Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? (10057 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: 4 Methods Corrupt Nigerians Use To Steal Nigeria's Money / Buhari Plans Mass Retirement Of Corrupt Military Leaders / Sarakis' : The Thieving Slave Masters Of Kwara (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Mobinga: 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2010
Subscribed.
I want to see how Sagamite verbally rapes anyone who posts thrash on his topic cool
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by slap1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2010
I don't see the possibility of any sane (or insane) person posting poo here. The thread is neither provoking nor subjective.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by monkeyleg: 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ hercules07,

No it was the governor of an eastern state. Wonderful girl, showed so much respect, but people just loved her for her humility. Her father was an upright man
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Mobinga: 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2010
slap1:

I don't see the possibility of any sane (or insane) person posting poo here. The thread is neither provoking nor subjective.

I see a possibility.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by martinosi: 10:40am On Nov 08, 2010
Woke4all:

They don't care!

This is kind of true, they are really indifferent, their are two Penticostal
churches in North London where the children of Politicians that have defrauded
the Nation attend, they plenty for those two churches, i will not call the churches out,

the kids are just indifferent to the situation,

I went to this Guys house house in Surrey, who father is a former Politician
and on the dinner table was a cheque payable to him for £500,000 pounds
sterling!!! Its was like a "token" according to him!!!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by AjanleKoko: 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2010
Don't think they care much either way.
I guess it's outside Nigeria they mix with ordinary folk like you guys. In Nigeria, they stay within their tight circle, and fraternize only with fellow rich kids/looter's kidz. Even in the corporate establishment, they try hard to not mix with their regular naija colleagues.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by ifyalways(f): 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2010
lol @ Thread.
I remember having a friend who happens to be a daughter of a one time Guv,then i ofcos did not know who she was.Unfortunately too,that same period,teachers were on strike cos of unpaid salaries and my mum was a teacher.
So,this babe came to take me out,she was driving and i was bored so i started talking abt politicians,teachers and all.LOL,i was so mad,was cussing and dissing the gov,his family and children. shocked
This babe,cudnt take it anymore,next thing i noticed,she swerved off the road and was in tears.When i asked her what was wrong with her,she was like . ."how wud i feel if someone sits in my car and right at my face be cursing and dissing my whole family for a sin of their dad" lol
Long of story was,she claimed she did not know teachers Salo was unpaid and promised to talk with her dad.
I think most of them have no idea of what life really is,some others might know but they are just indifferent.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by jaybee3(m): 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2010
Grew up with some who mingled with IBB and MKO back in the days.
Let's say they are just clueless as they've had it so easy all their respective lives.

I know a certain daughter of one of the then top ranking Naval officer that made a fully loaded oil ship disappear. Heard she once bought a £60K merc for her bf. At the end of the day it's not their sin and dats how they certainly view it.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by monkeyleg: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2010
I met an ex-gov of one of those eastern states, who was notoriuos for not paying his staff especially teachers. The kids had been sent to abroad by his thieveing dad to school while everyone else languished. Anyway he came up to me to introduce himself, and I bet bet you he didnt get the best of receptions from me.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by silami(m): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
It surely affects the children. sometimes i felt why was i born into this family? I once told my father not to send me any money cos he was corrupt. I worked hard to sustain myself until we parted ways for some reasons but he is still my father, which i can't do anything about.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2010
If we dont take time ,they will continue to rule ,like in kwara ,father to son and sister is next.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2010
silami:

It surely affects the children. sometimes i felt why was i born into this family? I once told my father not to send me any money cos he was corrupt. I worked hard to sustain myself until we parted ways for some reasons but he is still my father, which i can't do anything about.

That is what I expected from some.

The person I know too was quite bothered. (S)he and other siblings have disconnected from the father now and are working hard on their own and decided to stay outside Nigeria. The father was pissed for years before the disconnect as he was telling them to return home so he can set them up, but they have no interest in Nigeria, not a single one of them. These kids ALL attended the top unis in the West and are well read about the issues and suffering that face Africans and have a conscience that one of theirs is a contributor.

The person is not leaving off the money at the mo. Does not even have a car and making humble livings.

If not that the person had my confidence from years of close association in university, I don't think (s)he would have much Naija friends, I am one of the very few typical Naija pals (s)he has. (S)he moves with people of other nations, cousins and also is friends with my friends from the same uni but those ones are not really Nigerianish in any way. (S)he does not move with other corrupt people's kids at all.

Obviously there is another class of kids that just ride on the money and really do not care.

1 Like

Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by mbulela: 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2010
This thread is giving me migraine.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Kilode1: 7:45pm On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

the kind of situation you can let go and let them know they are a thief's offspring.

My friend said the girl regaled to him how when she was dating the guy and used to visit him in their Bishop's Avenue apartment, (let me just introduce you guys to this avenue first):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop%27s_Avenue,_The

She used to see a cheque in his name for £2m just lying on top of a table, not even hidden. It was on the table for 3 weeks without the guy even bothering to cash it. Which is somewhat indicative of how insignificant the sum is to the guy. And the house? Don't even bother commenting. There is a reason it is on Bishop's Avenue.

I puked.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Kilode1: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

Examples of how Nigerians are flenjouring in Bishop's Avenue.

Here are a Nigerian Couple that bought a £3m house on the Avenue and abandoned it. Maybe the EFCC was on their case:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertynews/5835557/Squatters-occupy-3m-home-on-millionaires-row.html

Crooks like Abacha and IBB also have houses there:

http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/5470-SANI-ABACHA-THE-LESSON-ALL-FAIL-LEARN.html

Otedola has one too:

http://www.zimbio.com/President+Olusegun+Obasanjo/articles/puhyitE5sa_/Meet+Roguish+Nigerian+Billionaire+Femi+Otedola

And they do not even live there. It is empty most of the time:

http://us.ft.com/ftgateway/superpage.ft?news_id=fto062320070743141364&page=1

I'm trying hard not to retch.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Kilode1: 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

That is what I expected.

The person I know too was quite bothered. (S)he and other siblings have disconnected from the father now and are working hard on their own and decided to stay outside Nigeria. The father was pissed for years before the disconnect as he was telling them to return home so he can set them up, but they have no interest in Nigeria, not a single one of them. These kids ALL attended the top unis in the West and are well read about the issues and suffering that face Africans and have a conscience that one of theirs is a contributor

Obviously there is another class of kids that just ride on the money and really do not care.

Brave thread! and good job on the anecdotal personal experience bits

Saga, Will you now consider classism as an evil we need to destroy? or at least weaken as much as we can? Or all these vulgar despicable leeches are simply classless morons?

I'm kinda holding out hope that we might be able to recruit you to the destroy classism side, we will feed you as many morons as you want wink But let's weaken class. It will not completely stop the Rot but it will leave these disgusting parasites less room to roam and less excuses to latch on to.

I know it sounds like sheer idealism, but it will keep me from vomiting.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2010
Kilode?!:

Brave thread! and good job on the anecdotal personal experience bits

Saga, Will you now consider classism as an evil we need to destroy? or at least weaken as much as we can? Or all these vulgar despicable leeches are simply classless morons?

I'm kinda holding out hope that we might be able to recruit you to the destroy classism side, we will feed you as many morons as you want wink But let's weaken class. It will not completely stop the Rot but it will leave these disgusting parasites less room to roam and less excuses to latch on to.

I know it sounds like sheer idealism, but it will keep me from vomiting.

As much as your offer of abundant supply of morons for my slaughter blocks has got me secreting saliva out of anticipation,  cheesy I still stand by the need of classes.

1) Classism is a natural evolution of animals in natural societal interactions. Any attempt at social engineering to eliminate it will destroy//reduce/minimise value in a society.

2) People are not the equal, we need to let the talented get to top and handle affairs. The keyword is talented, so it should be on merit, not on genes.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by room702(m): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2010
it affects them but they try to hide it by all means. They can't do anything about what their thieving people are doing even if they want to because that would mean the end of all the money and luxurious things they have and enjoy plus they could go to jail.
I know people that know people that know some of them and they are nice people. they are very generous and really friendly. you won't be able to accuse them or talk bad about their parents because they are just too nice. and they dont broadcast themselves becasue they know that might lead to danger, they do get lashed at once in a while but they definately don't fight and if it gets a bit ugly people around call the police, they are usually surrounded by uncles or staffs in their big mansion in the posh area of town.   i once back in the day dated an ex-governor's daughter. wink
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by EzeUche0(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2010
I actually know a good amount of these kids as well. Maybe, because my family is very close with the families of certain politicians. (Not naming any names) Some of them are down to Earth. The others think they are high and mighty. While you have some who do not want to be associated with their families. Orji Kalu's daughter is a very nice person. If I had my chance, I would marry her in a heartbeat.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by olaolabiy: 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
They have surely stolen Godliness out of Nigeria. I don't want to reveal anything on this thread. Saga has done a good job.

But, Nairalanders, it is a really sad situation. And, I know what I am talking about.

They own large, beautiful piles in the UK. I mean almost all of these idiots --- past and present.

Properties that worth millions of pounds.

It is unbelievable. I don't see how the country can recover from how badly it has been robbed.

I mean brazen wealth. O ga oo.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by monkeyleg: 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2010
It is good that we have all had personal experiences, and feel it right to share. In most of the post what I garther is need to set things straight. Not quite sure how we would go about claiming back what is rightfully every Nigerians, I think I will leave that might work to the Lord. But we can all do our little bit by voting the right people in. This nonsense cant go on forever. We must not allow it to be business as usual.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by olaolabiy: 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2010
^^^^^

Your vote counts NOT.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by monkeyleg: 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2010
@ola olabiy,

My vote counts not, because the vast majority of Nigerians are not prepared to do the right thing. We think freedom and good governance come for free. Nigerians need to learn how to earn things, and fight for our right. That why we are all on here discussion how big thieves are stealing your money and mine, and we can do absolutely nothing, but discuss how it affects the kids
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2010
monkeyleg:

@ola olabiy,

My vote counts not, because the vast majority of Nigerians are not prepared to do the right thing. We think freedom and good governance come for free. Nigerians need to learn how to earn things, and fight for our right. That why we are all on here discussion how big thieves are stealing your money and mine, and we can do absolutely nothing, but discuss how it affects the kids

Are you based in Nigeria?
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by NubianQ(f): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2010
I think that the parents have nothing to do with the child. The Parents can only do what they can within their capacity as they are human. i personally do not see any shame with anyone being the child of a corrupt person and i do not believe in the "sins of the father" saying. i think as adults we come to the world for a purpose and walk on our own paths.

These people that we call corrupt are the only parents that this children have grown to love so  at the end of the day they do not have a choice but to love them as they are no matter what it is. In Abachas case, noone is denying that people where not affected by him, however, i will not judge his children until they prove otherwise.

in some cases thse children come out come and in some cases these children turn out bad. sometimes they are shunned by society and surrounded by people who do not guide them through the right path. we all will be mothers and fathers and will make mistakes the most important thing is to hope that our children are able to live their own lives uninterrupted or affected by our actions.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
NubianQ:

I think that the parents have nothing to do with the child. The Parents can only do what they can within their capacity as they are human. i personally do not see any shame with anyone being the child of a corrupt person and i do not believe in the "sins of the father" saying. i think as adults we come to the world for a purpose and walk on our own paths.

These people that we call corrupt are the only parents that this children have grown to love so  at the end of the day they do not have a choice but to love them as they are no matter what it is. In Abachas case, noone is denying that people where not affected by him, however, i will not judge his children until they prove otherwise.

in some cases thse children come out come and in some cases these children turn out bad. sometimes they are shunned by society and surrounded by people who do not guide them through the right path. we all will be mothers and fathers and will make mistakes the most important thing is to hope that our children are able to live their own lives uninterrupted or affected by our actions.

If your father catches you selling your body or doing crack and fails to advice you, he is a heartless father.
If you know your father is a thief and you fail to reprimand/cut him off, you are desperately wicked.

1 Like

Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by andyanders: 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2010
NOT IN NIGERIA. IF YOU LIKE HANG THERE FATHER'S ON AIR, THERE CHILDREN WILL BE WAITING OUTSIDE FOR YOU TO BRING HIM DOWN AND A PARTY WILL BE THROWN AND ALL BIG POLITICIANS WILL SURFACE. JUST WAIT FOR THE DAY, CECILIA IBRU WILL COME OUT,  SHE WILL GO TO CHURCH AND DO THANKSGIVING AND DRAW THE BIG WIGS AROUND. NIGERIA, JUST TRY AND STEAL ENOUGH MONEY, YOU WILL BE CELEBRATED. A THIEF IN NIGERIA MUST HAVE AN AWARD AS MON,OFN.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 10:04pm On Nov 08, 2010
NubianQ:

These people that we call corrupt are the only parents that this children have grown to love so  at the end of the day they do not have a choice but to love them as they are no matter what it is.

That is true. I only judge them based on the air they exude despite this.

If they are a show-off, ostentaciously prancing around town and behaving like if because of the flashy possessions they have they are achievers, then I think it is fair to deal with them like if they are the criminal especially when they are of age, i.e. over-21.

NubianQ:

In Abachas case, noone is denying that people where not affected by him, however, i will not judge his children until they prove otherwise.

Now, Mohammed Abacha is perfect example of those that need to be castigated.

I would love to see this arsehole kidnapped and slowly tortured to death.

The retard is unrepentant about his father's activities and even had the guts to state that his father made £100m from legitimate business before becoming Thief of Staff and Head of Steal.

Now he has the audacity to want to use the same loot to be Governor of Kano. I bet he will achieve it considering that the retarded leaders in Kano still deem it fit to have a government stadium named after a man that has been proven to be a thief and murderer.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

If your father catches you selling your body or doing crack and fails to advice you, he is a heartless father.
If you know your father is a thief and you fail to reprimand/cut him off, you are desperately wicked.

Rubbish!

You are not easily in a position to be your father's guardian/mentor, whilst the reverse is the case.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

Rubbish!

You are not easily in a position to be your father's guardian/mentor, whilst the reverse is the case.

You are lying through your gap tooth!
You are nearer to your dad than anybody else and stand a better chance of telling him some home truths. The only thing is that the kids are too busy rolling in money to bother, who says looting is not infectious/heriditary.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Kilode1: 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2010
Sagamite:

As much as your offer of abundant supply of morons for my slaughter blocks has got me secreting saliva out of anticipation,  cheesy I still stand by the need of classes.

1) Classism is a natural evolution of animals in natural societal interactions. Any attempt at social engineering to eliminate it will destroy//reduce/minimise value in a society.

2) People are not the equal, we need to let the talented get to top and handle affairs. The keyword is talented, so it should be on merit, not on genes.

I agree, we need to let the talented rise to the top based on merit, but they too will probably not legislate against their own self interests or against the "animal instinct" you alluded to, that is where social engineers like myself will come in, That is; -to check the excesses of the "elite 5%" cool. Especially those who take so much joy in showing the "lower class" their place wink for good and for bad.

I will take the arguement off this good thread.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by NubianQ(f): 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

@Invincible, first of all clear the cobwebs from your brain. i aired an opinion. i get it that you are ingnorant and shallow, you do not need to tell me more. however it would have been nice if made your comments in a better way. you call me wicked without knowing me, hahaha, nairaland psycho, ok matey, here is how it will go, if you hate a comment ,you should use your brain by starting with "i disagree" instead of sounding like an out of tune donkey.

Now make your point or go to bed,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? / Conflicting Judgments: Sheriff Petitions CJN, Buhari / Ajaokuta Steel To Operate At Full Capacity By 2017 – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.