Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan (19167 Views)

Northern Petrol Marketers To Embark On Strike Over N250bn Unpaid Subsidy / Governor Sanwo-Olu Writes Eti-Osa Residents, Appeals To Them To Re-Elect Him / FIRS Writes National Assembly, Seeks Exclusive Power On VAT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by Born2Breed(f): 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
grin grin angry

Eko for show
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by brainworkng: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
Tinubu has finally finished Lagos State. The end is really near for this man. Lagos state generates nothing less than 50 billion naira in a month, yet one slowpoke Governor is seeking approval of 250 Billion naira loan. I wonder what will be left in this country after they milk it dry
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by normaman(m): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:
That guy on Bourdillon has impoverished Lagos , Lagos makes more money than most west African countries and despite having absolutely nothing to show for it the govt can't still account for and is still looking for loans to meet up
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by aalangel(f): 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has sought the endorsement of the House of Assembly for a loan of N250 billion.

My question - Does he want to excavate Lagos and build another one

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by achikolo(f): 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Proactive governance
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by normaman(m): 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
normaman:
I have often wondered why a state with annual budget of $3.2 billion will have flooded filthy roads across it's length and breath, coupled with some lawless and disorderly road users that have been left unchecked and has become Hazzardous to other road users. Compare Lag to Rwanda whose annual national budget is about $2.8 billion, they've managed to get efficiency and prudent leadership in president Paul kagame who has rewarded their nation with clean environment, 24 hrs power supply and most importantly, human capital development.
I have often wondered why a state with annual budget of $3.2 billion will have flooded filthy roads across, coupled with lawless disorderly road users that have been left unchecked and has been Hazzards. Compare lag to Rwanda whose annual natiy budget is about $2.8 billion and they've managed to get efficiency and prudent leadership which has rewarded their nation with clean environment, 24 hrs power supply and most importantly, human capital development.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by achikolo(f): 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Seeking loan isnt sign of being improverished as no one lends a poor state money, Loan to Lagos state is a financial plan of getting funds to execute projects faster than revenue streams in
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by achikolo(f): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
post=83167969:

Hmmmmmm this is so true and deep! cheesy

Little Farahaideed, hope you have taken this little lecture from your elder bro?!
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by achikolo(f): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Destroy a state yet many years after FCT was moved, some people still pack themselves like sardine efesinachi night bus to escape thier regional poverty and hustle in lagos
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by lukui: 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:
How can one man completely destroy a state and yet, igbos in Lagos are looking at him? Abi are you guys waiting for yorubas to talk? Don't wait o. Cos it is easier for a camel to go through the eyes of a needle, than for a Yoruba man to fight for his right....

fight less think more!!!

how did Biafra war during Gowon's regime ended??

modern warfare is more of thinking than physicality!!!
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by maxzzo1(m): 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:
How can one man completely destroy a state and yet, igbos in Lagos are looking at him? Abi are you guys waiting for yorubas to talk? Don't wait o. Cos it is easier for a camel to go through the eyes of a needle, than for a Yoruba man to fight for his right....
Aboy u are wicked!!!
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by femo007(m): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
The way Lagos dey take borrow money,hummmm I know want talk
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by akdjr(m): 10:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
This is less than the N282.6b illegal IGR Lagos State ceded out annually to Agberos.

Correct me if I am wrong with my submission.
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by Advancedman(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:
That guy on Bourdillon has impoverished Lagos , Lagos makes more money than most west African countries and despite having absolutely nothing to show for it the govt can't still account for and is still looking for loans to meet up

This is why they hate Ambode he refused to borrow yet was paying the previous debt

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by ValueConcepts: 11:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
aalangel:
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has sought the endorsement of the House of Assembly for a loan of N250 billion.

My question - Does he want to excavate Lagos and build another one

It is on record that the much villified ambode didn't borrow a dime in four years, rather he paid part of what was borrowed by his predecessors. He blocked every avenue for leakages (particularly the free money to party men) and what he saved from these leakages and the IGR were what he used for the few projects he did. While I do not hold any brief for him nor consider him a saint, it is very clear now that that he was only shoved aside because he did not 'Sanwo Eko'.

Some claim he was 'ungrateful' to Tinubu? I beg to differ. I will rather say his prudence was critical to the political survival and relevance of Tinubu today. If not for his prudence, Lagos State would have been in a financial limbo when Obasanjo withheld the State's allocation from the federation account and that would have made it easy for Obasanjo and PDP to take over Lagos at the polls. Or did Obasanjo not take over the other states in the South-West controlled by the AD then?

Nigeria is what it is today because our politicians never think wealth creation, rather, they steal what is presently available and what should be available in the future through their borrowings.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by wechat1: 2:02am On Oct 16, 2019
Most of the money Lagos make goes to tinubu pocket,lagosians never see anything,they forgotten that tinubu get heart stone,because abode Refuse to share lagos state money,that's why he remove him fixed his own paddy. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 16, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Proactive governance
oga this one no pro anything o!.
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 16, 2019
Why is it coming to national assembly to borrow 150 billions... Jagagban is keeping the treasury of Lagos State let sanwo-olu go and collect part of the money jagagban kept on their behalf...
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by Butoneday2(m): 8:19am On Oct 16, 2019
If you ask me na who i go ask. Lemme go and baff first i will come back later to comment. lipsrsealed
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 16, 2019
PureFace1:

Most of the money Lagos make goes to Federal Government
If most of the money go to federal.govt, why is federal govt not taking care of Lagos?

I have not seen federal govt presence in Lagos for yrs.

Why are Lagos politicians not attacking federal govt like the east?
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Seeking loan isnt sign of being improverished as no one lends a poor state money, Loan to Lagos state is a financial plan of getting funds to execute projects faster than revenue streams in
Then I want to ask you this, Why can't they offset the debts accrued over the years before borrowing another ? Do you know how much Lagos is owing both locally and internationally ? Upon all the borrowing, there are no corresponding massive infrastructures showing the money was well used. Dude be sincere to your self
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by solmusdesigns: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2019
Most of the loan taking are long term loans that its repatment can take up to 25 to 30 years

Lagos Debt profile stands at 530 billion or less than 2 billion USD, and its IGR stands at 1.5billion USD so lagos can pay up its debt in just two years

Compared to other states Lagos is visibly investing in infrastructures, atleast we can see thier BRT, the light rail project, ibeju lekki seaport, Ambode's fancy bus interchange at oshodi

The reason why a state like Lagos borrows is simply because all of its revenue doesnt come once and they have just 6 month construction window untill rain starts and all construction stops
Daguccizgreat:
Then I want to ask you this, Why can't they offset the debts accrued over the years before borrowing another ? Do you know how much Lagos is owing both locally and internationally ? Upon all the borrowing, there are no corresponding massive infrastructures showing the money was well used. Dude be sincere to your self
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by AlphLukau: 10:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Oga Sermons Preacher , Go and work
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Most of the loan taking are long term loans that its repatment can take up to 25 to 30 years

Lagos Debt profile stands at 530 billion or less than 2 billion USD, and its IGR stands at 1.5billion USD so lagos can pay up its debt in just two years

Compared to other states Lagos is visibly investing in infrastructures, atleast we can see thier BRT, the light rail project, ibeju lekki seaport, Ambode's fancy bus interchange at oshodi

The reason why a state like Lagos borrows is simply because all of its revenue doesnt come once and they have just 6 month construction window untill rain starts and all construction stops
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by West2019(m): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2019
affable4:
Please, how much are we making at the toll gate for an Express road that is just from VI to Ogombo round about?

Scam of the century!!!!!!!
95 million per day
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by experience16: 11:07am On Oct 16, 2019
I thought the Lagos-Badagry road has been approved by the Federal government in the last month FEC meeting. Why does Sanwo- olu want to spend money on an already approved federal road? Smh. We are really in a one chance government in Lagos state
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by aalangel(f): 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2019
ValueConcepts:

It is on record that the much villified ambode didn't borrow a dime in four years, rather he paid part of what was borrowed by his predecessors. He blocked every avenue for leakages (particularly the free money to party men) and what he saved from these leakages and the IGR were what he used for the few projects he did. While I do not hold any brief for him nor consider him a saint, it is very clear now that that he was only shoved aside because he did not 'Sanwo Eko'.

Some claim he was 'ungrateful' to Tinubu? I beg to differ. I will rather say his prudence was critical to the political survival and relevance of Tinubu today. If not for his prudence, Lagos State would have been in a financial limbo when Obasanjo withheld the State's allocation from the federation account and that would have made it easy for Obasanjo and PDP to take over Lagos at the polls. Or did Obasanjo not take over the other states in the South-West controlled by the AD then?

Nigeria is what it is today because our politicians never think wealth creation, rather, they steal what is presently available and what should be available in the future through their borrowings.

Well said!!
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by awuf2008: 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
. making well over 35 billion IGR every month, still have have the guts to ask for a whooping N250 billion loan. Many states don't make one 5th of N30b, yet manage it well. If Lagos government continue like this, it may go bankrupt sooner than expected.
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by 9jaRealist: 3:31am On Oct 17, 2019
PureFace1:
Most of the money Lagos make goes to Federal Government

It does NOT...
Even VAT is mostly returned to the states.

>
Re: Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan by 9jaRealist: 3:34am On Oct 17, 2019
experience16:
I thought the Lagos-Badagry road has been approved by the Federal government in the last month FEC meeting. Why does Sanwo- olu want to spend money on an already approved federal road? Smh. We are really in a one chance government in Lagos state

The federal government is only handling from Okokomaiko to Seme border, the rest of it has been assumed by Lagos...
>

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Labour Congress Rejects Petrol Price Increment / Osinbajo Meets With Ibe Kachikwu And Dickson (Photo) / Senate Summons Adeosun, Emefiele Over ‘unauthorised $462m’ For Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.