Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,564 members, 7,823,484 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid (8211 Views)

2023: MASSOB, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Slam Uwazuruike For Endorsing Yahaya Bello / Kogi Guber: Supreme Court Upholds Yahaya Bello's Re-Election / David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Simongm(m): 3:19am On Oct 15, 2019
Yusuf Alli, Managing Editor, Northern Operation
A former Minister of Police Affairs, Maj-Gen. David Jemibewon (rtd) has said he did not endorse the second term bid of Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.

He said leaders of Kogi West Elders Forum (KWEF) were only invited to a meeting with Bello on how to move the state forward.
He said the “endorsement of the governor” was not part of the talks with KWEF leaders.

He said the session was devoted to the good of Kogi West and the state in general including security, payment of salaries and political appointments
Jemibewon, who spoke with our correspondent on the phone, said it was unfortunate that the communiqué of the meeting was “formulated” to include endorsement.

He said he remains committed to his party, the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).
“I went to the meeting for the good of my community(Kogi West). I went for the discussion on invitation and we did not talk of endorsement at the meeting. I could not have endorsed Governor Yahaya Bello of APC for second term.
“At my age, I am not looking for any favour . I am a member of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), even though it is not terribly serious, and to come out to say I adopt anybody is a kind of anti-party activity.

At this stage of my life, I do not want to be accused of anti-party activities. As a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, I did not endorse Governor Bello.

Jemibewon faulted the communique issued at the end of the meeting.
He added: “The way the communiqué was formulated was embarrassing, it was not circulated at the meeting.
I did suggest they should send the communiqué to a former Attorney-General of the Federation, Chief Bayo Ojo for vetting. The word endorsement, I cannot remember hearing it from anybody at the meeting.

Asked of what transpired between leaders of Kogi Elders Forum (KWEF) and the governor, Jemibewon said: “We were invited to meet with the governor and as a leader, I won’t say I don’t want to see him. “We thought we were non-partisan. We talked about security, payment of salaries and political appointments. Not a single word was used to indicate endorsement and I did not endorse Bello.
“I am still in PDP, I remain committed to the party.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-didnt-endorse-yahaya-bellos-re-election-bid-jemibewon/

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Reinvented: 6:03am On Oct 15, 2019
Hmmm. Fear politicians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by nony43(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2019
This Yahaya Bello fit win again oo, the way things are going
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by PureGoldh(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Na dem dem undecided
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Luckysbab: 6:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Who go still win go still win. Make una dey fool unasef
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Sirseedorf(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Yaya Bello for the president

Okezie Ikpeazu for the vice president

Sudan will be a mega country

you feel me ?

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by ursullalinda(f): 6:40am On Oct 15, 2019
Yahaya Bello must not win in Kogi....Kogites liberate yourselves

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Kaymercury(m): 6:40am On Oct 15, 2019
Jj

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 15, 2019
K
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Rootprof(m): 6:44am On Oct 15, 2019
Mr James will not just support any candidate like that,he will only stand with the winning party, for now the kogi guber election looks dicey. Bello can't boost of his re election .
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46am On Oct 15, 2019
Kogi State Wise up!

May the best candidate win.

Someone that will change the lives of Kogi people positively. 

How we wish kogites can vote for a very good candidate outside PDP and APC.

God bless Kogi state.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by LORDKing001: 6:57am On Oct 15, 2019
Over 500k voters are expected to vote. So after the election a candidate will emerge the winner with about 280k votes while the other candidate got 240k. You already know your winner.
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Safyqueen: 7:02am On Oct 15, 2019
GYB on the rise. He will correct all the mistakes and move Kogi state forward. He has learnt a lot. Governance is not easy. If you are not part of the system before becoming the head, it's not easy to start performing from outside.

What makes Lagos growing is partially because the successive governors are people that has already serve with the preceding governments.

Kogi is a micro Nigeria with serious fetish spiritual inclinations, that the boy can survived all the attacks, both physical and spiritual till now, is not a joke.

One powerful tool he is using is balance and justice in political appointment across the three senatorial zones of the state. The state had suffered greatly in this aspect from previous governments.

He has also silence the godfathers who believes they and their family owns the state. His appointees are children of nobody and had successfully built his own political structure down to the grassroot.

If you know, you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by ultimatekint(m): 7:02am On Oct 15, 2019
I used to play with baba David Jemibewon's wife's junior sister in Ekotedo where David Jemibewon's wife rented a shop in the 70s.Infact,I also follow her to a bank at Dugbe. One thing I know about Baba is that he is a straight forward person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by nazicartel(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2019
Yahaya Bello might still not win this election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by phemmie06(m): 7:07am On Oct 15, 2019
See your life Yahyah

1 Like

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Auduambless(m): 7:17am On Oct 15, 2019
Bello must go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by brian91(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2019
Bett3rlife:
100% VISA APPLICATION GUARANTEED 10 SLOTS AVAILABLE HURRY NOW AND CALL 080::39::67::63::84 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This is an opportunity to apply for Two years U.S.A, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH KOREA and any other country working visa; for both
Family and single packages.
Note : NO DOWN PAYMENT UNTIL VISA IS OUT AND Payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. PLEASE ONLY INTERESTED PERSONS CAN CONTACT/WHATSAPP US ON 080::39::67::63::84

shocked!!! Your 10 slots never complete ba, STUPID fraudster THAT WILL LIVE TO SUFFER. Guys note that mobile number and their devilish tricks. Rich global, Swift Moore, abi na swift global with numerous, fraudulent addresses(ibadan/kaduna, union bank account holder - BABATUNDE RAFIU ADEWUSI, also OGUNWALE GBENGA BABATUNDE. Dont stop ok, you go meet your WATERLOO sooner. It will be as a DREAM. Onye'ala, madman! Nemesis na-aga. You thought he had FORGOTTEN you. Your longtime fraud would be revisited with measures uncountable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by dasrackhor(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2019
Bett3rlife:
100% VISA APPLICATION GUARANTEED 10 SLOTS AVAILABLE HURRY NOW AND CALL 080::39::67::63::84 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This is an opportunity to apply for Two years U.S.A, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH KOREA and any other country working visa; for both
Note : NO DOWN PAYMENT UNTIL VISA IS OUT AND Payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. PLEASE ONLY INTERESTED PERSONS CAN CONTACT/WHATSAPP US ON 080::39::67::63::84
Na dem..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by naijaboy756: 7:32am On Oct 15, 2019
Bett3rlife:
Stop this scamming joke

1 Like

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by achikolo(f): 7:36am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
post=83146918:
Kogi State Wise up!

May the best candidate win.

Someone that will change the lives of Kogi people positively. 

How we wish kogites can vote for a very good candidate outside PDP and APC.

God bless Kogi state.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by fergie001: 7:47am On Oct 15, 2019
He has one big school there....before Iyah-Gbede.
Remembered Bayo Ojo.....was at his place at Ekirrin-Ade.

NYSC at Gbede...sweet old days

1 Like

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Angelfrost(m): 7:49am On Oct 15, 2019
Doesn't matter who endorses or not... As long as his dad in Aso Rock has given his stamp of approval, he is winning landslide next month ( voters or no voters).
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by happney65: 8:01am On Oct 15, 2019
ultimatekint:
I used to play with baba David Jemibewon's wife's junior sister in Ekotedo where David Jemibewon's wife rented a shop in the 70s.Infact,I also follow her to a bank at Dugbe. One thing I know about Baba is that he is a straight forward person.

Never knew he is still alive sef..I still passed the road named after him along Mokola here in Ibadan yesterday.Jembewon road
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Omoayere01: 8:25am On Oct 15, 2019
[quote author=Safyqueen post=83147273]GYB on the rise. He will correct all the mistakes and move Kogi state forward. He has learnt a lot. Governance is not easy. If you are not part of the system before becoming the head, it's not easy to start performing from outside.

What makes Lagos growing is partially because the successive governors are people that has already serve with the preceding governments.

Kogi is a micro Nigeria with serious fetish spiritual inclinations, that the boy can survived all the attacks, both physical and spiritual till now, is not a joke.

One powerful tool he is using is balance and justice in political appointment across the three senatorial zones of the state. The state had suffered greatly in this aspect from previous governments.

He has also silence the godfathers who believes they and their family owns the state. His appointees are children of nobody and had successfully built his own political structure down to the grassroot.

If you know, you know.

[Rubbish!!!]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by teemey8(m): 8:28am On Oct 15, 2019
After election he will also deny this report. Fear politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 15, 2019
So you guys are feeling the heat too about the country hardship,please dont go into frustration we are in next level
brian91:

shocked!!! Your 10 slots never complete ba, STUPID fraudster THAT WILL LIVE TO SUFFER. Guys note that mobile number and their devilish tricks. Rich global, Swift Moore, abi na swift global with numerous, fraudulent addresses(ibadan/kaduna, union bank account holder - BABATUNDE RAFIU ADEWUSI, also OGUNWALE GBENGA BABATUNDE. Dont stop ok, you go meet your WATERLOO sooner. It will be as a DREAM. Onye'ala, madman! Nemesis na-aga. You thought he had FORGOTTEN you. Your longtime fraud would be revisited with measures uncountable.
Re: Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:13am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Safyqueen:
GYB on the rise. He will correct all the mistakes and move Kogi state forward. He has learnt a lot. Governance is not easy. If you are not part of the system before becoming the head, it's not easy to start performing from outside.

If you know, you know.

[/s]
I pity you.
That your 30k per month will soon stop cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Banking: Christian Group Calls For Bakare's Suspension From Can / Fashola And Tinubu Proven To Be The Most Corrupt Leaders In Nigeria / The Easy Ways To Kill The Biafran Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.