Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,621 members, 7,770,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:36 PM

Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria (63209 Views)

8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / Top 5 Abuja Fast Food Restaurants To Know / Nigerian Restaurants In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by crucifeso: 12:11pm On May 16, 2006
Can any one help me out with the names of the popular fast food restaurants that we have in Nigeria?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Eastcoast(f): 2:21pm On May 16, 2006
Mr. Biggs
tantalizers
sweet sensation
tasty fried chicken
kas chicken

1 Like

Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Eastcoast(f): 2:21pm On May 16, 2006
i can't remember any other.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by DaHitler(m): 2:23pm On May 16, 2006
You basically listed all the popular ones.

Double4 is also nice. It is not completely fast food, but it is close.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Eastcoast(f): 2:24pm On May 16, 2006
haven't heard about it before. is it in lagos or where?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by chy(f): 2:27pm On May 16, 2006
TASTY FRIED CHICKEN
CHICKEN REPUBLIC
MR BIGGS
NANDOS
MUNCHIES
TANTALISERS
SWEET SENSATION
CHICKEN LICKEN

1 Like

Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Eastcoast(f): 2:30pm On May 16, 2006
i've remembered one
favorites
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by DaHitler(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2006
It is in lagos. I was there about 4 years ago and I can't remember what part of lagos it is in.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Ib(f): 2:32pm On May 16, 2006
Ghana high is the highest oh!

Has anyone ever heard of foodsteps?

1 Like

Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 11:07pm On May 16, 2006
Ghana High Commision LOL!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin. Is it still there? Their rice and stew was the $hit back in the days.

@Eastcoast

Can u also add exact locations of where these Joints are? For Example you can say Mr. Biggs on Ozumba Mbadiwe in Lagos. So we can have an idea if new ones are in different cities and if we know their specialties, we can add that too. I like this place in PH called Jeviniks in GRA.They have one in Aba , and i think Owerri. Where is Nandos?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 11:21pm On May 16, 2006
FRIENDS
CHIQUITA
KINGS (in Gombe state -- real good fast food joint).

I cant remember any other.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Baatunde(m): 11:55pm On May 16, 2006
Hot angel must really be a local Gombe babe for her to be unaware that Mr Bigg's is now in Gombe.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 12:07am On May 17, 2006
FAVOURITES
FLAVOURS
CHICKEN REPUBLIC
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 12:16am On May 17, 2006
Baatunde:

Hot angel must really be a local Gombe babe for her to be unaware that Mr Bigg's is now in Gombe.

I know that Mr. Biggs is now in Gombe, but somebody already mentioned MR. BIGGS SIR! Thank u very much. Besides, i left gombe before Mr. Biggs got there. Nonetheless, i know that it's now there.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 12:22am On May 17, 2006
Afeni:

You basically listed all the popular ones.

Double4 is also nice. It is not completely fast food, but it is close.

Afeni:

It is in lagos. I was there about 4 years ago and I can't remember what part of lagos it is in.

Double 4 is on Awolowo Road in Ikoyi. Last time I was there was many years ago so don't know if it's still there. Cool place though. Same as Pachinos on the same road. Great place for dates fellas!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by vickybabe(f): 2:52am On May 17, 2006
is it true i heard they have church's chicken in nigeria now?

http://cjonline.com/classifieds/specials/images/display/d022200ssg_p1_adlet.jpg
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Idekeson(m): 3:56am On May 17, 2006
What percentage of the general population can walk in and order a simple chicken and fries in this restaurants. Less than 1%, I'm sure. That's how you measure standard of living and Nigeria ranks very low. I hate how the Nigerian economy has turned these joints into status symbols. angry angry angry
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Fimmy(m): 4:47am On May 17, 2006
u too like food
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 6:37am On May 17, 2006
Oh my daze, Go to double4, It's on Awolowo rd, I think its about number 40 or so, a few yards down after chicken republic and it's on the other side of the road from 11:45 night club, I doubt that they do anything 'Fast' though, Ask for Mr. Beautiful, he's a really really nice host.

If you want Traditional food, Go to Calabash (Ozumba Mbadiwe rd, Victoria Island) I can testify to their good cooking too,

If you're in Ikeja go to Calabar pot, I can't remember what street it was on cos we drove round in circles and circles just to eat there but the food was well worth it!

I would have said Golden Gate too, cos their food is nice but their prices are absolutely ridiculous, I mean you'll cry out all the food when you see your bill!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by chy(f): 8:29am On May 17, 2006
@vickybabe there is church's chicken in ikeja
along allen avenue there food tastes nice too with the
chicken combination
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by gidig(m): 8:33am On May 17, 2006
Is it a Quick Service Restaurant where basically snacks are sold or the regular restaurants?
For the tradiutional restaurant,check out Lascala juist nehind the MUSON.There service and food are wonderful ; the atmospehre is also very suitable.There manager's name is Mr. Levi.Dont know if he is still there sha.
Ocaenview is also okay.haven't been there but my friends say it is okay.
How about Golden gate? There are loads of upscale restaurant in the Ikoyi Victoria Island Axis.
Outside Lagos? I have no idea at all.Sorry!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by nikitareal(f): 9:58am On May 17, 2006
IYA BASIRA
KINGS(in redemption camp)
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by charlisco(m): 11:29am On May 17, 2006
Here in Delta State we have Sizzlers and Esxco
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2006
Golden Gate is on Kingsway road in Ikoyi and you can get food to go such as prawns, spring rolls etc. However, like naijacutee said, the food is over-priced and I believe most people just go there so they can say they did!

Another one is New Yorkers off Awolowo road in Ikoyi. The food is not fantastic but my boys and I went there a lot back in the day because it was new and we didn't know any betterĀ  smiley

Oh yeah, 'Les Amis' the Lebanese place on Awolowo road is good. Always had a soft spot for it. Been a while so I don't know if it's still there. I'll check next time I'm in Naija.

There was a great place in Ikeja called 'Please Mum'. Again, don't know if it's still there.

Ok, enough from me about food! Goodness! I'm not really a 'food-person' but I have somehow always abused my body with junk. It's the way on 'The Island'. Gosh I miss those days.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 12:09pm On May 17, 2006
Hey guys, what is 11:45 (the nightclub) like? Good music? Good crowd? Anyone know?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 1:03pm On May 17, 2006
11:45 is a great place to hang out. Go there during summer, easter or christmas and you're sure to meet up with people you haven't seen in 5-10 years,

I think they host loads of home-coming parties every year ( I know they did last christmas)so it's a very relaxed place
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Eastcoast(f): 1:47pm On May 17, 2006
why is fast food very expensive in nigeria?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2006
Ta naijacutee. I'll check it out this Christmas.

@Eastcoast
I think it's because fast-food is primarily a status symbol back home.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by nakinzibe: 2:12pm On May 17, 2006
y'all suck!

i bet u never been there!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2006
Are you alright?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Idekeson(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2006
Eastcoast:

why is fast food very expensive in nigeria?

Status symbol. They've elevated basic food like chicken, fries, pasta, pizza etc to expensive cuisine. You have to be rich to afford the simplest pizza or chicken and broccoli in Nigeria. angry sad
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by DaHitler(m): 2:44pm On May 17, 2006
Fast food is expensive in Nigeria because of the added cost that it takes to operate these places. The 24/7 generator, 3 armed security guards, and other bills are not going to pay for themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Pouched Rat My Dogs Caught This Morning (Photos) / Slay Mama Struggling To Eat Burger With Cutlery In Lagos / The Grasscutter My 404 Dogs Killed This Morning..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.