Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! (750 Views)

Governor Abubakar Standing In Airport Shuttle Bus / Lobatan!!! Lagbaja Attack Obasanjo In New Video / I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! by wales(m): 6:31am On Nov 10, 2010
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday said he was not physically hurt in Monday’s attack near the Presidential Lounge of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

A man, identified by a security source on Tuesday as Oweru, had sneaked up to the ex-president’s car when it stopped at the junction of the road leading out of the presidential lounge.

The ex-president’s car, which was travelling in a convoy, was waiting to join the major road connecting the old domestic terminal, MMA2 and international wing when the attacker opened one of the rear doors and allegedly charged at Obasanjo.

But speaking with THE PUNCH on the telephone, Obasanjo admitted that the strange man opened the side of the Sport Utility Vehicle where he sat but did not hit him.

The account of the former president was delivered by his Media Consultant, Mr. Adeoba Ojekunle, and a security officer, who was in Obasanjo’s convoy when the incident occurred. Ojekunle explained that security operatives had noticed the presence of the alleged attacker before Obasanjo’s arrival.

He stated that they made efforts to eject him from the presidential wing before the arrival of the former President from a foreign trip.

Ojekunle said, “Our people were already on the ground before Obasanjo’s arrival. At about 7am, security men noticed the presence of the man and tried to get him out of the place. Men of the Nigerian Air Force, who came to handle security in the place, drove the man out of the gate.

“Officers of the anti-terrorism squad were also around. The problem was that when they drove the man out of the gate, nobody knew that he went to stay by the side of the road, close to the gate.”

He added that the suspect “pursued the vehicle on the road; the convoy was already on the road, not in the premises. The man suddenly emerged from the roadside, grabbed the door of the vehicle and opened it.”

According to him, “Nobody was prepared for the sudden attack. He had not touched Baba (Obasanjo). It was not true that he hit Baba. Don’t forget that Obasanjo himself was a soldier.

“If he had hit him (Obasanjo), the man himself could have been hurt. You know there were vehicles in front of the one conveying Baba and another one at the back. So, when the man was trying to open the door, running after the vehicle, the security aides in the vehicle behind got down and overpowered him. He was subsequently handed over to the security details at the airport. Chief Obasanjo was not hurt in the attack.”

However, THE PUNCH discovered on Tuesday that the suspect had not been admitted at the Federal Neuro Psychiatric Hospital Yaba, Lagos State, as promised by the Commissioner of Police in charge of airport command, Mr. Chris Ola. During a visit by our correspondent to the hospital, it was learnt that the suspect had not been admitted to the only public neuro psychiatric hospital in the state.

The security source who gave the suspect’s name did not want to be named because of the sensitive nature of the matter. The source said the matter had been handed over to the State Security Service for further investigation.

Attempt to obtain a reaction from the SSS spokesperson, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar, failed as she neither responded to calls to her phone nor the SMS sent to her mobile.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011102521521
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! by wales(m): 6:32am On Nov 10, 2010
Apart from the founding fathers, Obasanjo is the only TRUE Nigerian that has ever ruled this country believe it or leave it. He takes all life events in good faith and always move ahead, including this one. God bless you Baba.
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! by 9icest: 6:53am On Nov 10, 2010
wales:

Apart from the founding fathers, Obasanjo is the only TRUE Nigerian that has ever ruled this country believe it or leave it. He takes all life events in good faith and always move ahead, including this one. God bless you Baba.

Yawn. Tell that to his own family, and they will stone you.
OBJ imposed a dead man on Nigeria. Increased fuel price before he left. Left the country in complete confusion, and now he's pushing an ex-militant to rule us.
Now, thats Greatness grin
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! by jpilata(m): 7:32am On Nov 10, 2010
A so called kuala lumpur, what are u talking about?do u think to rule nigeria is an easy thing.First of all rule your family well.If u don't like OBJ and GEJ,go and kill yourself,
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! by wales(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2010
j.pilata:

A so called kuala lumpur, what are u talking about?do u think to rule nigeria is an easy thing.First of all rule your family well.If u don't like OBJ and GEJ,go and kill yourself,

Help tell him !
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! by superboi(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2010
please has any one seen my guy becomerich lately? grin
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! by Blazay(m): 9:01am On Nov 10, 2010
His ugliness is enough punishment anyway.
He that is down need fear of a fall or should I say 'an attack'.
Re: I Was Not Hurt In Airport Attack – Obasanjo ! by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 10, 2010
I bet the attacker would be dead by now

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Solider In Maiduguri / We Are Ready For Salary Cut -senate / Ibori Looses Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.