Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,311 members, 7,842,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (49312 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / I Don't Know The Right Time To Tell My Husband About My Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Shugargal(f): 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

@jieta, I kept the guy you quoted quiet because I don't want to dignify madness. I initially replied his first comment thinking he was joking, I never knew he was ex-raying madness.

To the issue at hand,

My brother, though its painful. After investing much time and energy, I honestly won't have much problem moving on. But my girl? Hmm! I hope she understands quickly.

Thanks though.
Why did you say you won't have much problem moving on? I know you already know what to do and please do it because if you see what those ss kids face, my brother you feel it's better they were not born.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by frozen70g(f): 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:
Greetings to this great house,

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.

Tell her to chose any hospital of her choice for blood group and genotype

Lets her be the one to open the envelope

If you guys can't separate, marry yourselves and adopt children

If you don't like the option and you have money to spend, get a female to donate her egg and your wife will carry the pregnancy

If you can't pick a choice from what I said,

Both of you should not birth a child or children that you all will be subjected to trauma for life
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by aspirebig: 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2019
Is reality of parenthood dawn on you, you will wake up from that infatuation dream.

You wan open eyes father SS abi?

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by kcaller: 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ay04z:
lie

Even my parents are both AS.... we are 8 children and no SS

Me and my babe are both AS..... we will never quit..... not when there are now options to have healthy babies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by bigfrancis21: 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

Thanks.

Try and see a doctor to discuss any latest medical technology or technique that can assist an AS-AS couple to prevent having an SS child. If there is or they can do it and it is guaranteed, then you should have no problems at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by hakimi1974(m): 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Ok, So how best do I part with her, then?

Any suggestion from you?
my brother, you don't want to experience the trauma that comes with raising a child with sickle cell aneamia. I am telling you from experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Angelacruz: 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
Dere is no need...kindly look for an AA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by simeko(m): 12:08am On Oct 09, 2019
[quote author=BroAchival post=82952838]

Sure, I have no option, my brother.

But that girl is 101% a wife material.

Lucky the man who will appreciate and wife her.

Thanks anyway.

[please send me her details for me to continue from where you stopped, Am AA. Let a brother help u out]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by nnahernest(m): 1:02am On Oct 09, 2019
Am a Doctor let us talk 07039476669,chat me on WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by jamestaps619: 1:06am On Oct 09, 2019
Bro Two things are to be made is either u go ahead and adopt a child since u guyz do love each other or if u want to definitely have children u guyz have to leave each other for the sake of ur future kids. take heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by CableWire: 1:11am On Oct 09, 2019
Please can you like this page on facebook and follow up.
Nichole Dietary Consultancy
Genotype is not an ailment. It's total change of lifestyle. Please don't lose your sweetheart because of the dust we are been loaded with by our silent killers (the doctors) who are all out for their pockets.
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by overlord77: 1:13am On Oct 09, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

It's painful dude, but you've got to abort the mission else while you and your love enjoy your lives, a child might be in pain all his life and might eventually depart earth before you two all because of love.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:40am On Oct 09, 2019
BroAchival:

Ok, So how best do I part with her, then?
Any suggestion from you?
Do you love your future children

Don't make a self centered decision today...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Felixausi: 1:53am On Oct 09, 2019
Bro make no decision yet alright and do not talk to her about that yet, we all human. I really blame you for not checking it until now. look for a professional advice ok then make decisions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Damoche10: 2:31am On Oct 09, 2019
banjicom:
embarassed

I know this is very hard for you right now, but bro i beg you to think of your unborn kids! The disadvantages of this genotype issue is far more than the advantage in the long run.

There is no easy way bro, you have too let her know and let her go!

Bringing an healthy child into dis world get e own wahala! Let alone
Giving birth to an SS child, na double wahal be dat o! U don't have to put ur future on luck my brother you will regret it.

Anyway the choice is yours, i wish you the best

Just back from general hospital at 2.26am with a neighbour's daughter that just had crisis. They don't have a car to rush her down, I had to sacrifice. If I were you, I'll sit her down and talk some sense into realities your future holds if you go ahead with marrying her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:39am On Oct 09, 2019
BroAchival:

Hmmmmmmm It's so sad!!!

She rejected ALOT of proposals!!!

Surely, you will need to break it to her but in return, you have to make some sacrifices to balance it up!!!

You will have to pick a suitor that will appreciate her values the way you did only then can the equation balance!!!

You are a man, it will be easy for you to move on, that's the plain truth but if you did not help her out, she might be depressed or commit suicide!!!

For someone you love so much, I think you can do that little!!!

I wish you both happiness and the very best!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ABOVEDELAW: 3:18am On Oct 09, 2019
YOUR SACARSM KNOWS NO BOUND!
Ereolamide:
Bro you don't have to get worried at all. Follow these instructions carefully:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

Note: You have to be 'churchious' to get your desired result.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ngwaba(m): 3:25am On Oct 09, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.
Don't do anything. Since you both do not have any sense then go ahead and marry. Then when you have children both of you should begin to disturb God with your prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by armyofone(m): 3:56am On Oct 09, 2019
His sarcasm was like everlasting life has been guaranteed for him.

Codedone:

shut up jareh, typing like a fool, they are some topics children shouldn't be part of

2 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by olayemioshiyemi: 4:36am On Oct 09, 2019
[quote author=okirewaju post=82952480]To be frank, all I can advice you is to move on. Its not worth it at all.

To be Frank ? How can you be Frank ? I still don't get because the last time I check Frank is a name.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Juliearth(f): 6:04am On Oct 09, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

Finding true love is indeed a blessing. I understand your pain. You can still get married and adopt children.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Cyynywhite: 6:29am On Oct 09, 2019
leave him ASAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by bukolafakeye(m): 6:32am On Oct 09, 2019
Simple Mathematics: Give her your A, collect her S. That makes you SS, and her, AA; and you're good to go.
Thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Successrole(m): 6:54am On Oct 09, 2019
Brother, love conquers it all, only those who believe can attest to this quote. since she is a wife material, love her well, marry her now, love her more and always rehearse on how to cry perfectly together with no one noticing because you will be building a lifetime of tears. less I forget also teach your children this pattern of crying am sure it will benefit them also. I hope I made sense. Don't quote me losers, I wasn't talking to you
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ikpeteboghWG: 7:22am On Oct 09, 2019
My brother I understand you plight, truly is not easy when you finally find someone you truly love.
Anyway there is a current medical solution. When you lady is three month pregnant she will have to go for a test, to know the child’s genotype and this test cost 240k in Lagos.

I hope this will help you man
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ikpeteboghWG: 7:24am On Oct 09, 2019
My brother I understand you plight, truly is not easy when you finally find someone you truly love.
Anyway there is a current medical solution. When you lady is three month pregnant she will have to go for a test, to know the child’s genotype and this test cost 240k in Lagos.

I hope this will help you man [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by fredie107(m): 7:36am On Oct 09, 2019
What do u do? RuN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by saviola1: 8:01am On Oct 09, 2019
don't bring those kids into this world to suffer...I HV been close to ss patients and it's not funny at all...the child can even kill you on the long run for putting him in such condition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Skmoda360(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2019
End of the relationship asap....it will not lead to joy at the end.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by BroAchival: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2019
TruthProphet:

Got a question, why is this genotype/AS/AA issue only coming up in Nigeria. Never heard a white person complain about genotype issues or sickle cell anemia; why only Nigeria?

Hmm!
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Jeffy1206(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2019
Some are lucky out of 4, 1 will be ss... Unlucky ones will be all through ss... Except you are willing to take that risk...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by NomzyJust(m): 8:54am On Oct 09, 2019
Heman7:

YOU ARE SO WICKED

Why can't y'all understand sarcasm?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Please Parent Know This And Be Careful / My Hubby Starves Me Of Sex: What To Do? / Could My Wife Be Cheating With My Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.