Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) (96597 Views)

Indigenous Energy Firm Rolls Out Nigeria's 1st Natural Gas-powered Buses(photos) / Cultists Finger Politicians As Sponsors After Setting Ablaze INEC Buses. Photos / Checkout Dino Melaye And His Campaign Tour Buses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by NGpatriot: 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
BlackBaron:

You clearly know little about the job you're doing.

Remind your unborn generation you were the town crier for those stalling their development

Sadly, why you are worried about me, Tinubu and Lagos State, this is you and your future generation, this is your future and stone-age life in 2019..

grin

Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by Badonasty(m): 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
Fola Tinubu....what does Tinubu not own in Lagos sef
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by Balenciagabrain: 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
Any government that is still thinking buses to ease transportation in Lagos is not a serious government. Pls what happened to making railway system work in Lagos?

Lagos state NEEDs a good rail network and heavy taxes on cars for it to work.
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by Izzymore(m): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
Lagos naa lagos... All bad na bad.... All good na good God knows the best.

Meanwhile... Prices can be review based on the prevalence prices on Monday and Thursday morning

If you need any kind of Chicks ...day old broiler... Day old cockerel...day old pullets... Local turkey.. day old putted turkey Point of lay layers... Contact me on 08024110512 whatsApp 07036023050

*WE DELIVER NATION WIDE AND OFFER AFTER SALES SUPPORT TO OUR CLIENTS
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by Bsideboi(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
Who is Fola Tinubu if I may ask.He is probably connected to Jagaban ...Sanwo olu donated 800buses to Primero. Who owns Primero?
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by shomutuski(m): 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
2special:
This sanwo-olu is clueless and confused.

That ugly looking muppet!! He can be likened to a hotspot connection. Tinubu is the device using him.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by forsto(m): 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2019
There is still a hidden problem in this transportation. Lagos should view transport in another way.
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 24, 2019
Kwamecron:
Na still the same thing...
If u kw u kw

Shey na ambode carry money go buy am buy himself nii....

Still the same company but different administration....

They are all thief’s

It is thieves not thief's. Cheers
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:31am On Oct 24, 2019
EastGold:
Autojoshng

You again?
I mark your face

Pointus pilate
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 5:49am On Oct 24, 2019
NGpatriot:
So, a concession to manage and operate is now what bloggers call donation?

Blogger blogger, no credibility..

Abegi, which “concession” is that?
And when did it pass through public bidding or other aspects of the procurement law?

The likelihood is that this thread is based on a MISTAKEN premise...
It’s doubtful Sanwo-Olu bought new buses, and if he did it wouldn’t be for BRT.

>
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by NGpatriot: 6:17am On Oct 24, 2019
[s]
9jaRealist:

Abegi, which “concession” is that?
And when did it pass through public bidding or other aspects of the procurement law?

The likelihood is that this thread is based on a MISTAKEN premise...
It’s doubtful Sanwo-Olu bought new buses, and if he did it wouldn’t be for BRT.

>
[/s]

Your no knowledge post advised me not to waste my time on you.
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 6:20am On Oct 24, 2019
DOUBT THE VERACITY OF THIS THREAD...

First, I believe that BSO was merely referring to the 800 buses already purchased by the Ambode administration (the number 800 is too much of a coincidence). There is no way that Tinubu’s errand boys at the State Assembly would be “probing” the Ambode administration for buying those 800 buses supposedly without specific appropriation while BSO would be simultaneously embarking on substantively the same course of action.

Furthermore, it is unlikely that BSO would “donate” these new buses to Primero for BRT services, given that Primero just raised N16.50 billion in a bond offering a couple of months ago (in June 2019) to purchase a fleet of 1200 new buses to (1) replace some of its existing fleet and (2) to operate its concession on the new Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT route, on which it emerged as winner of the public bidding and procurement process

I believe that BSO’s reference to expanding the BRT essentially refers to the new Oshodi-Abule Egba route for which the BRT Corridor was heading towards completion until the State Assembly cut off funding for the Ambode administration’s projects by refusing to pass the 2019 Budget until Ambode left office. The Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Corridor will now likely be ready in Q1 2020 and doesn’t require buses today.

Finally, suffice it to note that these new high-capacity and environmentally-friendlier buses were purchased as part of a program to eventually replace the rickety and dare-devilish Danfo buses from all major bus routes in Lagos (towards which the LASG/LAMATA has been working with NURTW to train/retrain drivers and conductors). Unfortunately, it seems BSO’s remarks there were somehow lost in translation.

ACCORDINGLY, I DOUBT THAT BSO BOUGHT 800 NEW BUSES, AND DOUBT THAT ANY LASG BUSES WERE DONATED FOR BRT SERVICES!
>
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 6:23am On Oct 24, 2019
NGpatriot:
Your no knowledge post advised me not to waste my time on you.

Resort to personal insults merely betray a lack of substance or a crude upbringing. Either way, not really surprised... smh undecided
>
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 6:34am On Oct 24, 2019
Balenciagabrain:
Any government that is still thinking buses to ease transportation in Lagos is not a serious government. Pls what happened to making railway system work in Lagos?

Lagos state NEEDs a good rail network and heavy taxes on cars for it to work.

Both are NOT mutually-exclusive...
But while waiting for the light rail to be completed, we still need to get around the city timely, comfortably and safely.

Meanwhile, also note that LASG ferry (Lagferry), UberBoats and other private operators will be providing ferry services.
>

1 Like

Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by kleverley(m): 7:00am On Oct 24, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
how is 800+800=1.6m
oops! Error
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by kleverley(m): 7:02am On Oct 24, 2019
RexTramadol1:

1,600 buses tho'
It was an error thanks for the much needed correction
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by kleverley(m): 7:04am On Oct 24, 2019
owbabs:

Please where did you get the stuff you're smoking. I'd like to get some.
lol
twas an error, I've had it corrected
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by kleverley(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2019
psucc:
Bros you dry nigerian presidency? Even if you ask somebody in the Presidential Villa 2+2=? He will tell you it is N20b
lol
it was an error
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by kleverley(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
how is 800+800=1.6m
An error but I've modified it
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by NylonSlave: 7:16am On Oct 24, 2019
COOL
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by richiepolymer(m): 7:30am On Oct 24, 2019
How just one man sits in the destiny and progress if lagos is baffling to me. Lagosians seem not tired yet of all these heartless and demonic politicians who don't mind looting till their last breath.
May their souls burn eternally, may their families never ever know peace even in their graves and cursed shall they remain for eternity.
Even in their deteriorating health, they are still looting. See them? Is this what you want lagosians? For how long?
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by AstronGXXX49742: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2019
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by delishpot: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2019
That private company is private to the govt but not private to the govnr. He bout buses for his business.
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by NGpatriot: 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
9jaRealist:

Resort to personal insults merely betray a lack of substance or a crude upbringing. Either way, not really surprised... smh undecided
>

Your post had no substance, it was another lazy gossip ànd rumor peddling and I don't waste my time on your kind of no knowledge posts.
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 1:28am On Oct 25, 2019
NGpatriot:
Your post had no substance, it was another lazy gossip ànd rumor peddling and I don't waste my time on your kind of no knowledge posts.

Cannot really blame those who suffer the misfortune of a poor upbringing (and in your case, cannot overcome same)
But your crass and crude personal insults will never compensate for your lack of a substantively meritorious argument. SMH
undecided
>
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by Esejojo: 2:07am On Oct 25, 2019
9jaRealist:
DOUBT THE VERACITY OF THIS THREAD...

First, I believe that BSO was merely referring to the 800 buses already purchased by the Ambode administration (the number 800 is too much of a coincidence). There is no way that Tinubu’s errand boys at the State Assembly would be “probing” the Ambode administration for buying those 800 buses supposedly without specific appropriation while BSO would be simultaneously embarking on substantively the same course of action.

Furthermore, it is unlikely that BSO would “donate” these new buses to Primero for BRT services, given that Primero just raised N16.50 billion in a bond offering a couple of months ago (in June 2019) to purchase a fleet of 1200 new buses to (1) replace some of its existing fleet and (2) to operate its concession on the new Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT route, on which it emerged as winner of the public bidding and procurement process

I believe that BSO’s reference to expanding the BRT essentially refers to the new Oshodi-Abule Egba route for which the BRT Corridor was heading towards completion until the State Assembly cut off funding for the Ambode administration’s projects by refusing to pass the 2019 Budget until Ambode left office. The Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Corridor will now likely be ready in Q1 2020 and doesn’t require buses today.

Finally, suffice it to note that these new high-capacity and environmentally-friendlier buses were purchased as part of a program to eventually replace the rickety and dare-devilish Danfo buses from all major bus routes in Lagos (towards which the LASG/LAMATA has been working with NURTW to train/retrain drivers and conductors). Unfortunately, it seems BSO’s remarks there were somehow lost in translation.

ACCORDINGLY, I DOUBT THAT BSO BOUGHT 800 NEW BUSES, AND DOUBT THAT ANY LASG BUSES WERE DONATED FOR BRT SERVICES!
>

1. Why would BSO donate buses that is subject to a probe?

2. Indeed, it is suspicious that that the number of buses in question is still 800. Could the governor be donating the same undisbursed Ambode buses to a private company, and with a false claim to have bought them.

3. The governor unambigously stated in the said twitter message that he bought and donated the buses for BRT. Does the governor not understand what BRT is, or who the operator is?

4. What is the current state of the Abulegba-Oshodi corridor to warrant the 800 buses?

5. Why would the Abulegba-Oshodi BRT corridor that have not commence operations be expanded?

6. BSO message was not lost in translation. It is as clear as crystal.

1 Like

Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 2:59am On Oct 25, 2019
Esejojo:
1. Why would BSO donate buses that is subject to a probe?
That's not the point being made. Rather, the point is that it is highly unlikely that BSO would go out and buy 800 new buses that has not been appropriated in by the State Assembly (see the passed Appropriations Act 2019), when that's exactly the reason advanced for the Ambode probe.

2. Indeed, it is suspicious that that the number of buses in question is still 800. Could the governor be donating the same undisbursed Ambode buses to a private company, and with a false claim to have bought them.

3. The governor unambigously stated in the said twitter message that he bought and donated the buses for BRT. Does the governor not understand what BRT is, or who the operator is?
That's NOT actually what BSO said (see below), but I think the way he said leads to a confusing conflation of the new buses with BRT buses. Of course, as I already noted, Primero raised N16.50 billion this past June to purchase new BRT buses.

4. What is the current state of the Abulegba-Oshodi corridor to warrant the 800 buses?

5. Why would the Abulegba-Oshodi BRT corridor that have not commence operations be expanded?
My point is that BSO's reference to an "expansion" of the BRT refers to the yet-to-be-completed Oshodi-Abule Egba route. Outside of that, there are NO other BRT corridors that is presently being developed.

6. BSO message was not lost in translation. It is as clear as crystal.
Again, there's no tangible indication that BSO bought 800 new buses without State Assembly appropriation (where are the buses parked?), and certainly NO evidence that (even if he bought buses) he "donated" new buses to Primero (the BRT concessionaire).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10442496_sanwoolubrt1_jpeg1d7e05d16fa07c8228c714aa6bf6e4f5
>
Re: Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS) by HospitalityDiva(f): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2019
God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2face Idibia Visits Buhari In London In A Photoshopped Picture / Nigerian Aircraft Overloaded With Cash Collapses / Mbaka's Prophecy On Ihedioha Confirmed: Hope Uzodinma Becomes Imo Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.