Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi (21052 Views)

UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) / OAU Begins Renovation Of Dilapidated Hostels / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by BleedingPen: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
Africa’s richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote has just announced the donation of two hostels (1 male, 1 female) to the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.

CAMPUS GIST reports that Dangote, Chairman of Dangote Group, made the donation at the 22nd convocation ceremony of the university, on Saturday, October 19.

Niger State Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello, also announced the donation of a whooping sum of ten million naira to the university.

Both donations came during the formal launching of AAU Endowment Funds, which the Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki oversaw.

Governor Obaseki, on his part, promised two megawatt Turbine for 24 hours power supply, and the construction of 2km road inside AAU campus.

The Governor also announced the donation of free WiFi connection for everyone, which he said will launch all those within the school environment on the internet.

CAMPUS GIST reports that today’s event, which is the 4th day since the ceremony started, saw the award of higher degrees and honorary degrees to recipients.

Other dignitaries at the ceremony include the Etsu Nupe, Yahaya Abubakar; Edo State Assembly Speaker, Mr. Frank Okiye, among others.

Gambia’s Minister of Trade represented his boss and the country’s president, Adama Barrow, who is billed to receive a honorary degree.

As at the time of filing this report, the ceremony which began at 10.a.m is still underway at the AAU Cordelia Agbebaku main auditorium, in Edo state.

http://www.campusgist.ng/22nd-convocation-dangote-gov-bello-donates-hostels-n10m-wifi-to-aau/

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Binikingdowm: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
Edo thank you Mr dangote

6 Likes

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by auntysimbiat(f): 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
nice
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by hollistarMOB(m): 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
Abu lolo hmmm... i will not say anything lipsrsealed

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by MrPsalmist(m): 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
My Dad
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by wisino1(m): 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Thank you dangote for the donation that school really need a standard hostel the last hostel was built by lucky igbinedion adminstration the governor should concentrate on building new faculty building and lecture theatre.

3 Likes

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Jaybnjamin(m): 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Let all these not be another audio promise in disguise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Rubbiish(m): 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Obaseki is a good man
If only oshiomhole treated ekpoma like this, AAU would have been a better school by now. Guess it is just God's work, because this school lacked attention under oshiomhole. The man hated ekpoma and anything that has to with ekpoma.

9 Likes

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Samuel200: 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Thanks
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
which wifi?
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Elkiko(m): 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
I know Dangote will fulfill is part... But that Niger state governor na audio money...

3 Likes

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by ndachee: 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Niger State Governor should use that 10 millions fix the road along chanchaga to shango.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by lukaino(m): 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2019
Which road them pass go Ekpoma?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by bornolowu(m): 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
wisino1:
Thank you dangote for the donation that school really need a standard hostel the last hostel was built by lucky igbinedion adminstration the governor should concentrate on building new faculty building and lecture theatre.
pls come back to AAU and see structures. pls come!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Luckysbab: 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
Man wey sabi. No be the one wey go carry sponsorship give BBN and other such frivolity. Na wah him company go dey grow dey go. tongue

Kudos to all the donors.
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
Jaybnjamin:
Let all these not be another audio promise in disguise.
dangote would fulfill his own part of the agreement, unless they are not properly utilized.
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Joecristiano7(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
Phew... What of the First class students, Dangote no give them one one million like Ned....
Nice gesture tho
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Binikingdowm: 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
bornolowu:
pls come back to AAU and see structures. pls come!!
grin they don't know obaseki is renovating some quaters

2 Likes

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by webngnews: 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hmmm
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Jaybnjamin(m): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2019
Lami4real:
dangote would fulfill his own part of the agreement, unless they are not properly utilized.

As his spokesperson, can you help me remind him of the promise he made to me the last time he came visiting

2 Likes

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Charmhive: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
Dangote will fulfill his part...

Join our project team as a Field Rep and earn up to N100,000 monthly by acquiring users for a tech product in your area...

Reps with exceptional results, get extra pay monthly.

Join Here: https://forms.gle/TTEgw4VYCtyGwzcMA

NB: Limited slots available!
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by Youngjohnosas: 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
wisino1:
it's been long you last visited the school, A lot of projects are going on simultaneously and I can categorically tell you that the governor has the school at heart. if the trend is to be sustained in a few years it will be a rejuvenated school.

5 Likes

Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by cenaman(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hausa amaka, nyamiri terrorist.
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by nwamabo247(m): 7:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
they try....please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by mechanics(m): 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hmmmmm, Sani Bello, when last did he donate such amount to his own Niger state university Lapia.
Re: AAU 22nd Convocation: Dangote, Sani Bello Donate Hostels, N10m, WiFi by wisino1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Youngjohnosas:
it's been long you last visited the school, A lot of projects are going on simultaneously and I can categorically tell you that the governor has the school at heart. if the trend is to be sustained in a few years it will be a rejuvenated school.
oh really that's great. i graduated there a long time ago

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Every Year One Student Can Relate To In Schools / I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU / Profile Of Prof. Ibiyemi Olatunji-Bello, LASU Vice Chancellor (VC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.