Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England (217866 Views)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Meksbig(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
Abuklaw:
Good morning to all kopites. I am following your analysis here keenly but I believe that all in all, let give Rodgers the chance to win our trust back. I am positive that we will break into top four at the end of this season.
it is good to be positive and supportive but brendan rodgers has given liverpool fans little to be positive about
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by coded01: 5:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
barackohandso:

You don reach here again

You eh... grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
coded01:

You eh... grin
Oga mi, longest time smiley smiley smiley
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
My Preferred line up for the game against Stoke smiley

Mignolet

Clyne
Skrtel
Sakho
Gomez

Can
Milner
Henderson

Ibe
Coutinho

Benteke
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by coded01: 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
alekside:
Oga mi, longest time smiley smiley smiley

How you dey? wink

Liverpool should step up na... grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
coded01:

How you dey? wink

Liverpool should step up na... grin
I dey cool o grin

We are trying our best. At least we have brought in some good players to replace the failures of last season. Hoping the manager performs well this team.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by coded01: 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
alekside:
I dey cool o grin

We are trying our best. At least we have brought in some good players to replace the failures of last season. Hoping the manager performs well this team.

Great! wink

Liverpool need to step up this season... lipsrsealed
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by kendrick9(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2015
alekside:
My Preferred line up for the game against Stoke smiley

Mignolet

Clyne
Skrtel
Sakho
Gomez

Can
Milner
Henderson

Ibe
Coutinho

Benteke
lucas over can for me
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2015
kendrick9:
lucas over can for me
I kind of agree with you. Can should be Lucas understudy for now. Just that Lucas is too slow grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by kendrick9(m): 10:57am On Aug 09, 2015
alekside:
I kind of agree with you. Can should be Lucas understudy for now. Just that Lucas is too slow grin
stoke is a tough place to go so i will like a defensive mid lyk lucas there.... still don't know why brendan hasn't bought one for years... As for can, i prefer him to henderson but i know that wont happen.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
kendrick9:
stoke is a tough place to go so i will like a defensive mid lyk lucas there.... still don't know why brendan hasn't bought one for years... As for can, i prefer him to henderson but i know that wont happen.
Here is the line up

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren,
Gomez, Henderson, Milner, Lallana,
Ibe, Coutinho, Benteke

No Lucas or Can.

Playing away to Stoke without a true DM.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Meksbig(m): 4:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
can isn't a DM..he is a box to box midfielder like Gerrard.converting him to DM will just not make sense.play him alongside a true Dm to capitalize on his talents
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Meksbig(m): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
just watching liverpool and thinking what exactly is BR trying to do..liverpool obviously have not been the possession team they are supposed to be and the movement among the forwards has been poor
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by coded01: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
Liverpool starting on a good note... cool

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by barackohandso(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
coded01:
Liverpool starting on a good note... cool

Hmmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by coded01: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
barackohandso:

Hmmmmmmm lipsrsealed

My friend it's best you open it... grin grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by barackohandso(m): 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
coded01:

My friend it's best you open it... grin grin
Lol cheesy
No be secret again na
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by barackohandso(m): 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Meksbig(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2015
excerpts fr BR's press conference

Rodgers on Firmino: He’s building up his fitness really well.

BR on Firmino: He trains to the maximum every day. He’s thrown himself into the life over here; language etc.

BR on Ings: He’s settling in very well.

BR on Flanagan: He’s on time. Everything’s going to plan. He’s working hard to get back. Important he rehabs well.

BR on Moreno / Markovic: Both players are very talented players. Maybe for first time they find not being a regular.

BR on Moreno / Markovic: It’s a tough season, a long season, they’ll certainly be needed.

BR: Every player here has been told that (that they’ll be needed over the season).

BR on Gomez: Very quickly he showed me he can be a really important member of our squad here.

BR on Gomez: He’s definitely a player who will add great value to our squad.

BR: Building confidence early on is important. Get the vibrancy around the stadium again, early on.

BR: It’s so so important, your home form, if you’re going to succeed.
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Meksbig(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2015
Jamie Carragher has reiterated his thoughts that Liverpool should have signed a defensive midfielder in the summer, expressing doubts over whether Emre Can is suited to the role yet.

“I don’t think Emre Can is ideally suited yet to the holding midfield role,” he told the Liverpool Way podcast this week.

“Watching him over the summer for Germany under-21s he’s someone who likes to go forward, powering through midfield.

“If Liverpool play the same way they did at Stoke then you wonder where he fits in.

Carragher told how there is a “feeling within the club that he’s a classy player with a big future.”

But right now, the 37-year-old says it was a surprise Brendan Rodgers didn’t sign a defensive midfielder

“I look at Henderson and Milner as a midfield two and they’ve got great energy and I like both players. They’ll both get goals, but neither is that defensive minded and I think that might cause a problem in the coming weeks.

“And if he wants to go to a holding midfielder then where does Coutinho fit in? Where does Firmino fit in? I think it’s going to be really interesting how Brendan Rodgers sets his side up over the coming months.”

It’s here where Carragher expressed concerns over Philippe Coutinho being pushed into a wider role in the front three.

I think Liverpool have a slight problem in the coming weeks and months.

“If you play a holding midfielder behind Milner and Henderson, then that’s your midfield three and unless you play a diamond formation then Coutinho is going to end up in a wide role in a 4-3-3.”

On Coutinho, he said: “He doesn’t feel comfortable there [out wide] and I just feel he has to play in a central role. So he almost has to be one of those three, and if he is then that means either Henderson or Milner isn’t if you play with that holding midfield player.

Carragher also discussed Rodgers’ selection of Dejan Lovren ahead of Mamadou Sakho, saying that “I don’t think either of them have covered themselves in glory since they’ve come here and I’m looking for a lot more this season from both players.”
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Abuklaw(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
what is the odd on Liverpool's next match against Bournemouth?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by coded01: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
^^^ Liverpool has a 75% chance of winning this but not convincingly... wink
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
Chances of others having a party here = 0.0000000001% grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by barackohandso(m): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
^^^^ as if party dey sweet for here before sef grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2015
Anyway, we go try dey arrange Liverpool alone party grin
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Meksbig(m): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
alekside:
Anyway, we go try dey arrange Liverpool alone party grin
for where?
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
Meksbig:
for where?
It won't be bad if we celebrate every win on this thread smiley
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 30 mins30 minutes ago
Sakho will be offered a new five-year contract on improved terms. He is unlikely to rush into a decision. #LFC (James Pearce)

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 29 mins29 minutes ago
Sakho's expected to wait & see how much game time he gets over the coming weeks & months before deciding whether to sign #LFC (James Pearce)
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
JustLFC_ ‏@JustLFC_ 44 mins44 minutes ago
Daniel Sturridge is expected to give Liverpool a huge boost by returning to training next week. [Echo]
Re: Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
JustLFC_ ‏@JustLFC_ 45 mins45 minutes ago
Emre Can's in line to make his first start of the season if Henderson's ruled out against Arsenal. [Echo]

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (108) (Reply)

Paris Saint-gemain FC Fan Thread: Les Rouge-et-bleu..."Revons plus grand" / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) / Manchester City Fan Thread!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.