Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,341 members, 7,857,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 02:25 PM

Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed (1461 Views)

Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders / IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Ctorch: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2019
Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed

Junaid Mohammed, elder statesman and Second Republic House of Representatives member, in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, speaks on factors that will shape the 2023 presidential election and other issues. Excerpts:

Do you think the coming together of the South can help the region in securing the Presidency in 2023 against the North?

First and foremost, what came out of the gang-ups in previous elections? Also, when talking about the South, is the South only Igboland? Are there no other people in the South? Are the Yorubas not part of the South? So what makes you think that in this day and age and given our history, Yorubas will join with the Igbos in the name of the South or southern solidarity? Anyway, the neighbours to the Igbos are the people from the South- South. Apart from money, have they been able to hold themselves together in order to deliver a President? They have not been able to do that. It is up to the political leaders to see what can be done and do what they are supposed to do. But if somebody from the South decides to come forward and contest the presidency, can you prevent him? I know some of my friends who are interested in the Presidency. If they consult me, I will ask them to go ahead even though I haven’t seen any Igbo man who I will endorse for now.

Why won’t you endorse an Igbo man?

I will not endorse an Igbo man because all the people who are pretending are not serious and they have the history of being part and parcel of the family that caused the civil war. Are you telling me because John Nwodo is the president of Ohanaeze I should ask people to vote for him? I will not. He came all the way from Enugu with a delegation and we had a meeting in a house not very far from my house, I think it is the house of a former governor of Kaduna state, Lawal Jafaru Isa. We had a meeting there in which John Nwodo went on his knees begging us to make him President. We laughed at him. In our culture, you don’t come here and say you people should make me this or that. We allow people to point at you and say you are good to occupy certain positions. Being a president is not a question of begging people. You also have a lot of people saying it is my time. My time, my foot. Whose time is it? We are sovereign people, we are independent and we have the right to vote for whoever we want to vote for. So, how can anyone come and tell me it is the turn of the Igbos? Igbo turn, my foot. We have to concentrate on electing good people. Unfortunately, we are yet to attain that level of political maturity. Anyway, we have seen how people who were given the privilege to be in that position had performed. If in a free and fair election, any president emerges, that is fine but I don’t see that happening in the current situation where some expired, old men will be asking Nigerians to vote based on ethnic and religious basis. How can somebody who is over 90 years old will be telling young Nigerians how to vote and who to vote for.During their time, why didn’t they have that system and why didn’t they vote like that?

Afenifere has said it will be unfair to deny Igbos the presidency in 2023. Chief Ayo Adebanjo in a recent interview said denying Igbos the presidency in 2023 may affect Nigeria’s unity. What is your take on that?

So who is denying them the Presidency? Afenifere’s statement is irresponsible and mischief. Which Afenifere are we talking about because there are several factions of them. Ayo Adebanjo has never been elected as the leader of Afenifere so he cannot speak for the group. The President of Afenifere is Chief Reuben Fasoranti. So, on whose behalf is Ayo Adebanjo speaking? How many times has he won election in his constituency? Who does he represent? There is another joker they now called the leader of the Yorubas, the successor to Awolowo, Professor Banji Akintoye. Who does he represent? Is he representing the Yoruba race? Have you seen anybody talking about the Yoruba race and they mention the name of Banji Akintoye?. Even if he is the leader of the Yorubas, will he just go and tell the Yorubas vote this or vote that? If you go to a newspaper and publish your pictures, that doesn’t make you a leader of the Yoruba race.
If there is going to be President from the South, most likely it will be a Yoruba man. Will the Yorubas take the presidency now and hand it over to Igbos in the name of gestures? Tell me the Igbo man today who can govern Nigeria. Will you bring this scoundrel from IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu and make him the President of Nigeria or will you bring the crooks in Ohanaeze and make them president? People are just talking nonsense on the pages of newspapers.

https://www.independent.ng/yorubas-wont-form-alliance-with-igbos-on-2023-presidency-junaid-mohammed/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 17, 2019
No need for the alliance in the first instance
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by beyavol2: 8:52am On Oct 17, 2019
How do u know sir.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2019
beyavol2:
How do u know sir.
they wont. #fact.
if the igbo's aim for anything, they have to get together to achieve it if not, its a lost cause.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by izombie(m): 8:56am On Oct 17, 2019
The only alliance we want is the one that will separate us from hausa fulani but the yoruba moslems have sworn to die in nigeria with hausa fulani. Give us our referendum.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by izombie(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2019
RedCreme21:
they wont. #fact.
if the igbo's aim for anything, they have to get together to achieve it if not, its a lost cause.
what exactly do you mean? The only thing igbos need is referendum and we have been talking about it with one voice for a long time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2019
This terrorist has been talking too much lately. He is already playing the divide and rule politics the North normally plays on the south. The major obstacle to Nigeria development is religious fanaticism and ethnicity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 17, 2019
izombie:
what exactly do you mean? The only thing igbos need is referendum and we have been talking about it with one voice for a long time.
agreed. But to rely on the yoruba's is killing the dream before it's reality. The south south has a little more hope. But they too what that seat of power. But they can partner to take it from the north and west.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
This terrorist has been talking too much lately. He is already playing the divide and rule politics the North normally plays on the south. The major obstacle to Nigeria development is religious fanaticism and ethnicity.
true. But the truth is you cant take both evil away from the hearts of your fellow nigerians. Its too deep. Thats why the possibility of this country wasting away is far greater than it not.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by nakaman: 9:08am On Oct 17, 2019
how can you ask a blind man for direction.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by nakaman: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2019
izombie:
I wonder o
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by helinues: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2019
Sir Junaid you talk too much these days..

Abeg STFU
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by bluke(m): 9:38am On Oct 17, 2019
izombie:

There are over 1000 qualified, professional and SANs in the east.
Ask them for process, no one gives referendum from outside

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by wakaman: 9:43am On Oct 17, 2019
Dead right on that.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by chriskosherbal(m): 9:47am On Oct 17, 2019
izombie:
The only alliance we want is the one that will separate us from hausa fulani but the yoruba moslems have sworn to die in nigeria with hausa fulani. Give us our referendum.
grin cheesy Oga you dey vex oooo..easy bro

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by BuhariAdvocate: 9:51am On Oct 17, 2019
grin cheesy igbo leaders should apologize to this man if that would stop him from attacking them almost every day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by etrouble: 9:52am On Oct 17, 2019
Yoruba will never form alliance with drug pushers, human traffickers, kidnappers, armed robbers, fake drugs manufacturers, baby factory operators and prostitutes. Never ever. Igbos know whom the form alliance with when they started the civil war in 1967, they should go back and reform the alliance with same people.

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Afospecialk: 9:55am On Oct 17, 2019
We are going to offer them an opportunity to join d advanced and progressive SW as a way forward to actualize their ambition

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by lordkush: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2019
who is the fool always interviewing this junaid or whatever he calls himself
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 17, 2019
helinues:
Sir Junaid you talk too much these days..

Abeg STFU

Because this one does not favor you

Hypocrite
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by oyebanji44: 10:15am On Oct 17, 2019
grin
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by OgboAto: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2019
Every Yoruba with any modicum of intelligence should be miffed at this man’s reference of Prof Akintoye as a joker. What the funck?
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by RussianKGB: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2019
Those bandits terrorising the north don't know where this man lives? Instead of ransacking poor villages and stealing livestock they would make a fortune torching this idiot's residence and prolly kidnapping the talkative.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Afospecialk: 10:30am On Oct 17, 2019
So the Ibos have been begging for the presidency like a slave like this Nwoko and they're still begging till date

Who do Ibo really wants to present that is presentale enough?

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by mercyville: 10:30am On Oct 17, 2019
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by mercyville: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2019
etrouble:
Yoruba will never form alliance with drug pushers, human traffickers, kidnappers, armed robbers, fake drugs manufacturers, baby factory operators and prostitutes. Never ever. Igbos know whom the form alliance with when they started the civil war in 1967, they should go back and reform the alliance with same people.
Some of you are here to cause disaffection. What is this?
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Orjioorji(f): 10:34am On Oct 17, 2019
Divide and rule, let be wise.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Fidelismaria: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2019
Why do these mumu journalists keep going to this mumuish northerner ?

The man is a damn fool
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by Commentor: 10:53am On Oct 17, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
grin cheesy igbo leaders should apologize to this man if that would stop him from attacking them almost every day.

The man be like say he get early morning radio service.
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by EzekaUdenee: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

The man be like say he get early morning radio service.

[/s]
Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by ProudDick: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
OgboAto:
Every Yoruba with any modicum of intelligence should be miffed at this man’s reference of Prof Akintoye as a joker. What the funck?
You are not miffed when he said your leader was on his knees begging to be made president? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Won’t Form Alliance With Igbos On 2023 Presidency – Junaid Mohammed by OgboAto: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
ProudDick:

You are not miffed when he said your leader was on his knees begging to be made president? undecided undecided undecided

Look at you thinking everyone is Ibo.
Being Pro-Yoruba should not necessarily mean Anti-Ibo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Amaechi Coerced Chinese Firm To do the following for Nigeria / Obi Of Onitcha And Maltreatment / Was Gen O Adeniyi Redeployed Cos Of His Outburst On The Video That Went Viral On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.