Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) (20729 Views)

Osinbajo Visits Akeredolu’s Family In Ibadan / Osinbajo Visits David Dabaye Bob-Manuel, Cherubim And Seraphim Church / Plateau Killing: Governor Lalong Laughs As Osinbajo Visits Him. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by jchioma: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2019
Nice initiative. With this, we see that it is possible to do cattle ranching without roaming the length and breadth of the country, causing mayhem and destroying farmers' crops.

But I wonder how many youths in Nigeria today that have such funds to start something similar, if not grant and support from the govt. Especially, if you were an ex-militant.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by loomer: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2019
3000 hectares, yet na only one cow picture them show, 10 bags of whatever dey inside.

What is the government actually doing to help farmers. No be to dey come snap pictures we dey find

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by sammyj: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2019
cheesy
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Afamed: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
will farm work pay at least 80k per month?..I don't think people are scared of farm work, but how profitable is it?..a graduate will drop that tie and do farm work with the right salary..it is all about the money who tie help!!
Street farm work can earn you more than 100k in a month not to talk of commercial farming

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by WetSmoke: 8:52am On Oct 18, 2019
The picture quality is all I see.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Andhominem: 8:52am On Oct 18, 2019
A friend of mine left the office for farming just because of inspiring stories like this. He got so broke, he could barely survive... sad

Today, he is back in the office.

Farming ain't easy... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Foolishbuhari: 8:54am On Oct 18, 2019
Venerable612:

When will we stop accusing the Government for everything?

What I see mostly are ill-baked graduates. It’s one of unemployability and not of unemployment.

There is more to employment than degrees. I have had the privilege of working with graduates in Nigeria and;
- quite a number don’t even know how to use basic Microsoft office products.

-You will be surprised by the number that can’t string two complete sentences together.

- No commercial awareness at all. They don’t even know what’s happening in the business world, nor do they follow policies of the government (e.g. CBN policies) that may impact the industries they are working in.

These are soft skills that the government won’t teach, but are really valued by employers.

It is also for the same reasons we have poor performing businesses. I quite agree there are harsh social factors - such as bad roads, poor electricity and high cost of some raw materials; which might make productivity difficult.

My concern really is that we youths need to build ourselves. Get necessary skills - so many tech stuffs out there now. With these skills, a graduate will be an asset rather than just an employee. And when you are opportuned to travel out of the country - you will surprised at the avalanche of opportunities there to thrive better.

Let’s quit blaming the government for everything and build ourselves!

Boy hafa you don graduate? How old are you? Perhaps I may answer you then.

You think doing business in Nigeria is easy? Lol unable to dey see these kind things dey high una spirit LOL na so Invictus do ooo LOL
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by celeiyke: 8:55am On Oct 18, 2019
Lying and shameless Prof, a farm of 1.5m worth 1 billion after 2 years is d biggest lie ever told in this world. Who did the valuation for Osinbajo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by murecool(m): 8:56am On Oct 18, 2019
This is an entirely Nigerian story.
Edo State Farm Manager, on a farm coordinated by a Niger Delta man from Bayelsa on a Northern community.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by profmnuhu(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2019
This is so amazing
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by profmnuhu(m): 9:02am On Oct 18, 2019
celeiyke:
Lying and shameless Prof, a farm of 1.5m worth 1 billion after 2 years is d biggest lie ever told in this world. Who did the valuation for Osinbajo?
Folokpo head
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Powersurge: 9:04am On Oct 18, 2019
Commentor:
Yet the youth would be making excuses.

Everybody wan wear tie.

Mtcheew .

Your deductive reasoning is not very sound. Do you think an average person can take a farm from 3 hectares to 3000 hectares in two years? Obviously, he has MASSIVE help. Probably from politicians to prove a point.

To run a 3000 (with three zeros) per year, you will need 20-60 million naira. You are not supposed to break even in two years, let alone making over 100 million to establish and run 3000 hectares of farm from your meager 3 hectares.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Wada3: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2019
Very commendable one there
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by bimtee2001(f): 9:17am On Oct 18, 2019
This farm doesn't belong to the man alone. It's a cooperative effort, anyone can invest in any aspect of the farm. Ranching is just an aspect,rice,soy beans,corn, yam,etc are also cultivated by the group.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by ChineduPeters(m): 9:21am On Oct 18, 2019
This "pastor" can lie o

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Commentor: 9:24am On Oct 18, 2019
Powersurge:

Your deductive reasoning is not very sound. Do you think an average person can take a farm from 3 hectares to 3000 hectares in two years? Obviously, he has MASSIVE help. Probably from politicians to prove a point.

To run a 3000 (with three zeros) per year, you will need 20-60 million naira. You are not supposed to break even in two years, let alone making over 100 million to establish and run 3000 hectares of farm from your meager 3 hectares.

Na long throat dey do you.

Must you own 3000 hectares?
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Depressed101: 9:25am On Oct 18, 2019
Commentor:

Everybody wan wear tie.

Mtcheew .
don't them,
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Ngirima: 9:29am On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Na long throat dey to you.

[/s]
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Techsunny: 9:30am On Oct 18, 2019
TrendingGist:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo SAN visits a farm in Gaa’te, Nassarawa accompanied by The State Governor Alh. Abdullahi Sule started by a former Niger Delta Militant Reston Tedheke from 3 hectares two years ago to 3000 Hectares of crop and livestock production.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3u5YNDA1uV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Self sufficient in process, northern fools
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 9:32am On Oct 18, 2019
Jeez! They named the cow Star boy

I weak oooo
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by danot1030: 9:33am On Oct 18, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
will farm work pay at least 80k per month?..I don't think people are scared of farm work, but how profitable is it?..a graduate will drop that tie and do farm work with the right salary..it is all about the money who tie help!!

Guy farm work will earn you fortune, talking from experience.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Venerable612(m): 9:42am On Oct 18, 2019
Foolishbuhari:

Boy hafa you don graduate? How old are you? Perhaps I may answer you then.

You think doing business in Nigeria is easy? Lol unable to dey see these kind things dey high una spirit LOL na so Invictus do ooo LOL

Do I sound like I am a boy? and it’s obvious you didn’t read through my comments or perhaps you didnt comprehend.

Take some time to go through my posts and comments on this forum before mentioning me.

Btw, Your sentences and comment is as bad as your moniker. I advise you take some English lessons.

Have a blessed day!
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by stagger: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2019
There are holes in the story. Is he one of the pipeline contract beneficiaries?

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 9:47am On Oct 18, 2019
Venerable612:

When will we stop accusing the Government for everything?

What I see mostly are ill-baked graduates. It’s one of unemployability and not of unemployment.

There is more to employment than degrees. I have had the privilege of working with graduates in Nigeria and;
- quite a number don’t even know how to use basic Microsoft office products.

-You will be surprised by the number that can’t string two complete sentences together.

- No commercial awareness at all. They don’t even know what’s happening in the business world, nor do they follow policies of the government (e.g. CBN policies) that may impact the industries they are working in.

These are soft skills that the government won’t teach, but are really valued by employers.

It is also for the same reasons we have poor performing businesses. I quite agree there are harsh social factors - such as bad roads, poor electricity and high cost of some raw materials; which might make productivity difficult.

My concern really is that we youths need to build ourselves. Get necessary skills - so many tech stuffs out there now. With these skills, a graduate will be an asset rather than just an employee. And when you are opportuned to travel out of the country - you will surprised at the avalanche of opportunities there to thrive better.

Let’s quit blaming the government for everything and build ourselves!

You could have been right but not everyone will fancy entrepreneurial skills, not everyone will fancy tie and not everyone will like politics

Everyone has got their choices and it doesn't make them different from another person

A politician will see you in the farm and be like, this wan just dey suffer himself while I'm making cool money

A C.E.O will see a civil servant and be like, if you had the foresight you won't impoverish yourself with government job

And an oil worker with shell and the likes will see a C.E.O and be like, these ones live on loans while I make my millions sitting in towers

What's important is contentment, if everyone goes into farming, who will buy from farmers

If everyone goes into a single thing, the world can't go round

Let's just respect people's decisions, what works for a person will be preposterous for another

For every man like this farm investor, there are hundreds who couldn't live up to the billing and who haven't been lazy too.

1 Like

Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Habeyy(m): 9:49am On Oct 18, 2019
adewumiopeyemi:
Good development Guys watch out the grill man will soon be here�����
the grill man.
The man that argues against logic
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by SarkinYarki: 9:49am On Oct 18, 2019
Commentor:

Everybody wan wear tie.

Mtcheew .

Be silent ...why are you not in the farm instead of this unprofitable BMC work you have .
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Venerable612(m): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2019
RexTramadol1:

You could have been right but not everyone will fancy entrepreneurial skills, not everyone will fancy tie and not everyone will like politics

Everyone has got their choices and it doesn't make them different from another person

A politician will see you in the farm and be like, this wan just dey suffer himself while I'm making cool money

A C.E.O will see a civil servant and be like, if you had the foresight you won't impoverish yourself with government job

And an oil worker with shell and the likes will see a C.E.O and be like, these ones live on loans while I make my millions sitting in towers

What's important is contentment, if everyone goes into farming, who will buy from farmers

If everyone goes into a single thing, the world can't go round

Let's just respect people's decisions, what works for a person will be preposterous for another

For every man like this farm investor, there are hundreds who couldn't live up to the billing and who haven't been lazy too.

Did you read the comment I quoted and responded to?
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Powersurge: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2019
Commentor:

Na long throat dey do you.

This will be the last time I will quote you on this matter. You obviously have not done farming before.I studied agriculture and I have done farming before. I can categorically tell you farming is not lucrative. except you are doing it in millions. Among the farming enterprises, piggery seems to be the most lucrative, and even that is not as lucrative as it is portrayed.

You can put all your savings in farming and lose all. And if you will make profit, most times it wouldn't be enough to keep you going.

Under intensive care, pig will take about 6-8 months to attain 100k weight. You will not make more 50 Naira profit per kg. You can make much less or lose. You need to have considerable finance and liter size to make substantive money from that. Else, you would have been in debt before the 8 month period complete.

Agronomy is worse. Bigger ruminants that take 3 years or more to mature becomes more challenging.

Mechanisation would have reduced this to an extent. But our mechanisation is a joke. We buy farm machine 3-4 times more expensive than a man in developed country would. Yet we are in a country that is among the poorest in the world. In addition, He (the man in developed country) will still get leverage from his government to purchase these machines. in the end, we will be buy about 8 times the price he would get the same machine.

Like I said, I have vast knowledge in this. But I will just pack my okada here and allow you and the others to go become millionaire through farming with the present setting up.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Commentor: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2019
Powersurge:

This will be the last time I will quote you on this matter. You obviously have not done farming before.I studied agriculture and I have done farming before. I can categorically tell you farming is not lucrative. except you are doing it in millions. Among the farming enterprises, piggery seems to be the most lucrative, and even that is not as lucrative as it is portrayed.

You can put all your savings in farming and lose all. And if you will make profit, most times it wouldn't be enough to keep you going.

Under intensive care, pig will take about 6-8 months to attain 100k weight. You will not make more 50 Naira profit per kg. You can make much less or lose. You need to have considerable finance and liter size to make substantive money from that. Else, you would have been in debt before the 8 month period complete.

Agronomy is worse. Bigger ruminants that take 3 years or more to mature becomes more challenging.

Mechanisation would have reduced this to an extent. But our mechanisation is a joke. We buy farm machine 3-4 times more expensive than a man in developed country would. Yet we are in a country that is among the poorest in the world. In addition, He (the man in developed country) will still get leverage from his government to purchase these machines. in the end, we will be buy about 8 times the price he would get the same machine.

Like I said, I have vast knowledge in this. But I will just pack my okada here and allow you and the others to go become millionaire through farming with the present setting up.

And what is easy?

Being jobless abi?

Continue.
Re: Yemi Osinbajo Visits NFGCS Farm In Gaa’te, Nasarawa (Photos) by Ngirima: 10:07am On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

And what is easy?

Being jobless abi?

Continue.

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Can Not Conduct Kogi And Bayelsa Elections: Femi Falana / Nigeria Is Sliding Into Economic Recession Under Buhari’s Watch – Olisa Agbakoba / Chinedum Orji Gifts Car, Employment To Couple Who Lost 4 Children In Suya Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.