Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? (10059 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: 4 Methods Corrupt Nigerians Use To Steal Nigeria's Money / Buhari Plans Mass Retirement Of Corrupt Military Leaders / Sarakis' : The Thieving Slave Masters Of Kwara (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

You are lying through your gap tooth!
You are nearer to your dad than anybody else and stand a better chance of telling him some home truths. The only thing is that the kids are too busy rolling in money to bother, who says looting is not infectious/heriditary.

I never said you are not nearer to your dad, I said you are not easily in a position to be your father's guardian/mentor.

Being near does not put you in a position to guide.

A family elder, a respected friend or his wife (someone with equal or almost equal experience of the world) has a BETTER chance than you in telling him home truths and him accepting. They are likely to command more respect and be able apply indirect moral pressure than you (who he pays the bill for) can.

That is a faulty argument.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 10:21pm On Nov 08, 2010
Kilode?!:

I agree, we need to let the talented rise to the top based on merit, but they too will probably not legislate against their own self interests or against the "animal instinct" you alluded to, that is where social engineers like myself will come in, That is; -to check the excesses of the "elite 5%" cool. Especially those who take so much joy in showing the "lower class" their place wink for good and for bad.

I will take the arguement off this good thread.

I agree.

You will need to find a small band of really altruistic intelligensia to develop and apply checks.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by NubianQ(f): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2010
@Sagamite,

I do get your point however, i hope you can agree with me that the difficult relationships most Nigerian parents have with their children make it hard for hard for them to tell them home truths.

In the end. we are human and yes you are right about mohammed abacha ( oops what was i thinking , lol) you made a point, he was the devils spawn. , but i i think in some cases, there is not much the child can do.

Nigeria is a lovely country with lovely people but in the end greed creeps in slowly. some of us on here may complain about the country but i bet you some people here will
become tommorows leaders and go back on their words.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by ijawgirl: 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2010
We dont care!!! tongue tongue
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 10:27pm On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

I never said you are not nearer to your dad, I said you are not easily in a position to be your father's guardian/mentor.

Being near does not put you in a position to guide.

A family elder, a respected friend or his wife (someone with equal or almost equal experience of the world) has a BETTER chance than you in telling him home truths and him accepting. They are likely to command more respect and apply indirect moral pressure than you can.

That is a faulty argument.

Most corrupt dads listen to their kids more than the old hags they call wives. They may even listen more to the girlfriend than brothers. Kids can get their attention most, what is his money for if the kids reject them?
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2010
NubianQ:

@Sagamite,

I do get your point however, i hope you can agree with me that the difficult relationships most Nigerian parents have with their children make it hard for hard for them to tell them home truths.

In the end. we are human and yes you are right about mohammed abacha ( oops what was i thinking , lol) you made a point, he was the devils spawn. ,  but i i think in some cases, there is not much the child can do.

No doubt. I don't disagree one bit.

Even in the West, it will be tough for a child to castigate a parent, talkless of in Africa where you are brought up to regard your parents as demi-gods.

You will have to have been into maturity, self-dependent and be in a respectable career to be able to engage in such an action, which in Nigeria means most will be in their late 20s to early 30s.

Worse still, for the kids, they might only get to that point based on the immense leverage the father's connections and financial prowess (got from the loot), which makes it even harder for them to now turn around and criticise their father for.

I don't know what invisible is chatting about.

NubianQ:

Nigeria is a lovely country with lovely people but in the end greed creeps in slowly. some of us on here may complain about the country but i bet you some people here will
become tommorows leaders and go back on their words.

A lot of the morons on NL are not much different from their leaders.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by NubianQ(f): 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

Most corrupt dads listen to their kids more than the old hags they call wives. They may even listen more to the girlfriend than brothers. Kids can get their attention most, what is his money for if the kids reject them?

Invincible, OYA!!! GO TO BED OOOOHHH, you are just yarning alot of dung! are you Nigerian? do you know what an african parent is like? you must be watching too many disney movies ( i hope you know what that means),
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

Sorry?

Are you making it up?
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2010
NubianQ:

Invincible,  OYA!!! GO TO BED OOOOHHH,  you are just yarning alot of dung! are you Nigerian? do you know what an african parent is like? you must be watching too many disney movies ( i hope you know what that means),

This is not the first time I am seeing the guy chatting crap:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.128.html#msg6909073

That day he was lucky to retract and acquiesce:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.128.html#msg6909149
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by NubianQ(f): 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

This is not the first time I am seeing the guy chatting crap:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.128.html#msg6909073

That day he was lucky to retract:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.128.html#msg6909149

LOL, He is just wrong, anyway, some people do not get the meaning of having a normal arguement,

Mr Invincible is really what his name is, he does not exist lol

BACK TO THE TOPIC, well, in the end most of thse children get sucked inl like you said. an example is North Korea ( or it is south, i mix them up sometimes) the father has handed power to the Son, what can the boy do except go with the flow even though his dad is a complete pain in the behind to the western world, the only way that country can change is if we change the way we think on many issues. not just about money but a lesson in human interation will be good. after that, we are fine.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by manmustwac(m): 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2010
Interesting stories. I guess their all blinded from reality.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by seyibrown(f): 12:14am On Nov 09, 2010
Of course, they are. Those who know what their parents really are only cover up their shame and guilt with lots of money, generosity (not all though), and friends of the same feather! They feel safer amongst their kind. It is impossible for them to totally disconnect themselves from what their parents do. Even if they refuse any financial support from such parents, deep down inside, they are still ashamed of what their families do!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 12:24am On Nov 09, 2010
@Sagamite and nubian, just admit it, you are very wrong, all kids know the truth early enough and can say things to their parents straight up, unlike wives who are afraid of their 'god' husbands. The corrupt peeps can afford to throw wives away and marry another but cannot throw the kids away.
The kids represent their future! In Africa kids are everything.
It will be meaningless to make all the money in the world and your kids will fight you till death. Maybe you guys are too naive and never heard about kids selling their fathers lands, cars in disobedience. They do these to punish the dad. If these corrupt peeps fear their immediate family, they will be afraid to steal. The only truth is that most of these kids are comfy the way they are and will start to justify their dads way of life with every excuse. As to stopping them, we stand no chance as you can only make noise here and gerrrout.
As for yarning opata, I love to shove it up your azzes till e go pain you. No apologies, me retract my words? You are dreaming.
If my dad steals, I will tell him to his face what a disgrace he was.
Maybe your dad is a thief and you love the loot?
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 12:27am On Nov 09, 2010
I think the shame the kids face is getting worse with the blooming of technology.

The information is now spread wider, faster and is permanently accessible.

These will elongate and rapidify the shame and hurt.

I really wonder how Alamieyesagha kids dealt with, and Ibori kids are dealing, with the humiliation their fathers are bringing to them.

1 Like

Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 12:31am On Nov 09, 2010
invisible!:

@Sagamite and nubian, just admit it, you are very wrong, all kids know the truth early enough and can say things to their parents straight up, unlike wives who are afraid of their 'god' husbands. The corrupt peeps can afford to throw wives away and marry another but cannot throw the kids away.
The kids represent their future! In Africa kids are everything.
It will be meaningless to make all the money in the world and your kids will fight you till death. Maybe you guys are too naive and never heard about kids selling their fathers lands, cars in disobedience. They do these to punish the dad. If these corrupt peeps fear their immediate family, they will be afraid to steal. The only truth is that most of these kids are comfy the way they are and will start to justify their dads way of life with every excuse. As to stopping them, we stand no chance as you can only make noise here and gerrrout.
As for yarning opata, I love to shove it up your azzes till e go pain you. No apologies, me retract my words? You are dreaming.
If my dad steals, I will tell him to his face what a disgrace he was.
Maybe your dad is a thief and you love the loot?

Are you retarded!!!

Kids sell their father's land and car to "punish their parents"?

Do you have cements for brains?

Kids tell parents what to do in Africa?
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 12:38am On Nov 09, 2010
Sagamite:

Are you retarded!!!

Kids sell their father's land and car to "punish their parents"?

Do you have cements for brains?

Kids tell parents what to do in Africa?

Are you an slowpoke?
Kids even run away from home to hurt parents!
Did they stuff tissue paper into the space your brain was supposed to be?
Children can talk to their parents except they are toddlers.
If you are too weak to confront your own dad who is a thief, just sharrrrap and sit down!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 09, 2010
Sagamite:

Now, Mohammed Abacha is perfect example of those that need to be castigated.
I would love to see this arsehole kidnapped and slowly tortured to death.
The retard is unrepentant about his father's activities and even had the guts to state that his father made £100m from legitimate business before becoming Thief of Staff and Head of Steal.
Now he has the audacity to want to use the same loot to be Governor of Kano. I bet he will achieve it considering that the retarded leaders in Kano still deem it fit to have a government stadium named after a man that has been proven to be a thief and murderer.
See how confused, bitter and twisted you sound. Do you even know this guy personally to be talking like a psychopath?
However all sons should be able to tell their fathers home-truths regardless of the consequences. To suggest otherwise is pure nonsense. I was certainly not raised that way.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 1:04am On Nov 09, 2010
Some of us watch our father steal, our uncles loot, our brother rob and kidnap, and we pretend we dont see anything wrong. But if its our money stolen, our relatives kidnapped, we scream blue murder.
Some of us here attend foreign schools with looted funds and live in foreign mansions with blood money and yet yab the govt everyday from abroad! How wicked can that be? Tell your people the truth.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 1:18am On Nov 09, 2010
invisible!:

Are you an slowpoke?
If you are too weak to confront your own dad who is a thief, just sharrrrap and sit down!

I can spot morons in a fraction of a second. That is why I took note of your name when you said Ibru stole for good reasons. I knew there and then that you were major league dumb.

Children can castigate their parents once they are not toddlers? What a retard!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 1:20am On Nov 09, 2010
tensor777:

See how confused, bitter and twisted you sound. Do you even know this guy personally to be talking like a psychopath?
However all sons should be able to tell their fathers home-truths regardless of the consequences. To suggest otherwise is pure nonsense. I was certainly not raised that way.

Amsorry!

Explain to me what is there to know about a guy that shamelessly is trying to protect the billions his father stole from a nation.

I wait.

How many sons in Nigeria or Africa do you know that are raised to tell their parents home truths when they are dependent on that parent?

I wait.

Please educate me.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by NubianQ(f): 1:25am On Nov 09, 2010
tensor777:

invisible!:

Are you an slowpoke?

TENSOR777 AND INVINCIBLE!!! RE YOU GUYS JUST DAFT? OR ARE YOU HIGH ON CHLOROQUINE? you guys sound sooo dumb you make retards feel good, rubbish boys,

@Sagamite, pls ignore them,
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by seyibrown(f): 1:30am On Nov 09, 2010
While one might not be able to 'tell' one's parents to stop doing certain things, one can still be a voice of reason. You can still be their conscience. I always voiced my opinion and gave arguments while growing up. I had a say in my parents staying together when I was at 14, and again when I was 22 (with the support of my two younger sisters). We presented an argument my dad could not defeat. It wasn't difficult because my parents always taught us to do right and we always brought their attention to it when we 'felt' they were not doing right. By the time you say it 'jokingly' some ten times, they will realise you will not stop being their 'conscience'!

It is disgraceful not to listen to reason from one's children/spouse but accept it when an outsider speaks it!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by occam(m): 4:44am On Nov 09, 2010
This is one of the moral quagmires that confront Nigerians; we should always be guided by conscience and the need to stand by what we believe to be right. The children are the key beneficiaries of the parents’ criminal activities and must equally share in any shame and embarrassment. I’ve not met any of these kids and don’t care to know them.

By having any personal relationship with these kids, you’ve acquiesce with the parent’s crimes and may have surrendered some moral ground in fighting corruption

@Sagamite the OP, I believe your continued friendship with the individual you mentioned is wrong. Yes, he/she may be a great individual, but I can never reconcile my conscience with the injustice inflicted by his/her parents. You need to make them look in the mirror everyday and hate the privileged upbringing they enjoyed and the misery other children faced as a result of their parents’ criminal activities.

I will sacrifice my friendship with him/her, regardless of how difficult it may be, instead of the path you choice. (bolded statement)

I just quickly adjusted and said "Enough said, you don't need to explain yourself, forget about it" so as not to make the person feel embarassed or uncomfortable. We are still very very good friends.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by cityofsin: 6:42am On Nov 09, 2010
Long time reader first time poster

I am the child of wealthy parents. Father was/is the head of a huge multinational firm in Nigeria. Fortunately/unfortunately, 99% of my friends come from wealthy families (children of businessmen, ceos, politicians etc). Even amongst the wealthy, there is a clear divide between corporate rich and political rich. kids of corporate folks usually have parents who have worked hard their entire careers, smart and went to top schools while on the political side, its mostly the opposite.

Face reality people. This is how it is all over the world. less than 1% of a countrys population usually controls 99% of the wealth and that is how its going to be. I do have to say it is rather disgusting and shows jealousy if you feel all of us are clueless about the state of Nigeria (especially thoser of us that grew up in Nigeria) and things that go on. Yes I do have my fair share of friends who are clueless but a vast majority of my people are very intelligent and very good people. Its funny because I am friends with most of the people you guys mention and they are good people. Yes I do have a few friends who are not wealthy and while we do get along well, at the end the day, human beings like being around and socializing with people who are like them.

To my last point, anyone who doesnt make use of their connections to move up in life is a clear idiot. success in life is not necessarily being smart or hardworking. Its luck, knowing people and being in the right place at the right time.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 7:04am On Nov 09, 2010
Sagamite:

I can spot morons in a fraction of a second. That is why I took note of your name when you said Ibru stole for good reasons. I knew there and then that you were major league dumb.

Children can castigate their parents once they are not toddlers? What a retard!

The biggest problem I have seen in Nigeria is our inability to confront truth, especially when it concerns us. We will twist, turn, weave and struggle to justify the unjustifiable even where its clear our rump is naked. Thats the main problem we have.
The only people who can stop crime surely are people closest to criminals, by appealing to their conscience and trying to make them see things from a moral point of view. I have siblings that became born again by 7-12 years and can talk to me and my parents about moral issues with firmness, backed with bible quotes. Now all these political thieves attend religious service with their kids, is it so difficult to point out to him how he is doing the opposite.

The day we pick enough courage to confront our brothers who are thives, the nation will change. Every governor, senator, LG chaiman etc have brothers, kids and we should step up to them and tell them the truth. If you cannot do that and sits to enjoy the loot, you are no different from your parent/relative who steals.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Ibime(m): 7:26am On Nov 09, 2010
^Sharrrraaaaaaaaap dia!

I'm sure you enjoy the nice car, highbrow homes and Western education, then coming here to yarn megedefegede about bible quotes.

If you find the actions of your ole barawo father truly morally reprehensible, then don't be a conduit for his stashed loots. These Governor pickin go dey yarn nonsense about not agreeing with their pops stealing, yet the house is in their name, their bank account is deposited with stolen dollars. Very few have the courage to reject these stolen comforts, then them go come her dey yarn nonsense about bible quotes.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by asha80(m): 7:37am On Nov 09, 2010
Ibime:

^Sharrrraaaaaaaaap dia!

I'm sure you enjoy the nice car, highbrow homes and Western education, then coming here to yarn megedefegede about bible quotes.

If you find the actions of your ole barawo father truly morally reprehensible, then don't be a conduit for his stashed loots. These Governor pickin go dey yarn nonsense about not agreeing with their pops stealing, yet the house is in their name, their bank account is deposited with stolen dollars. Very few have the courage to reject these stolen comforts, then them go come her dey yarn nonsense about bible quotes.

I tire for that guy yarns.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2010
Ibime:

^Sharrrraaaaaaaaap dia!

Are you crazzy? You are saying what am saying and still disagree with me? Thats a sign of madness. Read my posts again, did I say my parents had ever been politicians? Or you are high on something?
Read my previous posts before going crazy because your babe refused you phuck! And I used to respect you from the sports section? Chai! You just disappointed me over your level of intelligence. Am not from rich parents, all I have, I made them clean in naija here.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2010
asha 80:

I tire for that guy yarns.
Thank you, just get tired but pick the lesson, if you have corrupt parents, just remember to tell them the truth and save us all from una thieving papa.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by asha80(m): 7:51am On Nov 09, 2010
invisible!:

Are you crazzy? You are saying what am saying and still disagree with me? Thats a sign of madness. Read my posts again, did I say my parents had ever been politicians? Or you are high on something?
Read my previous posts before going crazy because your babe refused you phuck! And I used to respect you from the sports section? Chai! You just disappointed me over your level of intelligence. Am not from rich parents, all I have, I made them clean in naija here.

i do not think he is refering to you.I think he was refering to @cityofsin.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Ibime(m): 7:53am On Nov 09, 2010
^^

Uh. . .OK. The way you talk in the first person (using we and me, instead of them) for this thread, I think say na your papa dey stash loot. No blame me jor. You have not communicated very clearly.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 7:58am On Nov 09, 2010
Ibime:

^^

Uh. . .OK. The way you talk in the first person (using we and me, instead of them) for this thread, I think say na your papa dey stash loot. No blame me jor. You have not communicated very clearly.

Am sorry for what I said earlier, we are blues na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lower All Flag For Ojukwu And Declare A National Holiday by Musiwa / Lagos Records 200 Motorcycle Accidents Monthly – Sanwo-Olu / Osinbajo: We Miss Ajimobi’s Wisdom In Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.