Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others (15074 Views)

Osinbajo Got Buhari's Approval To Sack Lawal Daura For 'Working For Saraki' - SR / Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation / AUDIO: Offa Bank Robbery Suspect Confesses To Be Working For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Drinokrane: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Kwara State Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq says he plans to approach the State House of Assembly to repeal the law granting pensions to former governors and their deputies in the state, Igbere TV reports.

Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had made similar moves earlier in the week while presenting the 2021 budget of N1.155 trillion.

In a statement on Friday by the governor’s chief press secretary Rafiu Ajakaye, Abdulrazaq said he would send a bill to the assembly next week, requesting the lawmakers to immediately repeal the law.

The decision, according to the statement obtained by IGBERE TV, was in line with the governor’s campaign mantra and proof that he recognised himself as a product of democracy.

“The governor has listened to voices of the majority of the citizens opposing the pension law for former governors and deputy governors.

“As representatives of the people, the lawmakers would exercise their discretion to call a public hearing on the topic to further harvest wider opinions on the topic,” the statement read.

“However, the governor feels it is time for the law as it is to give way. He would rather the state commits the scarce public funds to tackling the question of poverty and youth unemployment,” Ajakaye added.

https://twitter.com/RealAARahman/status/1327187245527408641?s=19

The move, if granted by the assembly, will bring a stop to benefits given to former governors Bukola Saraki, Abdulfatah Ahmed and others.

11 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by BusinessCity: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
Leave Saraki alone. You're obsessed

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by seunmsg(m): 12:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
BusinessCity:

What is wrong with repealing the state pension law? Why should Saraki and other former governors and deputy governors continue to collect huge pensions despite looting the state dry while in office?

We all supported the move to repeal the law in Lagos, why should Kwara be different?

153 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by nzeobi(m): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
If you ask me this is just a populist agenda.
Paying an ex governor around 500 k monthly with a five bedroom house, a car every 8 years and taking care of his medical bills won't make a state go bankrupt.
While I disagree with the amount ex lagos governors earn, it's not wasteful to take care of our ex governors.

Many are quoting me claiming super intelligent or very concerned and they were all here when a man scammed them in 2015 by claiming he will make 1#=1$ and making populist promises.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Smithkafors(m): 12:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:
Paying an ex governor around 500 k monthly with a five bedroom house, a car every 8 years and taking care of his medical bills won't make a state go bankrupt.
While I disagree with the amount ex lagos governors earn, it's not wasteful to take care of our ex governors.
You are right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by brosom(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
The fear of youths is the beginning of wisdom for our polithiefcians.

If u know u know.

5 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by RomanianNinja: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
This land is for sale

1 Like

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Canih28: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

So
Make we fly fence!!!

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by ATEAMS: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care.

6 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by dalass(f): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
grin

When he himself leaves office, no pension for him grin

3 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by slawormiir: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by samuel19222(m): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thats how their counterpart for Lagos wan use something like this sef humiliate Ambode, and Jagaban say he dey happy with the move, as if no be them plan am, birds of a feather

Fake ass niggarrr

[s]
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Stanislause94: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Traitors everywhere..,no more real niggars, apart from my niggar Slawomir.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by HAPPINESSSS(f): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

LET' THEM LEAVE PENSION TO PENSIONERS.
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Moferere: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nothing to celebrate when people who have been robbing you are stopped from robbing you any further.

We should ask them for a refund of all they have taken.

Why should a house be built for former governors in Abuja?

3 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by joey150(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:

Civil servants that work way longer, earn way less while on the job are paid way lesser as pension compared to ex governors.

A nation that has recently been labelled the "poverty capital of the world" has no business, absolutely no business paying Ex-governors that served for a maximum of 8 years humongous pensions.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by naija4life247: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Consider it done
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by dalass(f): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
destind2suxid:
It ok na. I don't think ex governors should be getting pensions.

Sure.... They have collected their pension, gratuity etc while in office! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by modath(f): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Fahdiga(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nice step in the right direction
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by TinubuGoQuench(f): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
5k monthly bmc stipends will soon come to an end for resident zombies on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by enshi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
way to go.. let all state follow suit.

meanwhile... lets help you track that stolen phone or help you monitor that spouse you think is cheating on you.

we are just a DM away

1 Like

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by wunmi590(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
undecided

In as much as I like the bold step he took.

But I still believe he's fighting and witch hunting Saraki who is more better than him on every remification.

I'm not sure he has even done anything in that state, rather than shouting Saraki, as if Saraki is his political agenda.

Rada rada
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by Canih28: 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
SPACE BOOKED grin
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by MrImole: 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Okay
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by naija4life247: 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
BusinessCity:

Are you from Kwara State? I not, shut up before I send the gods of Ogun, Sango, Oya, Aiyelala and Esu Odara to strike you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by mdchikezie(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
[i]ok[/ℜ]
Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by naija4life247: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
BusinessCity:

Even Saraki expected it to have been revoked a long time ago. We have pulled down the illegal structure he put on illegally acquired government's land, now we will pull him down totally. Useless family of thieves

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Moves To Stop Pensions For Saraki, Others by modath(f): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
nzeobi:

Politics of bitterness & anger is why you typed what you did... Lagos just gives una headache... your opinion is predicated on making a mockery of this cos states like Delta refused to....A state with 5-6 ex govs, Dep, speakers on payroll after not serving for years... May God epp una minds..

In saner climes (that you lots keep referring to) political office holders go back to their jobs/ businesses when their terms are over... Bush, Clinton, Obama etc just enjoy Secret Service protection not the state still buying them groceries.....

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'N800m Paid To Bandits': FG Won’t Pay Ransom - Lai Mohammed / Modupe Adelabu Is Ekiti 's Deputy Governor / Oduah Loses Bid To Stop Bulletproof Cars Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.