Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,419 members, 7,846,753 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... (819 Views)

What's That One Advise You Wish Someone Like Old You Before Moving Abroad / Man Dating 23-year-old Woman Who Looks Like An 8-year-old / Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 18, 2019
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by daddytime(m): 7:21am On Oct 18, 2019
As I dey go learn how to read and write for straight line, I go jejely dey learn one skill after school hours even if na "fukanizer". By now I for don dey manufacture my own brand of tyres.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 18, 2019
I would bring myself out of my shell, play with other kids , talk more, get involved with activities, learn different kinds of things, enjoy being around people more, be nicer to the people I once met, be more courageous and daring, I would not pass off good opportunities and lots more.

4 Likes

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Ahmed0336(m): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2019
OP kindly lead so that we can follow.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 18, 2019
angry

3 Likes

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Offpoint1: 9:08am On Oct 18, 2019
If I'm given that option, I ain't going shît.

Let the past stays in the past.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 18, 2019
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:59am On Oct 18, 2019
I'd have reported to my parents that I was raped by my neighbour, now he's dead, a terrible death by the way, and I'm grateful to God for that.

2 Likes

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 18, 2019
smiley
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:14am On Oct 18, 2019
Inthemoment:

You could research 'Inner child work'
It's an assignment based on going back (mentally, spiritually, and emotionally) to those moments and giving yourself what was denied you. It helps to release the pain and rejection associated with the experience. It worked for me.

I was able to forgive, let go, and move on, over a short painful period of time.

Though the experience affected me emotionally and my interactions with men for a long time, hearing of his death made me cry uncontrollably for a week, but that marked the beginning of mental healing and freedom, remembering that ordeal brought sadness no doubt, but I'm good and over it smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Starz825(m): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Though the experience affected me emotionally and my interactions with men for a long time, hearing of his death made me cry uncontrollably for a week, but that marked the beginning of mental healing and freedom, remembering that ordeal brought sadness no doubt, but I'm good and over it smiley
Am sorry for what happened to u in the past And hope your mentality about men has changed...pls..not all men are bad/crook/wayward....pls..God will keep on healing

1 Like

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by amiibaby(f): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2019
Hmmm
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by amiibaby(f): 11:53am On Oct 18, 2019
I will tell myself not to marry a tall, fair, wealthy handsome husband and never to pass a street in Lagos Nigeria where I met him
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 18, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

smiley
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Dibblez: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
I'll tell myself to never buy or use vaseline grin grin
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Offpoint1: 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
I'd have reported to my parents that I was raped by my neighbour, now he's dead, a terrible death by the way, and I'm grateful to God for that.
tongue
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Aldebarann(m): 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
Value humanity, not religion. Respect elders, read & study tirelessly, follow a cause passionately, learn a musical instrument, care for others, take to correction & love genuinely

1 Like

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Stormyweather(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
amiibaby:
I will tell myself not to marry a tall, fair, wealthy handsome husband and never to pass a street in Lagos Nigeria where I met him
I'm curious please.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by FlyingTOMATOE: 11:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
amiibaby:
marry a tall, fair, wealthy handsome husband an
sounds like a perfect fit for price charming.

What happened
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
That for all the love i would later show, i should expect nohing less than scorn and hate.
Never trust people, they dont value the word 'loyalty'.
Its a man eat man world, ensure not to be the prey.
Never give up.
I had a sh!tty past, but i wont let it determine my future.
@fountainofyouth, i can relate. I was nearly raped at a young age too by an uncle. He did every nasty thing but didnt get the chance to penetrate.
Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by mumumugu(m): 3:46am On Nov 10, 2019
advice him to be himself even if it means rebelling against his dad.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Go Back In Time And Give The 8 Year Old You Some Advise... by amiibaby(f): 10:43am On Nov 10, 2019
I don’t want to talk about it
FlyingTOMATOE:
sounds like a perfect fit for price charming.

What happened

(1) (Reply)

5 Shocking Ways To Know Wether Someone Is Deeply In Love With You / My Former Girlfriend Was Too Demanding - So I Left Her / 'I Killed My Girlfriend Because She Left Me For Wealthy Men'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.