Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat (14665 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by TruthinAction: 11:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
It's imperative for us to give an explanation of why the earth that is modeled to be spherical looks flat. This has led to a new concept that the earth cannot be spherical and this new concept rather proposes a flat earth surface.

The earth has an estimated radius of 6371km. From calculation, to have a drop or depression of 1foot from an original position moving in any direction, you have a move a distance of at least 2km. So within a distance of 100m, the perpendicular depression you will experience is about half an inch. So, you feel a flat earth surface within a short distance. So, those who disprove the spherical earth model should rethink.

The moon is spherical, the sun is spherical. Other planets are spherical. Why do they think the earth will be different?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by peggywebbs(f): 6:23am On Oct 17, 2019
I won't describe the earth as flat and I won't accept that the rotates. Why? Because time and time again science has always proven to contradict itself. First of all I remember reading an article, and even NASA does not have the full view of the earth, all the videos that show the earth as being spherical are just some graphical scientific analysis. According to one article I read, NASA claims they would need about four robotic space crafts to get a full view of the earth.

I also read an interview of some astronauts, none talk in detail about the earth instead they were complaining they had a lot to do and their cameras had to work at a fast shutter speed because they space lander was also on orbit. Excuses have also been given about the lack of stars in space photos. According to one of the astronauts filming was done during day and some others said some funny reason why the stars could not be captured with the camera.

All I hear is excuses and reasons. Someone gave an example that when a tiny ant is placed on a ball and the ball is spun, the ant doesn't feel the rotation and will not fall ,even though that expression is very flawed because I know very well that when there is a slight shift of the ball, the ant will immediately retreat. Astronauts then gave another excuse that from space they can't see the actual rotation of the earth because it moves like 1000 miles in twelve hours.

I see the clouds moving, then they give us reason that the clouds move with the earth's rotation. I believe the the clouds are basically affected by the humidity, temperature and seas as well as some probably earthly factors. Again, I may be wrong because you know what I don't know anything about the earth ,I just live in it.

Another reason I won't take the false calculations of scientists is because of their insistence on the idea of the big bang theory. I don't believe the earth exploded in other to expand. I don't believe the universe or space is expanding. You know why? Because all these are based on calculations, scientific analysis without any true origin of fact.

Now these same scientists or researchers are looking for UFOs, its ok. They talk about gravity, there is nothing like gravity. Gravity is a legend that started with Isaac Newton, it is not fact but just a thinking.

So im definitely sure that I don't live in a circle that spins around. I definitely don't believe the earth is flat. All I know is I'm living in the earth and so far I'm not falling its fine. It can be circle, round, tabular, a tree I don't give a hoot.
I am verh sure that these so called researchers will come up again in the next couple of years and tell us something else. Yesterday we were hearing two asteroids are on their way to the earth. Day before yesterday I was watching a video of these same crazy researchers about a giant asteroid that can obliterate our planet.

Anyway good luck.

TruthinAction:
It's imperative for us to give an explanation of why the earth that is modeled to be spherical looks flat. This has led to a new concept that the earth cannot be spherical and this new concept rather proposes a flat earth surface.

The earth has an estimated radius of 6371km. From calculation, to have a drop or depression of 1foot from an original position moving in any direction, you have a move a distance of at least 2km. So within a distance of 100th, the perpendicular depression you will experience is about half an inch. So, you feel a flat earth surface within a short distance. So, those who disprove the spherical earth model should rethink.

The moon is spherical, the sun is spherical. Other planets are spherical. Why do they think the earth will be different?

10 Likes

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:42am On Oct 17, 2019
There is no 2ways about it. The earth looks flat because it is actually flat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by OpenYourEyes1: 8:15am On Oct 17, 2019
TruthinAction:

The earth has an estimated radius of 6371km. From calculation, to have a drop or depression of 1foot from an original position moving in any direction, you have a move a distance of at least 2km. So within a distance of 100th, the perpendicular depression you will experience is about half an inch. So, you feel a flat earth surface within a short distance. So, those who disprove the spherical earth model should rethink.

http://robschannel.com/nasa-in-hebrew
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Emusan(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2019
TruthinAction:

Well if I should choose btw a flat earth model and a spherical model, I'll go with flat earth. Though I don't subscribe to any.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 9:17am On Oct 17, 2019
peggywebbs:
I won't describe the earth as flat and I won't accept that the rotates. Why? Because time and time again science has always proven to contradict itself. First of all I remember reading an article, and even NASA does not have the full view of the earth, all the videos that show the earth as being spherical are just some graphical scientific analysis. According to one article I read, NASA claims they would need about four robotic space crafts to get a full view of the earth.

I also read an interview of some astronauts, none talk in detail about the earth instead they were complaining they had a lot to do and their cameras had to work at a fast shutter speed because they space lander was also on orbit. Excuses have also been given about the lack of stars in space photos. According to one of the astronauts filming was done during day and some others said some funny reason why the stars could not be captured with the camera.

All I hear is excuses and reasons. Someone gave an example that when a tiny ant is placed on a ball and the ball is spun, the ant doesn't feel the rotation and will not fall ,even though that expression is very flawed because I know very well that when there is a slight shift of the ball, the ant will immediately retreat. Astronauts then gave another excuse that from space they can't see the actual rotation of the earth because it moves like 1000 miles in twelve hours.

I see the clouds moving, then they give us reason that the clouds move with the earth's rotation. I believe the the clouds are basically affected by the humidity, temperature and seas as well as some probably earthly factors. Again, I may be wrong because you know what I don't know anything about the earth ,I just live in it.

Another reason I won't take the false calculations of scientists is because of their insistence on the idea of the big bang theory. I don't believe the earth exploded in other to expand. I don't believe the universe or space is expanding. You know why? Because all these are based on calculations, scientific analysis without any true origin of fact.

Now these same scientists or researchers are looking for UFOs, its ok. They talk about gravity, there is nothing like gravity. Gravity is a legend that started with Isaac Newton, it is not fact but just a thinking.

So im definitely sure that I don't live in a circle that spins around. I definitely don't believe the earth is flat. All I know is I'm living in the earth and so far I'm not falling its fine. It can be circle, round, tabular, a tree I don't give a hoot.
I am verh sure that these so called researchers will come up again in the next couple of years and tell us something else. Yesterday we were hearing two asteroids are on their way to the earth. Day before yesterday I was watching a video of these same crazy researchers about a giant asteroid that can obliterate our planet.

Anyway good luck.

Shut up. The Earth is shaped like a donut. I have proof. There's a magnet in the Earth that's why it pulls everything to it. The sun are pulled across the sky in a chariot by fire horses. The moon by bats. The stars are fireflies stuck to the firmament.

In a world bursting with information ignorance is a choice.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2019
Emusan:

Well if I should choose btw a flat earth model and a spherical model, I'll go with flat earth. Though I don't subscribe to any.

I've studied both flat Earth model doesn't explain anything and it contradicts real life

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Ola17: 9:55am On Oct 17, 2019
While embarking on interstate travels as a kid, I could swear that tall trees in the distance were following our vehicle as it moved. Not until it was explained to me that the illusion of movement by the trees was because they were usually at a distance and the road a little circular.

Things are not always what they seem to the unaided eyes wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by peggywebbs(f): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2019
Oh really? You've been to space? I didn't know. Don't tell me your proof is from physics then I know you're just hilarious.

The fact still remains that gravity does not exist, scientists don't even know what gravity is, their idea is just a theory from Isaac Newton.

All the scientific explanations seem logical but they are based on theories. None of the information is actual fact. The fact that we in Africa here fail to develop ourselves to figure things out shows we will still keep buying what other countries tell us about the universe.

Like I said I don't believe the earth is flat neither do I believe it is a sphere. It is definitely round but thats just about it. All the explanations of how the sun rotates around the earth is bull crap.

I even read one of these NASA articles that explained that over 4.5 billion years ago earth did not have an atmosphere, imagine, they claimed that the earth due to volcanic components, released components that formed the gases that make up the atmosphere. They claim that there was no life on earth and that it was a very hot planet until everything started cooling off. They said that was when life began to form.

Now the foundation of the earth's philosophy is completely wrong because as usual they are based on theories or will I say speculations. They now come up with another calculative analysis of how the earth rotates and then orbits around the sun? Without proof and again i say without proof.

Science is meant to provide logical explanation on how things work but it is not the actual basis of fact. There is still so much to discover about the universe before a conclusion can be made about anything and this is a lot of work which can take hundreds of years.

Some things are so simple but we like to look for complex solutions. When its a straight line from point a to b, science will move 360 degrees from point a to get to b.

[/quote]

Horlufemi:

Shut up. The Earth is shaped like a donut. I have proof. There's a magnet in the Earth that's why it pulls everything to it. The sun are pulled across the sky in a chariot by fire horses. The moon by bats. The stars are fireflies stuck to the firmament.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2019
Horlufemi:

I've studied both flat Earth model doesn't explain anything and it contradicts real life

how does flat earth contradict real life.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Ola17: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
Peggywebbs

According to you, science as we know it is all speculations devoid of fact. What then is the principles of our modern inventions including the device you used to post your opinion hinged on?

Gravity too doesn’t exist? Oh well, what do I know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Emusan(m): 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
Horlufemi:

Flat earth model to me still holds much than spherical earth when compared both analysis.

In fact, one thing that made me root for flat earth model is GRAVITY. I disagree totally with gravitational pull of the spherical earth.

Take for instance, the sun's gravity is so hug that it holds the biggest planet (Jupiter) and fifth in position in our solar system in place yet this same gravity can allow Earth weak gravity to hold moon in its own orbit.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
There is no 2ways about it. The earth looks flat because it is actually flat.
Funny how people can refuse the evidence their very own eyes observe.

You tell them bro, the earth looks flat because the earth is flat and the moon is made of Swiss cheese and the Japanese fuel the sun and make it rise everyday and the freemasons stop people from discovering the edge of the earth because that's where they store all their gold.

https://www.nairaland.com/5458081/been-lied-earth-flat-not

2 Likes

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2019
Horlufemi:

I have better proof. See my post above. Its all the proof you need that the earth is a flat pancake and there's no jam in the middle!
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
budaatum:

You tell them bro, the earth looks flat because the earth is flat and the moon is made of Swiss cheese and the Japanese fuel the sun and make it rise everyday and the freemasons stop people from discovering the edge of the earth because that's where they store all their gold.

guy you have to stop quoting me
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
guy you have to stop quoting me
I don't have to do anything you say Emilo.
Ignorons need to learn the earth is flat!
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
budaatum:

I have better proof. See my post above. Its all the proof you need that the earth is a flat pancake and there's no jam in the middle!

There's jam o. There's jam. Secreted by bees and sugar ants
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:55pm On Oct 17, 2019
budaatum:

I don't have to do anything you say Emilo.
Ignorons need to learn the earth is flat!
pls just stop
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
Horlufemi:

There's jam o. There's jam. Secreted by bees and sugar ants
You sure? I never seen any myself, but perhaps I haven't looked hard enough.

What you think Emilo? Sugar bees and jam ants?
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
Emusan:

Flat earth model to me still holds much than spherical earth when compared both analysis.

In fact, one thing that made me root for flat earth model is GRAVITY. I disagree totally with gravitational pull of the spherical earth.

Take for instance, the sun's gravity is so hug that it holds the biggest planet (Jupiter) and fifth in position in our solar system in place yet this same gravity can allow Earth weak gravity to hold moon in its own orbit.

Uncle you are not scientifically smart enough to take me on this journey.

Let's leave it like that but let me drop this if the sun cannot pull you from the Earth's surface then it shouldn't remove the moon from the influence of the Earth.

Anyways, gravity isn't really a force like that what really happens is that space is like fabric if you put mass in space it bends/wraps space around it depending on the mass. Two objects will roll towards each other (gravity) if one is extremely large it will appear that the small one rolls/falls to the large one.
Earth pulls the moon and the moon pulls the Earth (a cool evidence of this is the tides)

I'm attaching this video to buttress my explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTY1Kje0yLg

2 Likes

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:33am On Oct 18, 2019
Horlufemi:

Uncle you are not scientifically smart enough to take me on this journey.

Let's leave it like that but let me drop this if the sun cannot pull you from the Earth's surface then it shouldn't remove the moon from the influence of the Earth.

Anyways, gravity isn't really a force like that what really happens is that space is like fabric if you put mass in space it bends/wraps space around it depending on the mass. Two objects will roll towards each other (gravity) if one is extremely large it will appear that the small one rolls/falls to the large one.
Earth pulls the moon and the moon pulls the Earth (a cool evidence of this is the tides)

I'm attaching this video to buttress my explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTY1Kje0yLg
hilarious . earth pulls moon , moon pull earth. is this the stupid thing they call education or science.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by JJOF(m): 9:47am On Oct 18, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy Are you for real?
budaatum:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by TruthinAction: 10:41am On Oct 18, 2019
peggywebbs:

Anyway good luck.

The creation story already reveals that the earth is spherical. The earth was initially a globe of water only before land or earth was commanded to come out of it.

Even when you travel in the sea, you can only see the shore when you come to a close distance of a few km. If the earth was flat, you should see the shore several km away.

The excuse that the eye experience vanishing point by flat earth proposal does not hold water. Even if you use a powerful telescope, you still can't see the shore at a particular distance away because of the curvature of the earth surface

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
JJOF:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Are you for real?
Yes na! For real real!
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
hilarious . earth pulls moon , moon pull earth. is this the stupid thing they call education or science.
Sorry Emilo, but you can't write such wise stuff like the above and not expect to be quoted!

How else do I get to show you are my teacher and I'm not stupid like those ignorant sperical round earthers if not by liking, sharing and quoting you?

3 Likes

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by JJOF(m): 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
budaatum:

Yes na! For real real!
LMFAO

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

These are a few Flat Earth Problems. I'm proud of it because I've used it to convert the best if Flat Earthers

These are all problems for flat earth theory. If you know what you're talking about, you should have no trouble providing an answer to these. Not a link to some video, not a url to somewhere -- an explanation in your own words, with no ducking the question. If you refuse to explain the problem you verify the spherical Earth. A win for me.

Part A: Movement on the Earth Problems

A1. Distance. Quantas has a flight from Sydney to Buenos Aires every day (week?). It's about 9000 miles, takes 14 hours at 640 mph. Go online to verify flights. On a flat earth, the distance between eastern Australia to Buenos Aires is enormous. They are on opposite sides, exactly, of the flat earth map, more than 12,000 miles apart, and the flight between them would take at least 20 hours. These flights take 14 hours. Explain.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
Horlufemi:

These are a few Flat Earth Problems. I'm proud of it because I've used it to convert the best if Flat Earthers

These are all problems for flat earth theory. If you know what you're talking about, you should have no trouble providing an answer to these. Not a link to some video, not a url to somewhere -- an explanation in your own words, with no ducking the question. If you refuse to explain the problem you verify the spherical Earth. A win for me.

Part A: Movement on the Earth Problems

A1. Distance. Quantas has a flight from Sydney to Buenos Aires every day (week?). It's about 9000 miles, takes 14 hours at 640 mph. Go online to verify flights. On a flat earth, the distance between eastern Australia to Buenos Aires is enormous. They are on opposite sides, exactly, of the flat earth map, more than 12,000 miles apart, and the flight between them would take at least 20 hours. These flights take 14 hours. Explain.
before I answer your question let me get this straight , is there any direct flight from Australia to Argentina?, with out stop over. because the time varies from 15hrs to 20hr.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
before I answer your question let me get this straight , is there any direct flight from Australia to Argentina?, with out stop over. because the time varies from 15hrs to 20hr.

Typically question dodging.

You will not get an answer until you answer my question.

Then I ask the questions not you. All you're required to do is just explain.

That's one win for me since you dodged the question.

Me 1 : 0 You

Next question.

A2. Flights over the south pole. Flights travel from South Africa to New Zealand by going over Antarctica. On a flat earth, this is impossible. You would fly off the disc of the earth. Yet these flights happen. Explain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Horlufemi:

Typically question dodging.

You will not get an answer until you answer my question.

Then I ask the questions not you. All you're required to do is just explain.

That's one win for me since you dodged the question.

Me 1 : 0 You

Next question.

A2. Flights over the south pole. Flights travel from South Africa to New Zealand by going over Antarctica. On a flat earth, this is impossible. You would fly off the disc of the earth. Yet these flights happen. Explain.
oga pls calm down I am not dodging any question.

Let's deal with your number one question first.
There is a reason I asked you that question because I want the answer from you own mouth. So let's deal with it first ehh pls remove the number 2 let's start with number one. Will surely answer you I must.

But if you still refuse to answer me then you can quote me again. I will take that as a no sign then we will fire down.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Horlufemi(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
oga pls calm down I am not dodging any question.

Let's deal with your number one question first.
There is a reason I asked you that question because I want the answer from you own mouth. So let's deal with it first ehh pls remove the number 2 let's start with number one. Will surely answer you I must.

Build if you still refuse to answer me then you can quote me again. I will take that as a no sign then we will fire down.

The question is clear as day. If you can't explain without asking that means you don't have enough knowledge on the subject matter. EXPLAIN don't ask me questions. I won't indulge you. I've been that road before, it doesn't work. Just EXPLAIN

2 for me 0 for you.

3rd

A3. Ship Movement. Shipping regularly sails due south, going around the "bottom" of the globe, and comes north again, without making a 180 degree turn. This is impossible on a flat earth, if you look at the map. You can't be pointing due south and then be pointing north again without making a turn, however gradual, of 180 degrees. Explain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
Horlufemi:

The question is clear as day. If you can't explain without asking that means you don't have enough knowledge on the subject matter. EXPLAIN don't ask me questions. I won't indulge you. I've been that road before, it doesn't work. Just EXPLAIN

2 for me 0 for you.

3rd

A3. Ship Movement. Shipping regularly sails due south, going around the "bottom" of the globe, and comes north again, without making a 180 degree turn. This is impossible on a flat earth, if you look at the map. You can't be pointing due south and then be pointing north again without making a turn, however gradual, of 180 degrees. Explain.

I see your scared of really engaging me, But I will indulge you any ways any how you want am.

1. Flying from Sydney or Santiago, Rio, bueno Aires or any were else close by you can't get a non stop flight from anywhere in the southern hemisphere. The flight from south America to australia connects to many cities before touching down in Sydney so the total flight time can take over 50hrs.

If there are no direct flight from bueno Aires to Sydney australia then how did you know it takes exactly 14 hrs?. Even if you check online the figures are not the same, some say 15hrs some say the fastest is 20hrs so which one.

now take a look at what is written the beginning of this Google searches

Why is it so, because the air travel routes fro the southern hemisphere are wrong. E. G you can take a map reading of the distance any were between australia and any were in south america it should be a straight shot across the south pacific on a round earth. Now find your favourite travel sites and try to get there non stop and see what happens, the routes starts turning ridiculous into different direction.

On the round world this is easy, just a straight shot across the south pacific ocean but on the flat world its like the greatest distance between 2points no short cuts so they distract you with multiple connections and lay overs. This is the reason you would not find a non stop flight from australia to argentina.

Do you know that flights on the Pacific and Indian ocean in the southern hemisphere are not tracked? If you doubt plane finder. Net and and track flight paths.

Brb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Benny Hinn In Lagos! (Videos) / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.