Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians (61006 Views)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by lolobukkie(f): 9:40am On May 03, 2020
[
@ twinkleberyl pls would like to chat u on WhatsApp for mentoring pls, I actually created this caregiver topic cos I would like to use it to migrate to Canada , kindly need u to put me tru, my digits are
08032 one eight two zero four five
Or bukkiesmith@yahoo.com
I don't know how to send or check email on nairaland I would I contacted u there instead
Looking forward to ur help
U r really helping alot
quote author=Twinkleberyl post=89106684]In the interest of those who are looking to apply to the canada caregivers immigration pilot.
Many of us from Nigeria have never had any formal/technical/vocational training in taking care of others (whether children or adults).

People have asked me how to get the job from Nigeria here or how to prove to the government prove that you can do the job.
The proof according to 1 of the application forms says that they will use your personal experience, training or work experience that you have had to judge if you can perform.
The training proof that you can give is the certificate that you get from taking these caregiver cpd courses.

You can tell an employer that you have done a course related to the job you are applying for..eg someone looking for a caregiver for a special needs child will be happy to know that the caregiver that they are considering to hire from outside Canada has done a caregiver course on handling and teaching special needs children such as autistic, dyslexic, ADHD etc.

Check out some of these course here�
https://caregiverimmigration..com/p/blog-page.html[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by wowdiva: 5:51pm On May 03, 2020
Twinkleberyl:
@lolobukkie.
You flatter me. Lolll. I already sent you an email.
i am just an applicant, just that i have been researching a lot about how to move from Nigeria without using study visa or showing a lot of money for proof of funds.

I used to hate the way things are in Nigeria but with the latest trend of things now and the COVID 19 issue, i am really really scared not just about how things will play out with containing this disease but by how life will be here after this whole thing.
Some people will look at this pathway as a denigrading and beyond them/their status/their degree etc but i do know one thing and that is when push comes to shove, people will go hungry in this country degree or no degree, crime will be worse than what we are seeing now.

I dont want to stick around and wait for that to happen. it is better for me to be in an economy where my minimum wage is actually able to make an impact in my family, my children get access to world class education for free, my family has access to the best medical system in the world, the tax i pay is used judiciously, there is rule of law and accountability is expected from public office holders.
Hello, Thank you for providing insights on this program. I have gone through your blog and it's information packed, however I have some questions/hurdles . Please I will send you a Dm. Thanks in advance
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Beedollas(f): 3:26pm On May 04, 2020
WES will not evaluate the courses you study through this medium , this is just to help booster your CV for job hunting
You will still need to evaluate your certificate of atleast 1 year post high school qualification

ystrawberry:

please can WES evaluate courses from the above site or we do not need to evaluate our caregiving training certificate to proof Canadian equivalent.
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Amylove19: 5:14pm On May 07, 2020
@twinkleberyl thank you so much for all the useful informations. I'm an early childhood educator(teacher). I've been teaching for the past 7years. I've worked in a creche and taught children between 2-5 years. Do I still need to go for the courses you talked about? Or will my employment letter and recommendations from my various employers suffice. Hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by lokoventurex1(m): 12:18am On May 10, 2020
Hi guys,

I've been a keen follower of the thread. Many thanks to *Twinkliberyl* for job well done so far. Thanks to The OP as well, good job!

I've gotten my courses to run for the caregiver pilot route, and ready to take it one step at a time, but I noticed the caregiver route on the Canadian site is closed . Is this a temporary or permanent closure?

I just wanted to be sure to know what to do next. People with first hand information should please do justice to this..
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by lolobukkie(f): 3:18pm On May 11, 2020
The old program was closed, a new one was started June 2019

lokoventurex1
post=89376664:

Hi guys,

I've been a keen follower of the thread. Many thanks to *Twinkliberyl* for job well done so far. Thanks to The OP as well, good job!

I've gotten my courses to run for the caregiver pilot route, and ready to take it one step at a time, but I noticed the caregiver route on the Canadian site is closed . Is this a temporary or permanent closure?

I just wanted to be sure to know what to do next. People with first hand information should please do justice to this..
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Destinyb155: 8:55pm On May 14, 2020
Anniebony:
One thing i know about this pilot is that it does not require any proof of fund. It is actually the only immigration work permit pilot with NO PROOF OF FUND.
However, you need the following things:

1) Canadian styled Resume with a Canadian Phone Number
2) LinkedIn account with a professional profile picture
3) Professionally crafted Cover Letter
4) IELTS Exam with at least 5 Band Score (#75k)
5) Qualification assessment with WES(Canada)(#65K)
6) Free Certificate exam in First Aid, CPR and AED(Optional but better). Check out www.firstaidforfree.com

If anybody is interested in Home Support Work Pilot, i can post some job links here for you to apply. Just indicate interest.

pls I'm interested in this, pls can you share your number, can you drop your phone number?
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by aishamansur: 11:30pm On May 14, 2020
I am interested too please
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by spankyflex(m): 8:40am On May 15, 2020
Am interested
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by SteveUg(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2020
Anniebony:
One thing i know about this pilot is that it does not require any proof of fund. It is actually the only immigration work permit pilot with NO PROOF OF FUND.
However, you need the following things:

1) Canadian styled Resume with a Canadian Phone Number
2) LinkedIn account with a professional profile picture
3) Professionally crafted Cover Letter
4) IELTS Exam with at least 5 Band Score (#75k)
5) Qualification assessment with WES(Canada)(#65K)
6) Free Certificate exam in First Aid, CPR and AED(Optional but better). Check out www.firstaidforfree.com

If anybody is interested in Home Support Work Pilot, i can post some job links here for you to apply. Just indicate interest.
I'm interested please

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by SteveUg(m): 3:10pm On May 15, 2020
Dharmie02:

You do not need to evaluate care giving training certificate but at least one year post secondary certificate.
Please what do u mean by 1year post sec school cert.... ?
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Denique(f): 5:05pm On May 15, 2020
Twinkleberyl:

Happy to be of help.

Online academy most definitely won't be Nigerian and if its not Nigerian, expect to pay a lot of money. If you have cash to spare i would suggest Canadian online schools, that way you wouldnt even need an ECA anymore because ECA are for people with foreign credentials.
For cheap non canadian online schools that WES can assess that will require a little research.
Pls what is the cost of the Canadian online programme?
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by wowdiva: 9:09pm On May 15, 2020
SteveUg:

Please what do u mean by 1year post sec school cert.... ?
Any education after your secondary education. It can be ND, HND or Bachelor's

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by SteveUg(m): 11:44pm On May 15, 2020
wowdiva:

Any education after your secondary education. It can be ND, HND or Bachelor's
. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Vslayer: 10:04pm On May 23, 2020
Good to be here

Pls is there whatsapp group for people that want to use this childcare pathway. So that we can learn and help each other.

Please can I use degree certificate as post secondary certificate?

Secondly, is it advisable to write ielts exam before getting a job offer or after the job offer then exam

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by wowdiva: 10:27pm On May 23, 2020
Vslayer:
Good to be here

Pls is there whatsapp group for people that want to use this childcare pathway. So that we can learn and help each other.

Please can I use degree certificate as post secondary certificate?

Secondly, is it advisable to write ielts exam before getting a job offer or after the job offer then exam
Your degree certificate also count as post secondary education.

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Vslayer: 10:54pm On May 23, 2020
wowdiva:

Your degree certificate also count as post secondary education.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by wowdiva: 11:57am On May 24, 2020
Vslayer:

Thanks so much
You are welcome
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Vslayer: 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2020
babakb:

This information is for those who have previouse working experience in the said occupations before they submit their application, it could be in Nigeria or anywhere in the world.

If you don't have previous experience you can still apply but you must prove to the Visa Officer that you can do the job through an accepted training or personal experience on any of the said occupations.

In both cases you must receive a valid Job Offer from a Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident or a Canadian Registered caregiver Company before you apply.

Please how can I prove to the VO that I can do the job. Is being a mother enough. And during the application, is it that there would be a letter proving I can do the job.

I have BSc in nutrition, first aid certificate and am currently doing an online course on nannying.. Are these OK to apply

Thanks
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by XX01(f): 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
Vslayer:

Please how can I prove to the VO that I can do the job. Is being a mother enough. And during the application, is it that there would be a letter proving I can do the job.

I have BSc in nutrition, first aid certificate and am currently doing an online course on nannying.. Are these OK to apply

Thanks

If you read through this link, you will see how you match it and where you need to bulk up to get the rest of your profile. Important thing though is to get a work visa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/some-experience-about.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Richdee1(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2020
Please after you get to Canada and have started the care assistant or care work, is it possible to apply for job else where or you have to be with the company for ever
Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by u3fine(m): 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
You can apply for job elsewhere but MUST be a caregiver job
Richdee1:
Please after you get to Canada and have started the care assistant or care work, is it possible to apply for job else where or you have to be with the company for ever

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by XX01(f): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2020
u3fine:
You can apply for job elsewhere but MUST be a caregiver job

Just to add. Once you get your PR, you can then work anywhere and with anyone you choose.

2 Likes

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by Richdee1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
XX01:

Just to add. Once you get your PR, you can then work anywhere and with anyone you choose.

How many years would it take to get ur PR if u come through this route??

1 Like

Re: Home Child Care Provider Pilot Canada Program For Nigerians by u3fine(m): 1:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
2 years
Richdee1:

How many years would it take to get ur PR if u come through this route??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video) / Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.