Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah (4070 Views)

WORDS On The Marble That You Must Read By Ola / Do Not Crash-read! By Joy A. Adewumi / The Royal Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 4:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
Episode 1

Twenty years ago, Queen Veronica of Dutse kingdom gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. King Ferdinand and his Queen were delighted with their first born and immediately wished to protect her from the world until the Queen was well enough to present her to the court.
The king swore the servants to secrecy to keep the news of their daughter a secret. However, the king knew they lived in dark times and his enemies would want to know if an heir to the throne had been born.

Whilst the Queen was recovering, news of an attack from an ally spread like wildfire across the kingdom. The king was very unnerved by the idea of a trusted ally threatening his kingdom so he began preparing his soldiers for battle.

Unfortunately, two days later, the castle was under attack. Thousands of soldiers were mercilessly slaughtered along with the families that lived within the castle walls, no one was spared.

The Queen knew her fate was near and feared for her new born daughter’s life. She ordered her most trusted lady in waiting, Katherine, to take the baby out of the castle and travel as far away as possible until no one knew their names.

Katherine asked what the baby girl’s name was and the Queen answered “Isabella. I’m putting my trust in you Katherine to look after her with your life because I can’t with mine; that is why I’m entrusting her in your care.”

“Your grace, is there anything you wish for me to give to her when she is a little older?” Katherine asked as she wrapped baby Isabella in plenty of warm blankets.

The Queen walked over to her dressing table and picked up a detailed glass bottle filled with her favourite rose scented perfume. Katherine took the bottle and placed it securely within the bag.

“Give this to her when she becomes of age please Katherine, she will be as bright as a ray of light from heaven at that age.” The Queen said sadly.

With a loving kiss on the head and a prayer to God, the Queen said a final goodbye to her precious daughter.

With one last look at her brave Queen, Katherine began to close the door slowly when suddenly a loud bang echoed through the room and about eight soldiers charged in.

“Your mother was the most loyal and brave woman I’ve ever known” Katherine said, gazing down at the sleeping baby in her arms.

The castle was completely wiped out, no one was left alive.

The king was tortured, hung, burnt alive, drawn and quartered, fed to the pigs.
Seventeen years later – In a village outside the Kingdom of Krio.

“Come on Isabella, help your dear old aunt.” An elderly lady chided.

Isabella jumped up from her seat and hurried over to the work station. “Sorry aunt Katherine, I was lost in thoughts once again,” she said

“Oh and what thoughts are they this time?” asked Katherine.

“Well you see, I visited the village this afternoon to buy some more fabrics like you asked me to and there was a group of men in strange uniforms that I’d never seen before.”

“Oh, are you sure they weren’t the king’s men, sweetheart?” Katherine asked.

“No, their uniform was red and yellow, I’m sure of it.” Isabella said shaking her head.

“Isabella, are you certain their uniform was red and yellow?” Katherine asked again.

The paleness of her aunt’s face worried Isabella as she nodded her head in agreement, “Yes, red and yellow.”

“This is bad.” Katherine said standing up straight.

“I don’t understand, aunt am I in trouble?” Isabella whispered.

Her aunt suddenly grabbed her upper arms and forced her down onto a chair, “Listen carefully Isabella, did any of them see you?”

“You are scaring me,” Isabella whimpered softly.

“Answer me Isabella, did they see you?” Her aunt pressed, desperation in her eyes.

“Yes. One of the men looked over at me and frowned.” The young girl replied.

“It has started, they’re coming.” Katherine let go of Isabella and rushed out of the kitchen.

… To Be Continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
Episode 2

“Answer me Isabella, did they see you?” Her aunt pressed, desperation in her eyes.

“Yes. One of the men looked over at me and frowned.” The young girl replied.

“It has started, they’re coming.” Katherine let go of Isabella and rushed out of the kitchen.
ring to herself, “How did they find us? I was so careful, no one knows.”

“Isabella you must listen carefully to me,” she said as she rushed around the room packing blankets and clothes into the bag.

“There are bad people after us. Do you remember the story I told you when you were a child?”

Isabella nodded her head, “yes, the one about the lost princess.”

“It’s true. The version I told you is true. No matter what anyone else says or adds to the story you must remember the story I told you.”

“I don’t get what this has to do with the men in the coloured uniforms.” Isabella asked.

“I have something they want,” was all her aunt said as she passed Isabella and went back into the kitchen.

A sudden knock on the door made them both jump. Isabella turned to Isabella and handed her the bag, “As soon as I say run, you must run as far away from here as possible, you are not safe. Remember the story and it will make sense one day, I promise. I love you so much darling.”

The door flew open and swung off its hinges. Behind it a large man strode into the room holding a large sword.

Behind him followed several more men.

“Well, hello there Katherine,” one man spoke and strode to the front of the group, “I have a surprise for you.”

From behind him, he reached into a brown bag and pulled out a severed head dripping with blood.

A blood curdling scream left Katherine’s throat and she cried for her dead husband, Ben.

“Now then Katherine, what shall we do to you? The same thing we did to her mother so many years ago?” the men behind him laughed mercilessly.

“Run Isabella!” Katherine screamed, as she launched herself at one of the men causing him fall to the ground.

“After her!”

Isabella had grabbed her bag and had run straight out of the back door. Disruption could be heard from the house as she flung herself over the door.

“Oh pretty little Isabella!” a voice called behind her.

She peered over her shoulder slightly and caught sight of one of the men holding Katherine’s head whilst another held his sword.

One swing was all it took and Katherine limp body collapsed onto the floor in a heap. “You are next Princess!” was what she heard from the man.

Tears fell from her eyes as she forced her body forwards. Loud, echoing voices could be heard from behind her so she quickened her pace. She made her way through the large woods of the village until night fell around her.

The voices had faded hours ago but she had continued to run. She had no idea where she was headed but she wanted to put enough distance between them and her.

The aching in her head and feet started to grow too painful and she collapsed onto the forest floor.
The next morning in the kingdom of Ekeland

Ever since the slaughter of their neighbouring royal family, King Nathan and Queen Candace of Ekeland kingdom, had become a nervous wreck.

He feared for the safety of his children and wife but also the safety of his people.

The attack on the Dutse’s royal family had been a shock and there was nothing he could do to help his dear friends and he regretted it for all that was worth.

The King and Queen were the only people the royal family of Dutse had told about their baby girl. Two years past and the Queen found herself pregnant with their third child.

Upon the arrival of her baby girl, Queen Candace found herself mourning the death of her most beloved friend, the late Queen Veronica. She then decided to name her baby after her friend.

“My lady please slow down, we have strict instructions for you not to go too far into the woods. They’re dangerous!” Princess May ignored the guards and rode further into the woods.

“Oh my goodness!” May slowed her horse to a walk, “Guards quickly!” She shouted as she dismounted her horse. She silently approached the body that was curled up into a ball against a fallen tree.

… To Be Continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
Please drop a comment when you read
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
Please drop a comment when you red
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by Investorrtbankz(m): 7:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
Nice beginning... pack d story come
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2019
Investorrtbankz:
Nice beginning... pack d story come

Thank you
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 11:19am On Oct 14, 2019
Episode 3

“Oh my goodness!” May slowed her horse to a walk, “Guards quickly!” She shouted as she dismounted her horse. She silently approached the body that was curled up like a ball against a fallen tree.
“Hello, can you hear me?” May asked, kneeling down by the body. A sudden cold breeze caused the girl to wake up. She jumped back in fright when she saw May kneeling before her.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I’m May, what’s your name?” “I-I’m” the girl stuttered, unable to form a sentence.

“My lady! Please step away she could be dangerous! Said May’s guard.

The girl began to shake her head “I’m-I’m not dangerous… I p-promise.”

“I know you’re not” replied May. “Guards, help her onto a horse, we must take her back to the castle immediately.” May instructed. The guards helped the girl onto a horse and they set off back to the castle.

“Who’s is this, May?” asked May’s elder brother Robert.

“This is Isabella, I found her in the woods.” May stated, squeezing Isabella’s arm. “Isabella this is my older brother; Robert”

“It is a pleasure to meet you.” said Isabella.

Robert’s face remained unreadable, “do mum and dad know about her presence? May shook her head, “No, I was going to ask them if she could stay in the castle.”

“What do you mean stay in the castle? You found her in the woods, doesn’t that scream danger to you? Don’t be fooled by her innocent look. Take her to see father immediately.”

“Maybe I should leave,” Isabella murmured causing both siblings to look at her, “I never meant to intrude, so I will leave straight away. I’m sorry for any inconvenience I have caused.” Isabella made to leave but May gripped her hand.

While she was talking, their Mother came into the room.

“Mother, I was wondering if Isabella could stay in the castle with us? May asked her mother who was heading towards them. Queen Candace looked at Isabella and then at her daughter. “And do what my child?”

“I found her in the woods, I am really fond of her and want her to be my lady in waiting.” May said hopefully. Her mother thought carefully for a moment. “What a lovely idea, Isabella do you have any idea what a lady in waiting does?”

Isabella shook her head. “I’ll train her mother, oh please mother.” Pleaded May.

“I’m sure father will have something to say about this.” Robert said, walking over to his mother’s side.

“Of course” Queen Candace nodded her head in agreement. “Let’s go see your father, shall we? I think he’s in the throne room.”  They all set off to the  throne room.

“Your highness, Her Majesty Queen Candace and your children are here to see you.”  announced the hall servant as as the Queen approached.

The king turned around and looked impatiently at his family.

“What is this about Candace, can’t you see that I’m very busy?” said the king.

“It happens to concern your children. There is an important matter we wish to discuss with you.” Queen Candace replied, challenging her husband’s temper.

“What is it?” He asked impatiently.

“Father, do you remember, Denise? May began. “

Ah yes, the troublesome Denise, stupid thing.” Answered the king.

“Well, ever since Denise was fired from the position of my lady in waiting, I’ve been meaning to get someone to replace her.” Said May.

“Yes I know May and I have promised you several times that I will find someone for you, but I don’t have time for this today, I need to talk to …”

“Father, I think Isabella would be perfect for the job.” May interrupted her father.

He looked puzzled “Isabella? Who is this girl you speak of?

“Your Majesty.” Isabella curtsied gracefully.

“Where did you find this girl? The king asked his daughter ignoring Isabella as if she wasn’t there with them.

“I found her in the woods.” Replied May.

“Well it looks like you’ve taken a liking to her, since you’ve let her borrow one of your old dresses. I suppose she can be your lady in waiting but only if she works hard.” Her father said sternly.

“Thank you father” May said clapping her hands before hugging her father.

“Now the issue at stake is that, two bodies were found in the woods by a couple of hunters. A male and female body, most likely a couple out for a morning walk. The strange thing is only their bodies were found, their heads were nowhere to be seen.” The king informed his Queen…

to be continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
Episode 4
Share this on WhatsApp
“…The strange thing is only their bodies were found, their heads were nowhere to be seen.” The king informed his Queen.

“Oh my goodness! That’s terrible!” The Queen exclaimed. Isabella gasped in horror. It couldn’t be… Could it?

Isabella looked to the side and saw that Robert was staring at her intensely. “Isabella are you alright? You’ve gone awfully pale.” May questioned, turning to face her friend.

May immediately took her friend to the guest room. “Come on, I think you just need to lie down for a few moments. I’ll let you rest for a bit and then I’ll come and get you in a few hours or so.” May hugged her tightly before closing the door gently behind her.

A sudden series of knocks on her door made her eyes snap open. Before Isabella could answer, the door opened. Prince Robert slipped into the room before closing the door.

He looked up and their eyes met. “What are you doing in here?” She asked. “What are you hiding?” His voice held power and authority.

“I don’t know what you mean…” Isabella answered timidly.

“I know you are hiding something, I saw the way you reacted when my father mentioned the bodies that had been found.” Said Robert.

“I’m not hiding anything” she stressed.

“Tell me” he demanded.

“There’s nothing to tell… your majesty” she mumbled quietly.

“I don’t want you to keep things from me. I will find out what you are hiding, Isabella.”

She remained quiet

A long time after Robert had left her room, an all too familiar voice called for him. “Robert!”

He turned to see his mother. “Mother”

“Darling, I guess you ready for the tournament tomorrow.” Queen Candace said as she placed a kiss on his cheeks.

Tomorrow was the annual jousting tournament in which noble men and knights from all around the kingdom would get the chance to take on the king and his son in a jousting battle. If they managed to win, they were entitled to a large banquet with the royal family.

“You are correct, mother.”

“How are you feeling?” the Queen inquired.

“A little on edge but I always feel this way before a contest.” Replied Prince Robert.

Come on sleepy head, rise and shine!” Princess May sang sweetly upon entering Isabella’s room. “How are you feeling now that you’ve had a little sleep?”

Much better, thank you my lady.” Isabella said softly.

“I’m glad to hear that. Don’t worry; I’ll be here every step of the way to mentor you.”

May spent the rest of the afternoon teaching Isabella the ins and outs of being her lady-in-waiting.

After the lectures from May, Isabella decided to make her way to the family library. One of the maids approached her, looking rather flustered.

“Are you alright?” Isabella asked gently. “I’ve been asked to take these fresh towels to the Prince’s chambers but I saw him stomp into his room just a few moments ago, he looked ever so angry.” She blushed.

Isabella offered to take the towels instead. “Oh thank you miss, that’s awfully kind of you.” She handed over the towels and pointed in the direction of the Prince’s chambers.

After a few moments of silence to build up enough courage she knocked lightly on the door and waited for an answer. When the door still remained closed she knocked again.

Maybe he left?

She opened the door and poked her head through the crack. Empty. She pushed the door open fully and slowly entered the room.

Isabella was so in awe of the beautiful room that she didn’t notice her feet had carried her towards the bathroom. “Oh gosh!” she exclaimed as her eyes made contact with Robert’s bare back as he leaned over the bathtub half naked.

“I…I’m so sorry your majesty. Forgive me I didn’t mean to intrude.” She turned and stumbled out of the room heading for the door. “Wait! A deep voice stopped her from escaping.

“Turn around. What are you doing in my chambers?”

“I…I was just going to drop off some fresh towels. I didn’t know …”

“But you are not a maid, you’re my sister’s lady in waiting.” He interrupted her sounding confused.

… To be continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
Episode 5

Share this on WhatsApp
“But you are not a maid, you’re my sister’s lady in waiting.” He interrupted her sounding confused.

That’s correct your majesty. I was just helping one of the maids because she …” Isabella began to ramble but was interrupted once more by Robert. “You shouldn’t be doing such chores.”

He grabbed the towels out of her hands before she could say another word. How dare he be so blunt and dismissive towards her when she was only lending a helping hand?

As she made to leave Robert so that he could take his bath, he reached out and grabbed her wrist. “Aren’t you forgetting something?” asked Robert.

Confused, Isabella asked “What do you mean?”

He stepped closer so that they were standing chest to chest. “Wish me good luck at the tournament tomorrow, sweet Isabella.” He said softly.

“G-Good luck, your majesty.” She managed in a small whisper.

“And a kiss for added luck?” He whispered.

“I’m sorry” she murmured. Without looking back she rushed out of the room and closed the door behind her.

The day of the jousting tournament soon came and everyone in the castle was busy running around to get the grounds ready in time for the festivities and celebrations.

Before the commencement of the tournament, the king stood before his throne and gave a welcome speech. No sooner had the king announced the start of the tournament than the event began in earnest.

It was quickly announced that the prince would go first. Isabella watched as Robert made final arrangements before mounting his horse. He signaled for the horse to walk forward until he was positioned below where Isabella and the other ladies were sitting.

“Sisters, I was wondering if one of you ladies would do me the honour of favouring me with your token for this round?” He said looking as smug as ever.“Morgana, would you do the honour?”

Isabella couldn’t believe it… The cheek of him! Her heart had dropped the moment Morgana’s name had left his lip. He almost stole a kiss from her innocent lips yesterday.

He had led her to foolishly believe that he might ask her to do the honours but instead he had chosen Morgana. After Robert had finished with his round and defeated his opponent, it was the king’s turn.

The crowd waited patiently for the king to take his place at the starting point. The opponent he was to face was closely surrounded by a group. As Isabella looked closely, she  noticed their stern expressions and could tell that they were discussing something serious.

Whilst everyone was focused on what the announcer was saying, the group surrounding the opponent huddled together in a tight circle.

Through a gap Isabella saw the end of the lance but instead of having a blunt end, it had been carved into a sharp point.

“A-May?” Isabella said patting her friend’s leg in panic. However, May was deep in conversation with one of her ladies and didn’t acknowledge Isabella’s desperate attempt to get her attention.

Isabella turned to look at the Queen but she too was in deep conversation with an important looking man who sat next to her.

Isabella looked frantically around the grounds until she spotted Robert who was heading towards the royal stand to join his mother and sisters.

Isabella jumped to her feet causing his gaze to lock onto her panicked expression. “Robert, the lance!” She shouted but her voice was lost beneath the cries and cheers as the round begun.

Both Robert and Isabella turned their heads to face the match and watched as the horror unfolded. The king charged forward at high speed and his opponent matched his speed. With their lances aimed at each other, they collided head on.

The opponent lowered his lance at the last moment causing the king to be jolted and thrown from his horse. The opponent had aimed for his heart and had been successful.

Blood poured through the gaps in the king’s armour. Guards fled to the king’s side as he twisted in pain. Robert rushed to his father’s side and knelt beside him.

… To be continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
Please comment after reading
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by millieademi: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
I'm very sorry but I have to ask. Is this your work? Because I read something identical on Wattpad last year.

If it is, I'm sorry but I just had to ask.

If it's not..... you should acknowledge the real author.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 8:58am On Oct 15, 2019
millieademi:
I'm very sorry but I have to ask. Is this your work? Because I read something identical on Wattpad last year.

If it is, I'm sorry but I just had to ask.

If it's not..... you should acknowledge the real author.

No I'm not the original writer, when they writer is confirmed I will surely give credit to him/her
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2019
Episode 6

Your Majesty we need to get you and the ladies out of here immediately. You are all in danger, quickly!” A couple of guards surrounded them and escorted them away from the scene.

The last thing Isabella saw was Roberta’s panicked face as he ordered the guards to help his father into the castle. As soon as they had placed him gently on his bed, the family doctor entered the chambers.

The Queen burst into the room followed by her two daughters; May and Veronica and Isabella. “Oh dear God!” the Queen cried, reaching for her husband’s hand but he withdrew quickly.

“It was her, she did this to me!” He was pointing towards the door and everyone’s head turned in the direction of the king’s finger. “Ever since she arrived here all she’s done is cause this castle problems! Get her out of my sight!”

“Hush father, this isn’t Isabella’s fault.” Queen Candace said, shocked her husband’s claim. “Your Ma-“ Isabella whispered but the king’s voice bellowed throughout the room.

“Leave, witch, treacherous witch! Guards!” A set of guards hurried into the room and grabbed Isabella’s upper arms. “Your Majesty, I didn’t do anything!” she cried.

“Robert do something! This is wrong, Isabella hasn’t done anything wrong!” May screamed, trying to hold on to her friend as the guards started to drag her out of the room.

“Robert, I didn’t do anything, please believe me!” Isabella sobbed, tears blurring her vision. “Get her out of my sight! Put her in the dungeons.” Said the king.

The guards threw Isabella into a small holding cell as soon as they reached the dungeon. A long time passed and she remained placed in the cell, all by herself. It was hard for her to keep track of how many hours she spent there.

How could anyone have thought she was responsible for the events at the tournament? She had nothing against the king, so why would she want him dead?

After hours of testing different medicines and treatments, the doctor declared that the spike of the lance had been soaked in poison. The poison was slowly destroying the King’s immune system.

He was becoming weaker and weaker. He had called Isabella every name under the sun, accusing her of dreadful things. His accusations made Robert’s blood boil.

Robert soon left him and stormed down the dungeon steps. He stumbled on a team of guards lounging around fast asleep. He carefully lifted the keys which were hung up on a nail in the wall and walked over to Isabella’s cell.

He unlocked the door trying to be as quiet as possible. “Isabella!” he whispered once. She stirred a little but remained asleep. Robert didn’t care that his father seemed afraid of this girl, he was taking her out of this cell tonight. He would deal with the consequences later.

He lifted her off the floor and made his way steadily to his chambers. He placed her gently on his bed and later joined her. Isabella’s eyes fluttered open as his body made contact with hers.

“Robert, What’s happening? Why am I in your bed?” asked Isabella.

“I” he cleared his throat before continuing. “I sorted out your release with my father, your name has been cleared.”

Relief flickered over her face but her frown returned almost immediately “That doesn’t answer my question. Why am I in your bed?”

“I put you here” He replied

“You put me here” she repeated.

“Yes”

“May I ask why?”

She soon realized that they were both half naked. “Oh my God, did we?”

“No we didn’t. But if we had, won’t you have been thankful? I am a prince after all.” he responded confidently.

Her mouth dropped open at his smug remark.

“You. Would. Have. Enjoyed. Every. Second. Of. It. Sweet. Isabella.” He pressed a kiss along her collarbone with every word. When he finished, he looked at Isabella and saw that she was looking at him with sad eyes.

There was a sudden knock on the door which made both of them jump back from their position. Isabella quickly jumped off the bed and ran into the bathroom.

Perching on the side of Robert’s bathtub, Isabella listened to the voices in the other room. “Should I come to your bed chambers again tonight, my prince?” Isabella froze and her body temperature dropped suddenly.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Replied the prince.

“Why not? You thought it was a pretty good idea yesterday and the day before that and the day before that.”

“Morgana leave”

“No”

“Morgana I don’t have time for this!”

“Make love to me, like you normally do.” Her voice sounded like a strangled cat begging for milk.

“I won’t make love to you Morgana, get out right now. I’ve had enough of you messing around with everyone!”

“Fine, but don’t come running to me when you get bored.”

Isabella heard the door slam and she walked slowly into the other room. Robert stood by the bed running his hands through his hair.

He looked up to see her standing by the bathroom door. His heartbeat increased rapidly.

… To be continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2019
Episode 7

“You were with her when I was locked up in a cell?” her voice was small.

“I was with her the morning of the tournament, that’s all. Isabella please look at me.” Robert pleaded.

“But you still went to her after we’d talked the night before. The night you asked me to kiss you.” Isabella continued, brushing his hand away.

“I didn’t go to her, she came to me! I was nervous about the tournament!” Robert defended.

“You left me down there for eleven hours just so you could have the chance to sleep with her.” her voice was barely a whisper.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean for…” He began but she cut him off. “You knew I was innocent and I didn’t do it but still ordered for me to be sent away!” A tear fell onto her cheek.

“Isabella, you don’t understand. With everything that’s happening with my father I…I” he walked closer to her but she stood up from the bed and took a few steps back.

“Don’t you dare come any closer!” she hissed.

“You have no right to talk to me like that!” He snapped, angered by her sudden attempt to control him.

She opened her mouth to fight back but her voice died in her throat. He was right. “You’re right, I apologise your majesty.” She whispered. She grabbed her outer dress that lay over a nearby chair.

He watched as she silently slipped out of the doors and disappeared from his view. She was torn. Half of her brain encouraged her to keep walking away from him but the other half was screaming at her to run back and apologise for her behavior.

She hadn’t meant to get upset but she had been terrified in that cell. Even though everyone in the castle had been nice to her, she couldn’t help but think that something horrible was just around the corner.

Robert slowly sank down onto the bed and placed his head in his hands. “Oh God!” Why had he let his anger get the better of him? Stupid Morgana had interrupted them and now she had ruined everything.

There was a loud knock on the door. “Enter.” One of his guards entered and stood to attention. “Your Highness, the Queen requires your presence in the main hall.” With a small bow, the guard closed the doors behind him.
ard many things about you.” Without breaking eye contact he placed his hand in hers and pressed a kiss on her skin.

She felt a sudden twinge of unease at what the man had said. Unless the Queen or Robert had talked to him about her, how would he know her name?

“How did someone as lovely as you find yourself under my brother’s roof?” Asked Prince Damien.

“I-I ran away from home.” She stuttered.

“I see, but I don’t believe you. I know all about you Isabella. I know things you don’t even know about yourself.”

“We’re coming for you princess.”

… To be continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 9:10am On Oct 16, 2019
Episode 8

“I see, but I don’t believe you. I know all about you Isabella. I know things you don’t even know about yourself.”

“We’re coming for you princess.”
Before Isabella could even take a well needed breath he had slipped out of her sight to the main hall. Isabella stood still. Her heart felt like it was beating a thousand times a second.

“I know all about you Isabella.” The words echoed in her mind. “I know things you don’t even know about yourself.” What the hell was that supposed to mean?

“We’re coming for you Princess.” From his words, she knew that someone was coming for her. The question was who?

“Isabella” she heard a voice calling from behind. She lifted her head and saw Robert and May staring at her from the doorway. When they saw her tear stained face they quickly made their way over to her.

“I…I” Isabella stuttered, unable to speak. May rushed forward and cupped Isabella’s face in her hands. “Are you okay?” Tears started to fall from her eyes again as she looked at her friend’s worried face. May led her friend to her chambers where they spent the night together.

The next morning, Isabella awoke to an empty bed. Her heart sunk into her stomach, her friend had gone. She noticed a folded slip of paper on the pillow next to her. She sat up at once and read the note.

Isabella,
I was called upon in the early hours with some urgency. I left without waking you because you looked so peaceful and I didn’t want to disrupt your beauty sleep. I hope you’re feeling better.
Yours May.

The castle seemed unnaturally quiet and still. The silence of the castle disturbed her. She wanted to see where everyone was. There was a small knock on the door and Princess Miranda the younger sister of Princess May peered around the frame.

“Hi Miranda” Isabella greeted her with a wide smile but it dropped when she saw the younger girl’s tear-stained face. “Miranda, what happened? Are you alright?” She rushed over to her and wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

“They won’t let me see him.” She cried.

“See who darling?” Isabella asked.

“Father. They won’t let me see him one last time!” She was wailing now.

“It’s okay.” Isabella had no idea what she was saying, of course it wasn’t okay.

“Let’s go and see if we can find your mother, I’m sure she’ll know what’s going on.” Isabella held her hand as they made their way out of the room. If what she had gathered from what Miranda had said was true, something bad had happened to the king.

Isabella headed straight to Robert’s room. She knocked on the door several times but no one answered. They then made their way to the king’s chambers. Isabella took a deep breath before entering.

.The guards looked sympathetically at Miranda as they held the doors open for them. To the left, she saw May being comforted by Prince Jared. Isabella turned to look at the center of the room and saw Queen Candace on her knees by the side of the bed; her hands were clasped together as she prayed silently.

She then moved her gaze up to the bed and saw that sheet had been pulled all the way up to the headboard concealing the body beneath it. Beside the bed was Uncle/Prince Damien who was looking steadily at Isabella.

“Isabella, you’ve joined us at a very sad time.” That was uncle/prince Damien.

“Father?” Princess Miranda ran towards the bed. Queen Candace looked up from her position and saw her third child running towards her.

Robert quickly stepped in and scooped his sister up before she could see who occupied the bed. “No! I want to see him!” She began wailing again and trashing against his hold. Jared rush to his friend’s side to help try and calm Miranda down.

Three days had come and gone since the passing of the king and the whole castle had fallen into deep silence. It had been three days since Robert found his father dead and they were still not closer to finding out what happened or who did it.

The study door flew open and his mother stood in the doorway with shaking hands. “Mother what is it?” he asked.

“Robert, I took the bowl of food that was by your father’s bed and had it tested.” She handed a piece of paper to him.

“Mother, food poison?”
“Yes, my son.”
“Who do we blame, mother?” asked Robert.

“Josephine, the chief cook because she prepares food for the king,” answered the Queen.

“But why on earth would Josephine poison father’s food? She has nothing against him! If it was her, why didn’t she try and kill the rest of us? Kill the whole family with one batch of food.” Said Robert.

“I don’t know Robert but we can’t rule her out of the list of suspects. It could be anyone.” The Queen said that and made her way out of the study room.

Robert slowly sat back down at the desk and held his head in his hands.

A timid knock on the door caught his attention. “Enter”

The door opened to reveal Isabella. She was carrying a tray filled with food.

“I just went down to the kitchen to collect your sisters’ meals and I thought I’d bring you something up as well.”

… To be continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Episode 9

“I just went down to the kitchen to collect your sisters’ meals and I thought I’d bring you something up as well.”

She was walking down the empty corridor when she saw Robert walking towards her. “Isabella, I’m sorry about earlier. I acted out of anger, I didn’t mean to snap at you like I did.” He stopped a couple of feet away from her.

“Have you noticed you’ve been doing that a lot lately?” Her blood was beginning to boil with the anger she felt.

“I suppose I have. Look Isabella, I’m…”

“No, don’t Isabella me!” She took a step back when he tried reaching for her.

“You know if I could take that back, I would. I’ve apologized and I hate myself for it. I’m sorry.” He said.

Completely speechless, Robert watched as Isabella walked away from him without a glance back.

Later that evening, Isabella was making her way to the kitchen when she heard someone call out to her. “I missed you at dinner.” She turned to see Russell hovering by the door to the gardens. “Yeah, sorry about that, the princess needed me.”

“Don’t apologise, its fine. Shall we have an evening stroll around the gardens? Asked Russell.

“Sure.” Isabella responded.

Jared who was stood looking out of the window saw Isabella and Russell as they walked round the gardens. “Well, look what we have here.” Jared prompted Robert who was looking over some letters he had found in his father’s office.

Robert walked over to the window and looked out to see what his friend was referring to. His eyes spotted her immediately; Isabella’s arm was linked with a man’s as they made their way around the gardens.

“If I were you, I’d stop being an idiot and be honest with her before you lose her to someone else.” Jared told his friend.

Suddenly, May and Miranda had burst into the room. Robert looked at his sister’s pale face “What the hell happened?” asked Robert.

“Robert, its bad. We found something down by the river.” They were both still breathing heavily. Isabella, Russell and the Queen hurried into the room followed by Uncle Damien, “What the hell is all this commotion about?” Uncle Damien asked standing next to the Queen.

“Robert, do you remember the stream we used to play by the large oak tree?” Robert nodded, “I thought it would be a good idea to go there with Miranda so that we could take our minds off what was happening here. We were playing in the water when Miranda spotted something. It was two decapitated heads Robert!”

“That’s not all,” Miranda took a step forward and held up the locket, “this was lodged in between the rocks.” A gasp left Isabella’s throat and she snatched the locket out of Miranda’s hand causing everyone to look at her, “This… this was my aunt’s”

The ground seemed to shift under her feet and she suddenly was feeling disorientated. She turned and looked at Russell and saw Uncle Damien giving her a steady look.

… To be continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2019
Previously...

The ground seemed to shift under her feet and she suddenly was feeling disorientated. She turned and looked at Russell and saw Uncle Damien giving her a steady look.

Twist of Fate – Episode 10

“Isabella what happened?” May stepped close to her friend. The feeling of confinement made Isabella stumble backwards. She needed to gain some distance. She bumped into a chest just as her legs gave way beneath her.

Robert wrapped his arms around her waist to stop her from falling to the floor, “Isabella, what happened to them? Please tell me so I can help you.” He didn’t care if he sounded weak or desperate, he just wanted to protect the girl in his arms.

“Robert, I…” Then as if someone had blown out a candle, the world went dark.

Queen Candace sat on the edge of Isabella’s bed and watched as Robert rearranged the pillows once more. “I’m sure she’s more than comfortable Robert.”

Robert had made a promise to himself that once she woke up, he would tell her how he felt. Guilt consumed him everyday over the way he had treated and spoken to her since the first time he’d met her.

The truth was that, she had shocked him. It had not just been her life that had changed the day May found her, his had changed too. Everything about her intrigued him.

“Isabella?” His mother’s voice snapped his attention back to Isabella who was slowly waking up.

“Isabella?” He sat down on the edge of the bed and helped her sit up. “Do you need water or anything? I can send for it.” He asked. She shook her head in response.

“Are you hungry? I can get you some food if you want.” The questions kept falling from his mouth.

“Robert” Isabella called.

“Please tell me whatever you need so I can help you.” Robert asked as he clasped her hands.

“Robert, listen to me!” Isabella groaned in frustration which immediately caused him to stop talking. “I think someone is trying to hurt me.” She watched as his face visibly paled. The Queen turned to her, “Why? What’s happened?”

“Do you remember what the king said about the two bodies that were found?” Isabella asked. Robert and the Queen.

“They were headless” answered the Queen. Isabella nodded miserably at her answer.

“On the day May found me, I had been running away from home. A group of soldiers had barged into my aunt’s house and killed my aunt and uncle by chopping off their heads.”

The Queen gasped and brought a hand to her mouth. “That’s horrific”

Tears started to fall down Isabella’s cheeks, “That’s not all, they said I was next.”

Robert moved closer to the edge of her bed.

“Can you tell us what they looked like, your aunt and uncle? May provided me with a vivid image.” Robert asked.

Isabella calmed herself before describing her aunt and uncle from memory.

“My uncle looked like a typical farmer or worker. My aunt always walked around the house bare footed so that her shoes would last longer. I always laughed at her for that but it worked. One pair lasted her over five years!”

Robert’s stomach had dropped; her description was similar to May’s.

“Robert, your uncle said the same thing when he saw me on his arrival.”

Anger rushed through his veins, “What? You’re only just telling me this!” He stood up and started pacing the room.

“I’m sorry.” Isabella pleaded.

“No, no don’t apologise, I didn’t mean to snap at you. I should be the one apologizing.” He cupped her face in his hands and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

“I have to go. I need to find him and put him behind bars.  If he’s threatening you then who else might he be threatening? He could even be the one responsible for father’s death. I can’t let him just walk around, free!” He quickly rush out the room to round up a troop of guards.

The Queen had sat motionless as Isabella described her aunt and uncle. At first, she couldn’t help but this feeling that she had met the woman she was describing somewhere before, however when Isabella mentioned that the woman often walked around bare footed a specific memory pushed itself to the surface.

The Queen stood up and picked up the locket that had been placed on the bedside table. “Where did your aunt get this?’ her voice was a whisper. “I think she received it as a present.” Isabella watched as the Queen inspected the piece of jewellery.

“Have you seen it before? Do you have one like it? Isabella asked but got no response.

The room fell into a deep silence. “What was your aunt’s name?” asked the Queen. “Katherine.” The silence room was suddenly filled with the Queen’s sobs.

“I knew it! I knew it was you. I can’t believe it, after all this time!” She threw her arms around Isabella and continued to weep. “I thought- I thought for so long they had taken you too. There was no news on what happened to you, only rumours. You’re alive! Thank God! I think I might faint.”

“Your Majesty, I don’t understand.” Isabella said. She was very confused.

“I knew your mother, we were best friends growing up! I can’t believe it. The first time I saw you I thought you looked familiar and now I look at you, I don’t see how I didn’t make the connection before!

“Isabella, you know the story of the lost princess, don’t you?” Isabella nodded. “It’s you, you’re the lost princess. Your father was king Marcus of Dutse Kingdom and your mother was Queen Miranda. I was pregnant with Miranda when I found out about the attack; I named her after your mother.”

It was Isabella’s turn to cry.

“That locket belonged to your mother before she gave it to Katherine. Katherine used to work in the castle as a maid and she soon became one of your mother’s most trusted ladies. Katherine is the reason you’re alive, she saved you from the attack.”

Isabella gasped as she remembered the perfume hidden under the bed. “Your Majesty, is it possible that this belonged to my mother also?” She pulled out the satchel containing the perfume.  More tears fell from the Queen’s eyes, “I gave your mother this for her fifteenth birthday. That was the last time I saw her.”

Isabella didn’t know what to do, so she cried along with the Queen and hugged her back. “Everything will be okay Isabella, I promise. I’d better go and get May and Miranda, I’m sure they’re nervously waiting to see if you’re alright.” The Queen smiled and hugged her before leaving Isabella alone in her room.

“Well, well, well, the little princess finally knows the truth.” Isabella shot up from the bed and stumbled backwards as uncle Damien appeared from behind the changing screen.

She opened her mouth to scream but Damien shoved her against the wall. “Scream and I’ll cut your precious little throat.” He sneered. He held the cold metal dagger against her throat as she took in quick breaths, panic filled her body.

… To be continued.
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by millieademi: 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
importantperson:

No I'm not the original writer, when they writer is confirmed I will surely give credit to him/her

Hi.

So I went back to Wattpad. I looked for the story. It's Royal Blood by 4evaHannah.

The book is now a paid story. In my opinion....
Re: Royal Blood (A Must Read) by 4evaHannah by importantperson: 9:16am On Oct 22, 2019
millieademi:

Hi.

So I went back to Wattpad. I looked for the story. It's Royal Blood by 4evaHannah.

The book is now a paid story. In my opinion....

OK, thanks so much.

(1) (Reply)

The Aireginan Dream: A Novel / Alter Ego / My Father My Worst Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.