Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition (54627 Views)

Catholic Church Writes Tinubu, Sani Over El-Rufai’s Islamisation Comment / 184 Doctors From 7 Countries Write Buhari Over El-zakzaky (Names) / Just In: Court Orders Arrest Of CCB Chairman Over El Rufai's Assets Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by franchasng: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
These so called Yoruba elders are foolish!!!

If the so called deceptive Yoruba elders cannot summon courage to tell Tinubu and the entire Southwest to stop nursing the ambition of contesting for president in 2023 and allow Southeast to produce the President, then they have no freaking right to tell El Rufai or any other northern politician not to run for Presidency in 2023!

No be only Yoruba elders, na Bourdillion elders abi yonda elders, nonsense!!! angry

Iranu undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Osaze007: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
RTSC:

Olodo.
See his mouth like status quo.
Wouldn't you like that? Fake Bini boy.

Unfortunately for you, the real world doesn't work like that.

They will maintain status quo let north continue ruling

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by RTSC: 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
Osaze007:

They will maintain status quo let north continue ruling
Hahahahhaha.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by LegendHer0: 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
RTSC:

I couldn't give a fucck who you vote for.
Your candidate ran as VP in 2019 and lost the south woefully.

The only time your Yoruba candidate has won presidential elections, you didn't even vote for him.
It took the SE\SS to make him president.

Are you of voting age in 1993 when MKO was voted as president? The Igbos in their usual betrayal of the southern cause voted for Tofa, a Fulani from the north.

The Yorubas won through the ballot in 1993, got annulled, was voted through the ballot again in 1999 and 2003.

When has the Igbo man ever been voted through the ballot since 1914? Mention one time, just one.

If you have never achieved the feat of the mighty Yorubas, then you shouldn’t have the audacity to talk about making anyone president. Coz how can a king- maker be perpetually subservient to his subjects?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
The north should rule Nigeria, and ONLY them. Yorubas should go and Bleep themselves. I'm from the South South, but not even someone from South South should rule. I love Northern rulership. I have never voted in my life, but if APC field El- Rufai come 2023, he has mine and my family's votes.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by modik(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

And which region don’t want equity, justice, and level playing field?

Who truncated the working system of government that allowed each region to develop at their own pace? Igbos.

Who promulgated the unitary system decree? Igbos

Who killed other tribes leader and usher Nigeria in this chaos of a nation? Igbos

Try to be truthful, who do you think is the genesis of the problem facing Nigeria if not the Igbos?

This singular posture and input of yours now clearly affirms your state of ignorance. When does the action and decision of military represent that of ethnic group?

By implication, all actions of Buratai is that of the north ba?

My last response to a narrow minded retard!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2019
RTSC:

lol
Even the north knows that is not feasible.

The north is not foolish enough to zone the Sw their VP in perpetuity.
They like the free oil and stability too much

SW don't have oil. The South South have no problem with North ruling. We love it in fact
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by PureFace1(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2019
IamAtikulate:

We are not myopic like you guys. We warned you guys that allowing APC to win in 2015 will erode the southern chance of being president for a lot time.

But the plate of ewedu prepared by the North was too sweet for you people to stand behind the North.

We was lying down what you guys can never see standing on Evarest.

SW 2023 will never happen

Keep deceiving yourself

South West 2023 will happen and it is going to be a sad day for you lot when it finally happen

Lol These people keep screaming betrayal in politics, I guess GEJ didn't know he was betraying South West when he marginalized South West and you guys were saying sh!t on Nairaland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ozoneboy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
fergie001:
There will be no crisis.
If El-Rufai thinks he will win, he is a Nigerian and possesses the fundamental right to contest.

Abubakar Rimi contested OBJ even when it was zoned to the South. Buhari contested obj even when he was about going for second term(Southern turn).
Nobody let Jonathan complete the Southern term before he was defeated.
Zoning is a party decision and not a constitutional making.

When pressure was to be put on the committee set up by Odigie-Oyegun also headed by this same El-Rufai, everyone kept mum.

Nobody should threaten anybody. If I have cash to contest, I will contest.
The only Nigerians that can't contest in 2023 is OBJ and PMB. Work on defeating him and not issuing threats.

Politics isn't Father Christmas, you dabble into, follow the theatrics and hope to win.

Nobody gives it to you. You sweat out for it.
You thinking after this giberish nonse you posted other region will support Southwest to become president?,let me ask you what play did the Yoruba nation play before PDP gave OBasanjor Presidency?.Instead of you guys,we will vote the Northerners till infinitum ,until this contraption called a country divides.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by waternogetenemy: 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
PureFace1:

Keep deceiving yourself

South West 2023 will happen and it is going to be a sad day for you lot when it finally happen

Lol These people keep screaming betrayal in politics, I guess GEJ didn't know he was betraying South West when he marginalized South West and you guys were saying sh!t on Nairaland.

It will happen in Alausa. Clown!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Osaze007: 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

Are you of voting age in 1993 when MKO was voted as president? The Igbos in their usual betrayal of the southern cause voted for Tofa, a Fulani from the north.

The Yorubas won through the ballot in 1993, got annulled, was voted through the ballot again in 1999 and 2003.

When has the Igbo man ever been voted through the ballot since 1914? Mention one time, just one.

If you have never achieved the feat of the mighty Yorubas, then you shouldn’t have the audacity to talk about making anyone president. Coz how can a king- maker be perpetually subservient to his subjects?

Igbo has been perpetual Nigerian slaves since 1961
Azikwe was Akobata to Balewa

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by PureFace1(m): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
Unbiased1:

Stop disturbing ur life over Igbo matter this prostitute, I only said that as long as El Rufai is contesting under APC, he has 101% of Igbo support. I never mentioned yoruba in my comment so I don't understand ur stress now. Just get lost.

South East support is inconsequential

Your frustration just begin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
awa:
The North MUST provide the next President ooooo....The West have not seen anything. I pray that we all remain alive by God's grace and see where this country is heading to. Let's unite as Southerner and una no gree

Don't mind the fools
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Osaze007: 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
ozoneboy:

You thinking after this giberish nonse you posted other region will support Southwest to become president?,let me ask you what play did the Yoruba nation play before PDP gave OBasanjor Presidency?.Instead of you guys,we will vote the Northerners till infinitum ,until this contraption called a country divides.

Loool they will maintain status quo and continue producing vp and speaker

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by LegendHer0: 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
modik:

This singular posture and input of yours now clearly affirms your state of ignorance. When does the action and decision of military represent that of ethnic group?

By implication, all actions of Buratai is that of the north ba?

My last response to a narrow minded retard!

If Buratai murders Tinubu, Osinbajo, Alaafin of Oyo, his action will be the action of the North.

If Butatai murders Peter Obi, Obiano, Obi of Onitsha, Soludo, his action will be the action of the north.

You should take it as act of honor for me to even engage you in a discussion this long!

Gracias.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Osaze007: 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2019
ityP:

Don't mind the fools

Yes notth must produce with Yoruba vp
Wailers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2019
RTSC:

It is just a reenactment of the 2015 movie that the South west played for us.

Tell am o... Now, we don turn mental slaves. When they were slaves in 2015 and 2019, dem no disturb us o
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by PureFace1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
IamAtikulate:

Yoruba moslem is wailing.

Out of PDP's 16 years, the North only did 2 years. When they complete their term, if they born una well make una stop Igbo presidency.

Since this republic, the South had done 14 years while the North is in their 7th year by 2023, it will be South 14 vs 10 North.

In 2023, we will return another 4 years to them.

Simple!

Igbo catholic is wailing

Fucck South Unity

You are inconsequential and your votes can not do any Jack

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by LegendHer0: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
ityP:

SW don't have oil. The South South have no problem with North ruling. We love it in fact

Ondo State is the 5th or 6th oil producing state in Nigeria. The problem of most of you is that you don’t read, and you beleived too much in beer parlor gists.

Ondo State produces crude oil than any state in the SE. bring forth a contrary argument!

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Osaze007: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

If Buratai murders Tinubu, Osinbajo, Alaafin of Oyo, his action will be the action of the North.

If Butatai murders Peter Obi, Obiano, Obi of Onitsha, Soludo, his action will be the action of the north.

You should take it as act of honor for me to even engage you in a discussion this long!

Gracias.

You can see they are not sorry they killed our leaders
I’m grateful how Awolowo murdered and bankrupted their war in 6 months haq haq
They won’t kill anyone’s leaders again

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by RTSC: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

I don't understand.
When did MKO a corrupt fellow become George Washington that everybody must vote for?

He was a highly corrupt fellow with a lot of philantropism.
We didn't vote for him as is our right and we are proud of it.
Though it was an Igbo inec chairman that declared him president at the risk of death.

We didn't betray him. His own people sold him out.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
Osaze007:

Yes notth must produce with Yoruba vp
Wailers

Yes o. I have no problem with Northern President and Yoruba VP till eternity sef

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by waternogetenemy: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

Gracias.

Bad belle people, power belongs to the North.

They already have it and dont have to murder anybody to keep it.

U have nothing to grasp and not even the support of your fellow Southerners or the International Community.

2023, the North will seek the support and vote of SS/SE to actualise their ambition, same way the SW was used in 2015.

Atiku proves, the SS/SE are equally as dependable.

There are no permanent friends in Politics, just Permanent interest.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by LegendHer0: 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
Osaze007:

Igbo has been perpetual Nigerian slaves since 1961
Azikwe was Akobata to Balewa

Azikwe was not even elected, he just formed a government with Balewa to become figure head executive president.

No Igbo man have ever faced the ballot and won in a democracy. They should achieve that feat first before complaining about the far superior Yorubas!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by Temptee101(m): 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Hypocritical message.

The north should complete their full cycle of presidency till 2027.

No more interruptions..

If the north still wants to continue, they are free to do so.

and if by 2027, the northerner performs below average we will extend the tenure by re-election to 2031.

God bless you sir. Just don't mind them, see them shouting 'turn of the south' like they are fighting for the whole south other than their selfish interest

It's either the south east or the north continues till infinity
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by RTSC: 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2019
ityP:

Tell am o... Now, we don turn mental slaves. When they were slaves in 2015 and 2019, dem no disturb us o
They called it building alliances and stooping to conquer.

As if NA only dem sabi stoop to conquer grin
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by waternogetenemy: 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2019
2015 the North use SW.

2023, the North will use SS/SE.

No permanent friends in politics, just interest.
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by LegendHer0: 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
RTSC:

I don't understand.
When did MKO a corrupt fellow become George Washington that everybody must vote for?

He was a highly corrupt fellow with a lot of philantropism.
We didn't vote for him as is our right and we are proud of it.

Though it was an Igbo inec chairman that declared him president at the risk of death.

We didn't betray him. His own people sold him out.

Now using your own line, when did a corrupt fellow like Jonathan became George Washington that everybody should vote for?

The Yorubas did not vote Jonathan in 2015, it is our right and we are proud of it.

Why then do you always blame the Yorubas of betraying the south, when you have done the same thing triple times.

Don’t you think something is wrong somewhere?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by RTSC: 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
waternogetenemy:
2015 the North use SW.

2023, the North will use SS/SE.

No permanent friends in politics, just interest.
NA so my brother.

And given the fact the north would getting two blocs for the price of one along with stability in the delta, the smarter money would be allying with the SE/SS.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
LegendHer0:

Ondo State is the 5th or 6th oil producing state in Nigeria. The problem of most of you is that you don’t read, and you beleived too much in beer parlor gists.

Ondo State produces crude oil than any state in the SE. bring forth a contrary argument!

Mumu. States from my region (South South) are the top oil producing states in Nigeria. So What's my business with Igbos? As i said, we, the South South are solidly behind the North. We will not follow the igbos to their biafra, we will support the North for as long as possible. We will also support the Yorubas for everlasting Vice Presidentship

1 Like

Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by ityP(m): 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
RTSC:

They called it building alliances and stooping to conquer.

As if NA only dem sabi stoop to conquer grin

It's our turn to stoop to conquer. Their father
Re: 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition by franchasng: 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
IamAtikulate:
Yoruba peopl greed got them cornered.

If APC fields a northerner candidate, it will definitely have SE as running mate.

PDP is sure to field to North/SE ticket.

Greed no good. After doing 8 years as President and another 8 as VP, they are eyeing the presidency.

This guys are funny.

Thiefubu will only be president of his follow thieves and yoruba moslems

One thing I know is after 2023 all the gods of yorubaland and the yoruba moslems combined will not stop Igbo presidency.
Yes oh, Tinubu can become the President of thieves in Nigeria or President of Lagos-Ibadan motor park Agberos or President of Yoruba Muslim Association or MURIC, not President of Nigeria!!

Yorubas are gradually showing how selfish, unreasonable, foolish, inhumane and at the same time unintelligent they are with this their 2023 clamor for Presidency.

Olusegun Obasanjo was the Military Head of state in 1976 and handed over to Shagari, with Ekwueme as VP.

Alex Ekwueme was supposed to become Nigeria's President after Shehu Shagari, Buhari thwarted that opportunity through his military coup that ended Shagari tenure and returned Nigeria back to Military rule!!

Abiola won Presidential election in 1993, but IBB annuled it and Abacha took over and died, Abdulsalami took over and decided to hand over to civilian government, and Alex Ekwueme and other eminent Nigerian politicians formed a national party PDP which Alex Ekwueme was to become the flag bearer but to pacify Yorubas for the death of Abiola, Ekwueme was shortchanged again and PDP presidential ticket handed over to Obasanjo a Yoruba man.

After OBJ, he handed over to Yaradua a northerner who died and it got to the hand of an Ijaw man from Southsouth, and from there back to Buhari a northern Fulani with Yoruba VP.

Common sense ought to tell Yorubas to support Igbo Presidency just as Igbos massively supported Obasanjo a Yoruba man, an Igbos massively supported Obasanjo.

Honestly Yorubas seems to be the problem of Nigeria, it was also Yorubas and their greed that tore Nigeria into pieces in 1966, when Awolowo out of greed after loosing at federal level to Nnamdi Azikiwe returned back to Western Region to tell Akintola to give him the position of Western Primier Akintola was already holding and this brought the whole ruins Nigeria is witnessing today.

Now Tinubu has started the same thing Awolowo did.

We are watching this time around to see angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply)

US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu / Sule Abdullahi On Sanusi: Ganduje Called To Ask If I Would Accept Deposed Emir / Soldiers Swoop On IPOB/ESN Hideout In Anambra, Recover Arms (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.