Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

What I Told Ikpeazu About Opportunity Of Being First Ngwa Governor – Engr. Iko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Told Ikpeazu About Opportunity Of Being First Ngwa Governor – Engr. Iko (327 Views)

No Ranching Land In Ebonyi State, Says Governor Engr Dave Umahi / Okorocha: "I Had The Opportunity Of Inspecting EFCC's facilities..." / Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Told Ikpeazu About Opportunity Of Being First Ngwa Governor – Engr. Iko by Metrixnews: 10:06am On Oct 08, 2019
A businessman, Chief Ndukwe Iko has revealed what he said he told the Abia State governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu in their private meeting.

In an interview with ABN TV on Monday, he said during his private discussion with the governor, he told him to make good use of the opportunity he has as the first democratically elected governor of Ngwa extraction to preside over Abia, saying it took Ngwa a long time to produce a governor in the state.

According to Engr. Iko, he also told the governor to carve a niche for himself as the Chief Executive of the state especially in Aba.

He said Aba alone generates revenue that has the capacity to make it a different city from what it is today if properly managed by a good leader.

Iko insisted that if the people see government’s presence around them especially in areas of good road network, steady electricity, water and other social amenities, improved education and regular payment of teachers, they will have the willingness to pay their levies.

He emphasized that if Ikpeazu is not able to change Aba, it will be difficult to get another governor who will pay as much attention as the governor ought to pay.

Source: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/10/what-i-told-ikpeazu-about-opportunity-of-being-first-ngwa-governor-engr-iko-reveals/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: What I Told Ikpeazu About Opportunity Of Being First Ngwa Governor – Engr. Iko by paiz: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2019
cry
Re: What I Told Ikpeazu About Opportunity Of Being First Ngwa Governor – Engr. Iko by hisgrace090: 10:27am On Oct 08, 2019
See the governor pics, he nearly cry do to the advice. Rubbish!

(1) (Reply)

NIWA New MD Resumes Office, Assures Continuity. / Oga Reno, Where Is The Wedding Venue Buhari 2nd Wife? / NMA Visits Ondo, Commends Akeredolu's Health Programmes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.