Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,473 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Kanye West's "Jesus Is King:" Here's Everything You Need To Know - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kanye West's "Jesus Is King:" Here's Everything You Need To Know (333 Views)

Church Of Satan Reacts To Kanye West’s ‘jesus Is King’ Album / Daniella Okeke: "Jesus Is My Val, My Butt Getting Bigger" / Don Jazzy Was Present When Kanye West First Announced That He Will Marry Kim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West's "Jesus Is King:" Here's Everything You Need To Know by FidelPerez(m): 7:28am On Oct 14, 2019
In 2016, Kanye West dragged us through what may have been the most chaotic album rollout in history. The Life of Pablo underwent multiple title changes, moving from "So Help Me God" to "SWISH" and then "Waves" before settling.

Multiple iterations of the tracklist were shared on Kanye's Twitter, altering every time another artist passed through the revolving-door studio. The album's release was delayed, too. It was originally slated to drop on February 11, but only appeared on TIDAL three days later after Kanye's SNL performance. Even after it finally arrived, Kanye continued tweaking the songs and forcefully swapping the contents of listeners' music libraries. 

This rollout wouldn't have been nearly as hectic if the public wasn't allowed a peak of the entire process. Kanye reverting to using his Twitter account to provide updates regarding every change made to the album is what made it all so stressful, but also so entertaining, for his followers. While the TLOP rollercoaster was a fun experience, I don't think anyone wished for artists to start adopting this model of excessively transparent releases. 

When Kanye simply tweeted out a cover and release date for Yandhi in September 2018, it came as a relief. Perfect. Let's spare the beefs and the revisions and quietly drop an album like the good old days. Well, anyone who thought this would be the case proved to be deluded. Two days after the anticipated release date had passed, Kanye sent out his minion, Kim, to deal with the masses and inform them that he was not ready yet - foreshadowing a practice that would become unfortunately common. Kim presented the new release date of November 23, but about a week before that Black Friday, Kanye tweeted that Yandhi was still not ready and he'd "announce the release date once it’s done."

In the words of Tyler, The Creator, "so that was a f*cking lie." Kanye once again delivered a release date that he did not follow through on, but this time, it was for a different project. While Yandhi continues to be its own leak-filled mess, let me walk you through what we know the parallel rollout of Jesus Is King.

BORN AGAIN YE

Kanye has always been a religious man, but he wasn't always drop an album titled Jesus Is King religious. Yes, this is the same man whose music career skyrocketed largely due to a song called "Jesus Walks," but Ye has recently taken his commitment to the Lord to the next level. To the best of our knowledge, his spiritual journey commenced around the end of 2018. On December 3rd of last year, Kanye tweeted out an icon of a Holy Bible app, proclaiming it his "favorite app." He later revealed that his turn to religion was inspired by another openly devout artist, Chance the Rapper. "I need to speak about how Chance demanding that we record in Chicago reconnected me with my roots and also my faith in Jesus Christ," Ye tweeted. ...Read more https://fidelitydiary.com/kanye-wests-jesus-is-king-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

(1) (Reply)

AMAZING: Main Chick Beats Up Side Chick With Her Own Wig After She Caught Her At / Davido To Sue Sisters Who Accused Him Of Impregnating One Of Them / VIDEOS: ‘it Was A Joke,’ Says Lady Who Accused Davido Of Impregnating Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.