Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed (3780 Views)

Tinubu, Aides Angry With Presidency For Releasing His Pix With Walking Stick- SR / You Have Failed – Peter Obi Slams Amaechi Over Igbos Can’t Succeed Buhari Claim / WAEC Disagrees With Presidency, Says Buhari Applied For Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2019
IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed

Lagos – Elder statesman and the Second Republic lawmaker, Junaid Mohammed has said the unwarranted attack on former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu by members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is a clear testimony of how the Igbos will behave if they produce the President.
Speaking in an interview with Daily Independent, Junaid who condemned the attack on Ekweremadu in Nuremberg, Germany also said the South-East region cannot blackmail Nigerians into ceding the Presidency to them by engaging in acts of violence..
While calling on the Federal Government to handle IPOB with an iron fist, Junaid also warned politicians in the South East who are secretly funding the organisation to learn from the attack on Ekweremadu
“I do not support an attack on any person or his family because of his political belief”.
“I hope those of them who have been fanning the embers of disunity and those who think they can blackmail Nigeria into conceding the Presidency to them will now think twice and see clearly that they have shown their character in their attitudes towards power”.
” That is very disastrous and I don’t think Nigerians should hand over power to these kinds of characters”.
“First, they have shown that they are not reliable and also, they have caused a lot of mayhem in the history of Nigeria from 1966 till date. They caused tribal coups and very bad handling of their minority in and of course, they are directly responsible for the loss of the Southern Cameroun from Nigeria to French Cameroun. They have a lot to learn from living with other people and must see that other people from ethnic groups different from theirs are entitled to be respected”.
“They must also know that they can’t use blackmail to achieve what they want. That seems to be their own idea that they can use raw power which can be dangerous to our democracy”.
“So, it is a pity that Ekweremadu was manhandled by IPOB but at the same time, they should also know the kind of local champions they are sponsoring with their own money,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/ipob-attack-igbos-cant-be-trusted-with-presidency-junaid-mohammed/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Guestlander: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2019
Junaid Mohammed is neither an eleder nor a statesman. He is an ethnic supremacist and a rabble rouser.

That being said, ipob is a disgrace to all decent ibos everywhere.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Jobac: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2019
Junaid is very correct, we can see how ibos on Nairaland behave. Ibos have a lot to learn from other ethnic groups in Nigeria. IPOB members have tarnished ibos image in and out of Nigeria. Them no get shame at all. You will see them throwing tantrums over nothing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Ctorch: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
Igbos this....Igbo that.

Igbo do this, Igbo do that.

As a committed Democrat I believe in democratic resolution of all crisis and mistrust.

Let referendum be conducted and allow the untrusted Igbos to decide how to chat a new course.

Recycling same message breeds nothing..

At this point and as far as you uncomfortable with them, subject to referendum and allow them stay or leave with their un-trusted attitude.

Simple democratic referendum will solve all these squabbles.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Holumhidey(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
Though am not a fan of jubril; i widely detest WAILERS......

If you think they cant be trusted, why not organize a revolution against the government......
......and end up sharing the same cell with my kinsman; sowore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Ctorch: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
Guestlander:
Junaid Mohammed is neither an eleder nor a statesman. He is an ethnic supremacist and a rabble rouser.

Alright, let both the decent and non decent Igbos decide what they want instead of all these repetition every year.

Democratic resolution by referendum can end this lack of trust.

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by hisexcellency34: 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
Nobody can achieve presidency through violent means

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Guestlander: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ctorch:

Alright, let both the decent and non decent Igbos decide what they want instead of all these repetition every year.

So the best way to achieve this referendum is to beat up elected officials whether they are sympathetic to your cause or not?
I heard Ekweremadu was instrumental to the release of Nnamdi Kanu from prison and ipob still treated him like trash.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by BOAR: 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2019
grin grin

Causing mayhem since Jan 1966.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by BOAR: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Nobody can achieve presidency through violent means

...and sponsoring IPOB too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Area4Area: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ctorch:
Igbos this....Igbo that.

Igbo do this, Igbo do that.

As a committed Democrat I believe in democratic resolution of all crisis and mistrust.

Let referendum be conducted and allow the untrusted Igbos to decide how to chat a new course.

Recycling same message breeds nothing..

At this point and as far as you uncomfortable with them, subject to referendum and allow them stay or leave with their un-trusted attitude.

Simple democratic referendum will solve all these squabbles.
Referendum is sold in main market Onitsha for 50 niara each, come buy for yourself, family and friends

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Area4Area: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ctorch:

You go wait tire for referendum

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by vanunu: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
BOAR:
grin grin

Causing mayhem since Jan 1966.

Hypocrite, the northerners killed thousands of Igbo in Jos in 1945 and in Kano in 1953.

9 Likes

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Afamed: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2019
Bitter truth

1 Like

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by BOAR: 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
vanunu:

Hypocrite, the northerners killed thousands of Igbo in Jos in 1945 and in Kano in 1953.

Bring the link to that historical accusation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Kingosytex(m): 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
Those guys that attacked Ekweremadu were wrong and Nnamdi Kanu was also wrong for endorsing such moves. The actualisation of the struggle can't be possible without the help of the political elites. Kanu's high-handedness and egoism are strong factors that are posing serious threats to the actualisation of the dream, in Kanu's attempt to take all the glory, he succeeded in demonising those that even started the agitation before him. Kanu has completely taken away the possibility of an Igbo man ruling this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
Guestlander:

So the best way to achieve this referendum is to beat up elected officials whether they are sympathetic to your cause or not?
I heard Ekweremadu was instrumental to the release of Nnamdi Kanu from prison and ipob still treated him like trash.

Imagine this

An elected officials owe every duty and allegiance to electorates as they must leave up to expectations.

All around the globe even Western world do much more to their leaders.

Ekweremmadu was elected by people and the people knows what they want, If he can do such then let him resign and go home.

Am not a sadist and neither do I intend to be one, but if there exist other such of Ekweremmadu ( of course they are many) then I need more beating on them by whosoever possible.

He has been in Senate since 2003 and nothing prominent to show for it, so if others prefer keen Clause as a way as of worshipping their leaders who has not vested their interest at hand, same are not we igbos...

I believe Ekweremmadu knows well that he under performed because if he pursues it further he will loose political relevance.

By any means possible, we have to hold our leaders accountable even if it means flogging them in public.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Hillsong34: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2019
THAT MAKE PEACEFUL CHANGE IMPOSSIBLE, MAKE VIOLENT CHANGE INEVITABLE. Governments must master the art of fashioning out ways that the general populace can let off steam, otherwise the steam build-up can lead to a huge explosion.
Banning and criminalising people who are hurting, rather than giving them succour, will eventually lead to something more dangerous
Please read up on the Russian Revolution

Igboland needs ports to import production materials, a good rail network to distribute goods and security of life and properties from wanton destruction by herdsmen and robbers.

D reason while igbos are still nigerians is because they were forced.. And since u guys like igbos so much that u killed them to stay with u, stop crying about the effects of ur decision when igbos come enmass to the north

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Guestlander: 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Imagine this

An elected officials owe every duty and allegiance to electorates as they must leave up to expectations.

All around the globe even Western world do much more to their leaders.

Ekweremmadu was elected by people and the people knows what they want, If he can do such then let him resign and go home.

Am not a sadist and neither do I intend to be one, but if there exist other such of Ekweremmadu ( of course they are many) then I need more beating on them by whosoever possible.

He has been in Senate since 2003 and nothing prominent to show for it, so if others prefer keen Clause as a way as of worshipping their leaders who has not vested their interest at hand, same are not we igbos...

I believe Ekweremmadu knows well that he under performed because if he pursues it further he will loose political relevance.

By any means possible, we have to hold our leaders accountable even if it means flogging them in public.

Can you please enlighten us on the support or any part played by ipob in the election of any of the candidates in Igboland. Please don't tell me every ibo is a member of ipob.
Another thing, why can't ipob sponsor their own candidates if they believe they have the numbers to effect the change they are fighting for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by gidgiddy: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2019
Somebody should remind Junaid Mohammed that Northerners slaughtered over 50,000 Igbos in 1966 alone

Northerners have conducted more coups than anybody in Nigeria

Northerners have conducted more acts of terrorism than anybody in Nigeria such Maitasine, Boko Haram, Gana militants, and of course, killer herdsmen.

Yet Northerners have held power longer than anybody in Nigeria!

So if the pushing about of Ekweremadu in Germany is his benchmark compared to what Northerners like him have done in the past, it would be evil for a Northerner to even think of power

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Hillsong34: 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
Unarmed IPOB will protest peacefully, they will send Soldiers to go shoot them, proscribe them and declare them terrorists. Nobody will speak up about that injustice.

But Ekweremadu will go to Germany, gets bundled out of the venue to his car.This is where all of them will now talk! It took the 'roughing up' of a Senator for the following to talk:

Ohanaeze
Orji Uzo Kalu
Ayo Fayose
Asari Dokubo
Abike Dabiri
The Nigerian Senate president
Osita Chidoka

And so many others. They are so concerned about how Ekweremadu was 'disgraced'

When IPOB are tortured in muddy water, they dont talk

When unarmed IPOB women are locked up for protesting, they dont talk

What they send python dance to kill unarmed IPOB, they say nothing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2019
Jobac:
Junaid is very correct, we can see how ibos on Nairaland behave. Ibos have a lot to learn from other ethnic groups in Nigeria. IPOB members have tarnished ibos image in and out of Nigeria. Them no get shame at all. You will see them throwing tantrums over nothing.
I laugh at you because IPOB is the best thing that hav a ever happened to Ndi Igbo
Boy care about your own tribe and leav us face your own Wahala and leav our problem

6 Likes

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2019
Guestlander:

Can you please enlighten us on the support or any part played by ipob in the election of any of the candidates in Igboland. Please don't tell me every ibo a member of ipob.
Another thing, why can't ipob sponsor their own candidates if they believe they have the numbers to effect the change they are fighting for?

The last I read, they have consistently made it clear they aren't part of any political party but whosoever that is elected should work for the good of the people and which I hold.

When politics stumble, the people pays. The hungry masses, you have been in office for so many years but no good road in your community, you build a school your own children won't go, an hospital you won't attend, you make policy to enrich yourself, you create things with other people's children but your will be in decent office, you spill blood and empower poverty, during election because hunger is in the land and the electorate are no longer led by Ideas but their stomach, u give them 500 or 1000 to keep shouting your name or get their vote..

No electricity, Constant strike, unemployment but there are looted money to buy houses abroad and feel big so that the masses will worship you....when mistakenly u loose been elected or your party ran out of favour you will run to country with conscience to relax and enjoy your loot.

You go to other countries to relax, what happens to your own home..

The issue is that the electorates have made monsters in form of leaders with no conscience and if their eye has opened and they decide to correct it now.... they will have the support of the people.

I don't know for , but here those elected must at least make live bit okay for the people.

am speaking against igbos...as it relates.....for better tomorrow.....I don't speak or stand for other tribes.. whatever they want is their own matter.

I will be a fool to defend Ekweremmadu.....Let them work for the people.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Hillsong34: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
Junaid talks too much...

1 Like

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
I support caging politicians in Nigeria, if they die of lack of basic amenities, no regrets because they have only died like most common Nigerians.
Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hizzy:

I laugh at you because IPOB is the best thing that hav a ever happened to Ndi Igbo
Boy care about your own tribe and leav us face your own Wahala and leav our problem

Well stated bro.

Remain blessed.
Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by successmatters(m): 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
Guestlander:

Are you insulting fulanis? grin
Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Guestlander: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The last I read, they have consistently made it clear they aren't part of any political party but whosoever that is elected should work for the good of the people and which I hold.

I will be a fool to defend Ekweremmadu.....Let them work for the people.

You solved the riddle yourself. The elected officials are working for the interests of those who elected them. Why does ipob think there's a correlation between their own interests and those of the people who voted?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by BafanaBafana: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2019
MelesZenawi:

“So, it is a pity that Ekweremadu was manhandled by IPOB but at the same time, they should also know the kind of local champions they are sponsoring with their own money,” he said.

Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2019
Not a fan of Junaid Mohammed but what does he say here the rest of us have already not said to Igbos? The crux of the matter is who will back Igbos into the Presidency with their current actions in the last ten years showing what they will likely do with absolute power which we all know is said to corrupt absolutely in the wrong hands? I even said it recently that an Igbo becoming President is akin to putting a Fox in charge of a chicken coop.

You simply don't know what you will get from a people who show they hate all others so why gamble with the future of many millions of Nigerians when capable and patriotic non-Igbos exist who can lead our Nation forward? How do we interpret the actions of a people who beat up their own kinsman, an Igbo Senator and former DSP, for wearing an attire that celebrates the Country he is supposed to serve? When Nigerians kingmakers think of Igbo Presidency they only see Ironsi, Ojukwu, Kaduna Nzeogwu et al and of course Nnamdi Kanu in current times.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by successmatters(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2019
Guestlander:

You solved the riddle yourself. The elected officials are working for the interests of those who elected them. Why does ipob think there's a correlation between their own interests and those of the people who voted?

All igbos are Igbos all Igbos are igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed by successmatters(m): 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
candidtalk:
Not a fan of Junaid Mohammed but what does he say here the rest of us have already not said to Igbos? The crux of the matter is who will back Igbos into the Presidency with their current actions in the last ten years showing what they will likely do with absolute power which we all know is said to corrupt absolutely in the wrong hands? I even said it recently that an Igbo becoming President is akin to putting a ox in charge of a chicken coop.

You simply don't know what you will get from a people who show they hate all others so why gamble with the future of many millions of Nigerians when capable and patriotic non-Igbos exist who can lead our Nation forward? How do we interpret the actions of a people who beat up their own kinsman, an Igbo Senator and former DSP, for wearing an attire that celebrates the Country he is supposed to serve? When Nigerians kingmakers think of Igbo Presidency they only see Ironsi, Ojukwu, Kaduna Nzeogwu et al and of course Nnamdi Kanu in current times.

Speak for your tribe. Don't let Igbo hate send you to where it sent awo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawan Calls Gowon A Unique Nigerian Hero / Buhari Infection Of Covid-19 Was Caused By Illiteracy And Ignorance / Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Panics, Beg Chadians To Stop Killing His Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.