Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction (15849 Views)

Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction / Amaechi, Gbemi Saraki Inspects Ongoing Lagos- Ibadan Modern Railway Construction / NNPC Signs $3.15bn Financing For OML 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Seunpaul01(m): 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
The is a very absurd and outrageous price. U will only see a project worth less than a quarter of that price. Is it light railway like the one in Japan they want to do. SMH for this nation.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by LordPsalm(m): 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
AND NO SOUTH EASTERN STATE ON THE PLAN.
BRING ON BIAFRA ASAP

1 Like

Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Senudi96(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
My question is are we so poor we can't finance a project 100%? How about the billions they make from crude oil sales? Someone should give me answers oh.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Abuloma80(f): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
MobilityExpress:
$3.9b for how many kilometers of rail? Las las, na 1996 second hand train dey will still buy on top. Too much scam for this country. They have turned rail projects to another cash cow. Otherwise with $3.9b they should be able to build rails for the whole North lipsrsealed

That's exactly my thought. This is a line within just the same district obviously not more 100km but the country is going to face a loan repayment for a whole 30 years! So what happens when it comes to longer routes of 1,000km.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Realdeals(m): 10:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
Did China took this path to develop their own infrastructure? Nigeria is being sold to China unknownly, until we internalize our infrastructure development, we are going no where.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by AnthonyAk(m): 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
so we dont own the assets until after 30 years?
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by rottennaija(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2019
Blue3k:

You dont know whst you're talking about. The FG had commited any investment Bakkasi seaport. Ibom deep seaport is partnership between state and FG. Also the Ibom already has preferred bidder.

Keep dreaming. Udom will still leave in 4 years with a single thing done on the seaport.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Eberex(m): 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
How many times are we going to keep awarded chinese railway contracts?
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Blue3k(m): 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
rottennaija:

Keep dreaming. Udom will still leave in 4 years with a single thing done on the seaport.

Thanks for your opinion comeback when you have facts. Federal bureaucracy is slowing the project down according to the state. After they give final approvals construction begins.

You should read up the the cross river super highway and bakkasi seaport before giving unfounded opinions. If FG doesn't buy in the project is dead.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by wink2015(m): 11:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
nereiskc:
China will lend you money, still be the one to do the contract with materials from China plus diplomatic waivers for the contracting company......Technically you are paying back 10 times the value and killing your economy.....

Please explain what you mean by diplomatic waiver for the contracting company.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by meekah: 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
Dreal1247:
I'm really afraid of business dealings with China. I'm not sure if Nigeria will survive all these business dealings with China. They cut your nose to spite your face.
must of the contract is based on borrowing from China exim bank this is the part they wouldn't tell you,almost all sub Sahara Africa are engaging in this dangerous trend of borrowing from China to develop there infrastructure and what they are using as collateral is there asset if after the time of repayment come and there unable to pay China would simply seize the asset ,U.S has warn Africa not to sell there soul to China in the name of infrastructure development but sub Sahara Africa took the warning with levity,Why do people think Trump is fight China on trade tariff, China can not be trusted the Caucasian white seem to more trustable than China

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by redsun(m): 12:27am On Oct 11, 2019
Realdeals:
Did China took this path to develop their own infrastructure? Nigeria is being sold to China unknownly, until we internalize our infrastructure development, we are going no where.

It is 2ist century Chinese colonisation of sleeping Africans.Like magic.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by richeso: 12:30am On Oct 11, 2019
$3.9 billion in Naira na how much ?

see money wey them just thief !
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by 3Ceagle(m): 1:08am On Oct 11, 2019
Realdeals:

Very good question. The Chinese had plan and followed that over the years. The plan was anchored on using their human capital and internal resources and in the process have developed their own technology. This is the problem with black African countries, failure to mobilize internal resources due to unstable politics and policies, all emanating from poor leadership. Africa is always looking for easy way out therefore creating future problems. I have always advocated for internalizing our development, so that our people can develop technological know-how and competencies. Have they made public the actual contract papers? Like you said, we are going nowhere with the current model and China may will use these various contract against Nigeria in the future.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by DedeNkem: 1:15am On Oct 11, 2019
Don't we have local indigenous construction companies and engineers for this project?

Why must it always be the Chinese? China is actively taking over this zoo called Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by samorobo: 1:32am On Oct 11, 2019
Oma307:
they should sell Nigeria to China

Sure they will mangae her well..a like for this
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by samorobo: 1:36am On Oct 11, 2019
Seriousness:
[s]Every time railway railway

Abeg invest in some thing more useful and beneficial to the citizen

Who railway eep

Give us good road, comfortable and better road transport vehicles (instead of danfo that people will pack inside like sardine)[/s]

Honestly no sense I this write up...pls it is not by force to comment..

Oops I cancelled it grin grin
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by samorobo: 1:39am On Oct 11, 2019
meekah:
must of the contract is based on borrowing from China exim bank this is the part they wouldn't tell you,almost all sub Sahara Africa are engaging in this dangerous trend of borrowing from China to develop there infrastructure and what they are using as collateral is there asset if after the time of repayment come and there unable to pay China would simply seize the asset ,U.S has won Africa not to sell there soul to China in the name of infrastructure development but sub Sahara Africa took the warning with levity,Why do people think Trump is fight China on trade tariff, China can not be trusted the Caucasian white seem to more trustable than China

What were you expecting trump to say. He too wants a slice from the cake
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by IGBOSON1: 2:05am On Oct 11, 2019
Senudi96:
My question is are we so poor we can't finance a project 100%?
How about the billions they make from crude oil sales?
Someone should give me answers oh.

It’s like you’ve not heard about 75% of the budget goes on servicing the interest on the billions of dollars your gov’t is borrowing...coupled with the billions of dollars they have to set aside to service the greed and gluttony of the Abuja political elite, in order to maintain the tasteful millionaires lifestyle to which they and their families have become accustomed! wink

1 Like

Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by chukxie(m): 2:51am On Oct 11, 2019
Do we have to borrow to execute developmental projects in Nigeria? What's happening to all the billions of dollars Nigeria derives from crude oil? Just asking honest questions.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by winterfell007(m): 6:33am On Oct 11, 2019
nereiskc:
China will lend you money, still be the one to do the contract with materials from China plus diplomatic waivers for the contracting company......Technically you are paying back 10 times the value and killing your economy.....

That's to show you how smart they are. Since we have utterly failed to develop our technical capacity let them have their way provided they build the much-needed infrastructure.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Temptee101(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2019
jahsharon:

Nigeria is too big for any country to mess with. Both countries will lose massively.

Quit lying to yourself, it will do you no good
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by ernecy(m): 7:00am On Oct 11, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

With this rate China will own Nigeria in five decades time
go ask Kenyans how far
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Emmasnoop(m): 7:21am On Oct 11, 2019
Nigeria and chinese Government self hmm, hope buhari knows what he is doing because this chinese Government are the most corrupt people in the World.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by rottennaija(m): 8:01am On Oct 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Thanks for your opinion comeback when you have facts. Federal bureaucracy is slowing the project down according to the state. After they give final approvals construction begins.

You should read up the the cross river super highway and bakkasi seaport before giving unfounded opinions. If FG doesn't buy in the project is dead.

And yet, the Bakkasi seaport has gotten federal approval while Ibom deep seaport hasn't despite billions sunk into it in the name of consultants. Besides, what is Cross River state governor doing differently that Akwa Ibom state governor isn't? One has gotten federal approval while the other is a campaign talk. Isn't it the same federal bureaucracy that the cross river government has succeeded in overcoming to getting an approval?

The Ibom super highway to the Ibom deep seaport, which was started at the inception of his first time, where it is? The commissioner for works is busy speaking grammar.

When Udoms govt winds up, I'll remind you about these.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Blue3k(m): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2019
Ask the FG or the State. Cross River hasn't done anything but get business case approved. I can tell you didnt read articles about topic. The ibom super highway is a state project that already started last time I checked. Again should come with facts instead of opinions.

The cross river super highway is suposed to be 200km on top of cost of seaport. I repeat the project is dead with FG backing it financially. Its weird you dont know the same Ibom seaport is partnership between state federal and private sector just like Lekki.

rottennaija:

And yet, the Bakkasi seaport has gotten federal approval while Ibom deep seaport hasn't despite billions sunk into it in the name of consultants. Besides, what is Cross River state governor doing differently that Akwa Ibom state governor isn't? One has gotten federal approval while the other is a campaign talk. Isn't it the same federal bureaucracy that the cross river government has succeeded in overcoming to getting an approval?

The Ibom super highway to the Ibom deep seaport, which was started at the inception of his first time, where it is? The commissioner for works is busy speaking grammar.

When Udoms govt winds up, I'll remind you about these.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by rottennaija(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2019
Blue3k:
Ask the FG or the State. Cross River hasn't done anything but get business case approved. I can tell you didnt read articles about topic. The ibom super highway is a state project that already started last time I checked. Again should come with facts instead of opinions.

The cross river super highway is suposed to be 200km on top of cost of seaport. I repeat the project is dead with FG backing it financially. Its weird you dont know the same Ibom seaport is partnership between state federal and private sector just like Lekki.

We shall talk again in the future.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Cadec007(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
Literally selling this country to the Chinese.
way better than being a puppet to the WEST....
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Cadec007(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2019
Emmasnoop:
Nigeria and chinese Government self hmm, hope buhari knows what he is doing because this chinese Government are the most corrupt people in the World.
CNN told you so abi??

Ok tell me.. Just one deal any country made with China and it was breached illegally.... Just one...

And i would count 100 that has been made with the west.... Starting with P&grin....
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by SenecaTheYonger: 9:02am On Oct 11, 2019
Cadec007:
way better than being a puppet to the WEST....
Because you think the EAST are more merciful right? Wait till they take over and start eating your flesh. Those guys that don't even care about human right. Tell me one good ideology to come from the EAST.
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by Cadec007(m): 9:13am On Oct 11, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
Because you think the EAST are more merciful right? Wait till they take over and start eating your flesh. Those guys that don't even care about human right. Tell me one good ideology to come from the EAST.
Anti-Imperialism........ That's one good Thing...

2. The EAST would readily share Knowledge with you....unlike the WEST... you know what I mean...

3. The EAST aren't externally power hungry..... Keyword Externally

I believe by EAST you know it includes... MALAYSIA, INDIA, RUSSIA, KOREA, SINGAPORE not ONLY CHINA....
Re: FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction by SenecaTheYonger: 9:22am On Oct 11, 2019
Cadec007:
Anti-Imperialism........ That's one good Thing...

2. The EAST would readily share Knowledge with you....unlike the WEST... you know what I mean...

3. The EAST aren't externally power hungry..... Keyword Externally

I believe by EAST you know it includes... MALAYSIA, INDIA, RUSSIA, KOREA, SINGAPORE not ONLY CHINA....

Lol, Anti-imperialism is also Antiwest. Is this really all u can mention about them? Not democracy or human rights, or capitalism, nothing? Just anti-human right, anti-democracy and you're happy?

Also, those countries you mentioned are shiitholes where Western countries are. Also, the East shares information? Lmfao. No country on earth, east or west will share information with you especially if it will make you better or equal to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person / Bandits Kidnap 23 People In FCT / Looted Warehouse Does Not Belong To NEMA - Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.