Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,314 members, 7,860,761 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads (15549 Views)

Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign / Coronavirus: Atiku Asks FG To Pay N10,000 To Each Household, As He Donates N50M / FG Returns Toll Gates On Federal Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by Promismike(m): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
Advocate500:
so what will be the job of FG in Nigeria?paying salaries and allocations among state, most I am rattled by the way most of u reason in this forum.
your comment has left me with so much suprise that I wonder if u really exit to ask such a mediocre question.

Bros, the major responsibilities of centre government in a sane clime is making is making fiscal policies, control of military, control of import and export etc. The are contained in exclusive list.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by Advocate500: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
wink2015:

Federal government responsibility will now be targeted towards foreign affairs, defence, immigration, customs and the few rest of it.
oga we have not gotten to that level yet ,our major problem now as a third world nation is underdevelopement, the three tiers of government most be fully involved, is only United states of America that run the system.because they are already developed ,u most count one before counting two.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by debaj10: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
chai!
God in heaven, how can u let dis guy suffer lyk dis?
looking without seeing?
is d jazz dat strong?! shocked

what has 2020 budget got to do with d topic or sp agreeing wit d PDP senator?
- because they're in d same article?
can u b dis dense?!

seun, u need to start adult education classes on nairaland o!
(guy, wots ur age?)
dis won don pass bkiafu.
so sad…

minwyl, so u were taught that everyone who disagrees with u hates u, abi?
u need to go and demand restitution from whoever trained u that way.
smh
solmusdesigns:
In his remarks, President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan who noted that every part of the country suffers from this problem of deplorable roads, however, expressed optimism that the committees mandated to look into the matter will swing into action and attend to the issue associated with this motion.

Meanwhile, the Senate yesterday rounded off debate on the general principles of the 2020 Appropriation Bill of N10.33 trillion presented before the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari had on Tuesday presented a total budget estimate of N10.33 trillion for 2020 Fiscal year to a joint session of the National Assembly.

The Senate last week Wednesday commenced debate on the budget, just as it has adjourned plenary for two to enable heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs appear before the various Standing committees of the Senate to defend their budget proposals.

since hate blinded you to read this part, let me help you read it out again

Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by solmusdesigns: 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
Typicall trash talking, wasting time with you is meaningless because you are deep in hate

debaj10:
chai!
God in heaven, how can u let dis guy suffer lyk dis?
looking without seeing?
is d jazz dat strong?! shocked

what has 2020 budget got to do with d topic or sp agreeing wit d PDP senator?
- because they're in d same article?
can u b dis dense?!

seun, u need to start adult education classes on nairaland o!
(guy, wots ur age?)
dis won don pass bkiafu.
so sad…

minwyl, so u were taught that everyone who disagrees with u hates u, abi?
u need to go and demand restitution from whoever trained u that way.
smh
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by achikolo(f): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Typicall trash talking, wasting time with you is meaningless because you are deep in hate

[/s]
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by bigpicture001: 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
The govt is dping roads only in the SW....all other roads dont concern dem..i guess the declaration is to complete those of other sputh west states.....regional party!
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by uuzba(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
whatisthetruth:
How much is interlocking stone that government would still be struggling with road?

Just about 10 boys can lay a couple hundred meters per day and finish any road in Nigeria, or at least, most roads.
You can't use interlocking stones for places where trailers and heavy equipment will pass.
Their weight will compress and damage it.
Never assume that it's only Okada or tricycles that ply the road.
Design for the worst case and heaviest use with rain and traffic.
There's a way they use granite stones and cement packed to like 1foot deep before using coal tar on top to finish.

That way OR adding iron rods to the road as if they are casting a building slab

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by KingGBsky(m): 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
It had never been this way but under the clueless, useless, presidentless buhari.
It’s just a pity when others present their president, we present Buhari. Smh..
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
ola33t:
shocked

They should rather declare a state of anarchy on the whole federation.

I don talk this thing before, but people think say I dey craze.

but the truth is bitter and yet, it is consumable.
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by Jaybee8181(m): 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
Please what's the difference between Senate and fg? Is it only the president and his crew that made up FG?
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by maasoap(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
That would be better
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by debaj10: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
solmusdesigns:

lol
h8, h8, h8
is dt d extent of ur shallow mind?
isok
las las, u go dey oryt.
shout me some sai baba dia!
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by gregyboy(m): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
post=83168653:
This is a very good one from the senate.

Now, this is the change we voted for.

God bless Nigeria.

You be mumu...chaiii
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by Darnyelx: 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

FG must release some roads to States Government, better yet roads should be privatised for tolling at 30% interest rate on cost of repair

Salik praticaly owns many road in Dubai and UAE at large, and they toll people digitally through prepaid toll tags

Average cost of 1km of road in nigeria is around N30m , any investor would put his money to build worldclass roads if he knows he would get atleast N45m on every kilometer he construct over time

Hm my bro, Nigerians no go gree ooo. We want it free. Everything must be free. I believe our past government really spoilt us in this country thats why its difficult to do things like this. Like they say, you cant bend a fish when its dry
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by tansho(m): 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
I blame Jonathan and PDP
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 16, 2019
post=83168713:

THE WALKING DEAD.
Part 3!
U aren't smart, those that made money for praise singing have left with their millions.
They wrote articulate posts, know when to comment and left when the ovation is high. Some of them are still here trading forex. Some are laying low in sports section.

When election is close, they will resurface again and go away with their millions .
But u, u sing like mad man every day with stipends to show for it. They tell u to continue relentlessly to project your subject and his administration in good light, u keep chasing every topic. Your thumbs must be numb by now.

They will never recognise u as they did others. Ask one of your fella how he tried but still no recognition. His per day posts has reduced drastically cheesy cheesy

Hungry praise singer cheesy cheesy cheesy

U will make more money singing praises of market men and women in ladipo than what u make here.
(A good suggestion from me to u with all sincerit)
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by Jaqenhghar: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2019
They need to declare SOE on the entire shithole. The country has become Venezuela
Re: Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads by whatisthetruth: 10:35am On Oct 16, 2019
uuzba:

You can't use interlocking stones for places where trailers and heavy equipment will pass.
Their weight will compress and damage it.
Never assume that it's only Okada or tricycles that ply the road.
Design for the worst case and heaviest use with rain and traffic.
There's a way they use granite stones and cement packed to like 1foot deep before using coal tar on top to finish.

That way OR adding iron rods to the road as if they are casting a building slab

Good info, didn’t know that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Warn IPOB Over Buhari’s Visit To South-east / Prayer For Bukola Saraki On His 56th Birthday (Photos) / I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.