Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,093 members, 7,845,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem (20718 Views)

My Husband Has 2 Children With His Spiritual Mother's Daughter / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / Gloria Akuffo: I Had My Children With People's Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Amarabae(f): 6:16am On Oct 10, 2019
When they make mistakes, don't shame them.
Correct them.
Very educative thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 10, 2019
flog them. but the right way sha
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by QuickStandard: 6:21am On Oct 10, 2019
Nice article.

Also remember, spare the rod and spoil the child.

3 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by ayogabriel: 6:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Gentlemanforyou:

You deserve to be banished

Reason I am not having those little imps
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by shaggy007(m): 6:27am On Oct 10, 2019
vibbb:
Good. But #5 should not be over emphasized.
Teaching a child self independence can be cool but there are exceptions when it comes to some areas:
* Remember nobody's has the monopoly of knowledge and wisdom, at a point in their lives they will have to open up to depends on someone guides, experience and expertise maybe via career, marriage or otherwise.

** It takes two to tangle, you have to teach your child that a point in life he/she has to depends on their partner (Husband/Wife) not in the case of entitlement but in raising a strong, healthy and loving family. An independent woman doesn't need a man; An independent man those not deserve a woman.
Most of the family crisis is blame on how parents tends to train their kids, orientation that has been installed in them becomes more difficult to uninstall as years pass by. A single parent or a child from a broken home tends to have this independence life style in marriage; therefore, setting up a healthy relationship via marriage becomes a problem because the orientation they have.

Note: When teaching your child independence endeavor to make a clear exception in some areas especially when setting up a family (marriage).

Good writeup.

You wrote from experience

And you know what they say, experience is the best teacher.

Experience will teach your kids better than anything

Just for the record, it takes two to tango... Not tangle

7 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Timothyoj(m): 6:35am On Oct 10, 2019
Darevofpeace:

(1)Show compassionate love

Children are so lovely, they reciprocates back to the society what they see there parents doing right in the family.
Showing your children real and compassionate love makes them emotional secured and to believe in themselves.

Good job brother...

(2)Teach them daily tasks.

Children should be raised up by teaching them how to work diligently with there hands and mind.
Teach your children that hardwork pays and that in the real life scenario,uneasy lies the head that would desires a crown.
Teach them how to set goals and put a specific deadlines to all set goals.

(3)Teach them to make integrity based decisions.

Children should be taught how to think and not what to think.
We are in a time where fatherly roles are been eroded away.
Children should be taught how to do things right and not be influenced by peer pressures.
Children should be taught not to follow the crowd to do evil and that they should stand out when they are happy with decisions been proposed by there friends.

(4)Teach them delayed gratifications

We are in the era of 'fast and furious' people want to achieve a ten years goals within six months.
Human wants instant life results like an instant coffee, and have no tolerance for patience.
Children should not be given everything they asked from the parents.
The bad effect of giving your child all things he/she requested is painting a picture that life would give them everything without a struggle to work hard for it.
The long term effects of this is more pronounced after the death of the irresponsible parents who had raised a none diligent children.

(5)Teach them an independent lifestyle.

In the journey of life,two is a crowd in destiny.
All parents must teach there children to always stand out amidst the crowd.
Learning a life of not depending on others by children accelerates there emotional maturity and intelligence.
They should learn proper accountability to themselves and to the society.
Parents should teach there children that it's okay for them to have a private life of there own.
Children should learn from there parents that it's okay not to follow the crowd to do evil.

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by mabea: 6:47am On Oct 10, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
I couldn't agree more especially oshiomhole, that man's confidence is what I aspire to be in life
Then you should aspire to be a short person first, if you do you may even wield more confidence than oshiomole if you doubt me check out short people.

3 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by starbright4real(m): 6:59am On Oct 10, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by RICHOLAC(m): 7:06am On Oct 10, 2019
It's Okay, but above all teach them the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by ayogabriel: 7:26am On Oct 10, 2019
RICHOLAC:
It's Okay, but above all teach them the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Teach them to be open minded, ability to learn and unlearn

2 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by duality(m): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2019
vibbb:
Good. But #5 should not be over emphasized.
Teaching a child self independence can be cool but there are exceptions when it comes to some areas:
* Remember nobody's has the monopoly of knowledge and wisdom, at a point in their lives they will have to open up to depends on someone guides, experience and expertise maybe via career, marriage or otherwise.

** It takes two to tango, you have to teach your child that a point in life he/she has to depends on their partner (Husband/Wife) not in the case of entitlement but in raising a strong, healthy and loving family. An independent woman doesn't need a man; An independent man those not deserve a woman.
Most of the family crisis is blame on how parents tends to train their kids, orientation that has been installed in them becomes more difficult to uninstall as years pass by. A single parent or a child from a broken home tends to have this independence life style in marriage; therefore, setting up a healthy relationship via marriage becomes a problem because the orientation they have.

Note: When teaching your child independence endeavor to make a clear exception in some areas especially when setting up a family (marriage).

You don't don't just programme yourself to depend on someone, be it your wife or husband.

1 Like

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Darevofpeace(m): 7:55am On Oct 10, 2019
DOMINGOPAPI:

My mom was a teacher ,Counsellor but religious, maybe influenced by church doctrines and my step sisters crude lifestyle and disposition to stuffs.

I am still living with the downside of the past.

It's never too late to begin again.

2 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Jaqenhghar: 7:57am On Oct 10, 2019
[right][/right]
Darevofpeace:

Children are so lovely, they reciprocates back to the society what they see there parents doing right in the family.
Showing your children real and compassionate love makes them emotional secured and to believe in themselves.

Children should be raised up by teaching them how to work diligently with there hands and mind.
Teach your children that hardwork pays and that in the real life scenario,uneasy lies the head that would desires a crown.

Children should be taught how to do things right and not be influenced by peer pressures.
Children should be taught not to follow the crowd to do evil and that they should stand out when they are happy with decisions been proposed by there friends.

We are in the era of 'fast and furious' people want to achieve a ten years goals within six months.
Human wants instant life results like an instant coffee, and have no tolerance for patience.
The bad effect of giving your child all things he/she requested is painting a picture that life would give them everything without a struggle to work hard for it.
The long term effects of this is more pronounced after the death of the irresponsible parents who had raised a none diligent children.

Learning a life of not depending on others by children accelerates there emotional maturity and intelligence.
Parents should teach there children that it's okay for them to have a private life of there own.
Children should learn from there parents that it's okay not to follow the crowd to do evil.

6. Dont raise them in Niggeria
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Odunolumide(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2019
Are u jw ? I'm sure the source is a recent JW magazine

1 Like

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2019
Dozie32:
Good morning from Yankee, my fellow nairalanders.
Posting time 5.19am Nigeria time or from where in continental USA?
Post and pose
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by gly(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2019
Darevofpeace:

Nairaland is gradually reflecting what is expected of her.
Indeed this new platform/interface has reset Nairaland for good.
Kudos to you the OP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by lollybizzu(m): 8:13am On Oct 10, 2019
There are the kind of things we want to read here smiley
God bless OP.

Don't also forget to teach them to trust in God for everything in life even while they diligently work at those things.

When you teach them to go to God directly for their needs, you see doors opening easily for you as their father/mother because you're the best person in the position to be used by God to meet those needs.

Teach them to look out for Good values before making friends.

God bless all responsible parents out there.

2 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by abbatoir(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2019
Good
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by lollybizzu(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2019
BENARI:

O.p, next time illustrate your point, it will be more helpful.

Haha what more illustrations do you need?

Even the pointers self explanatory.

Just read through again, with time you'll grab.

2 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Darevofpeace(m): 8:55am On Oct 10, 2019
gly:

Nairaland is gradually reflecting what is expected of her.
Indeed this new platform/interface has reset Nairaland for good.
Kudos to you the OP

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Stillthebest: 9:03am On Oct 10, 2019
kiss

And stop beating them, or shout at them when you don't have to. Many times, my mom had beaten me when i didnt know why. Almost ruined my self esteem at a younger age. But for my God given intelligence I wouldn't have been what I am.

3 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Gokoyer0(m): 9:07am On Oct 10, 2019
Ok.
Darevofpeace:

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Darevofpeace(m): 9:08am On Oct 10, 2019
After four years I joined nairaland with over 150 personally written articles, the moderator moved my topic to the front page.

1 Like

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Darevofpeace(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2019
Odunolumide:
Are u jw ?
I'm sure the source is a recent JW magazine
The article is mine.I uploaded it immediately after I wrote it.

1 Like

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by uruego(f): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2019
so many grammatical blunders, you try
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Darevofpeace(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2019
shaggy007:

Good writeup.

You wrote from experience

And you know what they say, experience is the best teacher.

Experience will teach your kids better than anything

Just for the record, it takes two to tango... Not tangle
Experience might not necessarily be the best teacher, evaluated experience is the best teacher.
Some still repeats past mistakes.
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Darevofpeace(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2019
uruego:
so many grammatical blunders, you try
Thanks all the same.
Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by shaggy007(m): 9:53am On Oct 10, 2019
Darevofpeace:

Experience might not necessarily be the best teacher, evaluated experience is the best teacher.
Some still repeats past mistakes.

True that.

But remember, you can train a child all you want.

When that child goes out in the world, he/she starts learning from experience.

We were taught that children are the leaders of tomorrow... Is that still true?

We were taught that education is the key to success... Is that still true?

So many things are changing.

Only experience will teach you how to adapt to the change

6 Likes

Re: Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem by Tonnyray: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2019
Darevofpeace:

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem
Beautiful piece OP.
I'm surprised it made front page. We had resigned to having cleavage, BBN, rape, slay queen, snake stories there.
GOD is gradually answering our prayers.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow / Missing Person Please Help (pic added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.