Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,933 members, 7,838,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? (63305 Views)

See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) / Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Sleevia: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2019
eldest:

Mama gold and Stallion are Thailand rice not Nigerian
Only Mamas pride is Nigerian made
read above this comment of yours and see that mama gold has been rebranded as mama pride.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
Please everybody one and a half years ago there is a big player missing from here in the rice industry what happened to dangote's rice farm and the rice brand tastic rice dangote. About one-and-a-half years ago He told us he is going into rights farming and also cassava farming that the brand of rice will be called tastic rice . But from that time we have not yet anything from him or what has gone wrong with his rice farm after he said he is planting 5000 Hector's of rice
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Sammy011(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
This is very good, we are discussing this now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
I never know Nigerian has lots of local rice mills and names like these. I am hearing almost all for the names first time. Let's patronise our own.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
Sleevia:
read above this comment of yours and see that mama gold has been rebranded as mama pride.

So does this mean that the mama gold products which way are seen all over Lagos and southwest is imported. In my area there is a lot of mama gold products
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by kingsol1759(m): 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
Sir ,there are a lot of things people do not know about rice . it will be our pleasure to enlighten you the more about locally processed rice. First of all rice in Nigeria comes in two types Upland and Lowland. We provide the two as well as your choice if you want the odour and if you dont .you can connect with me on twitter to know more @MrsolomonA
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
Please dangote what happened to your rice farm and your rice. Also you told us you are doing a lot of rice for youth farming. What has gone wrong we have not seen any of your rice products does this mean that you are using it to make spaghetti as a substitute for wheat.. please do not tell us you have abandoned the youth in the war-torn areas of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Sleevia: 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

So does this mean that the mama gold products which way are seen all over Lagos and southwest is imported. In my area there is a lot of mama gold products

From. What that person said, it used to be imported but now locally produced.

I think these rice sellers have poor PR team.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by virtuedagirl(f): 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
francisbarrack:

Whats r d price range
Don't know with this recent hike in price.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Sleevia: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
Please dangote what happened to your rice farm and your rice. Also you told us you are doing a lot of rice for youth farming. What has gone wrong we have not seen any of your rice products does this mean that you are using it to make spaghetti as a substitute for wheat.. please do not tell us you have abandoned the youth in the war-torn areas of Nigeria.

Dangote is often used as shield.. That is what many of you do not know.

Baba has built a name that people can pay for to launch anything, while he act like he is the real face behind it. If deals does not go as planned, he bolts.

Remember the tomato paste factory? Dangotes real business is Cement and Refinery

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by egopersonified(f): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2019
kingsol1759:
Sir ,there are a lot of things people do not know about rice . it will be our pleasure to enlighten you the more about locally processed rice. First of all rice in Nigeria comes in two types Upland and Lowland. We provide the two as well as your choice if you want the odour and if you dont .you can connect with me on twitter to know more @MrsolomonA

open a new thread and tell us there, some of us are not on Twitter

in other news, let us help ourselves by not inflating prices. I bought big bull yesterday in benin for 23k and the person who asked me to buy it told me it used to be 14k but was increased to 19k, now its 23k.

in other other news, when can we open our borders and flood Benin republic with Nigerian rice?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by emmamajesty: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
onyx savannah rice Bida Niger state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by emmamajesty: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2019
still onyx savannah rice Bida no stone and as clean and polish as foreign rice

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by mercyvivv(f): 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
Lake rice
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by boxypane(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2019
Grinya rice, kogi State.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Dpharisee:
Abakaliki Rice, my colleague in the office introduced a dealer to me and it tasted wonderful

Post d dealer contact u can also hlp them grow
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by tiwasiaife(m): 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2019
Adani Rice

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by mechanics(m): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
Kwakuti rice- Niger state.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by kingsol1759(m): 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thank you sir for your enquiry,you can contact us via mobile 07036394918 thank you very much
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Legendguru: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
None all filled with stones and tiny what we aren’t ready for shouldn’t be enforced the border closure is nothing but capital punishment on the masses

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by wechat1: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
stone rice grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by ollygee2008(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
Igbemo rice
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by goat22: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Dsourcee:
Bull

Stop this please we both know that Abaribe blocked the fermented bull ricer, you were in the meeting and saw it! Even senator kalu sentebe was in that meeting! :>(
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
If you're in Abeokuta, you can buy metro rice in asero ( tested and OK)
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by maryalloy(f): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
Garkawa rice from Plateau State
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Bigboss111(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
For me, I have no good reason to eat local rice until the marketers stop selling 'sandy rice'. I may decide to suspend eating rice when I cannot find any foreign rice.

But I think there are few good ones in the market. Try buying few cups to taste instead of buying whole bag to avoid disappointment.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by nlPoster: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
Amanee:
Ebony rice from Ebonyi

Short grained and sweet

Ps: For those complaining about rice with Stones, you obviously didn't buy from the mill if not they destone and bag it for you. If you buy one derica from these roadside sellers, some of them don't destone the rice because they want to make more profit.

I would give this person high marks for presentation.

S/he showed the product itself.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by nlPoster: 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
rhythyson:
See am ooo

Call the name ya self

Also a good presentation, he vouches for the product personally although we don't see the texture of the rice.

All the pictures have clarity and quality, the two I mentioned went an extra mile and this made them stand out.
Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by simpleswazy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
Dsourcee:
Bull
bull is very good no stone whatsoever it's also in malls around Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Chizim1: 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
Mama's pride

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by jaybliss1410(m): 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
[

Never encountered stones in them, neither were they soggy... Lil wonder they can easily rebag them and pass them off as the much celebrated FOREIGN rice. They are that good!

So, I will say Mama Gold, Mama's Pride and Stallion. That is also what they always gave us during festive periods at my former place of work. Now I know they were buying Naija.

never knew mama gold is local rice oo. eaten it from ages even stallion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? by Okundaye4(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
dhappyking:
ADANI RICE is what we enjoy here in Nsukka, Enugu State. It is confirmed local long grain rice. De-stoned, delicious clean white color after cooking. I got this bag of 25kg for N6,100 just two weeks ago. I learnt same size and quality is going g for N8,000 as at yesterday. That means 50kg will go for N16,000 now.

Do you know their dealer contact?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria / Bull Shark Caught In Oyorokotor, Rivers State (Photos) / Braai: See What South Africans Typically Have For Christmas Lunch (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.