Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,539 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials (8832 Views)

Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others / Kano Speaker, Deputy To Get Life Pensions, Foreign Medical Trips, Other / Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by Originalsly: 10:41am On Oct 13, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
1. Good job from SERAP

2.Though, N500000 per annum as pension? While it is much, it isn't as bad as the life pensions for governors, senators, house of reps, and even our ex presidents.

N500K per year × number of past chairmen to be honoured .... that's the amount of taxpayers money to be spent this year on chairmen only. Do the same with the other officials and pile that on. The amount would be increasing by millions as officials come and go. Is there nothing that money can be used for to benefit the people of Abuja? When the same is adopted by other States.... what projects/public services should be cut to pay these vampires? You would be the first to complain..... forgetting that after all..... the pension is not as much as governors...senators....etc.

Whoever proposed the pension... and be saying it is a way to honour past 'heroes' need to be stoned. Want to honour 'heroes'?....have a statue... name a street/ a building in their honour... a building... erect a statue... an arch.... and if you ask me... cemetery/garbage dump sites would be most appropriate for most of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by mu2sa2: 10:53am On Oct 13, 2019
pawesome:
all the ultimatums that you have given before,was dia anyone that was effective? Just shut up abeg
SERAP as an NGO sets out to expose corruption and that's what they are doing here.
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by Taciturn1: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2019
tunjijones:
Presidents, vice president, governor, deputy governors receive alarming pension on tax payers money.

Lagos state, akwa ibom state, kwara state and rivers state have terrible pension for ex governors and their deputy.

But my question is if you were in their shoes wld u do it differently? My answer to this is no. Some of us wld even do worse. So I came to a conclusion that we are a reflection of the kind of leaders we have.

Comment otherwise if you feel I have not said the truth.
The leaders are solely at fault. The people have been subdued or supressed with underdevelopment.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by TSRC: 11:20am On Oct 13, 2019
Under this govt everybody is just eating Nigeria blind.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by tot(f): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
Bloody thieves. They will steal all through their tenure and on top want to milk the country dry afterwards.
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by slowice(m): 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
People that have been unable to create wealth on their own. They ve no known source of income aside politics, that's why they want free meals for life
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by tunjijones(m): 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
Taciturn1:
The leaders are solely at fault. The people have been subdued or supressed with underdevelopment.

U didnt answer the question. Wld u have done better if you were in their shoe?

In a country where pole don't see anything wrong being a yahoo boy.
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by Taciturn1: 12:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
tunjijones:

U didnt answer the question. Wld u have done better if you were in their shoe?

In a country where pole don't see anything wrong being a yahoo boy.
I get your point, but poor leadership is what has made the people what they are.

The leaders are at fault for creating poverty despite being in control of enormous resources, they have created a preceding legacy which the people have resorted to, in a bid to survive and be "successful"

Religious leaders aren't exempted, as well as irresponsible parenting of children.

If I get there, hopefully someday, I would try my best to be as transparent as possible, but I'm very aware one person can't do it alone.
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by F117nighthawk: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
Useless country, what nonsense, how can politicians be paid life pension,are they career officers? They are only holding elective political posts,big thanks to SERAP for this,
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by Charly68: 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
Life pension fraud indeed
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by tunjijones(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Taciturn1:
I get your point, but poor leadership is what has made the people what they are.

The leaders are at fault for creating poverty despite being in control of enormous resources, they have created a preceding legacy which the people have resorted to, in a bid to survive and be "successful"

Religious leaders aren't exempted, as well as irresponsible parenting of children.

If I get there, hopefully someday, I would try my best to be as transparent as possible, but I'm very aware one person can't do it alone.

You have spoken well. You made some nice points.

Let's just hope and pray things get better someday.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by Ahmeddedon(m): 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
my digital chairman of AMAC
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by StevenOba: 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
pablobellins:
SERAP always giving ultimantum that is never yielded to.
SERAP is an NGO they are doing their part in the fight against corruption. No matter how little it's an effort.
Did you know about such payments before they spoke out? Rather than criticizing them perhaps you can lend your efforts as well.
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by Totorito: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by Legendguru: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: SERAP Gives Abdullahi Candido 14 Days To Withdraw Life Pensions For Ex-Officials by ptrl: 5:58am On Oct 14, 2019
hmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Nullifies PDP Gubernatorial Primary In Zamfara / 36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS / Shell Plans $5 Billion Sale Of Oil Fields In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.