Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. (3688 Views)

Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife / A Girl Shared Heart Breaking Story On How Her Parents Scared Her As A Child / "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Vivalavida99(f): 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
JUST A LESSON!

If I had known, I would not have played the America visa lottery. The lottery I played had put indelible scar on my heart, causing me pain daily as I move closer to the grave. I am now 64 years of age. My undoing was the visa lottery I played in 2007. Prior to this time, all was well, and going smoothly in our family.

I had married my wife in 1985. We were blessed with 3 boys and a girl. The girl, Moyosore was our first child. She was born in 1986. The boys came there after in 1988, 1990, and 1994.

My wife was a full time house wife. She had everything at her request. A chauffeur driving car, two house helps, and other conveniences were at her disposals. I was a senior management staff at the defunct NITEL. A trained and accompanished electronic engineer. I travelled round the Nation. My assignments most times, were between the Federal Capital Territory, and Owerri in Imo State. I however ensured am in Lagos at least twice a month to see my family. This was between 1986 , and 1997. I retired in 1999 to start my own private company, which has continued to triumph to God's glory.

In 2007, I joined several other Nigerians to play the visa lottery of the United States. I was part of the few thousands that won. I was happy, not because of myself, but because of my two younger children who will have the benefit of automatic citizenship of America. My older children; Moyosore, Aanuoluwapo were already schooling in Canada as at the time.

Hmmmmm, one of the major conditions of granting the visa is blood screening, and conduct of DNA for beneficiary's dependants. I had submitted necessary documents, and made payments for our screenings at the popular St. Nicholas, Lagos Island. We did the tests as recommended. The results were to be sent to the Embassy.

I got a letter at a later date that I should present my passport and my wife's for visas. On enquiry, they said the kids I presented weren't mine. I almost lost my sanity! My kids weren't mine? Is that possible was my song. I find it difficult to comprend. Because, it happened near my birthday celebration, I invited Moyo and Aanu home under the pretence that they were coming to celebrate with me, and had their DNA carried out. Alas, only Moyosore was my authentic child!

I became sick, and almost passed on. I was hospitalised for a month. I eventually lost the opportunity to complete the processing of the visas, as I was no longer myself. A bi, of what need is the visa without my kids?

When I got over the shock, I confronted my wife. She was mad with me. She called me unprintable names and a failure. I kept my peace and moved on. The following week, I invited her to a friend's party. On our way back, I parked the car and pulled out of the road. She asked why, and I told her not to worry. I then raised the matter again. She rained abuse on me, and called me a drunk.

At that point, I pointed a pistol at her side, and threatened to kill her, and dump her on the abandoned road. I showed her copy of the DNA I got on Aanu, and the notification I received from American embassy.
At this point, my wife became parrot. She swallowed her pride, and confessed. She said Aanu was fathered by David, a friend and colleague, who was more of a brother than friend. We had been friends for almost 30 years. Tunde and Bidemi were sons of our househelp, Kingsley. Kingsley was from Benue. He worked with us for almost 15 years. I had noticed my wife special interest in him, but never knew he was sharing her with me.

It has been 10 years after the ugly incident, and revelation. I survived the shock, but Adunninever! She died two years after. She couldn't wait to tell the kids and sort out the problem and havoc she caused. Till date, the children are not in the knowing of my predicament. The children are doing good. The last, Bidemi now 23 is working in a multinational company. He graduated at 19. So also are the other brothers and their siste, who are doing great in Overseas.

Now, am 64. I have written my will again and again. I have deleted the names of the boys from my last will, even though I have not gathered enough courage to inform them that am not their biological father.
I have not told anyone either, and its killing me day- by- day.

[copied)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by SmartchoicesNG: 10:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
Thank God you​ knew. Let the kids live their lives without disruption. They are your kids. Forget about how they were sired...

9 Likes

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by tellwisdom: 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
Op, what did u write?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by kuljoe4: 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
It's not their fault, I wish everyone has a big loving heart. He should just love them as his children, no need to sow the seed of discord amongst them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by dhardline(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
I think hospitals should make DNA tests compulsory immediately a child is born at least let the man know early enough if the child is his or not. My 2kobo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 22, 2017
dhardline:
I think hospitals should make DNA tests compulsory immediately a child is born at least let the man know early enough if the child is his or not. My 2kobo.

I concur.
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Benbisco(f): 10:30am On Mar 22, 2017
Very sad story indeed.

Not making a case for the wife but from the story, permit me to say that she probably got lonely and was tempted to do what she did.

After marriage in 1985, the man's job kept taking him away from home from 1986 to 1997. 11yrs. And he tried to visit Lagos (where the young wife is) twice a month. Haba!

Still not making a case for her and also not saying the man should not have worked o but this idea of couples staying apart has never been appealing to me. No be everybody fit hold body o.

Infact this DNA testing for Visa application has really opened some cans of worm.

A woman was collecting money for upkeep from a man she had a child for who did not marry her. He was at this time married and staying in the UK with his wife & kids but this other lady kept asking for money. His official wife got irritated by the continuous demands and suggested the child (now a teenager) comes over to join the other kids and she would care for him.

When e reach time for DNA screening, the result showed that the boy was not his child. The man had been spending on someone else's child. Na there story end.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by elampiro(m): 1:18am On May 29, 2017
Vivalavida99:
JUST A LESSON!

If I had known, I would not have played the America visa lottery. The lottery I played had put indelible scar on my heart, causing me pain daily as I move closer to the grave. I am now 64 years of age. My undoing was the visa lottery I played in 2007. Prior to this time, all was well, and going smoothly in our family.

I had married my wife in 1985. We were blessed with 3 boys and a girl. The girl, Moyosore was our first child. She was born in 1986. The boys came there after in 1988, 1990, and 1994.

My wife was a full time house wife. She had everything at her request. A chauffeur driving car, two house helps, and other conveniences were at her disposals. I was a senior management staff at the defunct NITEL. A trained and accompanished electronic engineer. I travelled round the Nation. My assignments most times, were between the Federal Capital Territory, and Owerri in Imo State. I however ensured am in Lagos at least twice a month to see my family. This was between 1986 , and 1997. I retired in 1999 to start my own private company, which has continued to triumph to God's glory.

In 2007, I joined several other Nigerians to play the visa lottery of the United States. I was part of the few thousands that won. I was happy, not because of myself, but because of my two younger children who will have the benefit of automatic citizenship of America. My older children; Moyosore, Aanuoluwapo were already schooling in Canada as at the time.

Hmmmmm, one of the major conditions of granting the visa is blood screening, and conduct of DNA for beneficiary's dependants. I had submitted necessary documents, and made payments for our screenings at the popular St. Nicholas, Lagos Island. We did the tests as recommended. The results were to be sent to the Embassy.

I got a letter at a later date that I should present my passport and my wife's for visas. On enquiry, they said the kids I presented weren't mine. I almost lost my sanity! My kids weren't mine? Is that possible was my song. I find it difficult to comprend. Because, it happened near my birthday celebration, I invited Moyo and Aanu home under the pretence that they were coming to celebrate with me, and had their DNA carried out. Alas, only Moyosore was my authentic child!

I became sick, and almost passed on. I was hospitalised for a month. I eventually lost the opportunity to complete the processing of the visas, as I was no longer myself. A bi, of what need is the visa without my kids?

When I got over the shock, I confronted my wife. She was mad with me. She called me unprintable names and a failure. I kept my peace and moved on. The following week, I invited her to a friend's party. On our way back, I parked the car and pulled out of the road. She asked why, and I told her not to worry. I then raised the matter again. She rained abuse on me, and called me a drunk.

At that point, I pointed a pistol at her side, and threatened to kill her, and dump her on the abandoned road. I showed her copy of the DNA I got on Aanu, and the notification I received from American embassy.
At this point, my wife became parrot. She swallowed her pride, and confessed. She said Aanu was fathered by David, a friend and colleague, who was more of a brother than friend. We had been friends for almost 30 years. Tunde and Bidemi were sons of our househelp, Kingsley. Kingsley was from Benue. He worked with us for almost 15 years. I had noticed my wife special interest in him, but never knew he was sharing her with me.

It has been 10 years after the ugly incident, and revelation. I survived the shock, but Adunninever! She died two years after. She couldn't wait to tell the kids and sort out the problem and havoc she caused. Till date, the children are not in the knowing of my predicament. The children are doing good. The last, Bidemi now 23 is working in a multinational company. He graduated at 19. So also are the other brothers and their siste, who are doing great in Overseas.

Now, am 64. I have written my will again and again. I have deleted the names of the boys from my last will, even though I have not gathered enough courage to inform them that am not their biological father.
I have not told anyone either, and its killing me day- by- day.

[copied)

Women

Hardened cheaters but never get caught

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Nutase: 8:49am On May 29, 2017
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by cooljude(m): 4:38pm On May 29, 2017
Benbisco:
Very sad story indeed.

Not making a case for the wife but from the story, permit me to say that she probably got lonely and was tempted to do what she did.

After marriage in 1985, the man's job kept taking him away from home from 1986 to 1997. 11yrs. And he tried to visit Lagos (where the young wife is) twice a month. Haba!

Still not making a case for her and also not saying the man should not have worked o but this idea of couples staying apart has never been appealing to me. No be everybody fit hold body o.

Infact this DNA testing for Visa application has really opened some cans of worm.

A woman was collecting money for upkeep from a man she had a child for who did not marry her. He was at this time married and staying in the UK with his wife & kids but this other lady kept asking for money. His official wife got irritated by the continuous demands and suggested the child (now a teenager) comes over to join the other kids and she would care for him.

When e reach time for DNA screening, the result showed that the boy was not his child. The man had been spending on someone else's child. Na there story end.

Please keep quiet. How can a sane person defend such a woman. sorry my bad you b woman too.

Op, I feel you should give something no matter how small to the other children and give the majority to your biological child. Find a way to make sure that your legacy carries a direct link under your family tree.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Viking007(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2017
embarassed
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Benbisco(f): 5:31pm On May 29, 2017
cooljude:

Please keep quiet. How can a sane person defend such a woman. sorry my bad you b woman too.

Op, I feel you should give something no matter how small to the other children and give the majority to your biological child. Find a way to make sure that your legacy carries a direct link under your family tree.

Mr. Cooljude, did you even read my comment before going ahead to type that first paragraph of yours?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Suplexx: 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by SURElee(f): 1:35am On Jul 15, 2017
dhardline:

TRUE O! THIS IS WICKEDNESS.
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by SURElee(f): 1:39am On Jul 15, 2017
Benbisco:
Very sad story indeed.

Not a justification jare for the cheating wife. How does a wife cheat and still pass off her illegitimate children from her escapades as her husband's children? This is a massive blow mehn! How does any marriage survive after this? I don't even want to imagine it.
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 15, 2017
I hope this isn't a true story. undecided
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Antina(f): 3:06am On Jul 15, 2017
FortuneTeller:
I hope this isn't a true story. undecided

I have heard of a real true story like this before undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by pressplay411(m): 3:25am On Jul 15, 2017
Women can be so heartless. Even if you must cheat on your husband must you get pregnant too and sit back watching the poor guy dying for another person's children? Only 1 out of 4 is his FatherLordAlmighty!
The audacity of even raining curses and insults on the man again with desperate lies... I can't deal.
Truly the heart of a woman is an abyss of secrets and lies.

I don't even know how to lie to a person talk less of a life threatening lie to the one I'm supposed to love?
I hope Granp learns to love those kids like his own. Apparently the truth is difficult but they need to be told.
She doesn't deserve the good memory they have of her, he should let them know the level of evil scum and trash their mother was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by LePrezident(m): 6:33am On Jul 15, 2017
pressplay411:
Women can be so heartless. Even if you must cheat on your husband must you get pregnant too and sit back watching the poor guy dying for another person's children? Only 1 out of 4 is his FatherLordAlmighty!
The audacity of even raining curses and insults on the man again with desperate lies... I can't deal.
Truly the heart of a woman is an abyss of secrets and lies.

I don't even know how to lie to a person talk less of a life threatening lie to the one I'm supposed to love?
I hope Granp learns to love those kids like his own. Apparently the truth is difficult but they need to be told.
She doesn't deserve the good memory they have of her, he should let them know the level of evil scum and trash their mother was.

Guy it's a serious issue with women o, that's how Odartey-Lamptey former blackstars player was taking care of three children from his wife who he tbought were his kids and gave them the best of education only to realise all the children were not his after they were all grown. I feel DNA is a must for every childbirth. Such stories are just nauseating

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by JBoy9(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
The heart of a woman lies in he deepest ocean of secret.....

1 Like

Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by SlowlybtSurely: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
elampiro:

Women

Hardened creaters but never get caught

They learnt from the best.
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Chubhie: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2017
With the rate at which slay queens are churned out on nairaland and instagram, men are in for more troubles.
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by collinsVP: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
This story breaks my heart to be honest.
You're a good man. Having trained the kids well, you have done great already.

May God wisdom guide you as you write your final will.
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by GarbaAudu: 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
I hope this story is a fiction or a film script. Wallahi I can't take it. I can't imagine the heart attack.
Re: I Regret Playing The US Visa Lottery - A Heart Breaking Story. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
Shiite at 54?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

He Wants Me To Return To The Village With Him. / My Husband Refuses To Take Me Out / The Birds and the Bees Story for my 5Year old child. What's YOUR version?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.