Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? (3691 Views)

4-year-old Child Blinds 5-year-old Friend With Needle / Missing 3-year Old Child / A 5year Old Girl With An Outstanding bosom(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2010
How Will u explain to ur 5 yrs old boy if hé asked u how hé was born? Is it through ur mouth mum? I couldn't explain it to him, i cut short the story by, son say something else, with Time u Will know.
Would u explain in details if u were me??
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2010
you are trying to reason too much for a kid just tell him your father planted a seed in me and it grow inside you for 9 months and you where born
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 10, 2010
^^ Very wrong answer zim,a seed? watch the boy probe further.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Mruzoh1: 1:03am On Nov 10, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

you are trying to reason too much for a kid just tell him your father planted a seed in me and it grow inside you for 9 months and you where born

I guess you you're right but the answer looks questionable.

jennykadry:

^^ Very wrong answer zim,a seed? watch the boy probe further.

So tell us, what would you tell the kid?
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Outstrip(f): 1:07am On Nov 10, 2010
He was in mummys tummy and then they took him out of her belly button
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Mruzoh1: 1:12am On Nov 10, 2010
Outstrip:

Thats more perfect!
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
Outstrip:

That is thé problem, what bottom? Will u explain where thé bottom is? Because he has already asked me why i dont ve penis like him and his dad. That i was able to explain a bit. But to realy explain where hé pass through befor hé saw thé light of this world for thé very 1st day!! I think it's hard for now. undecided
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Mruzoh1: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2010
plappville:

That is thé problem, what bottom? Will u explain where thé bottom is? Because he has already asked me why i dont ve manliness like him and his dad. That i was able to explain a bit. But to realy explain where hé pass through befor hé saw thé light of this world for thé very 1st day!! I think it's hard for now. undecided

Your case is complicating, You should have asked all these before replying
the kid.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2010
Mr uzoh:

Your case is complicating, You should have asked all these before replying
the kid.
Lol, what is complicating? Explain exactly what u Will tell ur 5 yrs old boy. Kids ask question to know, but at a certain âge we ve to be care of our reply.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Mruzoh1: 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2010
kid stop asking! You ask too much!

I think that will help.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by mutter(f): 11:40pm On Nov 10, 2010
I would tell my child the truth but with vocabulary appropriate for his age. I would want my kid to hear it from me first rather than outside. One has to be careful with kids. I have seen cases where parents gave very explicit information and the kids went to KG or school to tell their friends.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 11, 2010
5 yrs old? I will tell him to go watch tv
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by mutter(f): 11:30am On Nov 11, 2010
A five year old knows a great deal, much more than parents sometimes suspect. Don`t forget that they get exposed outside to alot of talk from other kids. That is why we need to clear our kids up. The fact that a kid asks a question is already an indication that there is a desire for knowledge. It is also maybe an indication that he has been exposed to the topic, either in conversation or from what he sees. Very often kids ask these questions when their mums are pregnant too.
That is why I think it is the duty of parents to clear their kids up.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2010
Mr uzoh:

kid stop asking! You ask too much!

I think that will help.
It is normal they ask question, this ur method Will never help in stoping the questions from coming.
I Work in a social and cultural center where we réception kids from âge 4 to 12 yrs. They just can't stop asking question, sometimes they Côme up with question that u Will évén be wondering what might ve happened in thier vue.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2010
It's quit a long Time i ve come here, i guess there are alot of changes, what is happening to My topic? This is not what i wrote as topic ((Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version?))
I wrote: how Will you answer him? Plz CAN some1 enlighten me of update here, thank u.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Mruzoh1: 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2010
plappville:

It is normal they ask question, this your method Will never help in stoping the questions from  coming.
I Work in a social and cultural center where we réception kids from âge 4 to 12 yrs. They just can't stop asking question, sometimes they Côme up with question that u Will évén be wondering what might ve happened in thier vue.

The answers above will help! guess so.

plappville:

It's quit a long Time i ve come here, i guess there are alot of changes, what is happening to My topic? This is not what i wrote as topic ((Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version?))
I wrote: how Will you answer him? Plz CAN some1 enlighten me of update here, thank u.

NairaLand is becoming funny. i guess they are tired of running it here cos they dont care how the forumites feel here.

They just do whatever they want.

I hope they turn a new leave.

Imagine changing a thread topic. funny! whats the impression?

why not tell you from the on set before clicking the submit button.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
the problem is

you are reasoning as grown up you no the adult life hence you are all thinking along those line instead of being a 5 year child who still believes in santa
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by freecocoa(f): 1:36am On Nov 12, 2010
Believe me that kid has gotten somehow close to the truth but he isn't quite sure so he wants to hear it 4rm mummy.am not a mum yet and i don't even know what i'll say i guess it'll be wait when daddy comes we'll ask him together.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Mruzoh1: 4:10am On Nov 12, 2010
freecocoa:

Believe me that kid has gotten somehow close to the truth but he isn't quite sure so he wants to hear it 4rm mummy.am not a mum yet and i don't even know what i'll say i guess it'll be wait when daddy comes we'll ask him together.

Don't you think the impression would be that the answer is not worth revealing?

That way you make the kid wanna hear from others too.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by oyinmama(f): 10:44am On Nov 12, 2010
@Topic:

I've got two girls aged 5 and 7, and up till recently, the only thing they knew was that babies originally grow in the mum's belly before they are born, at this point they never asked how.  About four months ago, whilst driving from school, the older one 9 (who I will refer to as Big Miss) started a conversation thus:

Big Miss: Mummy? I want to ask you a question

Me: Yes?

Big Miss: Where do babies come from?

Me: From the mum's tummy of course, thot u knew that alredi

Big Miss:  Yes, I know they come from the belly, but how do they come out?

Me:  Ehm, they come out of the tummy now,

Big Miss: Yes, but hoooooow?  do they cut the mum's tummy open?

Me:  Ehm, ehm, no, actually, they come out thru the mum's bom-bom

Both Children:  WHAAAAATTTTT!!!!

Big Miss: Which of the bom-boms Mummy?  Is it the wee-wee bom-bom or the poo-poo bom-bom?

Me: ehm,

Big Miss:   Eeeeeeewwwwww, so the baby will be covered in poo-poo and wee-wee when they are born?!  Mummy, do u mean Small Miss and I were covered with that when we were born?

Little Miss:  Yuck!!!   Not me o!!!

Both Children:  Eeeeeeewwwwww!!!!!

Me:   wink wink, for now, till they ask how the babies got into the tummy in the first place,
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by mutter(f): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2010
oyinmama
That was exactly how my kids reacted cheesy
Yesterday one came home and the teacher had been telling them, how the kids come into the tummy.
My 7 year looked at me in disgust and asked me
"So that is what you do with papa?"
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by Mruzoh1: 11:43am On Nov 12, 2010
This is becoming interesting!

So funny.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by oyinmama(f): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2010
mutter:

oyinmama
That was exactly how my kids reacted cheesy
Yesterday one came home and the teacher had been telling them, how the kids come into the tummy.
My 7 year looked at me in disgust and asked me

LOL!!!  Can't imagine how u handled that!!
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2010
Mr uzoh:

The answers above will help! guess so.
NairaLand is becoming funny. i guess they are tired of running it here cos they dont care how the forumites feel here.

They just do whatever they want.

I hope they turn a new leave.

Imagine changing a thread topic. funny! whats the impression?

why not tell you from the on set before clicking the submit button.

I fear fear oooo, it's thé first time they are changing m'y thread topic. I guess they lack respect for forumist, it least inform me befor thé action!

Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
@Oyimama, this kind of conversation is easier to discuss with female kids than mâle.
Am sûre ur kids Will nô longer bring up this dubject any more LOL .
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by iaabc(f): 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
oyinmama:

LOL!!!  Can't imagine how u handled that!!

wondering too. and wondering how it was actually presented at school to 7 year olds enough to make him come back with that feeling.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by mutter(f): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2010
The children were encouraged to tell the teacher all the know. My kid came back with allot of stories. The kids were also asked the different names for the private parts and so he came back with such detailed stories I had to gasp. Many of the kids told stories, some had even watched it on tv, etc.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by plappville(f): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2010
I think this is just too much for a primary two child. What sort of subject is that? I Will speak with My 7yrs old teacher if i was to be in your shoe.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by iaabc(f): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2010
mutter:

The children were encouraged to tell the teacher all the know. My kid came back with allot of stories. The kids were also asked the different names for the private parts and so he came back with such detailed stories I had to gasp. Many of the kids told stories, some had even watched it on tv, etc.

I think that's too much for 7 year olds. Are maths and english lessons finished?
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2010
mutter:

there are encouraged to tell all when they notice some abuse on the child they encourage him/her to tell everything that happens home
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by iaabc(f): 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

there are encouraged to tell all when they notice some abuse on the child they encourage him/her to tell everything that happens home

i don't think this was a case of reporting abuse. It seemed like it was a class session, but i'll leave it to mutter.
Re: The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2010
iaabc:

i don't think this was a case of reporting abuse. It seemed like it was a class session, but i'll leave it to mutter.

lets agree to disagree

here in the UK thats how they con kids to tell what happens in their home hence kids turn to be aware of what is abuse i.e hitting them s/he will tell you that s/he was told that parents shouldnt hit kids

how did they know becoz the kids where asked if parents hit them and how do they hit them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand Of Gascooker To Purchase / I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. / Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.