Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims (14260 Views)

Abia Killings: Perpetrators Not Igbo, Ohanaeze Sympathises With Northerners / President Buhari Sympathises With Niger Republic Over Killing Of 137 People / Anambra Explosion: Obiano Sympathises With Victims’ Families, Inaugurate Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by ebukajay184: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2019
Igberetv reports that President Muhammadu Buhari has shown sympathy to the victims of the oil tanker fire incident in Onitsha, Anambra State. The incident led to the death of a mother and her child.

President Buhari said:
“I am profoundly touched by the sight of the charred remains of an innocent mother and her child who are victims of this tragedy. I also extend my sympathies to other victims of the explosion whose houses, shops and other property were destroyed in the mishap.”

“While I express sadness over this tragedy, I must at the same time call for urgent action on the part of those concerned to stem these frequent fatal disasters on public roads.”

“Safety precautions and routine maintenance are taken for granted by vehicle owners.”

“I call on the Ministry of Transport, the Federal Road Safety Commission and other stakeholders to urgently address the issue of safety standards in the country, with a view to stemming the embarrassing frequency of these tragedies”.

Meanwhile, people involved in the fire Incident are still counting their losses.

On Wednesday, the incident started when a tanker filled with petrol lost control around Toronto Hospital and veered off the service lane. The tanker fell from the vehicle and went up in flames after spilling its content. As at the time the fire started at about 10am, there was no fire service personnel present. People were seen trying to quench the fire with water.

Igberetv gathered that the woman carrying her baby tried to jump out of her shop, but missed her steps and fell into a gutter raging with fire. Three other people were also confirmed dead.

Forty buildings and scores of shops were also affected by the disaster.

Residents, including the old and children in most of the buildings, were trapped as youths experienced difficulty in rescuing them.

https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1184735742020464640?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1073278/buhari-sympathises-victims-onitsha-tanker-fire-incident/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by Dreal1247: 8:57am On Oct 17, 2019
Sad occurrence indeed. I'm deeply touched. God will help them out.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2019
When you Buhari is the cause in the first place.
Since you came onboard Nigeria has gotten worse.

13 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by nakaman: 8:59am On Oct 17, 2019
where is the source
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by izombie(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2019
Buhari keep your sympathy to yourself. We all know you are not sad that what happened happened. You love bloodshed.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by Ezewuzie01: 9:03am On Oct 17, 2019
Thank you our able president. Will appreciate it more if you direct NEMA to send relief materials to the victims.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by AntiWailer: 9:08am On Oct 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by BuhariAdvocate: 9:15am On Oct 17, 2019
Onitsha was projected by methodology that in 2030 the city will turn to a graveyard if something not done with air pollution in onitsha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by Nigerianization(m): 9:16am On Oct 17, 2019
A tragedy indeed. But beyond fanciful statements and press releases, can the ministry of disaster management and humanitarian affairs - whatever it is called - step in to assist the victims

This should be their first major assignment.

Bubu na beg I dey beg

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by nairalandankrah: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2019
Useless government
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by NwekeUG(m): 9:28am On Oct 17, 2019
This is sad
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by EBMedia: 9:30am On Oct 17, 2019
God help us
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by TMSMedia: 9:42am On Oct 17, 2019
So sad. I hope they will get help.
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by nwekeugochukwu: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2019
Government should do more in getting our fire service ready in case of mishaps like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by nwekeugochukwu: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2019
Sorry to the victims

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by TMSMedia: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2019
Government should do something drastic to prevent an occurrence.
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by NwekeUG(m): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2019
TMSMedia:
Government should do something drastic to prevent an occurrence.
True, Government should do something fast
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by MERCHANDISER: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Obiano has destroyed all the work done by Peter obi and this case is synonymous to all eastern governors. Generally Nigeria is a failed state which the masses are victims. Over 4 buildings and almost 1000 lockup shops raised down, not counting kiosk and barrows and vehiclz, how about roasted bodies. I cry for my dear country, Senate and reps get bumper pays, govs get security votes and life pension while the masses die like rats... we need prayers.,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27V8IzllMtI#menu

over 40 residential building got destroyed by fire,scores of people dead... So the state government can't provide a fire service to quench the fire outburst.This is height of insensitivity on their part

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by EBMedia: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
Obiano has destroyed all the work done by Peter obi and
this
case is synonymous to all eastern governors.
Generally Nigeria is a failed state which the masses are
victims.
Over 4 buildings and almost 1000 lockup shops raised
down,
not counting kiosk and barrows and vehiclz, how about
roasted bodies. I cry for my dear country, Senate and reps
get
bumper pays, govs get security votes and life pension while
the masses die like rats...
we need prayers.,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27V8IzllMtI#menu

over 40 residential building got destroyed by fire,scores of people dead...
So the state government can't provide a fire service to
quench the fire outburst.This is height of insensitivity on their
part
but does it mean that there is no fire service in Anambra State?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by StrikeBack(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2019
embarassed

Waiting for the presidency to react
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by abkrgumel(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2019
angry
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by Risingblue008(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Onitsha was projected by methodology that in 2030 the city will turn to a graveyard if something not done with air pollution in onitsha.
Who told u dat?liar
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by MERCHANDISER: 11:06am On Oct 17, 2019
EBMedia:
but does it mean that there is no fire service in Anambra State?
There is one in Asaba,5mins drive from Anambra
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by Anambralstson: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Lagos is also projected to go under Lagoon before 2025 because of high increase in sea level

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by solmusdesigns: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2019
Ipob wont like this

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by uuzba(m): 11:11am On Oct 17, 2019
Dreal1247:
Sad occurrence indeed. I'm deeply touched. God will help them out.
In foreign nations, this is prevented by doing MOT. Yes, ordinary MOT.
But the real MOT.
You take your vehicle for inspection.
They use their EYE to look at it and test it, brakes, lights etc ... before they issue you the MOT certificate.
If you fail the test, your vehicle is not allowed on the road.

But here, because we are TOO SMART for our own sense, no inspection is done on the vehicle.
Just collect papers, enter road and be driving one rubbish vehicle by a drunk driver that can both kill anyone at anytime 24/7.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by bleskid: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2019
any time I see buhari name on front ,,, I will open my ears wide to hear insult that I never had in my life .. grin
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by EzekaUdenee: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Ipob wont like this
[/s]
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by seunlayi(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2019
We Don hear
Re: Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 17, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Your comments is out of points

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo Farmers Jobless, Hungry After Herders Fed Their Crops To Cattle / Lai Desperate To Revive Dead Career - Atiku-Okowa Campaign / Osinbajo: Nigeria Can Turn COVID-19 Pandemic To Economic Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.