Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos (20319 Views)

Ngige Visits Properties Destroyed By Hoodlums In Anambra; Pledges Support (Pix) / Sadiya Umar Farouq Visits Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos / Reno Omokri Locates Victim Of Onitsha Fire Outbreak, Makes Donation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by AprokoGirl: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2019
The Minister of Labour and Employment , Dr. Chris Ngige , wept on Saturday when he visited the scene of the tanker fire accident at DMGS roundabout in Onitsha , Anambra State and saw the volume of books destroyed by the inferno .

“This is the destruction of a generation . My daughter bought a book here for her medical course. This was after we searched for the book in many bookshops across the country without success ,” Ngige lamented .

No fewer than 10 houses and 30 vehicles were razed in the inferno .

The minister also wept over the destruction of books in two law chambers in the area .
Chief J . C . Mbanugo , Chairman of Joeson Bookshops Limited , a tertiary books dealer , whose shop was razed by the fire , told the minister he was still in a state of shock .
He said , “I cannot quantify the cost of books consumed by the fire because most of the tertiary books on display are very costly.”
Ngige , however , assured the Onitsha fire victims of the support of the Federal Government .
The minister , who described the destruction as massive , said the Federal Government would find a way to come in to assuage the pains of the victims .

“This is painful. We are all in pains and agony . What took us many years to build just vanished within few minutes . You won’ t suffer alone . We shall all come in to assist . The Federal Government will come to assist through the National Directorate of Employment .

“This fire incident should not be the end of the world for the victims . I saw electronics and bookshops burnt to ashes . I also saw law chambers and residential homes burnt beyond recognition and we have a scheme under the NDE to assist in rehabilitating such victims .

“ I will direct the National Directorate of Employment , which is a department of my ministry, to come down for an assessment tour of this scene, after which we shall see how we can assist in rehabilitating the victims and repair or replace their burnt properties ,” the minister stated .

Ngige , who thanked God that no life was lost , accused the state government for poor fire -fighting initiative .

He condemned the situation where the state would continue to be relying on fire - fighting arrangements from neighbouring Delta State .
The minister condemned the siting of filling stations in residential areas , adding that the Federal Government would come up with a regulation to stop such act .

He advised the Department of Petroleum Resources to consider occupational safety in siting new filling stations .

Source : https://web./www.apgang.org/permalink/2759076107490139/

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by AprokoGirl: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2019

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by helinues: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2019
Never too late

So Reno might have been on his knees so that fg can compensates the Onitsha traders..

That's titles changers.. Ex bla bla is stale already..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by eternityk: 7:59am On Oct 21, 2019
These people and focusing of cameras
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by MERCHANDISER: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2019
All these rich men donating money to big brother oloshos should do the same

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by ijewejones: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2019
This man performed well in state level as a governor..

I wonder what & why he isn't performing well @ the federal level

Is he afraid to voice out as against wen he was abducted or is there too much money in federal level for him to stay mute

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by Futuragetty: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2019
Photo op politician! He will promise to rebuild or sponsor them. But will never honour his promises. Ha ba! Is it not Chris ngige again? Mtchew Stingy Man!

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by Thisis2raw(m): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2019
Watch how politicians will politicize this for cheap gain, while the masses suffer.

See the market road, that's say alot

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by Flexherbal(m): 9:44am On Oct 21, 2019
Can these people ever recover from this!
Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by PureGoldh(m): 9:44am On Oct 21, 2019
Nice speech... But actions they do say speaks louder than words (voice)

Let's see how it goes... My condolences goes out to all the people that lost their family member(s) or property.. May God give them the fortitude to bear the loss and may he provide for them. Unlimitedly

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by RichDad1(m): 9:44am On Oct 21, 2019
They will soon be here to curse him.
Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by Thisis2raw(m): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
asin eh, so Mc galaxy won't help, after dashing out millions to people that are already set

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by EasyPeazy: 9:45am On Oct 21, 2019
Hope is not the usual photo ops that yields nothing eventually?

2 pieces of foreign used galaxy s7 edge for sale. Price is 45k each. Call or WhatsApp 08135880923 or 09090907136.
Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by ojialo(m): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2019
Pictures of Ngige weeping please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by clems88(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2019
Weep fire. If I hear sey single drop fell from his eye make I no wear boxers again angry
Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by hopexter(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2019
My only True Nigerian Politician. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by chrisdstar: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2019
Can you see how his skin is different from that of every other person there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by Flexherbal(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by aspirebig: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2019
What?

Wait o, did I just read "Nige,who thanked God that no life was lost,"?

What about the woman that died with her baby on her chest both burnt beyond recognition?
What about the person burnt from kneel up beyond recognition, while the legs were still fresh?

Government should stop this, people died in Onitsha inferno, no one, not two, not even three.

Ngige fear God o..

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by tiswell(m): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2019
Nice one from FG...Onwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by sylve11: 9:49am On Oct 21, 2019
Wetin dey this my comment wey make them banned me for 4 days? People say worse things against the Hausa/Fulani tribes, but they didn't ban them.

I'm beginning to think something is not right with the Igbo moderator that got me banned. But no wahala sha. cool

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by Germi9: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2019
Between the road and the burnt buildings which one really needs urgent rehabilitation?

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by shekhili: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2019
chai... fire no good ooo
Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by Sunnymatey(m): 9:52am On Oct 21, 2019
I thought they were claims and picture of a lady with her baby said to had been killed during this incident?
Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by Caseless: 9:56am On Oct 21, 2019
cool

IPOD yoot right now...

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by mrvitalis(m): 9:56am On Oct 21, 2019
Flexherbal:
Can these people ever recover from this!
They are Igbos come back here 5 years later 70% would be richer than they were before the fire

They just need money to build the shops ...

Goods would be supplied for free they sale pay keep profit ...

Cooperative ,clubs would help out ...

They would be back except the old men who won't see a need or the few weak ones

4 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by virginchaser(m): 9:57am On Oct 21, 2019
One thing i expected to read is - LAND AND MONEY ALLOCATED FOR BUILDING AND PURCHASE OF FIRE ENGINES - Anything short of this is playing to gallery. We voted for these guys to serve and not to lord over us.
Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by technuel: 9:58am On Oct 21, 2019
ijewejones:
This man performed well in state level as a governor..

I wonder what & why he isn't performing well @ the federal level

Is he afraid to voice out as against wen he was abducted or is there too much money in federal level for him to stay mute
Fashola also performed well
Ngige performed well
And El-rufai also perfomed well as a Minister
May be it is B Body odour that is disturbing them

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Visits Ochanja , Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos by chubinwa(m): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2019
This incident should be a national issue. federal government should allocate some fund to build and rehabilitate the victims of such gory circumstances

(1) (2) (Reply)

Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT / Kachikwu Reacts To Recent Attacks On Forcados Pipeline By Militants / U.S. Embassy Team Takes On Magu Over DSS Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.