will continue as Nigerians

Biafra is not about Igbo or any other ethnic group, it is about those who choose to leave Nigeria

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by selemempe: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

Biafra has never been an Igbo thing, it is an Eastern Region thing. The last president of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not an Igbo man. A referendum should be held and those who vote to leave Nigeria will become Biafrans and those who vote not to leave will continue as Nigerians

Biafra is not about Igbo or any other ethnic group, it is about those who choose to leave Nigeria

this is too vague... vague endeavours don't succeed

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by englishman411(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2019
Nothing dies like an idea in the eyes of another man,the man who said it can't be done,should step aside for the man who is achieving it already.Nothing is impossible to achieve on this earth with Faith,persistence and determination.Biafra actualization will take all by surprise.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Yahman1(m): 10:15am On Oct 07, 2019
Una no dey tire? So as we S/S miniority tribes reject Una e pain Una like this cheesy
Biafra can't be actualized on the pages of nairaland get that into your heads. U guys should go back to the drawing table. Your talking Biafra while your politicians are enjoying Government money, u for go Government house in Abia go shout Biafra na make police use u do testing practice

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

Same write up everyday.

The likes of you are the ones deceiving Nnamdi kanu, massaging his ego when in actual facts he is failing.

Any biafra involving SS is a failure and People like us will frustrate that agitation because it is the creation of another Somalia and Nigeria.

Biafra will simply be an Igbo issues...no addition no deduction.

But with the style of you and kanu, he will continue to fight for biafra till he gets old and die off...

You guys should be realistic for once.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2019
Any Biafra agitation should be only an Igbo thing and Igbo affair.. Nothing else.

The person that will lead that true agitation has no risen because as of now kanu is just playing and fooling around.

Igbos are large enough to form a country.

Op your opinion has been our thought.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Afamed: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2019
Lol
Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by panigbo: 11:12am On Oct 07, 2019
I dont know why my people feel we can't do it without other tribes. Look at all African countries that has so many tribes and see how divided they are.

Its more realistic for we Igbos to breakout alone than going with the SS that Nigeria is depending on. I think its wise we even use them as a strategy in negotiating our breakup with Nigeria

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 07, 2019
panigbo:
[s]As most of my fellow Igbo brothers/sisters have written on this platform, and many other platforms, for us to achieve our true potential, we need to be free from the leadership method of Nigeria. As most of my concerned Igbo brothers/sisters have pointed out, everything is totally against us.

As traders we don't have access to the world via sea or air without going through another man’s land, which exposes us to all types of extortion and abuse. We can't carry out big ticket investment like rail-lines, sea/river port or even refine our abundant resources like coal, natural gas, crude oil, palm oil and so on, without dealing with the unfavorable federal government. There is almost ZERO foreign direct investment(FDI) in the entire IGBOLAND. All these and more can be traced to the inequality and laws put to set us backwards.

My Big Brother, Nnamdi Kalu noticed that for us to achieve our true potential and be free, we have to secede from Nigeria with our south south(S/S) brothers. I feel most Igbos’ look at the average non-Igbo speaking S/S as his/her fellow brother/sister but that's not the case for them. I can categorically tell you that they feel the opposite, you hardly see a non-Igbo S/S clamoring for Biafra regardless that they have been more exploited and abused than we the Igbos. At the peak of IPOB movement, when Nnamdi Kalu was released on bail a very popular non-Igbo S/S guy asked his fellow country men on facebook if they would like to join Biafra. To my greatest surprise over 85% of them said NO, some even commented that they prefer to be in Nigeria or form their own country without the Igbos. From my further research and investigation, these people only claim united when it favors them - like Goodluck Jonathan election but hate us as much as others do. I asked umu-igbo when have you ever seen a non-Igbo S/S fighting for our right or progress? The relationship is a one-way relation - we are always giving without receiving.

I submit to you today, Nnamdi Kalu style of Biafra is not sustainable. If we want to be free we have to do it alone, we have what it takes to be independent. Based on international law, we have access to the sea. Switzerland is a landlocked nation that is way far from the sea but have a stable economy with even river ports. Rwanda is worse with no access to the sea but its the fastest growing economy is sub-saharan Africa. We have no excuse why we can’t pull out of this toxic relationship.

Granted, there is a huge brain drain in Nigeria but what is worse is the level of brain drain happening in the Igboland. Our very best is leaving Igboland daily to other parts of Nigeria because there is no hope, we lack federal investment in Igboland that would be an incentive to stay back and grow.

I ask:

Do you know if we Igbos leave today we would still be among the top 10 most populous countries in Africa?
Do you know Igboland would be among the top 10 richest countries in Africa?
Do you know Igboland produces more crude oil than Ghana?
Do you know that coal from Enugu can power the whole of West Africa for over 100yrs?
Do you know we have one of the biggest natural gas deposits in the world?
Do you know that countries that never knew what palm oil was, until we showed them now run their economy solely on palm oil production?
Do you know that if Igboland is granted independent we would be the true PAN AFRICAN NATION that has an indigenious language as its official language?

My people let us look inward and fight for our freedom, instead of worrying about who would join us.

I’ve based in America for about 20yrs, there is no incentive for me apart from freeing my people and seeing we achieve what God destined for us. A small united house is far better than a big divided house.
We can do it… let's do it. [/s]

Afonja, first they try to divide Ibibio and Igbo, it failed woefully after numerous attempts. They went and regroup...now telling Igbos, leave SS out of Biafra, SS are bad people, they are lazy, blah blah blah. These people, eh!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 07, 2019
helinues:

I am wishing/praying for that day for you see to see how things really work..

Knives and coins have both sides.. Se u know?
Una dreams go die before knives n coins sides be notice... People no go just focus on their future.... Na amebo upandan and to the wish fellow humans illluck..
What a tribe?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2019
panigbo:
I dont know why my people feel we can't do it without other tribes. Look at all African countries that has so many tribes and see how divided they are.

Its more realistic for we Igbos to breakout alone than going with the SS that Nigeria is depending on. I think its wise we even use them as a strategy in negotiating our breakup with Nigeria

Wise igbos Re gunning for Biafra that starts and stop at igboland.. minorities in he south are problem already to themselves..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

Ipob should channel the Biafra cause and restrict it to igboland ...any tribe outside igboland should be by agreement....after Biafra has been established as a nation.. southern minorities are wahala..we need a peaceful nation that exist with a vision..
Biafra and ipob will support unconditionally Niger Delta republic or whatever they chose to call it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by helinues: 11:44am On Oct 07, 2019
bonnylight003:

Una dreams go die before knives n coins sides be notice... People no go just focus on their future.... Na amebo upandan and to the wish fellow humans illluck..
What a tribe?

So wishing/praying is wishing fellow humans illluck..

Broda, fear for fear you ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2019
In Nigeria...the south and east has a common enemies... In Biafra..they minorities will see igbos as common enemies.. ..no matter how ipob wish to structure the government...
Better they have their republic or chose to stay in Nigeria..a landlocked Biafra is a million times better than a Biafra with southern minorities.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by MoonWater: 11:47am On Oct 07, 2019
Kudos OP. This is the most intelligent post I have ever seen about Biafra.
I believe this post was born out of SS brothers denying the existence of any indigenous Igbo in the south south.
No one will appreciate land grabbing. It's good to come to terms with your own reality. You can't force your dreams on SS, the best you can do is appeal to their empathy.
I have been with different tribes in Nigeria, but ONE THING about most Igbos I have encountered is they act like they know everything and the world should bow at their feet. They don't know how to convince and attract people's empathy : an act which the Yorubas has perfected over the ages.

It's only the SS that can determine the success of Biafra. Without them, Biafra is just a joke

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 07, 2019
helinues:

So wishing/praying is wishing fellow humans illluck..

Broda, fear for fear you ooo

Na so we see am..
Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Malawian(m): 11:50am On Oct 07, 2019
The only tribe we "really need"in that "Niger-Delta"is the Ogoni, and that is because they have land border with Igbo enclaves like Bonny and Opobo.

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by Seetto: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2019
kenwhawha:

Afonjad
See Afonja dey call another person afonja undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kalu’s Type Of Biafra Is A Failure!! (with Pix) by selemempe: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2019
bonnylight003:
In Nigeria...the south and east has a common enemies... In Biafra..they minorities will see igbos as common enemies.. ..no matter how ipob wish to structure the government...
Better they have their republic or chose to stay in Nigeria..a landlocked Biafra is a million times better than a Biafra with southern minorities.
loud it till kanu hears it. A landlocked Biafra is better than a Biafra with Niger Delta...
A friendly Niger Delta Republic is better than a bitter, suspicious and secessionist Biafran minorities

If Rwanda is the fastest developing country in Africa, why can't igboland?

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Nigerians Should Support, Vote The Most Prepared Candidate / Speakership: Doguwa, Olawuyi & Yelleman Step Down For Tajudeen Abbas / Hunger Will Soon Vanish – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.